[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How "Blue Collar" are your adventurers? Are they heroic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How "Blue Collar" are your adventurers? Are they heroic heroes with a heroic destiny? or is adventuring just their job? Have sword and sorcery will travel?

Have your heroes incorporated? LLC? Partnership? Sole Proprietor
>>
>>44561329
More like carnies. Paid to do a job on the expectation that they'll leave, as half the party has a tendency to take enthusiastic walks if we stay anywhere too long. Add in a little bit of freelance enterprise when times are tough and we aren't welcome anywhere for long.
>>
File: 3578679-7078526163-aluca.jpg (34 KB, 499x401) Image search: [Google]
3578679-7078526163-aluca.jpg
34 KB, 499x401
>>44561368
Very enthusiastic walks? Through the woods maybe?
>>
>>44561329
Typically, they work on the presumption that anyone important enough to have class levels is a heroic hero with a heroic destiny. You don't get to be even something relatively piss-weak without being infinitely more important and badass than Joe the shit-covered farmer. Even the villains get heroic destiny treatment if they're a magical species or have class levels.
>>
>>44561627
So no trouble from Ragnar the level 15 Spellbreaker fighter and union tough guy?
>>
>>44561434
Woods, parks, high rent hotels in Brazil. You know, the usual.
>>
>>44561434
>>44562244
Oh, and we did (sorta) pull off a black lagoon chopper kill. So I guess we have very enthusiastic fishing trips too.
>>
>>44561329
Given that they're basically a professional space salvage team with an occasional predilection for under-the-table jobs of varying legality?

Pretty blue collar, I would say.
>>
>>44562270
This is a slow thread and I like this story, so here
>be playing nWoD, tongue in cheek supernatural shenanigans game.
>party consists of 2 in the know humans(not hunters cause no one had the source book), a very weak mage, and a wolfsblooded.
>these characters had started off based on us, for a short zombie arc, so all characters are late 20s and exmilitary.
>we've clued in to vampires, ghouls, zombies, and a werewolf already.
>after we put down the werewolf we realized we should disappear before the rest of its pack comes hunting us.
>so we decide on a trip from Atlanta to anchorage, by way of the Caribbean.
>we charter a blue water fishing boat(we want a marlin) and we're off.
>the mage and the wolf boy decide, on their own, and without checking the books, that we don't have enough money.
>they steal an AT-4 and smuggle it onto the boat.
>off the coast of Cuba, they inform us and the captain that we are now in the freelance acquisitions business, as they hold a Cuban cargo ship hostage.
>the Cubans try to call their bluff while we're still debating this, and long story short our resident canine sends a couple million dollars worth of rum and cigars to the bottom of the sea.
>the Cuban government, understandably upset, scrambles an attack helicopter after us.
>several absurd near misses later, the captain's dead, the mage is in shock, and we're running out of ideas.
>then we see it.
>a mangrove tunnel, with a sandbar in front of it.
>several lucky dice rolls later, the front half of the boat is a crumpled mess, but the engine smashes right through the cockpit of the chopper, killing both pilots.
>our GM is completely winging it at this point, so he rolls scatter dice for where it crashes.
>Wouldn't you know it, the damn thing hits right in front of us, tossing all 4 of us into a riptide
>we eventually float to Haiti, where voodoo messes end up getting us all cursed with "Interesting Times"

So yes, enthusiastic fishing trips.
>>
>>44561329
last time we played WHFRP... all of them was part of the same regiment of Imperial Army, who were conscripted by a local lord to fight Archaons invasion during the Storm of Chaos event. Before they could even see fighting, Archaon has been headbutted by Grimgor, invasion defeated and the regiment disbanded.

They went back home but they found out theyhave nothing to return to or that life back home is even more shitty than before conscription, so they call the old band back and go adventuring to the war desroyed empire countryside, trying to earn some gold and to act like selfish pricks, but usually failing miserabbly and accidentaly helping the other people unintentionaly.
>>
>>44561329
Maybe it's a lifetime of too much anime and video games, but I always craft settings wherein my players are only bit players.

The most powerful my players tend to be able to become is "altered the tide" of events set in progress by NPCs.

They don't get to rule France, and they don't get to kill Hitler, but they *can* be the deciding factor in the invasion of Normandy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.