[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone just getting into 40k lore here. Do orks have any robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: Ork Weaponry Found in Brazil.jpg (137 KB, 697x524) Image search: [Google]
Ork Weaponry Found in Brazil.jpg
137 KB, 697x524
Someone just getting into 40k lore here.

Do orks have any robots? Not mechs, but thinking machines. They don't seem the type but they're orks, so I have to ask.
>>
>>44608312
The closest would be the killa kans and deffdreads and mekadreads and stuff. Those are operated by a grot or ork brain, so theyre more like dreadnoughts more than anything. But no robots with AI or logic engines or anything like that.
>>
Oh lord.

Somewhere in the vastness of the galaxy, a lonely Mek's two functioning brain cells bump together. He looks at the junk all around his workshop; at the janky prostheses built for the Dokz; at the heavy shootas built for the Gitz; at the Thinky-Bobz built for the Air Boyz, and he has a revelation.

He will krump his loneliness.

He begins to build. Bolts are hammered, wires are soldered, plates are welded, brew is swigged. Nights turn to days, days to weeks. No-one has seen Bugginz Zobgobba for ages. Rumors swirl in the rest of the camp, that the Mek is building something... Big.

Finally, his work complete, Bugginz steps back. The hulking frame looms high, like a scrapyard that dreams to be a man. Bugginz reaches for the switch, that will bring his monster to life.

Several fuzes burst instantly, as the machine surges with power. Fans hum, lights flicker, pistons jerk and shudder. The machine rises awkwardly, on legs with too many knees. Limbs laden with ordinance wave at the air, to find balance. An array of diodes flicker with energy, eventually resolving into a child's image of a smiling face. The machine turns its illuminated head to Bugginz, and roars through a mis-matched set of vocalizers:

"KONNICHI WA, BUGGINZ-SAN"
>>
>>44608624
Thank you for that. The mental image... Its truly beautiful.
>>
File: Sm_chapter1_grimskull.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sm_chapter1_grimskull.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>44608624
>And his name is pinokyo

I wanna see an ork version of Chappie now
>>
>>44608727
it would look like something out of mad max
sound like its from England
has the firepower of the America military
>>
File: ork_tinboyz[1].jpg (25 KB, 477x205) Image search: [Google]
ork_tinboyz[1].jpg
25 KB, 477x205
>>44608312
They used to have tinboyz.
Basically mechanical caricatures of enemies.
>>
>>44608312
>fascinating picture depicting the changes in real life weapons as they move away from being made by the thousands in factories by drug cartels requiring heavy firepower which they are not able to get their hands on

>>lol dakka get it haha

fuck you your picture is way more interesting than your dumbass question
>>
>>44608727
> Wasting a perfect opportunity to name the abomination "PinnOrkyo"

Son, am disappoint.
>>
>>44608790
The "Marine" Tonboy has amazing cauldrons.
>>
>>44608312
I can see a mekboy building a robot to do crap work like making bricks.
>>
>>44608312
What >>44608624 said is right: technically Orks only really had cyborgs, nothing approaching Abominable Intelligence.

Tin Boyz aren't in the current canon.

Any mechanical monstrosity is piloted either like a mech or by being directly wired into a grot or boy's brain.
>>
File: Team_Leader_da_zhong_zhang.jpg (150 KB, 769x1000) Image search: [Google]
Team_Leader_da_zhong_zhang.jpg
150 KB, 769x1000
>>44608840
You're right. You win.
>>
File: runtbot.jpg (26 KB, 450x413) Image search: [Google]
runtbot.jpg
26 KB, 450x413
>>44608312
closest is the runtbot, and that's remote-controlled by a grot riding on the shoulder.
>>
>>44609000
>runtbot
>instantly fall in love with model
>it's just for show
>no rules

Still would be an amazing count as killakan
>>
>>44608790
Was gonna post this

and I don't even 40k
>>
>>44609103
Killa kans are just so shitty I'd feel bad for the model. Make it a mega-armored warboss or something.
>>
>>44608790
Tinboys were radio controlled if I remember correctly. Still cool idea.
>>
>>44608914
Pinorkyo- the robot who wants to become one of dem real boyz.

Good end: He becomes an ork after a Dok decides to replace someork's brain with his CPU.

Bad end: He gets captured by the Mechanicus and/or Ordo Xenos.
>>
>>44608312
Doesn't ork tech only work when operated by an ork?
>>
>>44609776
They were, if I remember my Epic correctly. It wasn't precised in the fluffy parts if it was total remote control or just them being completely obedient to instructions, though.
There was a one turn delay for the order to reach them, it was pretty fun.
>>
>>44609000
OH my, the Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte really stepped up his game.
>>
File: 04_MHG_rio_armas.jpg (74 KB, 720x460) Image search: [Google]
04_MHG_rio_armas.jpg
74 KB, 720x460
>>44608804
Brazil's cartels not being able to get their hands on real military-grade weapons?

Larga essa erva maluco, tá te fazendo mal.

Shame on you /tg/. Our criminals built a seven-barreled shotgun and you post that thing?
>>
What happens if an Ork puts on one of the thinking caps Orgryn boneheads wear?
>>
>>44612772
They become loyal to the emperor and possibly capable of reading.
>>
>>44610907
Depends on the era of canon. Some old books had a Guardsman pick up an Ork Shoota that was just used to shred some dudes, only to discover it didn't work. When they broke it open to look inside, it was just a tube with wires and a trigger.

The most recent Ork dex has it more of an inborn Mek SIANTZ than WAAAGH!! field fuckery.

I take my canon mixed, because the story of the krew of Trukk Boyz who ran out of gas, then took off after the Nob reminded them he filled up before they left is the best thing ever--even if new Trukk rules are dogshit.
>>
>>44616054
>the story of the krew of Trukk Boyz who ran out of gas, then took off after the Nob reminded them he filled up before they left
Link?
>>
>>44616054
see, the gas one is funny because we're all familiar with squeezing another mile out of the steering wheel to creep to a gas station.

The tube with a trigger is just retarded. I love the idea of orks making shit that shouldn't work effective, but I feel like it needs at least the basic mechanical function, even if it is wildly nonsensical, like the shokk attack gun.
>>
>>44610907
you might get the ocasional piece that was put together well enough to work without an ork gestalt field but most of the time yeah they wont work for anybody else.
>>
File: Orkbot.png (194 KB, 548x375) Image search: [Google]
Orkbot.png
194 KB, 548x375
>>44608790
Tinboys are awesome. Would make a fun little army.
>>
File: 48.jpg (735 KB, 1110x1584) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
735 KB, 1110x1584
>>44616054
>Depends on the era of canon. Some old books had a Guardsman pick up an Ork Shoota that was just used to shred some dudes, only to discover it didn't work. When they broke it open to look inside, it was just a tube with wires and a trigger.
>I take my canon mixed, because the story of the krew of Trukk Boyz who ran out of gas, then took off after the Nob reminded them he filled up before they left is the best thing ever--even if new Trukk rules are dogshit.

Both of those are just fanwank, drawn - probably not even knowingly - from this fluff in the 3rd edition codex.

>Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Orks' subconscious somehow ensure that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.