[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) >HHG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1451875742736.jpg (210 KB, 812x542) Image search: [Google]
1451875742736.jpg
210 KB, 812x542
>HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>HHG RULES - https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS

>Xenos in 30K Homebrew - https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Xenos_in_30k

Previous thread:
>>44553795

starting by asking How would you represent future chapters like the Aroura chapter that are mentioned in the books, partial chapter colors? just the shoulder? something else?
>>
>>44606002

Probably just shoulder markings, maybe a different colour shoulder. The art in the books has some good examples - check out the Word Bearer Serrated Sun chapter, for example.
>>
Guess I made this thread for nothing >>44606021

Next time put the word Horus in your post so that you can find it with the search engine in the catalog.
>>
>>44606002
The rules link should really be updated to this:

https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/

The MEGA is pretty shitty when it comes to providing all the books.
>>
>>44606777
Bran Stark is gone?
>>
>>44606993
name change
>>
File: GKPF3large.jpg (82 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
GKPF3large.jpg
82 KB, 800x600
Going to take a bunch of Raven Guard vets with suspensor-web missile launchers, think GK Psycannons will look the part with a bit of work?

I like the idea of the missile launcher suspensor webs but they only come in the destroyer packs
>>
>>44607077
Gotcha.
>>
>>44607113
I just used the recon marine torsos with the heavy support squad arms and regular missile launchers.

If anyone complains there's no suspensor web visible I'll have no words to express my disappointment in them manifesting such pedantry.
>>
>>44606002
some chapters like the black templars are showing their roots in 30k IF with black armor from some great crusade campaign, with just yellow helmets and pauldrons and crusader emblems mixed with the standard fist. Others so far just exist just as mere emblems, such as the twin axes for Rann's company/Executioners chapter or crossed-scythes for the Ultramarines 199th/Scythes of the Emperor.
>>
>>44608563

So who wants to bet the TS will have a chapter with some blood or raven icons...
>>
>>44608642

"Primarch! The Space Wolves are coming and about one thousand of our brothers just looted our entire reliquary and surrendered to the Loyalists."
>>
>>44608642
Actually Cult Corvidae, the cult of diviners that Ahriman was part of used a raven as it's symbol.
>>
So I play Word Bearers and want some Daemon allies, basically want Be'lakor for generic undivided prince and then one of each god's unit for Elites, Troops, FA and HS. However I have no Experience with Daemons and need to know what are the good/shit units
>>
>>44610591
40K gen will probably be able to help you with that. Emperor bless your soul however, those threads are terrible.
>>
>>44610591
You're taking Be'Lakor, you just won any game against a 30k army. It doesn't matter what else youre taking.
>>
>>44610811
I just wanted a Daemon prince that represents Ingethel and considering there's no undivided option it would be the best choice

Yes i know invisibility is still super strong which is why I'm trying to not just make a cheese list
>>
>>44610945
I'd just ask your opponent if you can take an unaligned prince. It's a rather retarded restriction in the first place.
>>
>>44610945
Don't take Be'Lakor then.

I'm serious. Just take a generic prince or something. There's a reason Lorgar got hit by the nerf bat.
>>
>>44610945
>I'm trying to not just make a cheese list

Bullshit. You start out by saying youre taking Belakor, then asking what are the strong and weak units. That suggests youre building your list with a powergaming approach. If you werent, youd be taking the units that you like, or that fit your armys fluff. Go back to 40k, you dont belong here.
>>
>>44611206
>You start out by saying youre taking Belakor

Yes because there's no undivided Daemon Prince

>then asking what are the strong and weak units

Because according to my group Daemons are a hard army to play as and has a bunch of pitfalls I wanted to know if there were more units that were as shit as furies or chaos spawn

>youd be taking the units that you like, or that fit your armys fluff

Word Bearers worship Chaos Undivided which is why I wanted an Undivided Prince and one of each of the gods unit
>>
>>44611319
Dont listen to that anon, hes trying too hard. You take Be'lakor sweetie, add some nurgle in your troops, slaanesh seekers and khorne dogs then something tzeentchy in your heavy support.
>>
>>44611319
>Yes because there's no undivided Daemon Prince

Yeah, this is one of those retarded decision GW took when they decided that Be'lakor is the only Undivided daemon prince in all of WHFB and 40k. I guess Lorgar and Peturabo never became daemons then.
>>
>>44611449
As much as it disgusts me to say it, there has been talking of Peter Abbot and Loogie being assigned to one of the four gods as DPs. I sincerely hope not, but that's what tends to happen when stringent canon practices ensue.
>>
>>44611659
I think that's just from one guy here on /tg/.
>>
>>44606002

>S&P is transferred from to the unit if at least one model has it
>Cataphractii armour gives the model S&P
>S&P counts as not moving
>S&P lets charge after you shoot rapid fire weapons
>Tac squads can now move, shoot, and then charge

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>44611723
Read the armors rules more carefully
>>
>>44611723
No, that's how it works, they just can't Sweep.
>>
>>44611659
I still think it'd be far more interesting to see Pert and Lorgar be demon princes of two gods rather than all four, one of Khorne/Nurgle and the other Slaanesh/Tzeentch.Its always about the gods that are diametrically opposed but what of the gods that arent? Wouldnt they be more prone to make alliances against their enemies and empower pawns for their own very similar ends? Khorne/Nurgle is death, a universal bloodbath for one and entropy for the other, Slaanesh/Tzeentch is the quest for power and perfection, knowldege and the ever changing extasis.
>>
>>44611714
Well I hope so.

>>44611723
Yeah this is just part of the greater problem of Slow and Purposeful. I see no reason why there isn't a "Slow" special rule and have Slow and Purposeful simply grant that plus Relentless. Then the issue is resolved, plus a whole load more where the game wants to have sluggish units (coughNecrons)

>>44611793
He's talking about Cataphractii armour, which goes the whole hog with SnP in exchange for a 4++.
>>
>>44611837
>>44611723

Cataphractii doesnt confer S&P, its in the description of the armor.
>>
>>44611837
>He's talking about Cataphractii armour, which goes the whole hog with SnP in exchange for a 4++.
If that contradicts my statement in any way, kindly enlighten me as to how, because it means I'm screwing something up.
>>
>>44611813
That's still Undivided Chaos in a way.
>>
>>44611813
You mean you want them to be dual-god Princes? I'll nbe honest, I've always wanted that as a concept in 40K and I've brought it up where possible in a few threads (one from about two months ago was quite productive, I ended up making six demigods for each possible crossover).

But for Lorgar and Perts, I don't know if it's appropriate. Perturabo is just perfect for the iron cult/pact that lives in the warp and makes Soulgrinders among other things, a sort-of arms cartel mixed with a loanshark of souls. While Lorgar truly deserves to be the daemonic champion of Chaos Glory, perhaps the complement to Abaddon's mortal dominion.

Bella Core is more Chaos Neutral to me, Chaos Minimal. He's the Daemon Prince of Furies, all small and spiteful and nasty. All very circular without much real drive, wouldn't know what to do without an enemy to begrudge and hate.
>>
>>44611837
>Well I hope so.
That hope better burn brighter, Anon. Ignore what that one guy says.
>>
>>44611873
If Cataphractii armour didn't confer SnP, then it would be a free upgrade over Tartaros. There's no way to get a special rule other than by having it confered upon the unit, whether it's in the description or not. The semantics aren't unclear.

>>44611876
Slow and Purposeful prevents Run movements, Overwatching shooting and Sweeping Advance assault victories.
>>
>>44611941
Put it this way, if my hope was an erection it would be visible from your house. From sheer brightness. Painful brightness.
>>
>>44611723
So this has been a problem for a while. In the Book 1 FAQ and Errata they fixed it (See pic) but due to a copy/paste error, it wasn't fixed in the LA:CAL. Basically S&P is not supposed to be conferred to the unit from Cataphractii armour. Hopefully in the next LA:CAL they'll fix it.
>>
>>44612033
That would make that one among a number of these not copied from the FAQs to the red books. I wonder if this will occur again in the new books?
>>
>>44612031
Your erection gives off light?
>>
>>44612050
Hopefully not, but if it does at least I can count on my game club to not bicker about what the intended rules were meant to be.
>>
>>44612031
At that point Tzeentch would be sending love letters to you, or would be stalking you I think.
>>44612056
Hoperction. When your body is filled with so much hope you start glowing.
>>
>>44612056
You asked for burning, anon. Now look what you've done.

>>44612078
Oh yeah, it's all easily resolved in an actual game. Just a shame that an opportunity to condense the rules in one spot is missed.

>>44612086
It's all part of the great game. Tzeentch is trying to make Slaanesh jealous.
>>
>>44611813

Pert aside, if you want to see Lorgar as anything else than a devotee of all the chaos gods, you are a total retard with terrible taste. There is literally no hope for you, you should stop discussing 30k and 40k fluff and never return here until you repent.
>>
>>44612125
>It's all part of the great game. Tzeentch is trying to make Slaanesh jealous.
But wouldn't that make Nugle get butthurt about it and try to destroy it much like that one world that cured all natural diseases?
>>
>>44612206
I don't see why. My wang is neither particular cleansing or foetid, just particularly white and hot.
>>
>>44611659
Then GW should let us play Undivided daemon princes that works that way instead of forcing players to use Be'lakor to play an Undivided army. I strongly dislike the idea of locking army types with special characters.
>>
>>44612298
It's filled with hope. Nugle is the god of despair and would gladly destroy anything filled with hope.
>>
>>44612322
They should, but they have some weird boners about ancient fluff that doesn't really gel with the modern product and didn't add any depth to the universe in any case. I'm all for salvaging forgotten goodness from RT but some things were left behind for good reason.

>>44612362
Egggghhhhh. Like this bit of fluff right here. I'll be honest, Nurgle as the god of despair makes so little sense to me. Nurgle's followings are happy as fuck, they accept their nature as foetid zombies with indolent glee. Having Nurgle as the god of Despair would be like having Khorne as the god of Peace.

Althought now I'm getting the idea of people trying to appease Khorne to send down scary deamons to drive off their attackers and stop the fighting, only for it to go wrong . . . maybe this isn't such a bad idea after all. Could people call upon Tzeentch in an effort to deny others hope by entangling them in endless politics and intrigues? Or use Slaanesh to make others feel despondent and longing with jealousy? I'm suddenly starting to like my flaming boner, I mean, even more.
>>
>>44612480
>They should, but they have some weird boners about ancient fluff that doesn't really gel with the modern product and didn't add any depth to the universe in any case. I'm all for salvaging forgotten goodness from RT but some things were left behind for good reason.

That sounds kinda retarded since GW fucks with their fluff all the time.
>>
>>44612480
Maybe the idea is Nurgle having his followers accepting that life is suffering and accepting his blessings stops the suffering?
>>
>>44612480
>Egggghhhhh. Like this bit of fluff right here. I'll be honest, Nurgle as the god of despair makes so little sense to me. Nurgle's followings are happy as fuck, they accept their nature as foetid zombies with indolent glee. Having Nurgle as the god of Despair would be like having Khorne as the god of Peace.
He feeds of your despair. He brings despair through disease and if my suspicion on unicorns being constructs of Nurgle to harvest despair of virgins. He makes you despair with Nurgle's Rot to the point where you give into it and him. He hates hope since it is Tzeentch's fuel and logically he would destroy anything that brings hope.
>>
>>44612480

But Nurgle IS about despair - despair is giving up on all hope. Nurgle's followers are so happy because they no longer give a single fuck about anything. When you stop giving a fuck, you don't care anymore. Contrast this to Tzeentch - his followers are full of hope, but they come off as paranoid and worried rather than happy and chill. Hope makes you expect more, leading to disappointment. Nurgles followers all despair, and so they expect absolutely nothing, so everything is amazing and happy for them - they've set their standards for the universe as low as it can go.
>>
>>44612524
It is, it's a weird thing that Games Workshop can change up perfectly good material but insist on enshrining setting dead-ends.

>>44612581
That would be akin Khorne's followings accepting that life is conflict, and thus accepting his blessings stops the conflict. Which is a valid idea but it doesn't really give Nurgle a monopoly on the concept. I rather like the irony approach, that Nurgle's horrid nature lifts despair against the odds, Tzeentch corrodes hope, Slaanesh leaves people miserable and unsatisfied . . . but what about Khorne, hrmm . . . Khorne covers discipline and honour, so perhaps Khorne's endless matters means that insurbordination is never fully punished and slighted honour never rectified? This is a really cool angle, have we stumbled upon some ancient intent for the Chaos powers?

>>44612588
Nurgle grants toness of hope and salvation. Sure, he creates despair-inducing disease but he genuinely loves his followers and they love him back. Tzeentch meanwhile is all about playing people along on strings, tantalising them with power and ploys which they will chase for eternity. There really isn't much of an angle for this. Besides, boners are plainly Slaanesh's domaigne.

>>44612646
If you don't care then you can't despair. Seems self-defeating, which with I am okay if you can find an angle for that being true of all the gods. If the Chaos God of Hope's followings are paranoid and neurotic, while Chaos Despair's are idley satisfied, does that mean Khorne's minions are always stimulated/aroused and Slaanesh's are violently angry/displeased?
>>
>>44612926
I figure they are going for a Buddhist vibe with Nurgle. He does have that big fat meditating Buddah thing going on.

Buddhism is about accepting that suffering is a fundamental part of life brought on by desires and by giving up on those desires you free yourself from suffering. Some Buddisht also belive that you can only reach nirvana through Buddah.

So if you're a Nurgle follower you accept that despair is a part of your life and by giving up on the original life you desired you free yourself from despair. Also, they miht belive that the only way to elevating yourself further from despair is through Nurgle.
>>
>>44612926
>If you don't care then you can't despair.

You obviously havent been depressed and hit rock bottom and then gone lower. Theres a breaking point for people, when you've felt nothing but hopelessness for a long time and depression takes a hold of your core, where nothing matters, not yourself or your problems or others, nothing matters when you're at that point and its then that people kill themselves. Some people can live like that, where they realize that nothing truly matters and everything and everyone will die eventually and theres nothing you can do about your problems so you just give up and live and thats Nurgle, the guy that went through shit and absolute despair and tried to end it but failed miserably so now he laughs at the pointlessness of existence for that is the only thing he can do.
>>
>>44613088
That is very true, I'm surprised Nurgle's appearances as a rotten Buddah isn't brought up more often here or in canon come to think of it.

>>44613167
Those are some mighty assumptions you're making there, anon.
>>
I just found out how much stuff the Taghmata Army List book changed from the previous mashup of HH books and I've been trying to get myself caught up. While it's nice that they did balance and clarify a lot of the outstanding issues I did find one that was a bit confusing.

How do the Machine Creature and Patris Cybernetica rules interact? I can't tell if Machine Creature is saying that if a unit has models with Cybernetica Cortex then it means that unit is never scoring no matter what, or if it means if a unit is composed ONLY of units with Cybernetica Cortex then it's not scoring. Basically, if I stick a Dominus in a unit of robots is the Dominus scoring even though the unit isn't? Or does the unit override the Dominus and make him not count as scoring even though he otherwise would be?

The reason this is odd is because a Legio Cybernetica army can't take any choices without a Cybernetica Cortex until they've taken at least one that does have one in each FOC slot (and their Compulsory Troops must be two units of Castellax with 2+ models in each). Once you look at how many points that costs you suddenly realize that unless you can stick some scoring Dominus dudes in there then your entire army can't score objectives... which is a bit of a problem now that people are often using Maelstrom in 30k. Sure, your entire army is also cool ass MCs, but with the balance changes to Castellax units that's actually not the overpowered cheese it used to be.
>>
>>44613579
Dominus is an HQ, so it's not a scoring unit.
>>
>>44613579
>>44613631

That's why you'll nee to load up on Tech-Thralls as your primary scorers.
>>
>>44613579
I would go with the simplest route and say that the Dominus scores regardless of his unit choice, while the bots surrounding him do not. Forgeworld makes rulesfudge like this all the time, we'll have to wait out for a FAQ.
>>
>>44613579
Also it's only Fast Attack and Heavy Support that need to have Cortex units first before you can take other units.
>>
>>44612926

You have to think of despairing in the context of the opposite of hope, not just "feeling sad". You can despair and be perfectly happy - look at lazy people who do nothing with their lives. They don't have any hope of doing anything, but many come to accept this. This ties into Nurgle as a creature of entropy. Things fall apart. Nurgle wants things to rot, rust, stop moving, stop doing things, just chill. Nurgle's perfect universe would be a contented nothingness. It might be a lunatic happiness, but his followers are happy because of their despair - they've thrown away all their worries and hopes.

As for Khorne and Slaanesh, their dichotomy is one of pain and pleasure, or denial and pleasure. Khorne is similar to Nurgle in that he's about ENDING things, but in a more direct way. Warriors of Khorne usually focus on ignoring the pleasurable or the diverting - they deaden themselves to things like mercy or caring - there is only rage, hate, and martial discipline. Slaanesh constrasts this with being creative and embracing all sorts of emotions and sensations.
>>
>>44613579
what this >>44613631 guys said.
>>
>>44613631
In an Age of Darkness game that's true, but if you're playing Maelstrom of War all units are scoring units (and AoD scoring units become ObSec, typically).

>>44613758
I know, but the post was getting wordy enough so I left some details out.

>>44613666
That does allow for some cheap backfield scoring but they're too slow and fragile to actually make it up the board outside the deployment. A couple units of robots with Dominus in them, on the other hand, is a pretty scary threat moving up the battlefield.

>>44613667
This was what I was figuring I'd do; the unit would only count as scoring if the Dominus was within range to score a Maelstrom objective even if a robot in the unit was already closer. This has a similar "feel" at least to how enemies can choose to ignore your HQ if you've got him out front and shoot an MC instead (meaning you can't use your 2+/3++/5+++ HQ with majority T7 to tank incoming fire for the unit - that would be a little broken!).
>>
>>44613579
I would say no model in the unit is scoring. They probably should've said "units containing models with..." rather than "units made up of..." to make it clear.
>>
>>44613971
And honestly, if you really need to score with that Dominus, just detach him from the unit. He's an IC afterall.
>>
>>44613999
Well, only the Archmagos Dominus is an IC, the vanilla Dominus is still just a character. Patris Cybernetica allows you to join a unit of MCs "even though this would not usually be allowed" so that allows someone who's not an IC to join a unit... but it doesn't allow him to leave it. So, yes, I could pop out the warlord to score and he'd probably be fine doing that since he's stupidly durable, but it doesn't let me stick the 30k equivalent of a Datasmith in multiple robot squads to make them all scoring.
>>
>>44614069
Well, just email FW then and ask them. They're pretty good about replying to rules questions.
>>
>>44614113
Is there a rules email? Because last few I sent got received by someone ins 'sales' and 'would pass it along'.
>>
>>44614069
As a sidenote this also applies to Inar Satarael since he's an MC himself and not an IC (but he does have Patris Cybernetica).
>>44614113
Yup, might as well.

I can understand why they'd want units of only robots not to be scoring, especially given how strong that could be with the previous version of the LC rules. You could take two units of one Castellax as your compulsory, give them Darkfire + ETA, and leave them in your deployment scoring objectives as BS5 T7 W4 3+/5++ 60" motherfuckers for only 120 points each. All the new limitations for the LC - increased point cost, higher minimum unit size, no scoring - seem aimed at that issue in particular.

The problem is that if you're just getting started and are playing around 1500 points (not uncommon given that most people are gonna start using Betrayal at Calth) there's really no room for both the robots and the scoring support. Plus, the whole point of LC used to be running an army made entirely out of robots. That kind of doesn't work without scoring unless you're confident you can table the enemy every game (not likely!).
>>
>>44613762
It's kind of a narrow reading of despair. I mean, you can feel positively at the same time as despair, sure - you can also feel dread mixed with excitement for example. But the way that fluff material treats despair as the central defining emotion of Nurgle, you'd think he'd embody it entirely and more purely, rather than one narrow form it adopts.

I think if Ambition was treat as Tzeentch's central term, and Relief for Nurgle, the concept GW is trying to convey would be more clear. Plus it would be more balanced, as each god would have a term of equal positivity and negativity.
>>
>>44613865
Exactly, I don't see how that interpretation could go wrong in any case given its intuitive logic and balanced end result.
>>
>>44614556
I like to think that Nurgle uses Stockholm syndrome to get worshippers.
>>
>>44614613
That doesn't sit right with me. Nurgle isn't cruel, he genuinely loves his minions and followers and believes his every plague and pox is a gift, the site of a bloat body with its guts seeping through a foetid gutwall a blessing. He wouldn't say something was a gift or kindness if he didn't mean it, that's deceitful and deceit is Tzeentch's bag. Nothing Tzeentch gives you is ever entirely what you think it is. The followers of Tzeentch all desperately kid themselves that they're playing the smarter, quicker, faster game on all the others, that they're winning out overall at cosmic chess and that letting the daemon convince you to put your name on the dotted line was worth it. It's at least related to Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>44614613
He does that actually. Why do you think they think of him of a Grandfather like figure?
>>44614727
He taught a Deathguard captain what pity was by showing him his greatest attraction in his realm. Isha was the attraction, and her crying was what taught the marine pity. Also I think the Liber Chaotica talks about Nurgle and Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>44614727
The agressor in Stockholm syndrome can also come to care for its victim.
>>
>>44603288
>I like the general theme [...] however I don't get your explanation for why you included it. Nothing about either rule allows increases the volume of fire those units can put out, and while it does allow them too assault afterwards
It doesn't directly increase the amount of fire, but it means that, with an IC, they're able to be used aggressively, moved close, rapid-firing, and also charging, and getting Preferred Enemy in assault. In 40k no-one gets warriors close to enemies except as a byproduct of moving to an objective, in 30k they're used completely differently. So they'll shoot more often over the course of a game. Plus they get more shots per point in a max-size unit, and a max-size unit is very big for something that can do the damage-per-shot that it can (especially with Gauss).

Put another way, in 40k, you'd probably rarely use Rapid Fire (except maybe for overwatch), and if you did, you wouldn't care that you couldn't charge because you wouldn't anyway. In 30k, you will usually move them close, usually Rapid Fire after the first turn or so, and perform a good deal better in combat after you charge, which you will do if you can. Unless you don't have a character, in which case you'll have to use them very defensively because you lose the ability to even overwatch with them.

>tesla-equipped inmortals can anyway and you don't see that happening
I don't actually see Tesla-equipped Immortals ever anymore. Even so, no-one takes them so that they can assault after shooting, but so they can shoot more.

>You mention earlier you want assault to be more than just tarpitting, but that's exactly what charging my 20+ blob of warriors into the enemy would be.
In 40k you'd be right, ATSKNF means you never get to sweep and even when you can, I2 makes it never work anyway. Without ATSKNF and the later ability to shoot (a lot) in place of sweeping advance, the first round is kill-or-be-killed more often than not.
>>
>>44603348
>being limited to warriors and immortals means it probably won't see much use.
The purpose is to encourage Warriors and Immortals, being the first to awaken en mass. This may be less needed than I originally believed, since only troops score in HH so they might see more use just due to that.

>I feel like I'd rather give warriors and immortals a shooty lord or cryptek and keep my melee guys in better bodyguard units like lychguard and praetorians.
Lychguard and Praetorians are already excellent and with more (and larger) infantry units in 30k, they don't need to get much better before they're broken. I tweaked Praetorians a little but mostly for thematic reasons.

>On that note, lychguard not getting touched at all, not even as one of the bodyguard units for a phaeron, is disappointing.
I agree and feel that something should be done, but I'm not sure what. They're pretty finely balanced already, I don't want to upset that. Lychguard in 30k have incredible advantages, their AP2 is at higher Initiative than Terminators who have AP2, and their 3+/5++/5++ (RP) combined with T5 is amazingly resilient against non-AP2 terminators, and S5+2 Armourbane is nuts against armor which is plentiful enough to put them to use after you've crushed your primary target. Conversely, against non-terminators 3+/3++/5++ (RP) and with AP3 and again, T5, is amazing for 25pts and will obliterate any infantry even with a 2+ sergeant. Adding a Warscythe Lord just makes even that tiny speedbump meaningless, for not very many points more. These benefits also exist in 40k, but in 40k Terminators are rarely used and tarpits are prevalent. All configurations powerfuck Mechanicum too.

I agree that they should be added as a legal bodyguard for Phaerons though; that's an oversight which I will fix.

>Anyway, not trying to be overly critical, these are just things that stand out to me as I look at it and debate trying it out with a friend.
No, please be critical. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>44614829
Nurgle acts more like a possessive significant other and treats you more like a possession to show off than a person.
>SEE YOU THREE? SEE HOW MY FOLLOWERS LOVE MY PLAGUES?
Something like that.
>>
>>44614808
That's an interesting example. On the one hand, Nurgle genuinely reckons Isha is better off in her current state than otherwise, and wouldn't characterise his treatment of her as cruel. On the other hand, he knows that the DG captain would experience pity after witnessing her. It certainly paints Nurgle as rather shrewd. Is this from a BL novel? I loved Liver Chaotica by the way, I only bought the Nurgle book but it was worth it.

>>44614829
Hmmm. Can Tzeentch care for his underlings? Is that concept relevant to Tzeentch?
>>
>>44614911
I think Tzeentch's caring is prone to change.
>>
>>44614897
That's a cool angle - Nurgle does love his little pets after all. He sees his followers as children which he loves equally, even the sullen ones like the Plaguebearers and Mortarion (more like MOODarion).

Why isn't Nurgle a woman?

>>44614952
That's it, I'm putting my gleaming genitals away. No more after that awful pun.
>>
>>44614911
>That's an interesting example. On the one hand, Nurgle genuinely reckons Isha is better off in her current state than otherwise, and wouldn't characterise his treatment of her as cruel.
She could live with the Laughing God. At least she would be with a friend.
>and wouldn't characterise his treatment of her as cruel. On the other hand, he knows that the DG captain would experience pity after witnessing her
He turned her into a tourist attraction.
>Is this from a BL novel
Short story if I remember right.
>Can Tzeentch care for his underlings?
I think that would be something he'd find hindering to change.
>>44615020
>Why isn't Nurgle a woman?
Because r63 Nurgle is something my mind shouldn't and will not allow to form.
>>
>>44615020
>He sees his followers as children which he loves equally
Nurgle's plagues are his true children; his worshipers are his grandchildren. He is fond of his worshipers only because he is proud of his own accomplishment of raising his actual children well. His worshipers are quaint, nostalgic reminders of his own magnificence; adorable to have around, in their own pet-like way, but not creatures that he truly cares about beyond their proof of the diseases they host having achieved their full potential.
>>
>>44615113
Ah, but the Laughing God reminds Nurgle way too much of a certain someone. A bad influence, full of naughty new ideas and tricks. Nurgle hates subversion even more than Khorne, because it's pure novelty.

A beautiful tourist attraction, where she gets to bask in the admiration of a wonderful and cherishing audience for all eternity. How thoughtful of Nurgle!

Tzeentch's idea of respect is one that can only be satisfied by one with the chutzpah to keep up on and exceed his own sly manouvres. I think then he'd take an interest, the closest he'd get to caring.

You don't even need r34 - Nurgle's already got huge tits! Those antlers are her pigtails.
>>
What do you give your Tactical Squad Sergeants? I'm going to have 3 of them with my Alpha Legion list and I'm not sure whether to leave them naked or give them power fists or other cool toys.
>>
>>44615485
I leave them naked and rely on rending and rerolls to hit in challenges.
>>
>>44615372
>Ah, but the Laughing God reminds Nurgle way too much of a certain someone. A bad influence, full of naughty new ideas and tricks. Nurgle hates subversion even more than Khorne, because it's pure novelty.
But if Nurgle really loves Isha he should let her be happy.
>A beautiful tourist attraction, where she gets to bask in the admiration of a wonderful and cherishing audience for all eternity. How thoughtful of Nurgle!
I'm sure there has to be a sign that says "Please don't feed the Isha."
>Tzeentch's idea of respect is one that can only be satisfied by one with the chutzpah to keep up on and exceed his own sly manouvres. I think then he'd take an interest, the closest he'd get to caring.
But all are pawns though.
>You don't even need r34 - Nurgle's already got huge tits! Those antlers are her pigtails.
My mind is still blocking that.
>>
>>44615113
>She could live with the Laughing God. At least she would be with a friend.
Cegorach has nothing but scorn for the rest of the Eldar gods. It's possibly true that she might be better off, but he's no friend of hers and never will be. She'd be unable to resist leaving the Webway to contact her mortal children, and would be seized by Slaanesh as soon as she did.

Isha can't change her nature, she's a reflection of an aspect of the Eldar psyche. Her... entanglement with Nurgle reflects the tiny shift in the universal Eldar psyche that knows utter despair as a result of Slaanesh's nigh-unstoppable predation of their souls - before the Fall they knew nothing like it (they could know great despair individually, but it wasn't an inherent part of their racial identity). For her to escape Nurgle without being recaptured by Slaanesh, they'd have to be free of this despair... Ynnead could do it, but he'd destroy her in the process.
>>
>>44615485
Artificer armor isn't a bad idea if you want to tank some AP3 shots.
>>
>>44615690
>Cegorach has nothing but scorn for the rest of the Eldar gods. It's possibly true that she might be better off, but he's no friend of hers and never will be.
Did he always have that or did the Fall make him have that?
> She'd be unable to resist leaving the Webway to contact her mortal children, and would be seized by Slaanesh as soon as she did.
She was able to talk to them through the Spirit Stones before right?
>but he'd destroy her in the process.
So only Khaine and Cegorach would still be around? Well that's a trio of Gods that would surely by helpful to the racial psyche of the Eldar.
>>
>>44615669
>But if Nurgle really loves Isha he should let her be happy.
But he doesn't really love her in the way that normal, undeluded people understand love. He really loves himself, and sees himself as worthy of having her be his because he did her the favor of "saving" her from Slaanesh. Isha's terror and despair after The Fall is a ridiculous turn-on to Nurgle, and he is driven to "comfort" her as he does for all of his followers. He "loves" her in the way that a guardian rapes children in their care because they confuse their paternal instinct to protect them with affection.
>>
>>44615985
>But he doesn't really love her in the way that normal, undeluded people understand love. He really loves himself, and sees himself as worthy of having her be his because he did her the favor of "saving" her from Slaanesh.
And I was right.
>Isha's terror and despair after The Fall is a ridiculous turn-on to Nurgle, and he is driven to "comfort" her as he does for all of his followers.
>He "loves" her in the way that a guardian rapes children in their care because they confuse their paternal instinct to protect them with affection.
I would be surprised if licked to sample her despair.
>>
>>44616056
>wouldn't be surprised if he
Fixed.
>>
>>44615807
>Did he always have that or did the Fall make him have that?
No he was always like that, which is what allowed him to survive The Fall and what allows him to continue to elude Slaanesh even when he leaves the Webway, or when fighting her for the souls of his Harlequins.

His ironic and capricious nature did not strongly resonate with the Eldar psyche which meant he was a very minor god, but also that he was safe(r) from Slaanesh as a result. It's why Harlequins don't need Spirit Stones - they're just not Eldar-ish enough to be found by Slaanesh by default (where Eldar-ish means enough like the type of Eldar that caused The Fall).
>She was able to talk to them through the Spirit Stones before right?
That's where it becomes tricky, and allegory and reality bleed together a bit. Most likely it refers to another kind of "spirit stone" from before the fall, which is now lost to the Eldar (or far too dangerous to use). They didn't need Spirit Stones to save them from Slaanesh before The Fall, and they can only make Spirit Stones now by collecting raw materials from the old Eldar homeworlds in the Eye of Terror.
>So only Khaine and Cegorach would still be around?
No, they'd be dead too. Ynnead is the as-yet-unborn god of the dead and, according to many who believe in it, its ascendance requires the death of all Eldar and therefore any other remaining gods.
>>
>>44616379
>No he was always like that, which is what allowed him to survive The Fall and what allows him to continue to elude Slaanesh even when he leaves the Webway, or when fighting her for the souls of his Harlequins.
>His ironic and capricious nature did not strongly resonate with the Eldar psyche which meant he was a very minor god, but also that he was safe(r) from Slaanesh as a result. It's why Harlequins don't need Spirit Stones - they're just not Eldar-ish enough to be found by Slaanesh by default (where Eldar-ish means enough like the type of Eldar that caused The Fall).
Why did the Old Ones make a god for the Eldar that wouldn't strongly resonate with the Eldar psyche?
>That's where it becomes tricky, and allegory and reality bleed together a bit. Most likely it refers to another kind of "spirit stone" from before the fall, which is now lost to the Eldar (or far too dangerous to use). They didn't need Spirit Stones to save them from Slaanesh before The Fall, and they can only make Spirit Stones now by collecting raw materials from the old Eldar homeworlds in the Eye of Terror.
Didn't Vaul have something to do with this in that Eldar legend?
>No, they'd be dead too. Ynnead is the as-yet-unborn god of the dead and, according to many who believe in it, its ascendance requires the death of all Eldar and therefore any other remaining gods.
But how do the Eldar come back after that?
>>
>>44615985
>>44616056
>Isha's terror and despair after The Fall
To clarify, this is why Nurgle didn't particularly give a damn about Isha before The Fall - this wasn't part of her personality before then. Afterwards though it made him want her for the same reasons he wants his other followers to be the way that they are (so severely desperate and needy that he effectively owns them, body and soul).
>>
File: 1451696811964.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1451696811964.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
RIP 30k Thread

Hello Eldar/Daemon Lore from various sources across the ages including non-canonical sources.
>>
File: CustodesGrav-Rhino.jpg (30 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
CustodesGrav-Rhino.jpg
30 KB, 500x307
>>44616845
Fine then time to rerail this thread. Let us discuss Grav-Rhinos.
>>
What will the Sisters of Silence be like?
>>
>>44616914
Negative modifiers to nearby enemy units that get better the more models you have in the table, like skitarii but debuffing your opponent instead of buffing your shit.
>>
>>44616914
Silent, but deadly.
>>
File: Iron_Lynx_Prosecuter_Squad.jpg (282 KB, 636x868) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Lynx_Prosecuter_Squad.jpg
282 KB, 636x868
>>44616969
Will they get assault packs?
>>44616977
I still want to know where Emps found so many soulless women.
>>
>>44617004
Craigslist?
>>
File: 1365297629930.jpg (58 KB, 380x357) Image search: [Google]
1365297629930.jpg
58 KB, 380x357
>>44617004
>Women
>Having souls

Cute.
>>
>>44617035
Good enough for me.
>>
>>44617004
>Melta dogs

God damn it, Im gonna bust so many nuts when these bitches get released.
>>
>>44616771
>Why did the Old Ones make a god for the Eldar that wouldn't strongly resonate with the Eldar psyche?
No real data on that. Possibly he resulted from a specific effort to create (or a natural evolution of) a distinct type of Eldar for particular reasons (their non-Eldarn-ess might be important, depending on certain phases of the War in Heaven). Cegorach features hardly at all in the War in Heaven, and is easily confused with the Deceiver in many accounts - if indeed they're not one and the same, which is as yet neither proven or disproven. There is still an awful lot about the War in Heaven we don't know.
>Didn't Vaul have something to do with this in that Eldar legend?
Yes, and probably the original Eldar world(s) had something equivalent to the Dome of Crystal Seers or whatever, except instead of being an interface to the infinity circuit of the Craftworld, it was for the whole warp. It would be instant damnation to use it now, the only gods you'd meet now would not be ones you'd want to.
>But how do the Eldar come back after that?
The point of Ynnead is not to come back, but to save themselves and their ancestors from the doom of Slaanesh. They can only redeem themselves through death. This is according to those Eldar who believe in Ynnead, he's not even close to widely accepted.
>>
>>44617068
Well, it really oils down to whether they are natural ginger or it's a hair dye.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1605x1964) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1605x1964
Hmmm
>>
>>44617398
Pharos needs it's own tier below heresy.
>>
>>44617179
I thought Eldar gods where just manifestations of their own myths rather than creations of the Old Ones?
>>
>>44617430
You didn't like it? I thought it was better than Unremembered Empire.
>>
>>44617398

Is this up to date?
>>
>>44617683
No, it's missing Pharos
>>
>>44617600
I enjoy that Guilliman is now a traitor-primarch at the very least. I don't enjoy that he got away with it.
>>
>>44617795
At least he is in stasis at the verge of death.
>>
>>44617795
>traitor
Why do people keep saying this? Guilliman created Imperium Secundus as a contingency plan in the event that Horus had already taken Terra. Guilliman would not have declared Sanguinus to be Emperor if he knew Terra still stood. Anyone who says otherwise is just regurgitating a stupid meme.
>>
>>44617523
It's complicated and there are no good sources one way or the other. They could be living creatures, artificial constructs, the Old ones themselves, psychic manifestations of emotions, true gods, or true myths.
>>
>>44617885
But why didnt he take the fight to Horus? He had 4 legions already and the fucker never went to check on Terra, ever, until the end of the siege when Dorn, Khan and Sangui had already endured the war against 9 legions, why was it that only 3 legions got to the palace? Where was Guilliman when the Emperor needed him? Building his own empire.
>>
>>44617941
The Ruinstorm cut off warp travel to Terra from Ultramar. No clue how Sanguinus managed to circumvent it.
>>
>>44617398
Wow, so much skub. Other people (in the HH general) put Scars at the top, Betrayer at the in the middle, Flugrim at the bottle, shit's all over the place.

I have no opinion (since I read none of it due to how amazingly skubby it all is, though I have read BL before and am thoroughly unimpressed). I stick with rulebook fluff unless I'm doing research.
>>
>>44618048
I'm currently reworking/updating the list and adding chronology numbers. This current list is just too off.
>>
>>44617933
Well, I'm sure we will all be disappointed whenever BL decides what it is.
>>
File: 1452142063311.png (3 MB, 1875x1964) Image search: [Google]
1452142063311.png
3 MB, 1875x1964
>>44617398
>>
>>44618048
Skub?
>>
>>44617992
With faith, loyalty and duty, things that Guilliman lacked as he has forfeited the life of the Emperor without any struggle.
>>
>>44617430
We can call it HH Dark Angels tier and include them too.

The outline of the plots sound good, and yet they're just so horrible.
>>
>>44617992
The same way the Salamanders did on their way home. Or the way the Dark Angels did on the way to save Le Man.

They had to fight their way back and it took them too long was a perfectly good storyline and left plenty of room for good wholesome mass combat in the blazing flames of the not as far future.
>>
>>44618947
Some like it, some hate it, it's a pretty even split between the two, there is no middle ground (except maybe not caring at all), and there is no objective way to say which one is right. Oh, and people will always, always argue about it.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Skub
>>
>>44618616
Much better
>>
The amount of people starting Alpha Legion armies is so disheartening. Kinda figured there'd be a handful, but now I wonder why I didn't start with something like World Eaters.
>>
>>44620653
sooooooo many people jumping on the infiltrate everything and cherry pick a enemy unit train
>>
I have started hording conversion stuff for a possible Dark Angels force, question is with no reference to how the different "Wings" function in 30k what would be the best way forward to keep planing for their eventual release
>>
>>44618616
Only changes I'd make would be Vengeful Spirit in God-Emperor Tier and Outcast Dead in Mediocre.
>>
>>44620679
They're a good army, but they're not the best. Even then, the legion you choose should be more about How you think of said legion, relatability, etc.
>>
>>44620653
Don't worry there's a lot of each legion. It's just people joining in an being vocal about the flavor of the month.

So ran some numbers on rotors vs calivers. Calivers win everytime against both GEQ and MEQ, no surprise. Then I added shred to the rotors, calivers still won against everything but Solar Auxillia and Grenadiers. T3 and 4+ instead of 5+ so both volkite and deflag didn't pierce armor made the rotors win out.

Rotors need to be free and/or be salvo 4/4 or something. They need serious work.
>>
>>44620781
inorite? Even the Mechanicum ones with Poison aren't worth it.
>>
>>44620781
What if they're S4?
>>
When did the Mk. VI become available to chapters outside the Raven Guard?
>>
>>44617398
>>44618616
Am I the only one that hated Know no Fear?
I didn't even manage to finish it.
>>
>>44621974

Right after Isstvan V,but it was mostly the Fists and Raven Guard who got access to them and the Alpha Legion who copied the design.

Most if not all legions got the Beta version though.
>>
>>44622013
Good to know. That means 10 more bodies for me.
>>
>>44620653
HYDRA DOMINATUS
>>
>>44622002
knf was trash- ultramarine wank and bolter porn with more perpetual bullshit.
>>
>>44620653
No, anon, it just means they're really good at starting alpha legion.
>>
>>44620713
>Outcast Dead in Mediocre
> naked khonne marine in prison for months beats up a fully armed custode
>Lunar wolf who dosent say a damn thing, and exists only to be shit tier sequal bait
>a psyker magically serving his own connection with the warp because reasons
>The whole thing with the fucking power katana + artful samurai fucking bull crap
>probably a bunch of other things i forgot

it was a fucking TRAIN WRECK of a book, and it was piss poorly written too. Fuck the Outcast Dead. Fuck it in the ass
>>
>>44620653
But which one pf them will contain the real Alpharius?
>>
>>44622826
All of them. I'm Alpharius, remember?
>>
>>44615669
Ah but as I said, Nurgle genuinely believes there is no greater kindness to be paid than his grotesque affections. If Isha directly told Nurgle "I'm not happy and I want to be free", he'd assume she's messing around or just doesn't UNDERSTAND.

He's kinda like Chris Chan in that capacity.

Ahhhh, but Pawns can someday become QUEENS. I'm not sure where this is going.

Just don't resist, and let it in. You know Slaanesh would want that. Or would you rather female Khorne?
>>
>>44616771
Given that Cegorah not only survived the fall but continues to elude Slaanesh and organise groups of effective Eldar warriors to this day, I'd say the Laughing God has definitely proven useful as an emergency button. The least Eldary Eldar is the safest from their racial weakness.
>>
>>44620781
Hmmm . . . maybe Salvo 3/5 or 4/5?

Wait, you're talking about Calivers and not Chargers? Surely the fact that Rotors can be moved and shot without BS1 is advantage enough? Whereas the extra range for standing still should count as an advantage against Chargers?

What if went insane and said S2, AP 6, Salvo 6/8?
>>
>>44622840
No, I'm Apharius, you're Omegon.
>>
>>44612145
All the important Undivided characters (Horus, Abaddon, Be'lakor) considered themselves as equals to the Chaos Gods and not their slaves. They (excluding Horus) have the willpower to deny one or all the Chaos Gods in order to further their agendas.

Lorgar is a servile cretin. He doesn't have the willpower to be Undivided. He cannot deny the Chaos Gods or consider himself their equal.
>>
>>44622984
>Everyone is secretly Omegon
>>
>>44617179
>The point of Ynnead is not to come back, but to save themselves and their ancestors from the doom of Slaanesh. They can only redeem themselves through death. This is according to those Eldar who believe in Ynnead, he's not even close to widely accepted.

Not part of the argument but I gotta say that is wrong.

The Iyanden supplement, The murder clown codex, Valedor, and tons of Eldar sources claim that Ynnead will rebirth the Eldar race and their gods.
>>
Reminder that the hydra has 3 heads
>>
>>44622978
>What if went insane and said S2, AP 6, Salvo 6/8?
>worse than an autogun

What is this, a cartridge for ants?

With 30" range, neither really has to move that much.
>>
>>44623022
the third is just a double troll
>>
>>44623036
Didn't the cover image in the FW books for AL stuff have 3 skulls with Alpha, Omega and Sigma carved into their foreheads? So Alpharius, Omegon and... Sigmar?
>>
>>44623044
get out
personally i like the omega shtick,adding in a third player feels like jumping the shark
>>
>>44623034
Autoguns have no AP, it's just a smaller, sharper bullet with a bigger cartridge.

There are lots of reason a unit might want to move, such as beating back from an encroaching assault unit. Ranges less than 48" aren't in the safe-zone for "if you deployed them well, they'll have targets".
>>
>>44622753
I'm not the only one then.
>>
>>44623052
The twins with alpharius is that theyre twins. Most of the legion know this. The double twist is that theyre triplets and the legion doesnt even know.
>>
>>44623074
>>44623052
That being said alpha is the first, and omega is the last. Sigma is an arbitrary number in the middle. However it is commonly used in maths to represent the sum of, so heres hoping for both primarch combining into voltron.
>>
>>44623060
>Autoguns have no AP, it's just a smaller, sharper bullet with a bigger cartridge.

AP6 might as well not exist. Heavy stubbers get AP6 and they're S4. So S2 is worthless.

>There are lots of reason a unit might want to move

The fact remaind that Calivers are way better than rotor cannons. You're free to take them and prove us all wrong, but I doubt you'll be able to.
>>
>>44622978
>>44623034

Math say they should be Salvo 5/7 to be even remotely useful.
Less that that, it's not worth it.
>>
>>44623089
So, Alpharius is two midgets in power armour?
>>
>>44623089
>deamon prince of the alpha legion is sigmar
okay, maybe i CAN get behind this
>>
>>44623089
The third head could represent the legion.
>>
So what's the ratio of legions that people play?
>>
>>44623193
there was a poll a while back, lots of AL/DG and WB, a light dusting of loayist and IW, and thats pretty much it
>>
>>44623092
I guess this is as good an argument for including more 6+ saves in the setting as any really. Or changing how AP and saves work altogether.

Rotor cannons probably come out worse in game, but we don't know that until it's been tested. Have you tried using both weapons on the tabletop? The range factor remains untested. My bet is that it isn't enough to redeem its weakness, but I'd like to see that proven.
>>
>>44623193
For what we know, the most played are almost certainly Iron Warriors, followed very closely by Alpha Legion, and then Imperial Fists and Emperor's Children.

Things are going to change as soon as the Thousand Sons arrived.
They are BY FAR the most beloved legion.
>>
>>44623321
the problem is 6+ is utter garbage, as to be useless. Even if you ignore AP, 1 in 6 is not a good save rate, just ask SoB with their 6+invuns
>>
>>44610811

TT newbie here.

What's wrong with talking him?
>>
>>44623361
Yeah, I already started my Space Wolves legion for that day.
>>
>>44623403
he's very good, with T5 and EW in an environment where the only other EW are LoWs.he is also a VERY potent psyker, in a setting with only a handful of good psykers.

the above and invisablity all day erry day
>>
>>44615485
AA is a must IMO, alpha is good for strong sergeants if you choose to go for Power fist/dagger for the extra attack
>>
>>44623649
both?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 800x680
>>44623672

Power daggers are great because they are the cheapest specialist weapon in the game and so grant +1A when paired with another specialist weapon like a power fist (or lightning claw/thunder hammer)

Also Deredeo dreads a cute. CUTE
>>
File: 1436110811001.png (14 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1436110811001.png
14 KB, 800x600
>>44616914
Most likely, non-existant.
>>
>>44618616
I thought Prospero Burns was at least good...
>>
>>44623884
why do you say that?
>>
>>44616914
They might be released when Space Wolves and Thousand sons gets rules since they were at Prospero.
>>
>>44608563
Novamarines, and Excoriators show up in their early forms. Nova Company, and its first chapter master are in Pharos. And some of the Dorn and Garro stories have Katafalque as Dorns messenger. He goes on to the be the CM of the Excoriators.
>>
is a sicaran and a deredeo redundant or will I genuinely need that much anti air/skimmer?
>>
>>44623361
LEAST popular would be:
Sons of Horus
Blood Angels
World Eaters
Raven Guard
Salamanders
Iron Hands
Thousand Sons
>>
>>44624781

I thought iron hands were fairly popular
>>
>>44608563

Or like Garro wearing gray unpainted armor and GKs first grand master Janus being named after a God of the Beginning and the End (hint hint)
>>
>>44609022
kek'd hard
>>
>>44624781

People like Iron Hands and Thousand Sons. Thousand Sons just don't have a release yet.
>>
>>44623909

It was, but /tg/ doesn't like Space Wolves. Be happy with it where it is.
>>
>>44623361

I do hear a lot about Iron Warriors and Alpha Legion, as well as Imperial Fists. Surprised about Emperor's Children, but I guess their colour scheme is too swag to pass up.

What legions don't you see a lot of?
>>
>>44622986

No, but the point is, he slavishly worships all of them as a pantheon.
>>
>>44618616
I wouldn't have know no fear in the top tier.

Shit has 80 pages of destruction porn.

Also, Robot gets rekt by Kor Phaeron, no idea why ultramarine fanboys like this book.
>>
>>44625197
>Shit has 80 pages of destruction porn.
You say it like that's a bad thing.
>>
>>44611813
>Nurgle
>death

Forgive him, papa Nurgle, for he does not know what he does.
>>
>>44625227
Almost killed it for me.

I wanted more fighting and less starports getting blown apart.
>>
Blood angels might become more popular if their legion rules are better than 7th edition 40k blood angels, then a lot of players will jump ship.
>>
>>44625128
My local group has every Legion/Army except Raven Guard and SoH at the moment. A Salamanders player is working on RG right now though and a DG player is working on SoH.

Death Guard is the most popular with 3 players doing Death Guard.
>>
I have a question on Mor Dreythan strike Squads.

Namely, how do they assemble?

I have 10 Mor Deythan coming in the mail, but I don't know how they will go together, and I want to magnetize them.

I plan to have them all be able to swap between Sniper Rifles and Combi-Flamers at will, and have 3 of them be able to swap to Missile Launchers as well.

I have 10 of the older FW combiflamers (without attached hands), Will those work for the combis? Or are Mor Deythan sniper rifles part of their hands?

And for the Missile Launchers, how the fuck would I go about doing those? Any suggestions?
>>
how much AV is enough?

should a sicaran with lascannons, storm eagle and a squad of missile launcher havocs be rnough dedicated AV or do I need more?
>>
>>44626257
How many points are you playing?
>>
>>44626298

Aiming to make a 2500-3000 point list so it was feeling a little light
>>
>>44626321

how do you plan to pop a spartan w/ flare and ceramic ?
>>
>>44626176

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/nQUAAOSwo6lWJMNK/s-l225.jpg
>>
>>44626344
Melta-bombs?
>>
>>44626344

Well I have a full terminator squad with some chain fists mixed in that are sitting in the storm eagle so popping that should be possible, I just didn't include them as dedicated AV so to speak
>>
>>44626321
In that case, I would also add a Medusa. The Barrage makes them pretty effective with anything with a fixed facing shield i.e. Spartans/Knights
>>
>>44626367
Thanks, this is at least partially helpful.

So, I can fit my Combi-weapons on them perfectly.

Any idea how to fit some sort of missile launcher on to there?
>>
>>44626435

Would >>44626432 suffice or should I have a medusa in addition to my terminator deathball?
>>
>>44611449
Perturabo was sponsored by nurgle - possible link with obliterate virus as his special ala plague marines / berserker / sonic / sorcerer
Lorgar is the one they have left in the air - the word bearers trilogy didn't really show much of their new home world but I get the impression Lorgar hasn't ascended and is more like abandon or holding in the power
>>
>>44626895
>Perturabo was sponsored by nurgle - possible link with obliterate virus

Source?
>>
>>44626935
A reference in Codex: CSM 6th ed where he invokes Nurgle to bring a plague down on a forge world. Though technically I would see Lorgar, or really any undivided chaos worshiper that's strong enough to do the same.
>>
>>44626739
Well, I'd test out the full terminator unit first and see if that works for you. In my 3k list I have Perty with 10 Tyrant Sieges so I don't have much experiences with regular Terminators as my AT. But with my Perty+TS unit I've reliably been able to take out 1 Knight Titan per turn. But I have a Medusa as well just in case.
>>
>>44617941
? Was t it only 5 traitor legions on terra - the 4 daemons and horus?
Also the ruin storm cut off all communication and travel - they lost dozens of ships before seconding not to risk it anymore
In the original story though things were a lot tighter in terms of timeline - ultras hear about the heresy and are in the way but will take time so Horus rushed to attack
But then you couldn't drag it out for shekels
Btw deathfire was GOAT
>>
I have decided on the XIXth legion but I could use a little help on my list. I'm not looking for an ultra optimized list tho.

2k5 AoD

- (1) Damocles Command Rhino
- (1) Centurion, Primus Medicae, artificer armor, boarding shield, melta bomb, cameleoline.

- (17) Legion Tactical, +7 marines, melta bomb on serg.
- (10) Legion Tactical, melta bomb on serg, rhino.

- (5) Legion Terminator, 5 combi-weapon, 3 chainfist.
- (8) Mor Deythan, +3 Mor Deythan, 8 combi-weapon

- (5) Dark Fury, melta bomb on Slaine
- (1) Primaris Lightning, 4 kraken penetrator, tank hunter, strafing run.
- (1) Darkwing (dedicated transport for terminator)
- (1) Darkwing

- (1) Corax

I really wanted to play Alvarex Maun but I loose his warlord trait if I play Corax.

Questions : will I be table turn1 ? Do I have to specify what type for combi I choose on my list (like 40k) ?
>>
Can a nigga hook a nigga up with z's email?
>>
>>44620713
>Vengeful Spirit
>God Tier

Horus in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber says Hi.
>>
>>44626895
Didn't some stupid BL book (a Tallarn one I think) have a daemon claim that Slaanesh was Perturabo's patron?
>>
File: nope.png (249 KB, 618x464) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
249 KB, 618x464
>>44628345
no
>>
>>44628166
Darkwings are really bad

Tabling is a serious concern for this list.

You still need to specify the combi, and it should be modeled that way.

>>44628345
No. Z's casts look like garbage anyways.
>>
>>44628813

Tallarn: Ironclad.
>>
>>44628813
Because when I think of Slaanesh, I think of cold calculated efficiency.

I mean, excess and perfectionism, Slaanesh works for everything, but still.
>>
>>44629105
Excess is the key, I think. Perturabo was never one to do things by halves.
>>
>>44628166
>Damocles

Ultramarines only isn't it?
>>
>>44629213
It 0-1 for every one and no limit for ultra no?

>>44628863
I know they are expensive but I really like the concept. Plus drop pod looks way too fragile for KP games. What could I add to prevent tabling T1 ?
>>
>>44627606
SoH NL DG IW WE EC and probably a few AL and WB
>>
>>44628166
Not a legal list, neither Damocles or Primus medicae can fill compulsory HQ
>>
>>44610591
Take a prince with mark of Tzeentch
take a blob of nurglings, some fiends, some horrors and some hounds
>>
Are Seeker's worth it and how would one field them? 30k Sternguard in a Fast slot (probably my all time least used slot) seems like a nice option.
>>
>>44629299
yeah my mistake, I don't play ultramarines so only really had a quick glance over the rules

noice, converted command rhino here I come
>>
File: HHTraitors.jpg (911 KB, 2048x956) Image search: [Google]
HHTraitors.jpg
911 KB, 2048x956
>>44627606
>>44629380

And the thousand sons led by Ahriman plus demon & Admech support.
>>
>>44629213
>>44629299
Anyone can take Damocles as a non-compulsory HQ, Ultras can take it as a dedicated transport for a master of signals.
>>
>>44629417
Source on the primus medicae can't be the compulsory choice?
>>
>>44629708
The 7th edition errata.
>>
>>44629806
Chaplain it is then !
>>
Was looking to try and start a Legio Cybernetica Army, would the cybernetica battlegroup along with the taghmata book with the priest and servo automata a good start? Also what would I possibly be looking for when bumping it up to 2k? Probrably more robots just not entirely sure on which ones.
>>
>>44630047
It's not bad, you would have your two compulsory Castellax troop choices and your first Cortex Heavy Support choice to unlock further heavy support. The Thallax are so-so, since they're all lightning gun versions, I'd run them as Ferrox w/Melta Bombs as a Deep striking anti-armor unit. I'd probably get a large unit Tech-Thralls instead of the Thallax though.
>>
>>44621469
>Poison aren't worth it
Indeed. The only big things are automata, which youu have to reroll successful poison against anyway and are better of using AT.

>>44621472
For the militia list it's not bad since rotors compete less.

>>44622978
>>44623034
>>44623094
The problem is that volkite pierces, deflags, and squishes tiny things enmassse. Like they're supposed to. If you just jack up rotors you have to be careful that you don't eclipse volkites. Volkites do have a higher strength so more shots at the lower strength might push volkites towards the big unarmoured beasts of the crusade buuuuut then whats the point during the heresy?

On the move rotors have 15" range and 3 shots. A few more inches than flamers, but they have AP5, can hit more things, is an assault weapon, and ignores cover.

Vs calivers, because you're going to avoid moving with rotors to maximize on their purpose. Losing range and one shot is a big hit for a low S weapon that you don't want to be close with. Salvo is just to make it hurt less when moving than heavy. And calivers are so much better it's worth it.

>>44623403
Potent psyker that can just take invisibility. Invisible knights, spartans, primarch and crews etc is something no 30k army can deal with.

>>44628166
Decapitation Strike?

The Darkwing is fine if you're grabbing it as a transport for a unit that normally doesn't get a flyer to save on FA slots.

Mor Deythan love rhinos to infiltrate in it, scout 12, disembark 6, and fatal strike something.

If you have the tacs, mor deythan, rhino, maybe corax separately from furies, you should ahve to worry about being tabled if youre not facing a cut throat list.
>>
>>44630200
>should ahve
shouldn't have
>>
>>44630200
>For the militia list it's not bad since rotors compete less.

Most people just take them on Grenadiers, since they get S4 with Survivors of the Dark Age.
>>
>>44629467
Who is the golden guy and why does Fulgrim look like a mix between David Lee Roth and Donald Trump?
>>
>>44631037
>Who is the golden guy
The Red Angel

>why does Fulgrim look like a mix between David Lee Roth and Donald Trump?
Warp cocaine
>>
>>44631149
The guy with the Blood Angel symbol on his knee is Angron?
>>
>>44630200
yeah, Decapitation strike looks great with (otherwise) suicidal scouting.

Can't I infiltrate, scout 12, move 6, disembark 6 and fatal strike? (and yes I know I can infiltrate at 18)
>>
>>44631310
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Angel
>>
>>44629299
While the Darkwing Duckship might look nice, your tacticals have Infiltrate anyways.
>>
>>44631339
Oh two characters with the same title. Neat.

>>44631326
>Can't I infiltrate, scout 12, move 6, disembark 6 and fatal strike? (and yes I know I can infiltrate at 18)
>>44630200
>Mor Deythan love rhinos to infiltrate in it, scout 12, disembark 6, and fatal strike something.

Yes?
>>
File: 1395836230585.jpg (53 KB, 300x750) Image search: [Google]
1395836230585.jpg
53 KB, 300x750
So, I'm pretty new to Warhammer 40k/HH, and just started an Imperial Fists army, but I have a question for the Lore Masters here.

I read that the 2nd Company Captain, Camba Diaz was like a buddy cop with Sigismund, and he went to Mars with Sigismund during the Schism of Mars.

Did he die on Mars? I only ask because I know Sigismund went on to Found the Black Templars and Alexis went on to form the Crimson Fists, but nothing is mentioned of Diaz founding a Chapter. I think the only other 2nd Founding Chapter was the Soul Drinkers but I don't think they ever mention who founded them.
>>
>>44632297

Let's not remind everyone that the Soul Drinkers even exist.
>>
>>44632297
We might read more about Camba Diaz in the Mars Civil War book.

Which will come out 5 years from now
>>
File: 5565454654.jpg (770 KB, 1424x1736) Image search: [Google]
5565454654.jpg
770 KB, 1424x1736
>>44632297
>I only ask because I know Sigismund went on to Found the Black Templars and Alexis went on to form the Crimson Fists, but nothing is mentioned of Diaz founding a Chapter.

There are countless second founding chapters that we know nothing of, Diaz could've stayed with Dorn or founded his own chapter, who knows.

As far as canon goes there are 3 second founding chapters, the excoriators, the black templars and the crimson fists, you can make your own if you want.

For whatever reason I want to think this guy kept rising in ranks and eventually got the rights to found his own chapter either by the second or third founding, its something him being given the honour of marking his armor with his personal heraldry that makes me want that.
>>
my brain wants a sicaran

My heart wants a spartan

I already have a storm eagle

Help
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.