[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: thanksmaro.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thanksmaro.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
It's fucking dead edition.

What're you anons:

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Hating on at your LGS?
>Hoping for from OGW to contribute to your decks?
>>
I'm playing 4 color rally right now

I'm gonna fit that infinite damage combo with the new eldrazi guy into the deck if it kills me
>>
File: 1372959587326.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1372959587326.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
I'm gonna bring my low-budget R/U Thopter spam deck down to my LGS later this week and give it a shot. Shame I have to take out Muzzio though since my store is pretty anal about sets, he's won me some games in casual play
>>
>>44578119
>Playing?
Mono-red aggro
>Brewing?
Not sure yet. Waiting for more OGW spoilers
>Hating on at your LGS?
Nothing, my LGS is pretty diverse with weird brews. I'm lucky
RU spellslinging
>>
What are the cheesiest decks you guys can think of that involve the meme rhino?
>>
File: GU ramp.jpg (25 KB, 579x234) Image search: [Google]
GU ramp.jpg
25 KB, 579x234
I'm brewing this to bring at my LGS. It's a budget deck so no Ugin.

What do you think ?
>>
exclusively modern player here. home for winter break and the lgs does mostly standard. I want to play mtg more than 1 night per week so I need a standard deck, but I don't want to drop a ton of cash on a format I don't care that much about. I have a playset of all the khans fetches except mires and a playset of cinder glades and that's about it as far as expensive standard stuff. What do I build?
>>
>>44584590
Aristocrats. You seem to have the money
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (124 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
124 KB, 223x311
>>44583460
Our LGS has one guy running Bring to Rhino. With Clever Impersonator for more Rhino.
>>
>>44578119
>Playing?
Stall combo...
Jeskai ascendancy and Noyan Dar
It's so bad, but it wins... somehow.

>Brewing?
Hedron Alignment has my name on it.

>Hating on at your LGS?
Nothing.
I make other players hate me.
Why would I need to hate others?

I wanted something incredibly stupid to build around, got it spoiled.
Now I just want my fogs back.
Never gonna happen.
>>
Brewing a b/w rally lifedrain deck, need some opinions as i am new to standard. Is it ok? Should i change it?

4x Expidition Envoy
2x Duress
2x Valorous Stance
4x Kalastria Healer
4x Serene Steward
4x Zulaport Cutthroat
1x Ultimate Price
3x Dranas Emissary
1x Lantern Scout
1x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
1x Stasis Snare
1x Ruinous Path
1x Brutal Horde chief
3x Bloodbond Vampire
2x Gideon
1x Sorin
1x Ob Nixilis
1x March from the Tomb
8x Plains
4x Swamps
2x Evolving Wilds
1x Blighted Steppe
1x Cave of Koilos
2x Tainted Field
1x Shambling Vent
4x Ally Encampment

Ive considered swapping ultimate price for Utter End, swapping Ob for another Sorin and possibily trading am emissary for another Drana so far.
>>
>>44578119

>Playing
Temur black smash
>Brewing
Nyaa super friends
>Hating on LGS
Nope. I love my store still. I've been going there since Scars and I'm one of the few since then.
>Hoping for from OGW to contribute to your decks
I'd like to see something replace my knuckle blades when they rotate or a good 5 drop dragon to replace Stormbreath.
>>
File: OJ91ogm.jpg (25 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
OJ91ogm.jpg
25 KB, 375x523
Fuck fetch lands, fuck meme rhino, fuck Anafenza, fuck what khans did to standard. Cant wait for that shit to rotate out.

Make Standard Great Again
>>
>>44578119
>Playing?

Cube draft. I hate what BfZ did to Standard.
>>
>>44587912

I would fucking kill to get decks back to max two colors again.
>>
>>44586629
Looks like you couldn't decide between a midrange or an aggro deck.

If you want to go the aggro path get rid of Sorin, Ob and the Bloodbound Vampires to get 3 more Lantern scout, a March from the Tomb and another Drana.

If you want to go the more Midrange route try splashing in some Green to play Siege Rhino, Abzan charm and Dromoka's Command.
>>
>>44578119
>Playing?
WB allies/lifedrain

>Hating on at your LGS?
Ugin.

Well, they already previewed that w/b vampire ally that turns life gain into life drain, so.
>>
I played Abzan Aristocrats until the bans and leak-bawwwwwing, literally selling out now.
>>
>>44587912
Tarkir had some individually really need cards and ideas but holy fuck do I hate environments where every deck just plays however many colors they want with no consequences. I can't wait for two color decks to be the norm again.
>>
Is the Blue Artifact deck worth a try ? I heard it does quite well.
>>
>>44588074

The worst part is how all the really good mana-fixing lands are always fucking rare, even in formats where literally everyone needs them. This is the most expensive Standard has EVER been.
>>
>>44588242
It's the most expensive standard, and the least varied standard. Abzan is at 29% of top 8s right now. RTR/THS UWx and mono B never managed that. Hell, mono B was at like 16% when people were calling it a problem deck.
>>
>>44588114
What artifact deck ?
>>
I just want another Phyrexia block.

I fucking hate what khans did and it makes me sad return toi zendikar did next to nothing.
>>
>>44588323
I feel the same way about demons. Hopefully with Ob out and about he'll make them relevant again.
I'm tired of vampires being the face of black.
>>
>>44588323
I want alternate casting costs back.
>>
>>44588348
>I'm tired of vampires being the face of black.
Well they weren't in Khans barring Sorin's interference. They weren't in Theros. They were in RTR but now you're going back a bit far for a creature type you're saying is the face of black.
>>
>>44588398
I guess it's just because I dislike BfZ.
It feels like it's dragging on because I just don't care.
>>
>>44588315
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-01-15-colorless-standard/

This
>>
>>44588421
You and me both. This is the least interest I've had in the game since I started in Avacyn Restored.
>>
>>44588519
it's fucking hard to care when Gideon is the only sympathetic character and Ob is the only interesting one.
Nissa sucks, Kiora's an idiot, Chandra didn't even appear, and Jace is Blue.
>>
>>44588515
This isn't a real deck. Tappout is shit for actual competitive decks.

That being said, yes this deck is "playable" but I wouldn't expect to actually win any tournaments
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.