[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you roleplay a fighter /tg/? >Pic related is how I fighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Conrad_Kellogg.jpg (203 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Conrad_Kellogg.jpg
203 KB, 1680x1050
How do you roleplay a fighter /tg/?

>Pic related is how I fighter
>>
>Get yourself killed by a vengeful parent

Way to go dude....
>>
File: tumblr_ny39p3wx4k1r4089mo1_500.png (280 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny39p3wx4k1r4089mo1_500.png
280 KB, 500x446
>>44604221
>>
You're intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor?
>>
>>44604221
Since I don't play video games, how does OP roleplay a fighter
>>
>>44604635
Grizzled fighter with a preference for "his" weapon? I'd assume.
>>
>>44604688
Sounds pretty groundbreaking, thanks
>>
>>44604635
Like a sad old man who lets his life get out of control and pays the ultimate price for it.
>>
Fighters are likely the easiest to roleplay, considering they have very little class baggage that dictates things about them, their life or what they've done. They fight things, they are the fighting mans, but there is practically an endless variety of possibilities as to what that means. I mean, more or less literally any character concept that isn't specifically about being some other class fits.

I roleplay my fighters/warriors in a pretty classic way, sometimes in the literal meaning of the word. Or if it's a more down-to-earth campaign, then as taciturn people who form the strong backbone of a group without needing to be loud and stupid about it.

Admittedly, I can be pretty boring about how I play my warriors. But I enjoy it so... eh.
>>
>>44604221
You punk out and die like a bitch when a guy who hasn't been awake for a week yet comes after you?
>>
Like a very aggressive bitch who carries a big sword in order to prove she's equal to men, if not better.

Total bro to the other party members, even if she orders them around quite a lot.
>>
File: 1451569211101.png (331 KB, 676x864) Image search: [Google]
1451569211101.png
331 KB, 676x864
>>44604221
>>
>>44604221
I play them however it fits their personality and history.
Roleplaying all your fighters the same is fucking dumb.
>>
>>44604221
I disintegrated him, so I'm still not sure how I managed to recover his brain to root around in his memories.
>>
File: Teutonic_Knight_A-copy-968x649.jpg (167 KB, 968x649) Image search: [Google]
Teutonic_Knight_A-copy-968x649.jpg
167 KB, 968x649
>>44604221
this is how i lawful evil
>>
So you are a grizzled sad old guy who swears by a code of honor and then fucks himself over by going back on every single one of his morals and promises? Only to become a meat for the grinder for a shadowy organization?
I had no remorse killing him, the guy was a grade A bastard.
>>
>>44604221
My last fighter...
>3.5
We started in the north lands. He was the only child, dead dad, mom was something of a milf. He spent his spare time intimidating the various suitors that came sniffing around.
I rpd him as a bit of a temper having guy who thought everyone wanted to fuck his mom. He threatened shopkeepers, beat up locals when needed. His mom owned the deed to a swath of forest land..which I would go chop by the wagon load, and sale. Thus getting stronger from various encounters. It was actually a lot of fun.
>>
>>44604221
Tough. Fighters should survive pretty much everything. Your goal is not to stop the plan of the enemy with a cunning plan of your own but by being a spanner in the works. You just survive for long enough so that the enemy screws up first.

Had a shadowrun character whos bio read pretty much like joined group - did job - walked away as the only survivor and
sometimes even completed the objective.

His morning breakfast consisted of alcohol and pain pills.
He owned a bulletproof couch and enough weapons in his apartment to fully arm the militia of a small country.
That guy bought bulletproof armors in bulk.
He had also a habit of collecting bullets he removed from his body.

As the villain had cornered the party on a scyscraper he pulled his last trick. He logged into his social network account.

Funny thing about old fighters who pissed of pretty much every corp, government and gang in a 4000 mile radius? If you show up again, everybody sends a goonsquad out. One massive 32-way battle later the team managed to sneak away mourning the poor lethaly wounded fighter. Guess who turned up four weeks later with about 30 new additions to his bullet collection?
>>
>>44607560
I am impressed. Very nice anon.
>>
File: 1443672471547.jpg (72 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1443672471547.jpg
72 KB, 720x540
This is how I fighter. Whiny teenager with daddy issues wielding equipment and powers far beyond him that he doesn't completely understand.

Basically, his dad sold both their souls to the demon of all demons so his son could have ultimate martial potential. This potential is basically just getting possessed by demonic muscle memory and trauma from the souls of other fighters the demon has taken.
>>
Play a Wizard and summon something.
>>
>>44607684
Fighters done by faggot

>>44607560
Fighter done right

>>44607480
Fighter done 'ok'
>>
File: implying.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>44605282
6/10, made me reply
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.