[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/snowflake general/ -- We ask /tg/ if they think ideas are too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Angels_-Matt_Bradbury.jpg (15 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Angels_-Matt_Bradbury.jpg
15 KB, 250x310
Let's argue over whether or not certain ideas are too snowflake. Doesn't matter the system or game, hell maybe even a story you're writing. We'll also pontificate on why snowflake is bad at some point and maybe get derailed by some pointless bickering over a point that no one really gives a damn about.

I'll start:

Is it too special snowflake to make a DA successor chapter that shrugs off the whole "we have to kill traitors because we almost traitors" thing in an attempt to discover and restore the original aims of the Dark Angels Legion? Their reason for doing this is that this chapter's leadership thinks abandoning their original mission was disloyal to the Emps and believes that the only real way to redemption is by fulfilling the original purpose for which they were created, not trying to achieve their own agenda.
>>
>>44604080
Yes. 40k is garbage.
>>
Idea:
A campaign where the players share a gestalt consciousness but also share the same HP and spell slot pool. I. E. One gets damaged and they all get damaged and f one uses a 2nd level spell it's taken from their "pool". The "pool" is made up by adding all of their usual HP and spell slots together.
>>
>>44604138
Not too snowflake. Potentially a mechanical nightmare, though. Try it, get back to us.
>>
>>44604160
I was thinking that if they're linked up like that it means they can use each other's skills when the other cannot. Like the rogue launching a surprise chain lightning at the ambush party while the rest of the party is "watching" this event through the rogue and planning their next attack accordingly.
>>
>>44604138 what
>>44604160
said

That said, I think if you're treating the party kind of like a body. I think the easiest way to do it is use hp of the individual PCs as a way to access the power of the metamind thing -- like full HP, and you can communicate fully with the other parts of the metamind, can tap it or the other parts for strength (for like spell casting/spell like powers), then as damage to the individual grows, you pull back the access that they have to the metamind and the powers it grants. Maybe have some other cases like stress or going berzerk that break the link too.
>>44604198
I think you should avoid having them share skills unless it's at a penalty. Think of it kind of like trying to write with your offhand or your foot.
>>
>>44604198
So I'm guessing that the temporary skill swap would have to be temporary and be willingly given by the character? Otherwise you'd have a bunch of feat stealing and shit going on. Also, skill checks are going to be a bitch to differentiate between mental shared skills and physical non-shared skills and feats.
>>
>>44604235
Sharing skills at a penalty would make sense. At minimum it would be a assisted check.
>>
File: 1451506970187.jpg (161 KB, 941x776) Image search: [Google]
1451506970187.jpg
161 KB, 941x776
>>44604080
A chapter master somehow ends up with a Warrant of Trade.
>>
>>44604277
depends a lot on the kind of game you're playing. and I dunno how far out that actually is, haven't there been inquisitors who got WoT?
>>
>>44604080
>We'll also pontificate on why snowflake is bad at some point and maybe get derailed by some pointless bickering over a point that no one really gives a damn about.
That's like every thread on /tg/, though.
>>
>>44604398
>That's like every thread on /tg/, though.
It's nice to set the proper expectation though.
>>
>>44604277
Chapter Master already has all the benefits of WoT without many of it's drawbacks simply by having his position. So, possible, but makes no sense.
>>
File: oldda.jpg (113 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
oldda.jpg
113 KB, 700x700
>>44604080
Considering the Unforgiven Chapters answer directly to Azrael, it's not likely that any of the successor chapter's inner circle would abandon hunting the fallen. The Angels of Absolution believe they are not subject to the sins of the fathers, but they still cooperate in the hunt.

Also, for the most part, only the first company of any of the Unforgiven chapters have any idea about the true details of the hunt in the first place.
>>
>>44604872
They can't tell him to fuck off?
>>
>>44604080
A Space Marine Order of Samurai.

Seriously, I'm planning on doing this. Even got my hands on Bushi shoulder guards off puppetswar.

They're color-scheme will be white, with black shins, trims and faces.
>>
>>44605514
*their.

It's late in Europe, don't judge me for typos,
>>
>>44605233

They could potentially do so, but none of them do, for one reason or another.
>>
>>44605514
Mantis Warriors?
>>
>>44604080
That's more or less the Angels of Vengeance + Angels of Absolution, OP.

Also
>not avenging your Primarch's untimely "death"

Just turn over your geneseed for a forensic analysis and jog along, mongrel.
>>
>>44605628
Wasn't their schtick, that they're actually just tacticool Marines?
>>
>>44605668
Isn't that Raptors?
>>
>>44605702
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Mantis_Warriors

There you go. They remind me of the Raven Guard too much.
Also, their colors suck.
>>
>>44604277

agree with this anon: >>44604730
it's probably going to get locked up in librarium somewhere and, if chapter in question is politically-savvy, used as a barganing chip or gifted to individuals deemed worthy.
make a blood raven reference and I'll wreck you
>>
>>44604872
Theoretically they could end up like the Angels of Vigilance, that are pretty obviously DA successors but don't maintain an Inner Circle and are probably distant from their cousins.

Is it snowflakey to have a paladin continue to believe in his dead god so much, that the evil actions he goes to to bring his god back actually affect the god and turn it evil where before it was good?
>>
Hey /tg/, would you a-OK a Raven Guard game, with all the gene-seed deficiencies in terms of additional organs and appearance, but who ended up with blue eyes because lolmutation or is it too tacky?
Seeing they receive gene-seed from Terra, it's probably not impossible, is it?
>>
Different setting snowflake:

A Bard who is in love with the Goddess of Art/Music/Creativity/Whatever. He is utterly chaste towards mortal women, and generally acts more like a Cleric of the Muse.
>>
>>44606501
It's...not really snowflakey, but I would have to ask why you want blue eyes so badly.

>>44606693
Not snowflakey, especially if she won't return his affections until he's level 20 or something. Just don't make it so that he's got the eye of a goddess at level 1.
>>
A character starting out with the same levels as the group, just in commoner and a slightly larger budget for gear with the goal of either becoming partially competent or at the very least not as useless.
>>
>>44606823
I wouldn't say snowflakey. People seem to be confusing "snowflake" with "creative character idea."

However, I do have a special snowflake PC in a campaign I'm in.

He's a CN/CE human druid who is literally insane. He claims to once have been a wooden doorknob, he commits human sacrifice, he has no explanation as to why he's a druid, he's part of some bizarre cult of which he is a self professed prophet, and he absolutely refused to start the game connected to anyone else.

This is in what was supposed to be a campy, classic, heroic campaign. I've warned him that if he runs around doing evil stuff he's just going to have to reroll.
>>
>>44606735
well, since it's anonymous forums I can admit without shame just to be special and unique. I know it's shallow and vain, anon.
This, and to piss off apothecaries, especially DA ones with their Fallen paranoia.
>>
>>44607731
If you want to, I guess you can go for it. I'd fluff it to be something like the purple eyes of Cadia though.
>>
>>44607840
that it's caused by reflecting the light of the eye of chaos?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.