[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why nuke a city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: nook.jpg (83 KB, 614x350) Image search: [Google]
nook.jpg
83 KB, 614x350
I've got an idea for a game and I'm trying to figure out why a small city would be targeted for destruction. Doesn't need to be "nuked" per se, just somehow totally decimated or made uninhabitable

My best ideas so far are:
>Military containing some sort of virus
>Military containing THE MOLE-MEN
>Government preventing an alien invasion
>Evil villain using a death ray to make a point
>Meteorite?

The point being the players have to escape the city before it happens. They can't stop it.
>>
>>44606235
>goverment false flag attack to increase arms sale

Activate scenario 12D
>>
>>44606235
How about a volcano?

>Government preventing an alien invasion
How does destroying a city prevent an alien invasion? I mean, you can nuke the aliens if they're in the city, but they've kinda already invaded at that point
>>
>>44606422
Like, there's one spaceship over this one city and they're using it as a hub. Then the players might also have to deal with the aliens I guess

I dunno man I'm just spit balling here. It sounds fun to me

Volcano could work, adding to my list
>>
>>44606235
What is the setting scenario you're trying to set up?
>>
>>44606235
Research center for top of the line equipment.
Main base for the army or whatever.
Ancient burial ground for one of the largest battle in the old world?
>>
>>44606515

Probably closer to a board game or one-off for my friends to play. Gonna try and make cards and a board and stuff.

I've got all the game mechanics mostly sorted out but I'm having trouble tying it all to a central theme
>>
>>44606422
the aliens sent a expeditionary force with a large ship that landed on the planet after a certain point it will call the rest of the invasion the military is trying to bring it down with normal weapons but if they cant do it after a certain point they will resort to nuclear weapons.
>>
>>44606235
Is this a foreign government or the country's government?
>>
>>44606235
Some cities in the US are declared "Fortress's" in the case of enemy invasion and will be defended by conventional, chemical, and nuclear means.
>>
>>44607325
which ones
>>
File: summoning something big.jpg (211 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
summoning something big.jpg
211 KB, 800x595
The summoning needs to be stopped.

We aren't sure what is being summoned but it's big.
>>
Allot of small towns spring up around AFBs where minuteman missiles were kept in scattered underground bunkers. I think it was minuteman anyway.

Could have been shot at the AFB in hopes that it would damage the silos and interceptors before they had a chance to retalliate/launch

The town would be an incidental tertiary casualty, so thered probably be alot of fallout style ruins left over. Since the blast would be hitting probably a mile or more away, but you could make up any number of reasons for its deviation.

Partially successful intercept, unforseen weather patterns, guidance failure, etc
>>
>>44607391
Lel, apoffenia at its finest.
>>
>>44606235
As an example to other cities.
>>
File: 1420151879817.jpg (412 KB, 1600x594) Image search: [Google]
1420151879817.jpg
412 KB, 1600x594
>>44607453
It was something we made on an Objectivists vs Things from Beyond Space and Time thread early last year.
>>
>>44607356
Places like Fort Teller in the 80's, the SDI was based there and if the commies somehow had an invasion force heading there they would be annihilated. I dont have a list but if i get one i'll post it
>>
>>44607256
Why would they wait to send the signal long enough for the military to have to resort to nuclear weaponry?
>>
>>44607356
>>44607607

Okay with some help, i got part of a list from the 70's-80's
"These 6 were listed as 'critical safe zone' locations:
Washington D.C.
New York Shitty, New York
Los Angeles, Commiefornia
Texas mainland
Seattle, Washington
Alaska mainland"
NORAD Bases
USAF Missile Bases? (Info curb apparently on this one. Supposed to auto launch in case of an invasion or somethint but no one knows if this is true)

Best I got anon.
>>
>>44606235
If we're just throwing ideas around
>Military trying to take out Cthulhu/Godzilla/Cloverfield/Whatever

>>44607748
Some unashamedly soft sci-fi about them needing to keep the homing beacon active until the alien fleet's hyperjump is complete? (i.e. for some reason it has to be a continuous signal kept active until the rest of the aliens arrive)
>>
>>44607748
the expeditionary force is sent to scout out whether or not to send the rest of the fleet for few reasons 1. is there anything of worth there 2. are there hostile forces 3. determine whether or not hostile force can be defeated
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.