[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll be starting a new adventure soon, and it will be very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: Mimic_Dark_Souls.jpg (64 KB, 861x558) Image search: [Google]
Mimic_Dark_Souls.jpg
64 KB, 861x558
I'll be starting a new adventure soon, and it will be very Mimic heavy. Would anyone be so kind as to post their best Mimic pictures and ideas? I would really like that spider that looks like a woman crawling around and calling for help.

Much obliged!
>>
>>44581666
so your warned, that campaign will devolve into the murderhoboest fucking thing ever. Too many mimics leads the party to never trust anything or anyone and just burn shit down and sift the ashes for loot
>>
>>
File: 1415660135581.jpg (90 KB, 976x818) Image search: [Google]
1415660135581.jpg
90 KB, 976x818
>>
>>44581666
>the room is a mimic
>the dungeon is a mimic
>the adventure is a mimic
>>
>>44581666
A mimic parasite ring that will alter the wizards spells to sometimes target the other partymembers

He will eventually get some hints like his hand becoming numb or dreams of leeches
>>
File: 1348146384012.jpg (76 KB, 550x571) Image search: [Google]
1348146384012.jpg
76 KB, 550x571
>>
>>44581950
>so your warned, that campaign will devolve into the murderhoboest fucking thing ever. Too many mimics leads the party to never trust anything or anyone and just burn shit down and sift the ashes for loot
came here to post this
>>
>>44581666
Your idea is garbage.
>>
>>44581950
>The party just burns shit down and sifts the ashes for loot
>The ashes are a mimic colony
>>
>>44581666
I don't understand why people in this thread care so much about mimics. I mean, they're not real and checking everyday items to make sure they're not a mimic makes you look paranoid. Really guys, give it a break.
>>
>>44581950
>>44582236
Thirding for emphasis. Games like these are a major cause of typical PC paranoia.
>>
>>44582453
Mimic detected
>>
Mimic mimic.

At first, they mimic something, but once shown to fight, it looks like it's potent to one type of damage, but it's actually most resistant to.

Paper mimic is actually iron ingot or some metal with high melting temperature mimic or some shit like that.
>>
>>44581666
Mimics inside of mimics.
You come across a plain wooden chest in the dungeon. A foolish member of the party opens it and is promptly devoured by the mimic.
After you have slain the chest-shaped creature you find a box within it, ornated with carvings and shining gems. You open it and the mimic bites of your hand.
Among it's possesions is a small box, just big enough to hold a single ring. Why you just opened it is beyond me, but the baby mimic certainly appreciates your tasty finger.

Or a mimic mimic, a creature that hunts other mimics. It has a tentacle like apendage that can morph into a humanoid creature. Usually adorned in dead adventurer's gear, the figure walks into the traps of other mimics. While they are busy chewing on the hard flesh, the main body attacks and devours the mimic.
>>
>>44581666
If you're gonna do this, put some actual effort into it.

Call of Cuthulu style vampires.
They blend into society. They look human, but they're really, really not.

A woman who stands at the edge of the ocean or a large lake. It's actually the tongue of a giant fish.

Spirit leeches. The mimic doesn't attack, instead it keeps pretending to be its cover. Over time it drains whatever the intelligence stat is in your system. Don't tell the character, apply a negative modifier in secret. Give them hints like "you feel kinda foggy" "it's hard to concentrate" "something doesn't seem to make sense"

Do not do: Chest mimics more than once per "dungeon"
Room mimics more than once.
>>
>>44581666
Guys what is a mimic? I mean i get the idea, but what exactly is it.
Can someone copypaste the official description from somewhere?
Are all mimics feral?
Do they have intelligence?
Is it possible to control/tame one?
>>
>>44584259
A mimic is just something that pretends to be something else as a lure.
The rest depends on your setting
>>
>>44584582
Soooooooo
Could a party member.....?
>>
File: nopenopenope.png (171 KB, 474x245) Image search: [Google]
nopenopenope.png
171 KB, 474x245
>>44584598
Don't you dare anon
>>
>>44584598
Definitely!

http://rustyandco.com/
>>
>>44581666
Satan the deceiver, eh?

Is there a surefire way to recognize mimics, like True Sight?
>>
File: Shapeshifters.png (107 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
Shapeshifters.png
107 KB, 212x300
>>44584598
>>
File: The-Thing.jpg (46 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
The-Thing.jpg
46 KB, 600x298
>>44584582
>>44584598
not like changelings but more like
>pic related
>>
>>44581979
fucking terrifying
>>
>>44584598
A mimic is by definition not a human, because the lure part is part of it's nature, and humans don't have it.
A mimic can pretend to be a human of course, but actually mimicking social behaviour to the point where you can talk to humans and they don't get suspicious is quite a stretch.
>>
>>44584770
see>>44584700
>>
>>44584791
I have not watched that movie anon
>>
>>44584797
You should. It's a classic.
>>
>>44581666
The outhouse mimic. This mimic has learned that if it digs a hole and becomes a tall wooden box with a seat humans will come to be eaten. May use hole to bury remains
The house mimic. This mimic is old large and tends to stay put for a while, when a worthwhile meal comes by (lots of people or someone hiding from others) it eats them.
The bridge mimics. This mimic team pretend to be short bridges with the aim of stranding food for later as they feed on those who they sent falling to their doom.
Mimictree. Just a bad pun, ignore it.
>>
>>44581666
Sounds like a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>44584913
Gazebo was actually a mimic.
>>
>>44584957
Good job they ran away/killed it in most storys.
>>
>>44581990
>Conceptual mimics.

This is how the age of humans came to a close.
>>
Players walk through a field and see a mountain in the distance.

Then the mountain moves and eats one of the players.

It was actually a mimic that used perspective to trick people into thinking it was very far away.
>>
>>44584797
>>44584829
I haven't either but you'll know what it's about if you just google it.
It really is a classic.
>>
somebody post the coin bugs from dungeon meshi.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.