[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a manager at a Local Game Shop anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 9
Ask a manager at a Local Game Shop anything.
>>
>>44616658
How soul-crushing is it?
>>
>>44616658
Does it smell?
>>
>>44616681
To tell you the truth it's pretty terrible. It's sad to see new players get crushed by neckbeards that spend all their money on this game. It's sad to see kids have to leave because of our loud, toilet mouth customers, and the smell in the rooms during FNM. DEAR GOD THE SMELL.
>>
>>44616658
Do you hate your hobby yet?
>>
>>44616722
Have you hung up car air fresheners around the place?
>>
>>44616724
I still thoroughly enjoy Magic, Yugioh, Force of Will, and Dungeons and Dragons. The problem is that since I work there and function as the 'judge' at the shop (though im only a rules advisor) I never really get to play magic much. The Yugioh players are all insufferable so i mainly stick to Devpro, and the force of will players are all either under 18 or obnoxious as hell.

>>44616751
We hang them in the vents. It doesn't help. Also no one cleans up after themselves so I'm always picking up sodas and fast food bags at the end of the day.
>>
What kind of profit margin do you aim for on various products and is it enough?

Do you use wholesalers and have you found any particularly good ones? Bad ones?
>>
>>44616658
Any banned people, or good old cringeworthy stories?
>>
>>44616722
Fuck the children
My LGS is ruined by a bunch of loudmouth, know-it-all rich kids, whose parents dump them there so they dont have to deal with them
Pre-releases are nightmarish
>>
>>44616779
>No one cleans up after themselves
That is just outright rude.
>>
>>44616779
Just stop selling force and yugioh
those sucks will leave and maybe youll get better magic players who were avoiding those tards
yugioh kids dont have money anyways
>>
>>44616784
We mainly go through Peach State Hobby Distribution but we aim to have a profit margin of about 20%. It sometimes doesn't feel like enough but this is the owner's pet project so he doesn't mind.

We havent really gone through anyone besides PHD but we're probably going to switch it up soon since they're not an official distributor of Force of Will and that shit sells.

>>44616789
Okay so we have a really good ban story.

It started about 3 months ago when this girl came in with her boyfriend. Mind you they were probably once of the most repulsive couples you could ever imagine. She constantly spouted weeb shit all the time. Her and her boyfriend would always make jokes about 'raping little black children' in the store. Now I know this is 4chan and y'all probably don't care BUT the thing about this is that a good portion of our clientele are black. So this of course set a few people off. The tipping point leading to their banning was when she called a black person the N word (with the hard R) after losing a game. She said 'no wonder you beat me your kind doesnt have jobs so you can just play this game all day.'. Needless to say she got banned.

Another one is where we had this guy who wanted to pick up a scalding tarn. He came in over 2 hours later than the time he said he would be in and we told him that if he wasn't in by the agree'd upon time we would sell it to the next buyer in line. He came in and he was pissed, yelled 'fuck the store, fuck you, you can suck my dick' then ranted on facebook about it later.

that's just a few of them
>>
>>44616658
Are arguments between patrons and/or staff common?
>>
>>44616952
Not usually. We aim to keep a very professional but inviting atmosphere. We aim to keep our interactions with the customers friendly. I have had to get in an argument with a customer once or twice to tell them to leave the store, mostly because the patrons were really drunk.
>>
>>44616950
Are you located in Georgia? If so, what part?
>>
>>44617085
No we're located in Louisiana, central to be exact.
>>
How many fights have you seen break out over rulings?
>>
>>44617130
I haven't seen fights break out over rulings, just aggressive language. The funniest one I saw was during a Legacy tournament a D&T player thought he could aether vial in a Flickerwisp to stop Elesh Norn from wiping his board.
>>
>>44616779
>no one cleans up after themselves
enforce a food and drink ban until the slobs get their act together, that's what my shop did
>>
>>44616658
Do you own the store or just manage it?

Does your job make it any easier for you to get the cards you want?, As in, can you for example grab a booster pack, get a discount or can get your hands on the sweetest promotional material.

A clerk friend of mine gave me a foil Blight Herder from the prerelease event, which was great. He is great.
>>
What percentage of your customers are obese?
>>
>>44617184
the thing is we sell drinks and snacks in the store to encourage people to stay longer, so that won't really work, though I've thought about it believe me.

>>44617194
I just manage.
In a sense. I get first dibs but I try not to snipe high dollar cards out from under our customers. I do get all the <1 commons/uncommons I want for free though. As for promotional material, if we don't end up giving it all out, I might take one or two unless they're valuable, then I use them as additional promos for events to encourage a higher attendance. We had a bunch of extra serum visions for some reason and those brought people in.
>>
>>44617252
I'd say about 25-30%, depending on how obese were talking here. I'd say about 20% of our patrons are literal spheres, while about 10% are fat but not like, that fat. Most of our customers are either average or very thin
>>
>>44617298
Which body type is more rude on average?
>>
>>44617362
umm it's usually the Fat ones, but they're rude in different ways.

We have one that has a disgusting smell, is loud, and refuses to quiet down when I ask him.

We have one that's got this terrible attitude, thinks he's the best at everything and feels super entitled. Usually leaves his food papers around.

The rest of them are like, somewhere inbetween them, and same with their girlfriends they bring to the shop with them.
>>
>>44617253
Hah, I see.

Honestly, I'd love getting some free cards, even if its the worse ones. The thing I like the most about the game is collecting the cards after all.

I'm such a tool for spending so much when I could just buy my desired cards of the net, but everytime I unwrap a booster pack it feels like a mini christmas in my hands. Honestly not getting them would take away quite a bit of my enjoyment.

What do you enjoy about magic the most?, Collecting?, The fluff?, Playing?
>>
>>44617488
Pd: If I owned a store I'd totally steal boosters from myself. Till I oppened one with Newlamog anyways. It's the one I'm chasing after, I like it so much better than Ulamold in every single aspect.
>>
If you have an upstairs, consider moving the playing area there, as neckbeards despise stairs.
>>
>>44617298
>30% of customers are obese
>Meanwhile I've yet to see one single OVERWEIGHT person at my store.
Europe numbah one.

Shit's full of ponyfuckers tho.
>>
>>44617488
I love opening boosters too. I don't get to do it much but it's always a rush.

I really enjoy the Fluff. I'm the resident vorthos in the community. I enjoy playing as well but I'm not much of a competitive player i don't like the atmosphere it just feels too tense for a card game.

I have a question for the thread.

What is your favorite
>Color
>Dual Color combo
>Tri-Color combo
>card
>planeswalker

>>44617588
We don't have an upstairs unfortunately.

>>44617591
A lot of our skinny customers are pony fuckers or turbo weebs. It's actual hell.
>>
Tell me about That Guy you wish you could ban, but he hasn't necessarily done anything ban worthy.
>>
Do you have Battletoads?
>>
You kinda sound like the owner of the LGS I judge at. You're not him because I'm living in Europoor.

But anyway, anon, this is just a heads up. People like you are the reason some people can have a little happiness in life - even if it just means winning a game of magical cards when their real lives sometimes haven't been very nice to them. Even though our players aren't as obnoxious as ours, I know that some of them have very little friends outside of FNM. That's why, as a judge, I try my best to make everyone have an awesome time whenever we play games in our shop.
>>
>>44617615
I have one guy that I wish I could ban. He's our most disgusting customer but he's a big spender. He does rip people off in trades super bad but I can't ban him for that alone. I wish he wasn't in the community.

>>44617629
:^)
>>
Any chicks try to fuck you for early access to cards?
>>
>>44617646
Thanks man! I try my best to keep a calm, cool environment.

Any tips for becoming a level 1?
>>
How much do you make?
>>
>>44617682
Since you're a rules advisor I guess you're already comfortable with the rules, right? I suggest you read the Magic Tournament Rules and a cute thing called the "Judging at Regular Rules Enforcement Level" (JAR). Then find some L2 or L3 who will certify you. You can also ask your local judge coordinator for help.
>>
>>44617678
not really. Most of the girls that come here just come with their boyfriend. The male clientele don't really broadcast an inviting tone for people of the opposite sex.

>>44617700
I make about a dollar over minimum wage, the pay being more whenever it's a midnight event. On top of that I get a free meal from the local sandwich place and unlimited snacks from our store's stock.
>>
Whats something you don't want your customers to know?
>>
How tough is the job. Like compared to other jobs you've had.
>>
Have you ever tried anything that would get the That Guys to leave or at least clean up their act? Some sort of rules on store behavior? I know that my FLGS strongly discourages swearing out loud. Which probably roots out a few insufferable folk.
>>
>>44617821
I don't want my customers to know that I browse 4chan regularly lmao
>>
>>44617869
I meant about the store. Insider secrets you know
>>
>>44617867
The job has the least amount of physical strain compared to my other jobs (painter and water slide delivery/set up) but the people are much worse to deal with.

>>44617868
We've tried to, but they always laughed at it and screamed it anyway. I eventually compromised and told them if a kid is in the store no cursing but other than that it's free game. As for the garbage thing the people that don't clean up have been confronted and refuse to pick up their shit. The problem is the owner doesnt want our LGS to have this whole 'ban you at the drop of a hat' vibe to it.

>>44617895
Umm, I guess the biggest thing i dont want them to know is that our owner buys collection but hoards the cards. I have to yell at him to get it in the store so we can sell it half the time. It was hard as piss trying to get him to give up Origins Jaces that he got off of a collection. He doesn't even play much he just has a thing with making 'complete sets' which he never finishes. We lost out on the price spike of Snapcasters this way because of that. He didn't give them to us until they dropped to 60 USD from their high 100 USD price.
>>
Have you thought about establishing an oder policy?
If you smell like shit, get out
Or acting as a trading advisor to make sure that That Guy doesn't rip people off?
>>
>>44617977
Here's a trick you can use: Only give out the FNM promos AFTER most of the shit has been cleaned up.
>>
>>44617988
We can't really enforce that too well because it goes against my boss's wishes. I usually try to oversee trades when I think about it. I watched a guy get Omnisciencex2, Sheoldred, and other decent cards for a handful of common/uncommon counterspells and a dragonlord kolaghan.
>>
>>44617614
I really love the fluff too, what do you think of the latest plot developments in Oath of the Gatewatch?, Any particular direction you'd like to see the plot moving in?

Also yeah, lots of weeaboos that ain't old enough to even shave walking around with their vidya / animu black t-shirts and all sort of merchandising.

Not that I don't love me sum vidya, animu & the like, but that's just posing. Kids walk around all "oh look at me I'm such a hardcore neerd" when they be just casuals. I think its the reason why I get along with the staff so well, because I look and behave like a normal person would even though my power level easily is five times theirs.

Finally, to answer your questions:
>Color
Green
>Dual Color Combo
U/R
>Triple Color Combo
Abzan
>Card
Hard to say. I really fancy the art of Shepherd of Emeria but my gavorite might be Sosuke, Son of Seshiro / Inugami, Aspect of Life/Death because I started with Kamigawa as a kid and those two were the legendaries of my first two decks, which, of course, I combined.
>Planeswalker
I fancy Ob, Gideon, Ajani and Sarkhan. The latter's probably my favorite.

Now its your turn to tell us your preferences.
>>
is it fun?
>>
>>44618033
I worked at a summer program for kids and teens who are shits
I liked to watch over the kids who played yu gI oh
Saw an older kid trade all 3 Egyptian god cards for some shitty robot scar crow
Said it wad for sentimenal reason.
>>
>>44618068
Umm I hope the plot takes this whole 'the threat is only subdued for the time being' and like, the eldrazi menace occasionally appears briefly in other sets. ((I'd love to see them in Ravnica to be honest, I love big dumb monsters in cities))

>Color
Blue
>dual color
Rakdos or Simic
>Triple Color
RUG or Mardu
>Card
I'm a huge dork for Reassembling Skeleton because it's such a good card in attrition and it's mechanics illustrate the flavor the card well
>Planeswalker
Kiora's my definite favorite, but Tibalt is a close second.

>>44618080
I enjoy quite a few of the clientele and the game itself, but it's like working a food chain you like. It just kinda always leaves a bad taste in your mouth afterwards. It is fun to kinda be a dork about magic and it be okay in my job setting though.

>>44618093
Jeez.
>>
How much money does the store make a day? What's the biggest seller?
>>
>>44618257
Our usual quota is around 250 a day, not including snack items.

Our big sellers at the moment are Battle for Zendikar packs and the newest set of Force of Will. We usually sell singles too but with the mid-set slump it's kinda hard to get people to buy things when there's no change in the standard/modern meta. although all these B/x eldrazi decks look sweet
>>
>>44618366
250 in sales or profit? Because 250 seems like it would be impossible to live off of.
>>
>>44618544
250 off of sales. The store basically runs to keep itself afloat and pay the employees. It's more of a pet project by the owner than a means of income for him.
>>
>>44616658
What is the size of your average FNM?
My LCS gets a bit under 20.
>>
>>44617614
>Color
Black
>Dual color combo
Orzhov
>Tri-color combo
Probably Abzan or Grixis
>Card
Chainer, Dementia Master. First legendary I got and he's just neat. Love me some nightmares and I love his ability. Teysa, Orzhov Scion a close contender though.
>Planeswalker
Ashiok because nightmares and I wanna see what kind of fuckery Ashy Larry will be up to.
>>
>>44618617
Usually around 12-16 depending on the format. Our legacy FNMs used to get 20+ before a lot of the players moved due to military reasons
>>
File: WimpLo.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
WimpLo.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>44616658
Stream this film, if you're so great!
>>
>>44617614
>Colour
U
>Dual Colour
U/R
>Tri Colour
U/W/B
>Card
Master Transmuter
>Planeswalker
I don't like the card type and most of the characters feel cliche to me, so I'll say Karn.
>>
>>44616658

Story time mother fucker. What was the single worst argument/altercation between two patrons that you have witnessed? Did it get to the point that you had to take action?
>>
>>44617614

Color: White
Dual Color: Even tie between Boros and Orzhov
Tri-Color: Mardu
Card: Wrath of God
Planeswalker: Urza Or if a planeswalker with an actual planewalker card is needed: Elspeth
>>
>>44618916
Okay so the worst altercation that ever happened at the shop was between another employee and a regular. They started arguing about commander, whether it was a shit format or not. They eventually got to the point where they were making personal jabs at each other basedo n their lives and shit. It almost turned into a fist fight before I told the customer to leave and told the employee that he cant do shit like that or else I will have to fire him.

Another altercation, this one between two patrons, was over a ruling, where i literally saw one of them pick up the other one and try to choke him out. it was really bad. They both got suspended from the store for two weeks.
>>
>>44619166

Which person held which opinion? And how did it start?
>>
>>44619166
Hearing stuff like this makes me really not want to go to game stores. I've never been a regular but this seems like it would be a good reason not to go.
>>
File: buried.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
buried.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44617614
>Color
White. I just really like cards like Bladehold and Brimaz. Elesh Norn was also my first legendary so that really had an impact
>Dual Color combo
Really liking Black Green right now through the 2015 Commander product. It reminds me of when I played dragons in yugioh before they banned future fusion
>Tri-Color combo
Tri color straight up intimidates me but Bant and Esper are cool. Temur too.
>card
Hero of Bladehold or Elesh Norn probably. I dunno. Meren is pretty darn rad.
>planeswalker
I really like the white walkers. Elspeth and Ajani being pals is cool. It would be neat to see Gideon interact with at least Ajani. He and Elspeth would have probably got shit fucking done. I'm hoping Nahiri stays monowhite.

Sarkhan seems pretty interesting from a tragic perspective. It's interesting to see how two of the four walkers that went to fight Bolas in Alara ended up becoming pawns for him.
>>
>>44618366

different anon, but is that all cards/accessories? has the owner considered or have the room to diversify inventory? how big is your play space?
>>
>>44617614
Thoughts on the Eldrazi being killed off for real by a really big burn spell?
>>
>>44619576
Kinda feels like a flavor wombo nonbo but the fact that they're explaining it with hedrons and shit makes it a little more bearable.

>>44619541
Our playspace is moderately sized, probably about what a large living room would be. And yes we basically sell only cards and accessories. We have some anime in stock but it never sells because who buys anime anymore?
>>
>>44619410
These are rare occasions that don't really define the shop. I've only experienced violent altercations once or twice.

By the way, my boss told me this story about how, before he became big, he had to ban Tom Ross out of his store for being rude and intoxicated on the premises.
>>
>>44616658
How do you deal with theft, as I'm sure it happens a lot
>>
File: nicolbolas.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
nicolbolas.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44617614
>Color
Black
It is a known quality about me that I always play black in any situation, even limited. Almost every deck I play has black in it, and if not black then red

>Dual Color combo
I find B/R to be the most fun, but U/B is still the better combo

>Tri-Color combo
U/B/R, rather obviously

>card
>planeswalker
Pic related

Might as well read
+3: Fuck your shit
-2: Take your shit
-9: Fuck your world

There was nothing more satisfying than dropping a Cruel Ultimatum and then slamming this guy on the table the next turn in standard
>>
>>44619666

Not him but I was a manager once myself at a retail store. Problem with theft is there isn't much you can do. If shrinkage happens, you report it. If you see someone pocket something you can go and talk to them, but in most stores (I don't know about OP's store) it's generally a no-no to outright accuse them. And if someone grabs something and books it, you're also usually not supposed to chase them down, because it's asinine to try to get into a fight with someone over a handful of clothes/wizard poker cards.

But I worked for a high-profile clothing chain. OP's store sounds like it's a small business, so it might have different rules for that.
>>
>>44619666
you would know, satan!
... seriously though I'm curious too. cameras are fairly cheap but not much use until after the fact, I'm not sure how much of a deterrent they are overall.
>>
>color
Blue
>dual
Simic
>triple
Sultai
>card
Mindslaver because it is hilarious
>planes walker
Nissa

How do you feel about all these buyouts?
>>
>>44617614
>Color
Black. Best Mono-Color.
>Dual Color combo
Boros, hands down. I'm more inclined to play a more control-based Boros deck.
>Tri-Color combo
Mardu or Bant. Abzan if we're talking favorite settings.
>card
Top 3: Dominus of Fealty, Sunforger, and Horrible Hordes
>planeswalker
Venser died as he was conceived: badass and useful.
>>
>>44619718
I worked for a corporate chain with the same policies. Our main deterrent was engaging customers on the floor frequently.
>>
>>44619750
I'm bringing it up because of some drama going on at my lgs. Essentially the lss of it is that it's a new store opened by a bro, because for years the only lgs in the area was complete shit. For the first month it was just us (his extended friends) playing there regularly to support the business. Things were chill, and we'll organised and he got by. Then somehow the store exploded over the last 8 months and now we have around 70 pwople come by every week for fnm. Last week owner bro had someone break into the back of the store during an event and steel 4000+ dollars worth of expeditions. He didn't take it well, and is basically making up a bunch of rules to stop theft/ start a witch hunt. Just wanted to see how someone else would handle that.
>>
>>44619666
We have security cameras set around different areas around the store. We had a problem before where someone had their cards stolen out of their car. If we catch someone we usually ban them from the store.
>>
>>44617614
>Color
Green. I'm a Timmy at heart, and putting big scary creatures into play is my guilty pleasure.
>U/G
Because I love Simic and its gameplay, and Kruphix might be one of my favorite card.
>Tri-Color
Loving R/U/G and B/U/G because of sweet interactions and Commander.
>Card
Might be Kruphix, God of Horizons, not sure.
>PW
I don't really like them, but if I had to pick one: Ral Zarek.
>>
>>44619844

Yeah, the loss prevention video I had to show to new hires said the same thing. It's all part of saving face; those big corporate chains don't want to get a reputation for employees getting into altercations with suspected shoplifters.

I always thought it was kind of spineless, though admittedly pragmatic. It reduces negative exposure for the company, and while I absolutely despise theft I've never relished the idea of chasing someone down over a stolen halter top.
>>
>>44619673
This is a pretty edgy post anon
>>
>>44617114
This explains alot.
>>
>>44616779

>Also no one cleans up after themselves
>>
>>44616832

LGS assistant here

I like Magic, but Force of Will got pretty popular in my LGS and like YGO, that shit sells a lot, so I have to buy products from those games. Fortunately, the FoW players are polite and new players even magic players are getting into it (maybe because of return to zendikar block, noone is excited for T2 anymore :- / ). Dunno why, but YGO players in my LGS are fucking unpolite (they keep yelling and they turn on thier mp3 players with the fucking battle theme.

Got atm 4 YGO players banned from my LGS.
>>
>>44620188
What did the yugioh players do to get banned? I dunno why but I assume for stealing automatically.
>>
>>44620531

One for stealing cards, one for selling fake cards to newbies and the other two for being disrespectul dicks twice.
>>
>>44620188
>YGO players in my LGS are fucking unpolite
As a yugioh judge who's been across the country judging, I can honestly say that is literally every ygo player everywhere. I couldn't tell you why, other than it brings out the autism in people for some reason.
>>
>>44617298
>25-30% are obese
>20% are literal spheres
I feel you are being very lax with what you define as obese
>>
>>44620813
What? The math works out. That's leaving behind 5-10% of people as being just regular <300lb overweight. Spherical humanoids exist and they're much more common than you'd think in America.
>>
>>44620188

How popular Force of Will is getting inyour store?

At my LGS it is already getting popular that there is a dedicated day for a small tournament (12-16 ppl).

Friends that plays magic are also starting to play it (I dont like it since most of their art is just for weebs). What is it making popular? The magic-like mechanics fused with the old wow tcg so it becomes familiar for experienced players? the art and somehow easy to play for newbies? the weeb art?gotta admit its a lil better that yugioh art).

Also people stopped caring about oath of the gatewatch in my LGS. Owner told me there is only 1 pre-inscribed for the pre release (normally there should be 15 pre-inscribed).
>>
>>44616658
What proportion of the store's profit is derived from book RPGs?
>>
>>44624126

Not op, assistant from >>44620188

We stopped getting rpg books from our provider since most clients just download the pdf file and print it.

We still have some books in our shelf like vampire the mascarade and D&D
>>
>>44624282
>We stopped getting rpg books from our provider since most clients just download the pdf file and print it.
Are you shitting me? Nobody was buying books at all? Wow.

Well, I buy my books from Amazon but I still buy some old RPG books from game stores.

I guess we should call them "card stores" nowadays.
>>
>>44617614
Does your store sell the mlp tcg?
I have two flgs nearby, one of them caters to horsefuckers with the cardgame and plushies and shiw while the other one does not.

Never have to deal with them much nowadays
>>
>>44624401
desu, if I'm in a store I'm probably buying modules. I have the rules on pdf but modules, mini's, battlemats, those are the actual physical things I'm going to buy.
>>
>>44617614
>color
Red
>2 color
Red Black
>3 color
Red Black Blue
>card
Goblin Ringleader
>planeswalker
Deathrite shaman or flip jace
>>
>>44624769

Assistant here

Owner dont know much about bronies and thought MLP products would attract some younger to the store.

The result was 30+ y/o wizards buying like 3-4 boxes. When owner asked if it was for their childrens, they just said they liked the franchise andshowed us their t-shirts with a pony.

Since that day, the owner stopped buying mlp stuff and now he consults me when buying new products for the store.
>>
>>44624126
We don't sell many RPG books and mainly keep them to special order.

>>44624769
We do not. We tried to at one point but the game never took off.

Also sorry for leaving the thread hanging I fell asleep last night
>>
>>44625729

Lulz that sound pretty creepy.
>>
>>44625834

Assistant here

Is anyone in yur LGS pre-inscribing for the Oath of the Gatewatch prerelease? What about the number of assistants in you FNMs?

We had a decrease of magic players in the last 6 weeks. Before october we had always 30+ players in our FNM but the number started to decrease and our last FNM in december we were only 7 people (I had to play the tourney so I dont count).
>>
>>44625965
We haven't started pre-enrolling for the oath prerelease. We're going to start that this upcoming monday. I usually do them by myself or with one other helper. We, on average, get about 30-35 for our prerelease events.

Our FNMs have been getting a bit slower, with some nights it not seeming like they're even going to kick off. It's pretty disheartening to be honest.
>>
>>44616658
You suck cock?
>>
>>44617614
>Color
White - I like it from a storyline perspective (makes some great heroes and villains), and I like some of the gameplay themes too.
>Dual Color combo
W/R - Combines what I like best about them.
>Tri-Color combo
Jund'em
>card
Platinum Angel - Fantastic Artwork, kinda unique.
>planeswalker
Chandra - Just burn it.
>>
>>44626086
You know it
>>
>>44618030
Underrated post.
>>
Former game store "manager" here.

You only stock card games? Anything else on the shelves? Do custom orders? I know peach state does more than just the cards, didn't use them too much though, preferred going through Aladdin.
>>
>>44625729
The game itself is somewhat complicated, having watched a couple games, I don't think it was made for kids in mind.

Though, your boss should be careful, children can kill some gamestores.
>>
>>44616658
Not asking anything, but I manage a game shop in Brazil and the clients used to suck

be a quiet yet fierce guy to them and they'll become more decent, if they leave stuff for you to pick up, make stuff more expensive specially to them, and if the guy is obnoxious, just swiftly tell him he's not at home
be a good guy to kids and their parents as well, you'll keep the good customers and even get some new ones
>>
>>44616658
Do you do anything special for particularly good customers?
>>
>>44616950
Who is your Peach State rep?
>>
>>44626893
>Former game store "manager" here.
Correction: It's "card entertainment professional".

why did people stop using the word clerk anyway?
>>
>>44618669
underrated post
>>
Ever had sex in your store, or caught someone else doing it?
>>
>>44626893
We do custom orders for people if they request it. We pretty much only keep card games updated stock wise, but have some old anime DVDs and Comic Books lying around.

>>44627329
Don't remember the name off the top of my head, mainly because I tell the owner what to order and he orders it.

>>44627906
I once caught another employee having sex in the bathroom. I didnt punish him because it was past closing time and the shop was empty, but I give him shit about it all the time.
>>
>>44616658
Why does my boss insist that eliminating events from the weekly schedule will increase revenue?
>>
>>44616658
You're aware of Dark Dungeons, right?

Its dirt cheap to order. 25 booklets for 4 dollars. If you buy enough, you can get your buisness name printed on them.

If I ran a game shop, I would give out free copies of Dark Dungeon with purchases.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP
>>
>>44617614
Black
Orzhov
Abzan
Dark Confidant
Sorin (Though Ob Nixilis is close)
>>
>>44617614
>Color
Black
>Dual
Gruul
>Tri-Color
Jund
>Card
Chainer, Dementia Master

Literally my first card ever. My cousin dragged me to his LGS when I was like 11 when Torment first released, and after exclaiming how cool he looked and sounded to use (I had a vague idea of the rules from his ranting) when mindlessly looking through the cards he pulled, he gave it to me and bought me a bunch of singles to make a deck with it if I agreed to play with him. Still got it somewhere too, hardcore sentimental shit.
>Planeswalker
Story wise, I always liked Ajani, but card wise probably Sarkhan.
>>
>>44629691
I wasn't aware! Thanks for the info i'll talk to my boss about it.

>>44629676
maybe he's a bit worried about new people getting turned off because of the already cliquish atmosphere? It makes sense but i dont think it's the right way to go.
>>
File: fuck Neckbeards.png (48 KB, 1299x832) Image search: [Google]
fuck Neckbeards.png
48 KB, 1299x832
>>44616779
>Also no one cleans up after themselves
I made this just for you
>>
>>44617614
>>Color
Blue
>>Dual Color combo
Azorius
>>Tri-Color combo
Esper
>>card
Unsummon
>>planeswalker
Jace the Mind Sculptor

I like to win
>>
>>44631374
His reasoning is that having too many concurrent events and too many of one type of event each week divides the player base. I don't agree because plenty of those people come to all of the events.
>>
File: td249_1_di9hgebfkh.jpg (195 KB, 620x885) Image search: [Google]
td249_1_di9hgebfkh.jpg
195 KB, 620x885
>>44617614

>Color
Blue
>U/R
Izzet all the way
>Jund
I miss BBE so much in Modern (probably for the best)
>Mulldrifter
Not much to say about it, it's pretty amazing
>Elspeth
Badass as fuck
>>
>>44632055
Is this the only Autumn-type picture of Bant there is?
>>
>>44617588
you know my lgs is on the second floor up a flight of stairs and the player base is really nice...
>>
File: tumblr_nuqbgc09dw1u9beo8o1_1280.jpg (951 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqbgc09dw1u9beo8o1_1280.jpg
951 KB, 1200x905
>>44617614
>Color
White
>Dual Color combo
Azorius
>Tri-Color combo
America
>card
Blind Obedience
>planeswalker
Kiora, best girl of all girls
>>
>>44632197
Kiora weirds me out. Is her armor her skin?
>>
>>44632293
>Kiora weirds me out
Thats a weird way to say "turns me on"
>>
Have you ever brought a woman to orgasm?
>>
>>44617591
I'm in Sweden and we have, I kid you not, not a single obese person at FNM's and Modern Tuesdays. And we get around 30-70 people per evening.
>>
>>44632197
you have good taste in grills anon.
>>
>>44633956
That's for me to know and you to find out ;)
>>
>>44616658
Will rain tomorrow in my city?
>>
>>44634476
Only a stone rain. Avoid playing red
>>
Is this America? I mean I live in a borderline 3rd world country but some of these scenarios are unthinkable even here.

Plus here it doesn't take shop staff to crack down on absolute retards but the regulars that gank up and tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>44635092
He mentioned that it was Louisiana earlier. The crowd all across this country is pretty shit. Even if you are in well off areas, the overweight sperglords will be replace with annoying teenagers.
>>
>>44616658
Do you shower?

How many, out of 10, customers usually shower?
>>
>>44618669
We trained him wrong on purpose, as a joke.
>>
>>44635757
I shower, a lot of our customers don't.

>>44635092
It's bad trust me. Neckbeards ruin these places
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.