[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorcerer vs. Warlock vs. Wizard vs. Bard vs. Druid vs. Necromancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: magic-wizard-cube.png (1022 KB, 850x621) Image search: [Google]
magic-wizard-cube.png
1022 KB, 850x621
Sorcerer vs. Warlock vs. Wizard vs. Bard vs. Druid vs. Necromancer

Which is your favorite caster and why?
>>
>>44561143
Druids gotta be my favorite

>Polymorph like it's my job
>>
>>44561143
you forgot about clerics & paladins
>>
Whatever gives me access to Prestidigitation.
>>
>>44561143
Battlemage

why the fuck won't casters wear armor? We all know the only reason is for the sake of balance, but in reality there is no excuse
Bamboozled
>>
>>44561143
sorcerer, especially in dnd 4e

Raw magical force, subtlety is for the weak
>>
File: Libera.600.1464518.jpg (54 KB, 513x600) Image search: [Google]
Libera.600.1464518.jpg
54 KB, 513x600
>>44561143
Clerics
>>
Warlock, because who else gambles, wears animal pelts, swears, is rough as fuck and fires magic without being able to explain it?
>>
>>44561523
Depends on the setting, but usually wizards need to do precise motions to cast spells, and heavy armor might get in the way.
Which is why warlocks, sorcerers and the likes tend to wear at least leather.
>>
Druids. No other caster can run into a spider at will up to more hours I a day per day.
>>
Warlock or Necromancer. Generally the caster with a gimmick. Relying more on minions, which is a given on necromancer and sometimes on warlock. Because having minions is awesome.
>>
>>44561895
This
>>
noob here

how many spells are you allowed to cast?

arent clerics casters too? or are they more geared towards combat?
>>
>>44561143
Objective list on why Bards are best.

Bards get any Wrench they want.
Warlocks get Succubi.
Wizards and Sorcerers get "water" elementals.
Clerics are celibate.
Druids are furies.
Necromancers... No point.
>>
File: wizard design.jpg (776 KB, 1267x1641) Image search: [Google]
wizard design.jpg
776 KB, 1267x1641
>>44561523
Many casters do wear armor clerics do, paladins do most BBEG guys wear hug scary armos while still casting spells easy.

As for the question usually because they usually they are physically frail old people that spent many years doing nothing but reading books they are physically not fit enough. Do you have any clue how tiring it is to wear armor?

You makes about as much sense as "Why do people use swords when you can have magic instead?"
>>
>>44561857
that's sensible and makes sense on those settings, wearing leather or lighter armor to get better movement than with a heavier kind of armor, but wearing robes only seems asinine

>>44561979
>they are usually physically frail
not necessarily and not always, seems like a shit excuse for ANY wizard not to be able to wear armor
>>
>>44562022
>>not necessarily and not always, seems like a shit excuse for ANY wizard not to be able to wear armor
Well you asked a stupid question you get a stupid answer.
>>
Wizards are cool and all, but I prefer warlocks and clerics, I like the idea of stealing/being bestowed great power by some unfathomable entity and having to work to keep having said power. At least for the sake of playing RPGs
>>
File: Sune.jpg (65 KB, 400x596) Image search: [Google]
Sune.jpg
65 KB, 400x596
>>44561975
>clerics are celibate
Depends on the setting, jackass.
>>
>>44561143
Sorcerer, because Conan.

Conan never fought no pussy ass bard.
>>
>>44561975
>Not being a necromancer
>Not getting history's Hottest 100
>The extra holes just make it hotter.
>>
>>44561143

I love the lore of the Warlock and Necromancer. Spooky scary evil stuff, but it's a shame that mechanically, they're kind of crap. You sold your immortal soul for power and some shit-thick moron can still do more damage than you can.

Sorcerers seem cool, but I've never tried them so can't talk.

I like pure wizards, purely because you can nudge them to be pretty much anything and that they're consistently effective.
>>
>>44561523
I can't speak in general, but my mage wears robes because she's poor and can't afford good armor

if you were to apply that to a major scale thing, I'd say unless you sell your services as a spellcaster, healer, alchemist or scroll writer, spending most of your time studying away from society isn't exactly an activity that pays the bills
>>
>>44561975
>Clerics are celibate.
The Clerics of Calistria laugh at you because they get more than a bard does.
>>
I like Warlocks and Sorcerers because I want to play magic characters, but I'm dumb so I'd feel bad if I roleplayed a wizard.
I don't know why, I might be autistic.
>>
>>44561143
>Necromancer
Because I like some skellingtons and other undead to accompany me.
>>
>>44563920
Skeletons don't sound like good company.
>>
>>44561816
>because who else gambles, wears animal pelts, swears, is rough as fuck and fires magic without being able to explain it?
Druids. Sorcerers.
>>
>>44564021
one's been with you your whole life, supporting you, never letting you down, and this is your response?

sickening.
>>
>>44561143
>Druid!
gotta love giving myself buffs then smacking people around with a club and periodically calling lighting down from the sky and getting stray cats to like my taint :D
>>
File: 1438378086864.jpg (15 KB, 636x571) Image search: [Google]
1438378086864.jpg
15 KB, 636x571
>>44565854
*lick
but i guess they might like it too....
>>
If we are talking dnd 3.0-PF then I would probably choose either Sorceror or Warlock.

>Sorc
Magic is part of your blood which allows for cool lineage side quests and stuff. Yes you're limited spell wise but that's never bugged me. Also less learning involved.

>Warlock
Yes you're extremely limited in what you have access to but its all unlimited. Don't mind the potential edginess. Also my favorite character I ever played was a changling warlock in a social Eberron campaign so I've got good memories associated with it.
>>
In general, I like sorcerers and warlocks now.
Sorcerers because I like the idea of magic being somewhat innate in people, tied to bloodlines to give extra flavor to what you can do, and the like.
Warlocks because of the similar point of power being tied to some magical being that you take your power from, and I like how making such bargains means for worldbuilding or backstory.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.