[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pennywise is stalking your party how fucked is he?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: pennywise.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.gif
1 MB, 245x245
Pennywise is stalking your party

how fucked is he?
>>
Everyone huddles around the Paladin's anti-fear aura.
From there, fireballs and arrows until it goes away.
>>
It's funny, because Pennywise actually is stalking our party.
>>
>>44608423
Whats the plan?

>>44608370
Is the anti-fear aura sex powered?
>>
>>44608344

A Pennywise expy stalked our Changeling party once.

It was the fucking worst. He kept laughing at us and stealing friendly NPCs.
>>
>>44608344
>Stalking
>Archmages
It's hard to put exactly into words how fucked he is.
>>
Not exactly the same but we had an evil unhinged yandere jester woman after the rogue. That was pretty weird and spooky.
>>
>>44608930
>Whats the plan?
They don't think it's actually Pennywise, because they're laboring under the false assumption that I wouldn't throw something like that at them.

Ka-mai, all of them.
>>
>>44608344
Rip and tear, of course.
For a being that supposedly can strangle other superbeings with entire galaxies, he's incredibly weaksauce in physical form, so just keep beating him to shit every time he comes back and eventually he'll go looking for an easier meal.
>>
>>44608344
We are played CofD Vampire.
We have a speaker, a stealth guy and another social butterfly.

Now begs the question, can he beat the clash of wills roll to see past our obfuscate?

If yes; break out the lube.

If no jokes on him, no one minds spending the rest of their lives invisible and hiding in corners.
>>
>>44608344
>Pennywise start stalking us in a giant underground base
Shit just got real, and I love it
>>
>>44608344
Party I'm GMing for: They're armed robbers. They get stomped.
Party I'm part of: 10th level conjurer. Might give him a run for his money long enough for the Marshal and Druid to fuck up his day.
>>
File: The Hulk.png (1 MB, 900x1267) Image search: [Google]
The Hulk.png
1 MB, 900x1267
>>44608344
SMASH THE CLOWN!
>>
>>44608344
He's some kind of Daemon right? I'm pretty sure my squad can handle it.
>>
File: 1451600948500.jpg (412 KB, 614x1091) Image search: [Google]
1451600948500.jpg
412 KB, 614x1091
>>44608344
Seeing as an ultradimensional life god is already trying to soulrape and drag the party down into its clutches, I think the sudden competition would just induce cosmic yandere levels of bad shit while the PCs have horrific nightmares. Same as usual.
>>
File: check_em_peasant.jpg (72 KB, 657x557) Image search: [Google]
check_em_peasant.jpg
72 KB, 657x557
>>44608344
He is gonna get fucked really soon if that "strong independent womyn" barbarian doesn't stop being a slut.
>>
>>44608344
We use tactics and technology to disable him and lock him up back at base.
Then the GM gets pissy that we circumvented his encounter.
>>
>>44608344
The weakest guy in my game is likely one I rolled up to see if another guy could handle running if I burnt out, which is a robotic, human sized tree frog that has welders for fists that he uses to perform shoryukens. The biggest and strongest is likely the guy who made a trapspider crossed with a god damn tank. This game has over a dozen PCs, all robots, of every type and with enough firepower to put up a good fight against any army that tried to go up against any of them alone, in a world full of robots like them.
I think Pennywise may choose to pass on this one.
>>
>>44613803
>trapspider tank
I think Pennywise may try to mate with this one.
>>
>>44609487
Are you going to have them gang-bang the lone female in the group?
>>
>>44613803
Can your robots feel fear?
>>
>>44613890
Good luck to him if he tries. That trapspider has mentioned a desire to get a part time job as a school bus, since he'd be the best school bus. No one would ever try shit at that school then, and those kids would always be on time seeing as he can swing across town with ease.

>>44614037
They are sapient, yes. But they are also trained and built to handle potentially world ending threats in the forms of super science and things gone wrong.
>>
>>44608344
Very. He's a decent threat for the first few sessions of a WoD Mortals game if no one takes combat skills.
He's like a five minute sidequest for the Seneschal and Arch-Militant to go on because their cargo cult obscura dealer disappeared.
>>
>>44608344
My entire party is a bunch of hyper magical schoolgirls (due to related stat bonuses).

He is so dead.
>>
>My PC is a literal god of undeath. And a hobo

I think I'll be fine.
>>
What does pennywise do?
I'm unfamiliar with the character.
>>
>>44617248
>not knowing Stephen King's work
>all i feel is disappointment
what the hell is wrong with you? get to reading and watching man!
>>
>>44617248
On the surface, he's a nigh-indestructible clown serial killer. He has some magical abilities, mostly causing hallucinations of some sort or ways to kill you, and can't been seen by people who don't believe he exists(though by the same token, he can't do anything to them either). If memory serves at least, it's been ages since I've seen It.

Though beyond that, he's actually an extradimensional entity of some sort that's only taking the appearance of a demonic clown, and who's true appearance can nearly put people into a coma.
>>
My poor, poor CTraveller party. As if the xenomorphs weren't enough...!
>>
I'm honestly not sure.

The current party consists of high school students who are going to a school for delinquents....except we're in a homebrew world that was created by an ascended former PC of the DM, who was an insane artificer.

The party is currently comprised of...
>Sand elemental, captain of the school boxing team. Sent to the school for beating up a bunch of guys.
>Crystalline automaton, acrobatic fencer, but also a complete nerd who takes pride in his intelligence. Sent to the school for stabbing a guy nearly to death, for insulting his intelligence.
>Forget his race, but a dual tonfa wielding bully, general delinquent, and horse arsonist. Sent to the school for horse arsony.

I think we'd have some trouble, but we could probably get lucky.
>>
>>44617335

Stephen King is overrated
>>
>>44617787
i'll admit, he isnt the "master" of horror like he used to be, but he is a conerstone of the genre
>>
>>44617787

Didn't his writing get ass after that one injury or something?

None of his stuff topped The Stand, in my opinion.
>>
>>44617712
>horse arson
you have my attention
>>
>>44617850
It was a running joke from a slip of the tongue.

His original reason for being sent there was burning down a horse stable, but he stopped after "burning down a horse." The DM thought is was fucking hilarious and ran with it(the stable still burnt down, but the horses themselves were the ones lit on fire first).

So now he's known in-game as a horse arsonist, and his character has a deep, unexplained hatred of horses.

His locker is also a portal to the Horse Torture Dimension, a plane fill with horses, all on fire, and the ground on the place is basically nothing but caltrops as far as the eye can see.(it's vague if it's a pocket dimension created by some mad wizard, or a plane of the abyss reserved for only the most terrible of horses). I can't for the life of me remember how the fuck that came about though.
>>
>>44617847
I've never read our watched any of his specifically horror stuff, but his short stories are usually really cool.

I can't remember their titles but his one about the painter and the stationary bike and the one about the 9/11 survivor with the keepsakes that had other peoples memories (that didn't survive) were pretty good ones.

But I agree, The Stand was top notch, it's what made me give him a chance.

OH, and Rose Red was decent.
>>
>>44609092

...Sammy?
>>
>>44618145
The Dark Tower series was great. I read all seven of them in high school.
>>
>>44608344
Is Pennywise considered a Daemon or a Xenos? If Daemon, the Inquisitor and I can banish him, if Xenos we'll smash his guts in.
>>
>>44618720
From the description here. >>44617413

I'd say that he would count as a kind of Daemon.
>>
>>44618720
Apart from the above descriptions, he actually feeds on emotions of all types. Normally fear is the easiest, like in IT, but he can feed on others (like in the Dark Tower). I think he's technically a Xenos, but he functions like a Daemon in all respects, so you'd probably have more luck from that angle.
>>
>>44618752
Yeah, the Inquisitor and I have this covered then. Once Enemies Beyond comes out it'll be even more in our favor.
>>
>>44608344
The psychic is a living railgun, the acrobat has a hammer of legend that launches things several HUNDRED feet when it connects, and the caster has access to soul destroying magic. Just missing a technician for the four course rape buffet.
>>
The Alchemist/ Bootlegger will set him on fire.

The Cowgirl will whip him so hard, reality itself will start to crack.

The martial artist/ ace attorney will try to defuse the situation.

And the psychic will drop a garbage truck on him.
>>
>>44608344
>Anima party
>That fucking car(wagon) crashed into a house at full speed for the sake of getting rid on an inquisitor

Yeah he's fucked.
>>
Rogue Trader. Dark Eldar Incubus Initiate with around 25,000 xp. Is chemically gelded, and has a set of demiklaives. This is gonna be fun...
>>
>>44618837
So...a xenos that became a daemon?
>>
>>44624003
Man, that's like, you know, Double Heresy
This calls for the Grey Deathwatch Knights
>>
>>44620892
>Martial Artist/Ace Attorney

How the hell did the Dragon Clan get into your setting?
>>
>>44608344
What the fuck is Pennywise anyway? Some sort of arthropod demon in disguise, right? Didn't they kill it with a silver coin or something?
>>
>>44624649
What ever it is it isn't very clever
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.