[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only played 3 dnd/pth games so far, all ended at like level 7.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Only played 3 dnd/pth games so far, all ended at like level 7.

So, I'm curious how often reaching lvl 20 is and what actually happens after that. No leveling? Multiclassing? Divinity?
>>
Nobody has ever reached level 20 from level 1, anon. I think the world record is 17.
>>
>>44605692
Ok but what if?
>>
>>44605797
Hard to say. My 5e group hit 13 recently and collectively decided that we were too powerful and it was making the game boring. Our plan was just to allow players to keep taking levels in any class they haven't hit 20 in.
>>
>>44605692
If this is true (sauce? Assuming you mean pfs) I can understand it. Current group is at level 12 after 2 years of consistent play. I'm planning on letting them use prestige classes to bridge the gap from 20-25, which is the planned endgame for me (in another two years)
>>
>>44605828
Source: I played pathfinder a couple times
>>
>>44605828
Jesus, 12 levels in 2 years? How often do you guys play? How do you keep things fresh for them without the rush of leveling up? I'm guessing lots of items.
>>
>>44605492
You start playing a good game instead.
>>
>>44605869
We play about once a week, though we uncommonly take a week or two off if multiple players are busy (schedule conflicts due to school and erratic job schedules, we roll with it since we have 3 sessions a week on a 3 campaign rotation so losing one isn't so bad)

Using Mythic rules so they're L12/MythicTier5, so they have 17 "advances" all in all, which helps. I also go out of the way to reward them in nonmechanical ways for pursuing their goals.

Ex) The group just wrote their names into the fabric of the universe and the wizard got a smallish flying fortress. This was the culmination of a month or three of play.
>>
>>44605692
>highest lv so far is lv 12 for anyone in our group

Funny how attached you can get to a character in ten levels.

I figured we just had a tough DM..maybe we aren't the only ones that never reach that magical lv 20.

By lv 10, encounters seem to be either insanely deadly, or simple. Tpks aren't uncommon for us.
>>
>>44605869
It took our group 24 game sessions, to reach lv 11. We had set backs. We spent too much time preparing for some battled. We spent 4 sessions designing our separate castles/towers.

I can't say it wasn't fun. Fuck levels.
>>
>>44606789
BTW, we spent 4 sessions, fluffing our various castles, including staff. Only to get back to the game and die next encounter.

It was a sad day.
>>
The group I'm playing with has been playing weekly for a year and a month and were only lvl 12 when I joined the group, which is still quite fast compared to my previous group who spent two months to go from lvl 1 to lvl 3.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.