[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCP Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
New GM here. I want to run a SCP game with a crime thriller atmosphere and an emphasis on balanced investigation and relatively easy combat mechanics. Preferably rules-lite, but taking all suggestions.
>>
Joints and Jivers
>>
>>44579514
Gumshoe would probably work well for you, OP. It's literally designed for investigative games.
>>
>>44579514
If you wanted to go super rules light, something like this might be up your alley: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/241167.html
>>
File: 250055.jpg (33 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
250055.jpg
33 KB, 500x334
>>44579585
I like the idea of the whole thing, but is there a way this can be stretched out to multiple sessions with a proper outcome that can be achieved provided everyone takes steps to survive?
>>
>>44579514
SCP is a shithead magnet. Play DG, Kult, UA, or Wild Talents instead. Those settings are pretty good and equally or more surreal.
>>
>>44579514
I'd been wanting to tweak Call of Cthulhu around this for ages but then everyone I suggested this to called me crazy and I'm kind of lazy
>>
>>44580345
>SCP is a shithead magnet.
>recommends Wild Talents

Anon, pls...
>>
>>44579514
Something you could do is have the players be part of Groups of interest instead of the SCP Foundation. I personally find the GOC to be fascinating in it's nature. Here is the link http://www.scp-wiki.net/goc-hub-page
>>
Call of Cthulhu if the atmosphere is the most important thing

GURPS-liite if you want to stat each SCP in detail

FATE if GURPS is not rules-light enough
>>
>>44586573
Yeah, some FATE variant would probably do the job OK. Especially if the Anomalies don't need to give a rat's ass about the rules.
>>
Call of Cthulu seems like it'd be a good system to run off of. Just fuck around with the sanity system a bit.
Make it hard to go crazy.
I mean you work with world ending monsters on a daily bases. Ya dig?
>>
>>44579569
But Gumshoe is absolute dogshit.

OP wants Unknown Armies or Twilight 2013.

If you want some of the best modern paranormal mechanics out there, you want UA. If you want to shoot shit and have fun doing so, you want Twilight 2013.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.