[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general /edhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: en_2xAXRdWQSW.png (184 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_2xAXRdWQSW.png
184 KB, 265x370
previous thread: >>44584129

Crucible of Worlds reprint when edition

>RESOURCES
http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s colour identity.

CARD SEARCHING:

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
>>44619698
What a shit legend.

When are we going to start getting legends that explore new design space again?

That being said, this card is going to allow g/r/x decks to generate a shit ton of mana. Azuza/summer bloom/exploration and bouncing Gaea's Cradle comes to mind.
>>
I have a G/B/R Eldrazi deck but with the advent of blue Eldrazi in BFZ I seriously considered making it five-color, partly so I could have flying, but also so I could use Herald of Kozilek and Sire of Stagnation. Sire has a special place in my heart after I pulled it in a draft with some friends and fucking curbstomped because all my friends had built around landfall to some degree.

Anyway with the one white Eldrazi that was spoiled I feel even more incentivised to go five-color, but of course my commander selection is limited and I certainly can't have an Eldrazi commander. Any suggestions?
>>
>>44620279
omnath of rage is going to be doing work with them out.
>>
>>44620603
Atogatog.

More realistically, child of alara lets you keep a board wipe in the command zone and sliver queen can at least provide blockers. Karona, false god could work for a tribal boost. Her name is at least somewhat on theme.
>>
>>44621721
Cromat is the only true pentacolor commander.
>>
File: 1996wc.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1996wc.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>44621945
No, the only true five-color commander is 1996 World Champion.
>>
File: Khalni Garden.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Khalni Garden.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>44619698
In my head, I know doing this is fucking shit because the land comes into play tapped, and the token is basically worthless, but my inner bad player who loves derpy combos really wants to use those two with pic related
>>
File: Ehh.png (199 KB, 528x542) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.png
199 KB, 528x542
Has anyone every played in a EDH league? Are they cancer? Are they Fun? Do they run online? Do they run on cockatrice so I can continue to be bad without spending money??
>>
>>44622345
Only played one in person and it was the 'gain points for doing certain things and lose points for being competitive about it' kind. It wasnt terrible honestly but the kinds of people there were pretty varied which didnt mesh well with the points system, and it was in like three 8 man pods, wouldve likely been better as a six 4s.

TL;DR: if you need a game they can suffice but depending on how they run it expect funky rules catrring to feelgood or hyper competitive play.
>>
File: Srs games.png (887 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Srs games.png
887 KB, 1600x900
>>44622523
Sounds interesting enough. Might be nice to start out in babies first feelgood community. I've heard about some leagues using a first come first served basis on commanders any knowledge about that?
>>
File: Image.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
What's your favorite guildmage, edhg?

Mine's Vizkopa solely for that second ability. The drain you can inflict with this guy is just insane.
>>
>>44622692
Izzet by far, so easy to go infinite with it.
>>
>>44622692
I've always wanted to stick Azorius Guildmage into a deck just for the reusable Stifle but I've never actually finished making a UWx deck. Zameck Guildmage is also pretty neat.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44622692
Azorius Guildmage purely because the power level is through the roof compared to the others.
>>
File: civicguildmage.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
civicguildmage.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>44622692
I put it in my Rubinia deck for fun. Take opponent's creature, put it on top of their library. Repeat every turn until they stop playing creatures.
>>
>>44622345
>9 out of 9 players will be ramping into fatties
>one of those players occasionally plays a stupid counterspell deck and gets mad when you focus fire him to shit
>whole table groans if you play a wipe-centric commander because "muh spirit"
>there will be a point system
>it will be inane as shit and punish for MLD
>you will have to build your deck around it
>you're still playing with randoms so you're hoping they're not all huge assholes and asspies

Don't know anything about trying to find one on the Cock but I'll go ahead and say it isn't likely.
>>
File: doom jest.png (317 KB, 320x385) Image search: [Google]
doom jest.png
317 KB, 320x385
>>44623726
Just looked up various point systems. Here are some highlights. It's like a Magic safe space for babies.
>-4 points for killing player before their fifth turn
>-2 points for destroying more than one land a single player controls
>-2 points for using an infinite combo
>+1 point for playing with an unmodified precon deck
>+1 point for controlling ten or more creature tokens
>+1 point if you ended the game without searching your library
>+1 point for being the first player to get killed
>+3 points, at end of game players vote to give one player these points
>>
File: AlrightBuddy.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
AlrightBuddy.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>44623998
I dunno Dr. Doom, it seems like some of those could encourage a game that draws on long term conquest and diplomacy rather than just autistic deck building. Dare I say it, they might cause that elusive buzzword, 'fun'
>>
File: fun.jpg (13 KB, 166x299) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
13 KB, 166x299
>>44624045
If I wanted to have fun, why on earth would I be playing Magic?
>>
>>44624127
I dunno. I guess I'm the guy that can enjoy literally anything, but in sliding scales of enjoyment. Things range from less good to more good.
>>
File: Mass LD is more or less rape.jpg (104 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Mass LD is more or less rape.jpg
104 KB, 960x540
>Playing in 4 man game with Prossh and some other guys
>Prossh casts him general, it gets killed
>Next turn someone Strip Mines him so he can't recast
>Next turn I Waste one of his lands
>he goes ballistic
>"WHY DO YOU PLAY CARDS LIKE THAT IN CASUAL FORMAT JUST LET ME CAST MY GENERAL"
>Tell him no
>He rage scoops a couple turns later
>Tells us he would have won if we didn't play cheap cards

Why are Prossh pickers such trash?
>>
>>44624045
>fun is everyone playing the same exact style of magic as me
>and being uninterrupted while we do it
>with nothing interesting happening by group consensus for no less than six rounds of ramping and playing fatties
>trying to play a diplomatic game in "I think eldrazi should be banned" the format

>>44623998
I'm glad my point system isn't remotely that bad. Its only real negatives are for destroying someone's entire manabase, going infinite, or taking multiple long solitaire turns.
>>
>>44624296
This doesn't actually happen right? People aren't so bad that they get mad over this when their deck is built with a big target on it?
>>
>>44624324
Is there a rule for long library searches? I had a player in my group who would take AGES to find cards and then debate over them and then eventually pick one.
>>
File: Karametra is happy.png (180 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Karametra is happy.png
180 KB, 265x370
>>44619698
Revealed today.

Anyone's thoughts?
>>
>>44624483
Zzzz
>>
>>44624483
It'd be better if it wasn't lands specifically, considering all the alternative sources of mana that exist like the signets and the rocks like sol ring and dynamo engine.

Card draw off creatures would be solid if it was a green ramp deck that only cared about casting big things, like the Kruphix list I have going that's all about generating mana and expiring it to build a bank and dump it all on big things like Omniscience, the Titans, and other tediously expensive things. Anything that would be strictly anything else wouldn't work for it and it'd feel wasted otherwise, so it's a no-go for decks that prefer cheating things out in their own magical ways.

It feels like it was made to bring green ramp back into the forefront in Standard, but disregards the fact that green ramp only cares about lands 76% of the time.
>>
>>44624382
Not really, the rules are pretty decently lax.
>>
>>44624382

You have "slow play" rules in tournaments, and taking ages to tutor is under that umbrella. You can try to bother a judge to keep an eye on your opponent.

In casual settings what you can do is to try to enforce a maximum time limit for library searching, say 1 minute, and if the player doesn't comply he gets penalized (third time he does that in a match he automatically loses, or something).
>>
>>44625075
You as well are a retard.
>>
Is it worth having Secluded Steepe and Drifting Meadow in a mono white deck instead of basic lands. Im running stuff like strata scythe and blade of the animist.
>>
>>44624483
>ramp and card draw
That's cool.
>5GG
God fucking dammit, Wizards.
>>
File: stitcher-geralf.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
stitcher-geralf.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
Actually tempted to build this dorky looking guy.
My play group (including myself) has devolved into a bunch of power gamers, and I want to build a deck that I can bring out against the more casual players at my LGS.

Anyone who runs him who can recommend him? Fun tech?
>>
>>44625275
Basically a worse Caged Sun.
>>
>>44624483
It's an engine, not a bomb, but costs as much mana as a bomb.
Waste of a card.
>>
>>44624483
I'd rather just play Vorinclex.
>>
>>44625462
Cards that put shit on top of their owner's library.

Laugh as you exile all their shit in monoblue.
>>
What are some cool non-drain cards for me to put into the Karlov deck that I'm building? So far I'm looking at Erebos, Sun Titan, Athreos, and some others but I'm not committed to anything specific.
>>
>>44621985
>1-hit kill without pumps voltron commander.
>>
>>44626061
What they hell is a non-drain card and how do you define it to include Athreos?
>>
>>44626208
Drain as in "opponent loses one life, I gain one life."

Blood Artist
Drana's Emissary
any Extort card
Palace Siege

You know, the whole gimmick of Karlov. I'm looking for other types of card to put in the deck that do different things to fill out the remainder of the deck.
>>
>>44626061
Sunscorch regent is an autoinclude for karlov, and exquisite blood gets you value out of everything
>>
>>44626499
Sunscorch Regent looks cool. I'll make sure to pick one up. I already have Sanguine Bond. Is it wrong of me to also run Exquisite Blood?
>>
>>44625462
I tried him out. While I absolutely love his effect, I always found myself winning through a combo unrelated to him in the slightest and using his giant dudes as blockers. Only one time I have ever won with his Zombies was due to Walk the Aeons Buyback at the very end of the game.

If anything, Archetype of Imagination/Wonder are must-haves. Evasion is needed for the zombies.

I have a Wrexial/Lazav deck that still uses the good doctor. He has done work whenever he comes out and I personally think he's criminally underrated.
>>
>>44626566
Honestly if you don't want to have the combo sitting around blood is probably better. Gives you triggers when your opponents beat each other up
>>
>>44626592
>gain life from other players killing each other
I hadn't thought about that. Thanks anon!
>>
>>44626632
Don't forget that each instance of life loss with Blood triggers karlov. If somebody gets alpha struck by 100+ elves karlov goes full super saiyan
>>
File: Jori.png (182 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Jori.png
182 KB, 265x370
So I've been brainstorming this girl and finding cards that work well with her. Aside from small 1~3cmc cards that cantrip, I found the following for her:
>Possibility Storm
>Mind's Desire
>Mizzix's Mastery
>Spelltwine
>Eterium-Horn Sorcerer
>Chancellor of the Spires
>Counterlash
>Epic Experiment
>Jace's Mindseeker
>Mindclaw Shaman/Reversal of Fortune
>Stolen Goods
>Talent of the Telepath
>Spellweaver Volute
>Knowledge Exploitation

With all of these cards, I know the theme I'm going for. Question is: What are some game-enders in Izzet colors?
>>
>>44626672
I thought it was one trigger for First Strike, and another for normal attacks. Are you saying that I get a Karlov trigger for each creature that hits an opponent this way? That's crazy.
>>
>>44626696
Storm seems like a decent fit. You could always try going voltron lite with diviners wand or just burn people with Sphinx-bone
>>
>>44626354
Karlov's ability strictly deals with life gain.

So non-drain cards you could consider
Soul's Attendant
Soul Warden
Suture Priest
Pristine Talisman
Well of Lost Dreams
Archangel of Thune
Patron of the Kitsune
Felidar Sovereign
Sunbond
Wall of Reverence
Righteous Cause
Weathered Wayfarer
Knight of the White Orchid
That one other card that searches a Plains and is decent
Cabal Coffers
Urborg
Renounce
Planar Birth
Ankh of Mishra
Healer of the Pride
Lightning Greaves
Swiftfoot Boots
Whispersilk Cloak
Wrath of God
Armageddon
Skullclamp

Like seriously nigger
>>
>>44626717
It gets out of hand very quickly. My karlov deck is built around getting life out of absolutely anything that happens, and he pretty routinely hits 40+ counters. My record was well over a hundred
>>
>>44626696
Insurrection
Firemind's Foresight Combo
Storm
Try Think Twice
>>44626721
I would say Melek and Mizzix are better for storm, I think she fits better in an aggro/tempo shell with stuff like Nivix Cyclops, Wee Dragonauts, and Kiln Fiend. The stream of card draw lets you keep tempo over multiple players in a larger game, and you can tap out to drop her early before you need to start watching out for game-ending threats.
>>
>>44626753
And let us not forget the ultimate jank, Darkest Hour/Absolute Grace.
>>
>>44626717
Reminder that righteous confluence is three life gain triggers if you select it three times, so for seven mana you can have an emergency exile from a fresh karlov
>>
>>44626354
It's pretty vital that you have enchantment exile effects. Karlov shuts down hard to any life gain blocking effect, pretty much all of which are enchantments
>>
>>44625142
Bump because I still have no idea
>>
>>44626944
In monowhy definitely. Card Draw is its largest weakness.
>>
>>44625142
>Secluded Steepe
yes
>Drifting Meadow
No
>>
File: en_5EWnQlF4qV.png (193 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_5EWnQlF4qV.png
193 KB, 265x370
>>44626696
I've been pondering how I wanted to build her, too. Spells that cast spells is where I was leaning, too.

Diluvian, Mindclaw, Talent of the Telepath, Reversal of Fortune, Spelltwine, Jaces Mindseeker, Knowledge Exploitation, Minds Desire, ect.

Cheap flashback like Snappy, Deep Anal, Looting, Recoup, Think Twice, maybe other stuff that's cute like Alter Reality.

Epic Experiment, Etherhorn Sorcerer, Gitaxian Probe, Brainstorm, and other free/cheap shit.

I think it would work pretty well.
>>
>>44624359
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>44625493
Considering its all colors and color less and not just one like caged sun I think it's decent. It's not strictly worse or better
>>
File: deathbringer regent.png (116 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
deathbringer regent.png
116 KB, 223x311
Name 50¢ cards that end up being kind of alright in the format.

I'll start. Definitely not the worst "wrath" in the format, I never played it but every time someone cast it it did some work. Been seeing it a lot in a friend's Zurgo list where it really shines, for obvious reasons.
>>
any cali based fa/tg/uys going to GP oakland this weekend? I'm just going to assume everyone playing Shu Yun is a fellow /tg/ neckbeard
>>
>>44629249
Pro tip: playing Shu Yun is code in the community for "I want to get raped by a fat neckbeard in the convention center bathroom".

Help them fulfill their fantasy.
>>
File: 1443120441832.png (30 KB, 233x347) Image search: [Google]
1443120441832.png
30 KB, 233x347
>>44629292
Sounds like i made Shu Yun at the perfect time
>>
Regarding anus mana and color identity, can you still play newdrazi with anus mana symbols if your commander doesnt have anus mana symbols in its casting cost?
>>
>>44629883
Yes because anus mana isn't a colour
>>
>>44629883
>>44629912
>anus mana
I wish this meme would die.
>>
>>44629922
Same, and I worry for those that have have anuses gaping and shaped like that. Can't be healthy.
>>
>>44626783
>>44628515
Like I said, I think she'll work best in a tempo/aggro list with prowess and pseudo-prowess creatures, cheap draw spells, and maybe even burn to clear a path, like a delver deck in EDH.
>>
>>44629883
Anus is just a new symbol for colorless, and unless the rules suddenly change colorless is still A-OKAY in any deck
>>
>>44629964

Yea. Love the idea. Stupid cantrip creatures like Abbot of Kher Keep work great, too.

How do you finish, though?
>>
File: 155[1].jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
155[1].jpg
63 KB, 312x445
How many cards are there that depend upon the order of your graveyard?
>>
>>44630391
Not many.
>>
File: 5502.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
5502.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
>>44630391
Pic related is why I have to be very careful when playing my Liliana deck.
>>
File: soldevi digger.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
soldevi digger.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44630391
There are enough such cards that see play in EDH that you should always ask before reordering your graveyard, just in case.
>>
>>44630104
Teleportal
Dynacharge
Insurrection
Extra Combat Step Spells
>>
>>44630455
That art is awesome. What happened to Magic's art direction??
>>
>>44630679
It's easier to crank out CGI garbage than it is to paint an actual picture.
>>
File: received_496969140451397.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
received_496969140451397.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>play game
>have a close match, clinch the win
>"next turn I would totally have killed you"
>"I would've won if you hadn't hit me so hard"
>>
>>44631193
MTG has an overabundance of sore losers.
>>
File: lolipoppy2.png (331 KB, 453x264) Image search: [Google]
lolipoppy2.png
331 KB, 453x264
>>44631193
>clinch the win

>angels grace
>>
>>44630477
>>44630455
>>44630391
I run a Phyrexian Furnace in several of my competitive EDH decks, just so I can get kids who rearrange their graveyards DQ'd at tournaments for cheating. The judge is always like: "Well, do you even have a card in your deck that makes it matter?" I laugh before replying, "Yes, of course I do!" Works every time.
>>
File: Image.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
128 KB, 223x311
So ive been playing this chick, and shes amazing. I was never the green mage until I met her. Just recurring fleshbags seems insane most of the time. The best part about her is she feel fair. You wont win the game with an infinite combo, no random craterhoof+tokens (most of the time), just good old grindy magic.
>>
>>44631513
Again, this is why you always ask your opponents if it's okay to rearrange your graveyard when you're playing an eternal format. Even if you have nothing that cares about your graveyard order, and even if THEY have nothing that cares about their opponents' graveyard, they could have something like Corpse Dance which you might end up casting off a Commandeer or Diluvian Primordial, in which case your graveyard order does matter.

Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>44631632
A solid 75% commander IMO, strong but fucked over by Grafdigger's Cage etc
>>
>>44631848
Pack removal. For fuck's sake, it's a 2 color deck that has green in it. caustic caterpillar, acidic slime, viridian zealot all have strong synergy with the commander. Not to mention the generally strong removal that most green decks ought to run, like nature's claim and beast within. Golgari charm, even!

If your Meren deck is getting screwed by enchantment/artifact based graveyard hate, it's your own darned fault, generally speaking.
>>
>>44632123
Yeah that's the point
I was talking about it being a good 75% commander, do you know what that means?
>>
>>44632123
If you say so. Better hope nobody around you starts packing RiP though
>>
>>44632217
Yes, it means you're from Reddit. Maybe you should stay there.
>>
>>44632217
A commander can be 75% without having the strategy fucked by one good piece of hate. You can have a solid, well-rounded deck that isn't overpowered and isn't playing all out, but still has the capacity to stay in the game through adversity.

>>44632218
Rest in Peace shouldn't kill a Meren deck. If it does, then you're putting too heavy a focus on your graveyard. Use your graveyard for advantage, but you shouldn't be boned if your graveyard gets exiled; there's simply too many effects that do exactly that.
>>
>>44632218
Same thing applies as anything else. Removal gets rid of it, no one mentioned Abrupt Decay even though it hits just about everything a GY deck needs to worry about, but you also shouldn't overextend. It's like the aggro deck that plays 2 creatures, gets wrathed, and is stuck in top deck mode because he's out of gas. You can get away with it a lot more in EDH than in Legacy or modern. It's multiplayer, so you can play the long game a lot easier.
>>
>>44631848
Grafdigger's Cage is weaksauce, precisely because its a temporary solution that's fucked over by all the enchantment removal everyone runs.

You need permanent solutions to graveyards, like RIP, Nihil Spellbomb, and Rakdos Charm.

Literally every color can do it, from colorless sources like Tormod's Crypt to off-beat solutions like Bazaar of Wonders and Burn Away.
>>
>>44632558
>Burn Away

So underrated it hurts. Very rarely has burn away disappointed me when I've cast it. Best part is that Burn Away doesn't even have to kill the creature. As long as it does that turn, they exile their GY.
>>
>>44625493

Except it's better than caged sun ya dingus
>>
>>44632558
Bojuka Bog a best. It doesn't even use up a deck slot.

Rest in Peace is technically the most powerful piece of graveyard hate you can get but most decks don't like exiling their own graveyards. Even if you're playing something like Anafenza hatebears, you like to be able to use your graveyard.
>>
>>44633084
>deck slot
Spell slot, rather.
>>
>>44622345
Ours was a giant round robin then a single elimination bracket for finals.

Obviously the decks were cutthroat but had a healthy mix of deck types. Even if a lot of them were shit like zur or maelstrom wanderer
>>
File: baton.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
baton.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
Got this as secret tech for my Gisela deck. Should allow for some shenangians and probably make my playgroup upset.
>>
>>44633272
How is this secret tech for Gisela?
>>
>>44624483
Its a better mirrari's wake, but by the time you cast it you already have enough dakka...I mean mana. So its a bit worse, but the two abilities do synergize. You have the mana to cast creatures, and those creatures in turn draw you cards that you can also cast because you have a ton of mana.

I'll be good in rampy green decks, like Prosh, Marath, or Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
>>44633385
Not that anon, but it would make it that much harder for your opponents creatures to get through since you can spread their already diminished damage around.
>>
>>44633457
You have Gisela out, you're already winning in combat, this artifact is just win-more and it's not even doing it well. It's a bad card anon. You're probably not going to need to multi-block anything your opponents have if Gisela is out, and if you're worried about getting blocked by multiple creatures then even something shit like Yuan Shao would be better.
>>
Anybody want to rate my Roon deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/go-flick-yourself-1/
>>
>>44630679
They started making a style and guideline for artist to follow somewhere around the Urza storyline block when the creators started getting serious about magic to basically establish they don't want shit card art. Over the years artists had a loose relationship with the card creators where the creators say
"Yo, so I got this reanimate card. I'm gonna call it Corpse Dance, ummmm, make it look cool."
"Yo bro, I gotcha."
Years go on and now wizards want to make their fanfiction commission to be perfect to reflect what's happening in the not Avengers storyline.
Now wizards are too tight on artists where you get more like this,
"Hey man what if I drew this?"
>"MUH JACE! MUH NISSA! MORE PLANESWALKERS!"
"Uhm, I'm sorry, but I can't really do that without making it look chessy. You are silly."
>"REEEE, MAKE IT LIKE I WROTE IT IN 25 PAGE LOREBOOK! I AM SILLY!"
Now the only people left are people who are experimenting at git gud and are doing it for salary work and for a resume. They really don't care to push things to look cool with an already grocery list of demand on them
>>
>>44633880
It's shit.
>>
>>44633915
Thanks anon, glad to see /tg/ is still friendly
>>
>>44633893
>Years go on and now wizards want to make their fanfiction commission to be perfect to reflect what's happening in the not Avengers storyline.
>"REEEE, MAKE IT LIKE I WROTE IT IN 25 PAGE LOREBOOK! I AM SILLY!"
Are you being ironic, post-ironic, meta-post-ironic, or just retarded?
>>
>>44633931
>hurr durr i make ugx etb dekk lol teegee amicool yet?

no
>>
>>44633931
You're welcome. Don't hesitate if you have more decks you need my opinion on.
>>
>>44633798
>Not that anon
Did you miss that bit? I didn't even say whether i felt it was a good or bad addition to his deck, just offered reasoning as to why he might run it.
>>
>>44633974
>>44633982
That's my first commander deck I built off of the Derevi 2013 premade which I bought because I thought it looked cool
I don't see what your fucking problem is, I was just asking for some constructive criticism
>>
>>44633272
Banding only works as secret tech because new players don't understand what the fuck it is or how it works.
>>
>>44634019
And I'm explaining why it's bad. It's not a personal attack anon.
>>
>>44634077
No, you asked for a rating. I gave you a rating. Shit/10. If you want constructive criticism, then that's another matter entirely.
>>
>>44634077
Anon's just tired of getting his shit pushed in by Bant and other UGx decks, there's a certain stigma against them here. Don't take it personally, it's 4chan, being shitters to anyone and everyone is par for the course.

As to your deck, it looks like you have a pretty strong start. I'd add a few more creatures that destroy target artifact/enchantment/nonland permanent, but as is it already looks pretty solid.
>>
File: 516hB2JlNtL._SY400_.jpg (17 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
516hB2JlNtL._SY400_.jpg
17 KB, 265x370
Thoughs on this for eldrazi processors? A single tap lets you get at least 2-3 exiles easy for early/continuous processing, but all of it is face down so youre doing it blind. Has a kind of neat effect if your table lets you hit 7 mana without blowing it up, but if they do youre stuck with some unretrievable cards.
>>
File: 1285701237557.jpg (29 KB, 468x458) Image search: [Google]
1285701237557.jpg
29 KB, 468x458
>>44633880
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/go-flick-yourself-1/
>bouncing Stonehorn Dignitary
It looks pretty good. I think you should move Brago, Zegana, and Resto to the main board. In my RUG bounce, i recently included Myr Battlesphere and it's been working wonders. As for stuff from the new set, Thought-Knot Seer seems pretty dumb in bounce decks.
>>
>>44633880
I'm not going to assign a number to it. There are a few issues I see.

First of all, you have a ton of cards that are redundant with your commander. What do you need Cloudshift and Ghostly Flicker for? Do you really need a card that does nothing except for what your commander already does? You have access to your commander at all times. Build like it.

The other issue is that you don't seem to have too much payoff in your deck. Your enablers are strong, but ultimately, what are you going to do with your flickering? Get basic lands with the elves? Tap down creatures with Dungeon Geists?

Look for cards that generate value with their ETB/LTB triggers. Thragtusk is a good one. Stonehorn Dignitary is also another good one.

For starters, cut Mnemonic Wall, Kazandu Tuskcaller, Deceiver Exarch. From there, cut the cards that are redundant with your commander and then add in cards that generate value from being flickered or that support your commander rather than being redundant with him.
>>
>>44634497
I'm not entirely sold on Brago but I was thinking about swapping Kazandu Tuskcaller and Wood Elves for the other 2. Thanks

>>44634556
Because Roon is 5 mana with a 2 mana ability which he can use once per turn and which he can't use if I haven't got either set of boots for haste.

That was one of my main concerns, which is why I'm considering things like Armada Wurm and Geist-Honored Monk.

Yeah no shit mate.

You're only telling me cards to cut and providing no suggestions on what to put in.
>>
File: 9.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>44634556
>You have access to your commander at all times.
Except when you don't. Also, Roon's ability costs 2G and returns things at the end step. Cloudstep and Ghostly Flicker don't even do exactly the same thing. And even if they did, redundancy is a GOOD thing because it means your deck is more consistent.
>>
File: edh.png (1 MB, 1020x1404) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1 MB, 1020x1404
Post em
>>
>>44634709
It's rare that people are looking for suggestions as to what to add rather than what to take out. You even already have a maybeboard. Maybe start there? Armada Wurm and Geist-Honored Monk would certainly be good additions to your deck.

>>44634762
If you're in a position where cards like Cloudshift and Ghostly Flicker are relevant, then you've already lost the game and those two cards aren't going to save you.

If things are going well, then cards that are redundant with your commander are, well... redundant. There's no point in playing cards like that unless they will actually rescue your game.

Brago is an example of a good redundancy. He can come in and take the place of Roon when Roon is unavailable. In fact, he's better at doing Roon's thing than Roon is, and is basically the deck's hidden commander.

Ghostly Flicker, on the other hand, won't do anything to help you when you can't get to your commander. It's a one-off flicker that will be a dead draw when things are going well and won't save you when things aren't.
>>
>>44634857
>If you're in a position where cards like Cloudshift and Ghostly Flicker are relevant, then you've already lost the game and those two cards aren't going to save you.
So, what, you just concede whenever your commander gets removed and you don't have enough mana to re-cast it?

It doesn't sound to me like you're very good at commander. One more time with feeling, redundancy is a good thing. Hell, have you even considered the fact that either one of those cards might be able to save Roon if he were Arrested?

>>44634709
Anon, I suggest taking out Ghostly Flicker and replacing it with Feeling of Dread. It targets only one thing at a time, but it has flashback. IMO, it gives you more bang for your buck.
>>
File: andcounting.png (1 MB, 594x797) Image search: [Google]
andcounting.png
1 MB, 594x797
>>44634838
k
>>
File: mina and denn.png (322 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
mina and denn.png
322 KB, 400x560
>>44619698
Speaking of Mina and Denn, I've been brewing a lands deck with them. It's unbelievably expensive so I'll probably never build it, but it gets some really explosive starts in playtesting. Any suggestions for cuts/adds?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mina-and-denn-lands/
>>
File: Updated_Current_Decks.png (2 MB, 1868x801) Image search: [Google]
Updated_Current_Decks.png
2 MB, 1868x801
>>44634838

This isn't fully updated.

Nahiri is now Kalemne with no regrets. God damn freight train.

Chandra is now Jeska. Made it before I went to bed, so it needs to be tweaked until I find my sweet spot for voltron/control.

Nylea and Ezuri aren't working out.

I really want Nylea to work, and I think I need to reign in the monsters and find a better curve.

Ezuri has just been a disappointment except for the one time I went infinite sage on T4 thanks to Sol Ring. People in my meta are excited about him, but no one has really gotten it to work properly.
>>
>>44634964
What does the Anax and Cymede deck look like?
I especially want to know what you use to target them and trigger heroic.
>>
>>44635177
Mostly combat tricks. I can link the list if you like.
>>
>>44635253
I'd appreciate that, thank you.
>>
>>44635368
Sure, here ya go:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/anax-and-cymede-casual-1v1/
Like the title says, it's geared more for 1v1. Made it to duel with my brother with.
>>
>>44634948
>>44634857
Ghostly Flicker gives repeatable ETB/LTB triggers with Archaeomancer on the board, if it counts for anything.
>>
>>44635368
I'm actually glad you asked, because after looking at the list I realized that I don't have Seize the Day in there. Gonna add Flickering Ward too.
>>
File: edh.png (639 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
639 KB, 1024x768
>>44634838
more things are coming in the mail for newzuri as time passes

all is good in the world
>>
File: dragon lord silumgar.jpg (25 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
dragon lord silumgar.jpg
25 KB, 200x285
Alright guys I am thinking of adding in dragonlord silumgar for my marchesa deck is it worth running? How about if there is barely any planswalkers in the meta?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marchesa-vi-paliano/
>>
>>44634948
>So, what, you just concede whenever your commander gets removed and you don't have enough mana to re-cast it?
No, but you should play cards that actually allow you to recover rather than cards that will almost always be dead draws. If Roon has been arrested, there are a large number of things that will do a better job at getting your back into the game - Krosan Grip is a staple in Bant, and Path to Exile is a strong removal spell in addition to being able to send your own commander back to the command zone.

Sounds to me like you're not very good at Magic.
>>
>>44635927
>wasting a Path on your own commander because you didn't pack any redundancy
I don't even need to say anything anymore
>>
File: EDH decks.png (462 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
EDH decks.png
462 KB, 819x460
>>44634838
I just recently got back to EDH.
>>
>>44635784
He's good in the deck but your mana curve is already a bit awkward. Marchesa wants to be fairly aggressive.
>>
>>44635987
>Pharika

So glad this is a thing. So goddamn glad.

I also run Kalemne. Hits like a Mac truck.
>>
>>44635982
>using redundant cards because you're too stupid to understand that redundant cards are dead draws
Enjoy being shit, anon.

I'd rather Path my own commander than draw a Cloudshift in Roon.
>>
>>44635784
Soul Ransom is a bad card and you should cut it.
>>
>>44624483
Absolute garbage.

>>44626696
This is one of the few cards in the set that I like.
>>
>>44636083
>This is one of the few cards in the set that I like
Doesn't hurt that the promo is FUCKING GORGEOUS. It's gonna cost a lot of money.
>>
>>44636054
Anon, you keep using "redundant" like it's a bad thing. Communications networks have redundancies. Technology corporations have redundant databases. Infrastructure everywhere have redundancies because they make things more consistent. In Magic the Gathering, consistent decks are better decks.

Hell, as I've already pointed out, and that >>44635547 expanded on, having those cards in there can frequently do things other than what Roon can do. The sheer utility of the specific cards we're talking about here is very useful in a Roon deck. If you need to, you can use them to flash enemy creatures and remove their counters, flash Roon to use his ability a second time, or save any creature you control from removal after Roon's been tapped. All of those are functions that are not precisely redundant functions of those cards, but all of them are very utilitarian uses for them.
>>
>>44636046
>So glad this is a thing. So goddamn glad.
You might be the anon that inspired me to go with land affliction instead of just all out enchantress. Thanks for that.

Kalemne is great to the point that it feels dirty playing her.
>>
File: Wallpaper_Phelddagrif_1280x960.jpg (711 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_Phelddagrif_1280x960.jpg
711 KB, 1280x960
talk to me lads

is there any physical way I could make a solid dick with this guy as a commander that isn't grouphug as fuck
>>
File: 1443535852988.jpg (25 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1443535852988.jpg
25 KB, 396x396
>>44636179
>is there any physical way I could make a solid dick with this guy
L-lewd!
>>
File: u7807ucmq5_ur_wk20_300_cardart4.jpg (128 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
u7807ucmq5_ur_wk20_300_cardart4.jpg
128 KB, 620x462
>>44636080
Seeing it now, yea your right its really bad. Any other recommendations you suggest? Also why is she $80 foil?
>>
>>44635987
>>44634838
I want to make a golgari edh deck, and I dont feel like playing Meran, how is pharika?
>>
>>44636154
>flash Roon to use his ability a second time
How exactly are you getting haste in Bant?

Anyway, this is clearly a pointless argument.
>>
>>44626696
Omniscience/Enter the Infinite + Storm.
>>
>>44636098
I know. I wonder how much it will go for once the prerelease is all said and done.
>>
>>44636220
Well, she's a fairly popular commander, and people love to get foils of their commanders, which increases demand. Also, if it's a really nice looking foil people will hold onto them just because they like the card, so maybe it's a really nice looking foil?
>>
>>44636248
Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves
>>
>>44636312
Concordant Crossroads.
>>
>>44636098
>>44636098

Don't say that I want to get a playset.

>>44636239
I haven't run with Pharika much, but it's pretty fun. It catches people off guard. Plus, having a cheap, indestructible commander boosts moral.
>>
>>44636263
Urabrask is a nice foil, and he is like only 3 bucks more, while Aurelia's foil could be alot better and is 10x more expensive. Her foil must be jaw droping and I want it now.
>>
>>44636339
>Don't say that I want to get a playset
You're gonna pay a lot of money. People that win a copy are going to hold onto them just to admire, they may never even play it.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (144 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
144 KB, 223x311
Red Akroma is fun, but most games turn in to re-casting her over and over until she sticks for a turn and murdering someone, which can take a while. Most I've ever cast her for was 24.
>>
File: Da Squad.jpg (281 KB, 1490x745) Image search: [Google]
Da Squad.jpg
281 KB, 1490x745
>>44634838
Sure
>>
>>44636339
Can you tell me how you play her? I dont doubt a indestructible commander is fun but how do you pilot her whats the long term goal etc.
>>
File: Pharika.jpg (118 KB, 880x547) Image search: [Google]
Pharika.jpg
118 KB, 880x547
>>44636170
Yes, I am the one that started it. Glad it inspired you. If you posted a list in the last thread, I liked it.
>>
>>44636647
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pharika-build/
Is this your deck?
>>
>>44636526

Like this.

The end goal is generally to keep people off lands and/or blow them out with Massacre Wurm. Tailor answers to the meta, sprinkle stuff for flavor and boom.
>>
File: 1378352297680.jpg (272 KB, 1400x824) Image search: [Google]
1378352297680.jpg
272 KB, 1400x824
>>44636449
Could you post the Narset list?
I've been really eager to build a control superfriends deck with white but it feels like Narset is the best commander for it and I'm hoping I find some other options but until then...
>>
>>44636678
Yes. I meant to link it here actually >>44636683 lol
>>
File: EDH.png (760 KB, 1116x549) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
760 KB, 1116x549
>>44634838
>>
>>44636701
Yeah, I saved it during an earlier thread. It's very silly. My question is how often does Living Planes + Night of Souls' Betrayal actually resolves?
>>
>>44636760
You probably like white and blue too much.
>>
>>44636848

White, yeah. Blue? Not so much. Mostly coincidental.
>>
>>44636526
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pharika-god-of-affliction-edh-1/

This is my list. What this deck is supposed to do is load up your board with enough permanents that you can bounce back from a MLD. The list can probably use some more cards like Primal Command to shuffle back lost lands and other powerful cards to your library. Maybe some more mana rocks too.

Having a Black Market with a Planeswalker, some mana rocks+Living Plane+Night of Souls' Betrayal should win the came. No one ever expects it.
>>
>>44636784
I successfully landed it once, and it was devastating. I had Vraska and Freya on the table. There was really nothing they could do.
>>
File: muhdecks.jpg (306 KB, 784x857) Image search: [Google]
muhdecks.jpg
306 KB, 784x857
>>44634838
Rate
>>
File: 1344221716030.jpg (32 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1344221716030.jpg
32 KB, 250x242
>>44636848
>You probably like white and blue too much.
>like white and blue too much
>too much
That's not possible, anon
>>
>>44637043
Yes it's possible. If every deck someone plays is UGx, you'd call them out on it. Same goes for other color combinations in my opinion. I try to put some variety in my decks and if I notice I'm always using the same color combination, I try to go in the opposite direction for my next deck.
>>
>>44637299

The problem was that my first two decks had all of the colors between the 2. Gwafa Hazid mostly was made as a joke, Horde of notions is my attempt at a 5 color deck, and Ruhan was made for me as a gift.
>>
>>44631135
>muh traditional media!
You don't even know what you're talking about.

>>44630679
Uniformization of artists' level, art direction and house-style.
>>
>>44637299
Often when I'm planning a new EDH deck I catch myself looking at UG/x generals without thinking. Rarely do I use a majority red or white deck outside an Elesh Norn deck I made when she was new (all the soldier tokens).
>>
File: SpellstutterSprite.jpg (35 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
SpellstutterSprite.jpg
35 KB, 223x311
Okay, finished my list for my Newzuri faerie-focused deck. I played two games tonight and one went terribly against the boros player with all the swords/jitte, pillowfort protections, and repeat combat phases with double strike.

The second game, however, I beat him soundly + the Meren player because the white removal was used on Meren before I started putting things out. I realized that I accidentally had an infinite experience counter combo with Ezuri + Deadeye + Cloud of Faeries. And made my creatures into 1-hit killers. There wasn't an automatic win though, until I managed to draw some unblockable evasion cards as they could otherwise generate endless chump blocks. So we didn't feel like it was too dirty.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuris-rogues-gallery/
>>
File: decks.png (1015 KB, 1362x383) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1015 KB, 1362x383
>>44634838
I still havent found *my* deck
>>
>>44638454
Probably because literally everyone of your decks is the most obvious, most boring choice for that commander.
>>
File: EDH.jpg (88 KB, 448x586) Image search: [Google]
EDH.jpg
88 KB, 448x586
>>44634838
Thinking of making the Nahiri deck some weird eldrazi equipment deck. Matter Reshaper, Eldrazi Displacer, Thought-Knot Seer, and Reality Smasher seem like really good fits for strapping them with equipment. Stone Haven Outfitter is exactly what the deck needed when it came to a lord ability.

Hoping to try and one day convert Meren into stax but right now she's kind of just pooping out tokens and those tokens getting sacked or devoured.
>>
>>44638454
You're playing some very popular commanders. Either make an unpopular commander your own or take a popular one and flip it's strategy on it's head. Either can be fulfilling, I myself enjoy both my Melek deck and my Roon Group Hug deck. Challenge yourself.
>>
>>44638467
>>44638622
Im in the process of converting sharuum to sydri, though she just feels like a slower sharuum that doesnt always have access to sharuum.
>>
>Phyrexian Tower is suddenly a $28 card

I'm gonna take all the money I got from "mtg finance", buy a gun, and find every person that's ever helped to orchestrate a buyout, I swear to god. So tired of this shit.

>Spellskite is $40 now
Fucking dumb.
>>
>>44625462

I actually just played him today, great fun, with the added bonus of mill AND it exiles the creatures you choose to use, so no graveyard recursion as well. For blue, just use big blue leviathans and skaabs, and combine with your opponents creatures, you can get some pretty hefty creatures surprisingly fast. Then make them unblockable with some enchantments, artifacts, or a Thassa and your golden.
>>
>>44638661
>though she just feels like a slower sharuum that doesnt always have access to sharuum
You're a Spike, anon. If you ever find *your* deck, it's just going to win outright in a way that the only person at the table can enjoy is you. How it wins and how predictable/interactive the process will be completely irrelevant to you.
>>
>>44638703

modern season coming up. time to cash out son
>>
File: EDH all work in progress btw.png (6 MB, 3336x1092) Image search: [Google]
EDH all work in progress btw.png
6 MB, 3336x1092
Narset: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-11-15-narset-commander/ It's modified slightly from another list.

Ashling: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ashling-monored-through-the-fire-and-flames/ Made this up a few hours ago, suggestions are welcome.

Jori En: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jori-en-diving-it-deep/ Very expensive and integrated some of the ideas earlier discussed in this thread.

Saffi: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/just-stay-dead-1/ Not mine, seemed sweet.
>>
>>44638738
I've already cashed out of Modern. I dismantled my Scapeshift deck today and sold all of it after Scapeshift hit $40.
>>
>>44638757
>Saffi is a bitch who runs away from things and whose most famous quote is her last words
>alter depicts her riding into battle on a bear
>>
>>44638722
Sharuum already plays like that, draw/tutor for combo piece and mill/exile/damage table to combo out.

Krenko at least generates board presence and swings or pings.

"Battle-cruiser" edh just feels like the decks are constrained and held back.

Maybe ill work sharuum to the engine build or go with sydri to get more synergy instead of just trying to combo out as fast as possible

>>44638738
>>44638771
I've only got ad nauseam and affinity, though affinity is in pieces and ad naus is the most fun modern deck ive piloted. Is it worth selling anything off from them?
>>
>>44638703
>I'm gonna take all the money I got from "mtg finance", buy a gun, and find every person that's ever helped to orchestrate a buyout
Do it, anon, become the hero MTG deserves. The kikes deserve whatever horrible violence comes their way.
>>
>>44638782
That might be a failure in flavor, however upon a closer inspection it's a badger or a red panda type thing, not a bear. Though she is a 2/2.
>>
>>44636220
Being a mythic from conspiracy probably doesnt help
>>
>>44638454
None of those decks are actually good at expressing yourself. All they have in common is that they are tier 1.
Here. Think of the first deck you ever built in magic. I don't care how jank it is. Do you remember it? What did you build and why?
>>
>>44640454

>expressing yourself

Oh, come on now.
>>
Is Deathbringer Regent a good choice for Meren?
I feel like I need some boardwipes to go against decks that go wide. Already included Archfiend of Depravity
>>
>>44640632
Holy shit. I forgot. I gotta make an anefenza mill deck. I usually make a deck based on any janky shit I've ever seen, but I forgot my mono white mill deck I made. shig.

Anyways, yeah. How do you like to play? Big stompy, reanimate, tribal, are all different ways to make yourself unique to the next guy. What makes you have more fun? Reanimating griseldaddy on turn 2 or just bolting the shit out of someone while countering their shit. I always liked finding new ways to change the game for myself and explored plenty on different avenues for magic.

>>44640657
Nah mang. You do not need more than one field wipe. I usually keep just one crux of fate which i usually only cast immediately after Meren hits the dust. For almost all other times you should be able to outvalue your opponents.
>>
>no Gratuitous Violence or Aggravated Assault reprint in RW 2015 precon

But why
>>
>>44641064
Can't have inferior colours challenging the green goodstuff throne.
>>
>>44641064
They're not that expensive, just buy them
>>
>>44640703
Perhaps the reason you like finding new ways to play the game is that you don't know how to play it to its fullest extent yet. You're still in that naive stage where there are still things to learn. Most of us are beyond that.
>>
File: surprised-baby.jpg (65 KB, 438x556) Image search: [Google]
surprised-baby.jpg
65 KB, 438x556
>>44640703
>You do not need more than one field wipe
>>
>>44641202
uh, no. I've been playing for years and have played and played against attrition, infect, burn, memerange, hard control, locks, aggro, tokens, and have played stasis, stax, and mill. I would consider myself an accomplished player by early 2014.
You are so sure that you know it all, but how can you know what you don't know. I look for more so I find more. Can you find what you aren't looking for, simply by sitting in a rut and playing the same game over and over again.
>>
>>44641244
The meren plays you can always OUTVALUE your opponents. You don't need to wipe the field except in extreme circumstances. I can renanimate hornet queen three times in a turn. Do you think I really need to wipe field after that?
>>
>>44641277
Oh I'm a dip, didn't realize you were playing Meren

Keep on truckin mane
>>
>>44641254
I'm looking to improve my decks constantly. Improvement is measured by win rate. If you aren't trying to win, you may as well be goldfishing. My decks don't sit in a rut, I'm constantly looking to improve them, I just don't use gimmicks in them.

>how can you know what you don't know
I'm literally replying to Jaden Smith.

And if you're wondering, the deck I've put most work into and has the best success rate at my LGS is my hard-control-with-combo-win-conditions Nin the Pain Artist.
>>
File: 1426803888048.jpg (49 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1426803888048.jpg
49 KB, 396x396
>>44641292
I only keep one field wipe in Meren and Alesha, because it costs me too much to recast and get my tempo back if I forcibly wipe the field. In any other deck yeah I'll keep two or three, unless it's a control build that doesn't really need my commander which is a rare case.

>>44641319
>"Oh boy guys, I'm doing it again"
>"Yipee I won"
>"Hey guys, I won again. Yeah just like i did for the past three months."
>"Can't wait for the new set. It might change something"
Exhilarating
>>
>>44641359
You missed the 12 turns I spent building up card advantage while protecting myself both politically and through spells. I said I played control, not combo. That you reacted in the way you did just convinces me that you really are a shitter.
>>
>>44641388
>W-why are you guys attacking me, I have nothing on the board
>Gu-guys stop it. It's really not fair
>S-seriously guys, I'm not even doing anything
>Oh turn 12 has come around? Mana short, Timestretch win
alright guy
>>
>>44641417
Ouch, you hit that strawman so hard his kids will be feeling it.
>>
>>44641359
There's a difference between using a combo kill and being a dedicated combo deck you ingrate. What other way does a U/R control deck have to decisively close out the game? Commander Damage with Nin, I don't think so. Swing with all those blue beatstick creatures? Nope. Combo just happens to be the easiest way to end a multiplayer game.
>>
File: 1437009857768.jpg (79 KB, 608x576) Image search: [Google]
1437009857768.jpg
79 KB, 608x576
>>44641447
>Combo just happens to be the easiest way to end a multiplayer game
So shortsighted you never bothered to try anything else.
>>
>>44641486
>waaaah, combo is so uncreative.
To each their own, I'm not going to demean you for turning creatures sideways to win. If you don't enjoy combo then run cards that can interact with it.
>>
>>44641486
It really is. I mean really what else other than going triumph of the hoarde on a dozen unblockables is as good?
>>
Judge my only elemental deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/funementals-1/
>>
>>44641277
How the hell do you reanimate something that much? I'm still building my Meren and the only recursion I have besides her is Dread Return and Victimize.
>>
>>44641639
Needs more Smokebraider.
>>
>>44641388
>You missed the 12 turns I spent building up card advantage while protecting myself both politically and through spells
You mean the part where you played out a blue deck and thought you were doing something? It's like green playing a 13 mana sorcery that says "you win and nothing can stop you" and then bragging about how he ramped to it.
>>
>>44641654
did not know that card existed
cheers ma boi
>>
>>44641654
>>44641678
Another powerhouse in EDH is Stigma Lasher.
Whenever I build a deck like that the first thing I do is go on Magiccards.info and put "Elemental" in the rules text and look at every card which effects them, try it.
>>
>>44641572
but I do. I dislike combo so I build a couple safety measures for it and focus the combo player

>>44641650
Dread Return
Flashback Dread Return
Meren
And Also happen to have the whip.

It was a desperate hour.

>>44641627
That's the real question isn't it? I've seen a guy with a mizzix go in and win with commander damage. I've seen a girl Fireball kill other for 120 damage to three other guys. I've seen a guy switch life totals with others while he was at zero with phyrexian unlife on the field
>>
>>44641627
Playing all the extra turn cards in red, exiling their triggers with Sundial at EOT and smashing everyone's face in
>>
>>44638661
>Im in the process of converting sharuum to sydri, though she just feels like a slower sharuum
Because she is much slow. Just stick with Sharuum. She is just too much value for any artifact deck.
>>
>>44625462
At least illusionist's bracers and maybe rings. Copy effects for activated abilities
>>
I have:

Fairly well tuned Karador list.

Heliod token enchants.

Considering buying zirilan dragon toolbox, anyone used zirilan?
>>
File: 1452226655942.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1452226655942.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>44641572
>To each their own, I'm not going to demean you for turning creatures sideways to win. If you don't enjoy combo then run cards that can interact with it.
>>
>>44641866
>zirilan
I've seen someone play it. It's pretty fragile, but if the wind blows in your direction you could have a pretty good run
>>
>>44636179

Choose from any number of degenerate combos available in the colours and slap the 'griff on top as commander.
You can pretend to be group hug the first time, but it won't work after that.
>>
>>44641656
What is more fun for the whole group?

Focusing down a single player as early as you can because you know he will drag out the game for you and even kill you, or
Waiting and building for the perfect ending where noone can stop you and you just combo out like a madman into a win.
>>
I have a Sasaya
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sasaya-orochi-ascendant-4/
Where I am trying to benefit everyone and let them play cards until I win with some ridiculous amount of mana and tokens or lands.
And a Mayael
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mayael-midrange-dragons-included/
Which needs more DRAGONS.
Both decks I feel are winning way too often and I wonder how they can be stopped more effectively so I can help my group have a smarter approach to EDH.

Are these what you could consider 75% decks or should I change things up?

P.S.
An example of the powerlevel of the decks these two go up against:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-01-16-ghave-guru-of-spores/
>>
>>44642185
Why no Balefire Dragon?
>>
>>44624483
buy it for a dollar and cascade it for funsies
>>
>>44642235
Thanks for the suggestion. It's in a BR God deck that's on its way to turning into a Gisa, so I really should add it.
>>
File: my edh.png (1022 KB, 1129x622) Image search: [Google]
my edh.png
1022 KB, 1129x622
call me garbage but i have fun
>>
File: SFT017+-+Cover+(500)[1].jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SFT017+-+Cover+(500)[1].jpg
63 KB, 500x500
Hello /tg/ I just finished adding the last cards to my Lazav EDH deck. It's mostly mill and stealing stuff from my opponent.

I'm bad at magic so can someone please help me out? Are there any cards here that are not good for the deck? What other cards should I include?

http://deckstats.net/deck-8777176-2dbffdf0bc0aeb15f17089b915e6f834.html

I think you'll be able to see the deck with this link.
>>
>>44642312
I'm also noticing that you don't have haste enablers besides Fervor. You might want to consider Urabrask the Hidden or
Xenagos, God of Revels, seeing how your deck really wants to turn sideways.
Things I'm not a fan of:
Dromoka, the Eternal
Serra Avatar
Day of Judgment (should be Wrath of God, but I'm picky)

Things I like:
Giant Adephage
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Scourge of the Throne
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Spellbreaker Behemoth
Void Winnower
>>
File: 1419800108316.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1419800108316.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>44638757
>only plays waifu decks
>>
>>44641866
Just built Zirilan and he's surprisingly good. You gotta ramp hard to 6-8 mana but then you're golden

>Hellkite Tyrant says target blue player loses the game
>Worldgorger counter wraths
>Utvara Hellkite + Spawn of Thraxes for too much damage
>Dragon Mage and Knollspine draw all the cards
>Tel-Jilad stylus, Sun-Dial of the Infinite let you recycle your tools
>tutor for them with Hoarding Dragon
>Bogardon Hellkite spot removal
>Hoard Smelter for artifact removal
>Balefire and Ryusei say "fuck you tokens"
>>
>>44642726
Ashling waifu?
i know flamekin don't burn hot unless they choose to but damn that seems a little dangerous based on her personality
>>
>>44638757
>Narset: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-11-15-narset-commander/ It's modified slightly from another list.
I'm not sure about Epic Experiment, Bolt, Mulldrifter, and Warleader's Helix. How is Soulfire Grandmaster working for you?
>>
>>44643086
>give spells buyback
gee iunno how that could possibly work out in a singleton format that rewards technical play
>>
>>44624359
A player who ran a white control deck with avacyn at the helm got so upset when people would attack him before he got his general out.
>>
File: 1452018777059.jpg (9 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1452018777059.jpg
9 KB, 255x247
>>44623998
>-2 for an infinite combo
You have to deal with that too? Really getting sick of the anti combo crusade. I can't even go to my LCS and use Ventmaw+Aggravated Assault without groaning and bitching.

>highest penalty is for killing someone before turn 5
For fucks sake...
>>
>>44642445

p-please respond
>>
Thoughts on meren as a card in, any creature based deck? Thinking of adding it into my counter based Anefenza foremost deck just becuase its so good.
>>
>>44643175
>Ventmaw+Aggravated Assault
>infinite combat unless someone can remove a creature or enchantment
Pretty Fucking degenerate bro
>>
>>44643345
Not him but in my Aurelia deck I run something like that. swords of feast+agg assault. Its really easy to break, just like that guys combo. Just remove one of 3 things: A artifict, a enchantment or a creature, which in multiplayer its bound to happen. I only ever got it off once and I have no idea how anyone, in a 6 or 7man pod didt have any removal by turn 5 or 6
>>
File: 1416532950469.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1416532950469.gif
407 KB, 250x250
Why do so many players not understand the concept of "If I make myself a target, people are going to focus me."

>playing in a 4 person game
>one guy is using Roon
>spends the first 3 turns mana ramping
>turn 4 is able to hard cast Boundless Realms and is sitting on 14 mana
>passes to me and I play Armageddon
>asks me if I'm seriously going to nuke our mana bases
>tell him yes, he was getting too far ahead
>rage quits and throws his cards across the table

I know MLD is frowned upon, but who in my place would let the UGX player rocket that far out in front?
>>
File: 1409020416219.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1409020416219.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>44642726
>not playing waifu decks
>>
>>44643345
what is fog
what is darkness
what is safe passage
what is riot control
what is aether spouts
what is illusionist's gambit
what is clinging mist

There are plenty of instants for one turn damage prevention.
>>
>>44643345
Too bad there's no cheap instant speed creature or enchantment removal in the game. Oh well, maybe someday.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.