[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Bowl Generals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: tgleague.png (6 KB, 249x252) Image search: [Google]
tgleague.png
6 KB, 249x252
last thread >>44493390

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm

A more colourful version of the latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, currently in Round 6:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
Announcement and RULES:
http://pastebin.com/9St1yYU7

Play offs are finally happening edition

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

-------
Ladies and Gentlemen, the very first game of the /tg/ Blood Bowl Play-Offs will be starting today at 6pm fumbbl server time.

Watch as the Animeted Clothing go against Pharaohs of Funk. With Chaos Dwarf v Khemri there is bound to be some skulls getting crushed.
>>
Dude who was working on Brets, High Elves, and Lizardmen for Blood Bowl Team Manager here, need ideas on star players
>>
Tonight is a double feature night.
After Animeted Clothing and Pharaos of Funk killed each other on the pitch (There will probably some waiting time because of all the blood on there)
We have Quickslithers dukeing it out with the Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea.
The coach of the Werewolf's said that he has a nasty surprise for his opponent.
>>
So... are you not just supposed to play with AI teams when starting out? I mean at Medium Difficulty their players already have 16SPP and learned skills.
>>
>>44561408
the ai teams get extra spp so they can keep up with the real player or it would be too easy for you.
>>
So, what should I bring to new league? Underworld of Khemri?
>>
Can we do away with this >lizards are balanced meme

>make a new Orc team in cabal league in BB2
>first game against tv 1080 lizards (all they have is a pomb sauras and +ma skink)
>End game with 1 dead thrower, 2 dead line orcs, 1 dead blitzer, 1 badly hurt black orc, and 1 miss next game black orc
>>
>>44562592

Can you please sop posting this every thread? It's so obvious it's just you too, since you always misspell saurus the same way.
>>
>>44562640
Actually a different guy than the one who normally posts it
>>
>>44562648

Then at least learn to spell saurus, will you?
>>
>>44562592
That isn't Lizards, that is just really lucky armor breaks. Also that isn't even a good Saurus. no block = shit.
>>
>>44562592
>End game with 1 dead thrower, 2 dead line orcs, 1 dead blitzer, 1 badly hurt black orc, and 1 miss next game black orc
you seem to be a shit coach
>>
>>44562715
Half the turns in the game I only gave up a blitz and had no saurus marked. It's an AV9 team. In 25 games with humans I haven't had any injuries beyond a MNG to anyone other than linemen. It's bullshit when 3 turns in a row his blitz kills a dude.
>>
>>44562765
That is just the dice, not lizards.
>>
>>44562803
Dice aren't even this bullshit vs chaos. I was able to play a dorf team and give up 61 blocks and not suffer a single injury and win with humans. It's lizards. This shit always happens with lizards. What's the most effective way to build a chaos kill team to destroy lizards? Doesn't need to be good at anything else, just ruining lizard teams.
>>
>>44562846
>lizard are op because they throw better dice
>>
>>44562889
Dude, the guy literally admitted it is copypasta and you are still replying to him
>>
>>44562846
>waaaaaaah
You would be better off just not playing Blood Bowl if you can't handle getting diced every once in awhile.
>>
>>44562889
>>44562906
Yea, and my solution is to make a kill team specifically for lizards. How should I do it? I guess nurgle would be better with the FA and tentacles, but how can I make a chaos team where I can remove skinks and stat bust/kill sauri?
>>
>>44562973

Do you really need help with this? Isn't it extremely obvious what skills you want to deal with lizardmen as high TV Chaos?

I think you might be retarded
>>
>>44563009
I want to do it at low TV. Everyone at high TV has claw pomb. I want to be able to ruin teams at like 1500 tv
>>
>>44563053
You just do the same thing. Making a kill team takes time.
>>
>>44563053
>>44563082

This, you're not going to be ruining anybody as 1500 TV Chaos.
>>
>>44563092
What if I only run 4 CWs and 2 beasts and use journeymen for the rest?
>>
>>44563111

Then that means you have no clue how TV works, and you still need to learn how to play the game.
>>
>>44563133
It will set my TV for match making way way down and let me spin vs lower teams
>>
>>44563151
You still have to get those 6 players to higher TV.
>>
>>44563169
>make chaos team
>purposely bloat TV
>get concessions
>trim team down to like 6 players
>claw pomb sauri

Maybe chaos dorfs would be better but they aren't in the game yet
>>
>>44563200
You still have to reach high TV first, and having 5 loners will result in you complaining about always rolling both downs.
>>
>>44563053
you play a 1200 tv underworld were only your storm vermin and troll have leveled up
>>
>>44560956
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=806327
And we are off.
>>
>>44561263
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=806341
Game 2 has begun, tune in now!.
>>
>>44563429
>>44564161
And both of these games end with a score of 3-0. Will the other two end the same way?
>>
4 and 20 saurus came down from Xaupotec
>>
>>44567335
After the match was over the elf team was a wreck
>>
>>44567335
>>44567414
I swear to god if I hear that again im going to stab something.
>>
Sage is doing damage control on r blood bowl. claimming the Saurus aren't op and that the lizards don't need a nerf
>>
File: 1410534278639.jpg (122 KB, 1024x781) Image search: [Google]
1410534278639.jpg
122 KB, 1024x781
>>44567456
Do I hear an encore?
>>
>>44567464
>Being on reddit
>>
>>44567456
Serves you right for playing Lizbians
I never get tired of hearing Jim call my elves smug twats
>>
Because we know you all were wondering, 16 Shades of Green will be playing against One Night Rack on Friday, at 12pm server time.

They met in the regular season, with a 1-1 draw, but there must be a winner this time around. Will 16 be greater than One, as the math suggests? Or will The Poundinator ignore the numbers and add to his impressive list of casualties?

Tune in to find out!
>>
So are GW actually bringing blood bowl back?
>>
>>44568428
yeah
>>
File: newbowl.png (141 KB, 425x229) Image search: [Google]
newbowl.png
141 KB, 425x229
>>44568428
looks like 32
>>
>>44568624
looks like 32mm bases so expect 40mm square pitches.
>>
46th for foulable skink thighs
>>
>>44568945
Nuffle plz kill this skink.
>>
>>44563429
>>44564161

You bastards and your weird schedules, I want to watch.
>>
>>44569063

Move to Europe.
>>
>>44568644
>40mm square pitches
my team will look tiny on that pitch with their 25mm bases. but this gives some space for the ball and markers (prone/stun/no zone etc.)
>>
>>44568945
I have never seen something I want to kill more
>>
>>44568945
Proof tackle is the most overlooked skill in the game

Seriously forget PO
Block, tackle and MB is all you need
>>
Why are skaven such a shitty team?

Is it a joke tier team or somthing?
>>
>>44568945
On day, you'll post how he died. I await that day patiently.
>>
>>44569781

>Skaven

>Bad

Ayy
>>
>>44568066

Before that, we have the Dead Doornails matched against the Ashenvale Leaves at 0:00 server time Thursday.

Will there or won't there be a dead Wardancer? At this point it's all anyone cares about! Watch, and find out!
>>
>>44569908
my moneys on a GFI
>>
File: 1334445192041.jpg (92 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1334445192041.jpg
92 KB, 500x355
>Watch a few BB2 videos
>Pick it up on sale
>Try a few games, virtually no new players
>All 30 something autistic virgins
>Went over the 2 hour refund limit

Fun
>>
>>44570261
How many times are you going to be buying it and posting your impressions over and over?
>>
2 games in a row I played as humans vs dorfs and in both games the dorfs scored on my drive but because of attrition I was able to take the ball off of them 2 times in the second half and score twice for the win.

I think I should play defense all the time vs dorfs instead of offense
>>
>>44570566
This post is extremely backwards.
>>
>keep throwing peasants at big guys to keep them trapped
>every game, I have all my peasants ok (knocked out at worst) and maybe 1 yeoman badly hurt
Being french must make you durable
>>
Now that I'm playing a non-elf team skaven are annoying

They are too fast and for some reason their av7 gutter runners never have a pucci break now matter how many times I hit them.
I know once their off the pitch I have seriously crippled the team but it doesn't seem as easy as the stats make it seem
>>
>>44570607
Both games I was 100+tv up vs 2 different dorf teams who had death rollers and took bribes. First game was my fault tried to throw a quick 2 turn td and fucked it up. He scored turn 8 I got a lucky kick to the back of the endzone took the ball off him before he could form his cage pomb'd his troll slayers till they died a bunch of long beards can't deal with an ogre alone and I knocked him down to 7 or 8 players in rout to winning

second verse same as the first. Got a really shitty kick result so it was just behind my line. spend 3-4 turns fighting over it. He takes it, idiot scores turn 7, no more bribe, pomb a long beard out he loses his death roller, end up killing a troll slayer and knocking another dude out, win the game because he is down to 8 dorfs and can't form his cage

I try playing as orcs and I suffer 4 deaths, like for actual dead players and a mng. I play as humans no one gets injured until like turn 15 and by then it is just a badly hurt lineman
>>
>>44570050

Tune in on Thursday, 0:00 server time for the 3rd match of the playoffs:

Ashenvale Leaves vs Dead Doornails!

Will we see the everlasting bloodshed of wardancers as we witnessed two of their deaths prior in this season at the Leaves? Will the Doornails keep their pace up and smash some elves? And the more important question: Will Tiny Tibby go on a killing spree and snap some necks again?

Tune in LIVE on FUMBBL's Cabal TV on Thursday 0:00 server time!
>>
>Playing vs skaven
>>
Omfg Halfings are so op
Stunty dodge and so cheep, can fly like rockets and score when ever they want. wtf you don't even need 2 tree men, they just win you the game

Can't wait till bb2 becomes the shire supremacy, demanding my gabe dollars back
>>
>>44570834
I love the sound of skaven when they're in pain
>>
>>44570851
it sounds like memes
>>
>>44568945
Fucker just rolled 4 1s n a row on GFIs
>>
>>44571721
5 in a row
>>
>Your dick when the enemy team has a bunch of extra skinks for no reason
>>
>>44571830
They are cheep and fragile
it isn't a bad idea to have a few spare
>>
can you guys help me out with team names?

So far I've got:

Mad Max: Toad Warrior
Groundfrog Day
Reservoir Frogs
Star Wars: A New Croak
>>
>>44571968
I just got uh

Who Framed Frogger Ribbit
Robohop
>>
>>44571968
What about Frog
Tadpole express
Back to the Pond
Pond Fiction
Cannary Row
>>
>>44571968
Diamond Frogs
Toadfinger
Velveteen ribbit
>>
>>44571968
Hopper did nothing wrong
>>
>>44572054
Roe*
>>
>>44572129
Good save, I was just refferancing the book cuz frogs
>>
awesome, awesome, thanks lads

The final team is

Max Max:Toad Warrior
Groundfrog Day
Reservoir Frogs
Star Wars: A New Croak
Who Framed Froger Ribbit
Robohop
Toadfinger
Tadpole Express
Velveteen Ribbit
All Frogs Go To Heaven
Frogo

With spares as
Black Frog Down
Bullfrog Durham
Pond Fiction
Croakheart
Raging Bullfrog
>>
>>44572271
(more spares welcome)

such as "The Golden Tadpole" as a recent spare
>>
>>44572271
I'd switch croak heart with Velveteen Ribber
>>
Block Guard Tackle on a Saurus, What is his next skill? Not a double.
>>
>>44572505
MB
>>
>>44572596
Was debating beween MB and Break Tackle, Will go MB
>>
>>44569212
Canadians have been playing on 40mm square pitches for a long time. Fits big guys better and has more room for lying down players
>>
>>44572611

With Tackle, Break Tackle would be better, you need a ball hawk or two.
>>
The skink didnt wake up, Who says they are dumb?
>>
>>44568945
Foulable Skink Thighs is at 150~/176 spp, dont feel like doing anymore tonight. Expect an update tommorow if shes still alive.
>>
>tfw you are playing agaisnt a team that is all about just killing your team
>as in PO everything
>as in gang fouling any and everyone every turn
>including your only peasant with kick
Tell me I'm not the only one thinking this guy is a cunt, he was playing humans too
>>
my friend said we should stream so I'm streaming, they've abandoned me though
>>
>>44572505
since he seems to be a supporter either Break Tackle or Stand Firm

Break Tackle allows him to get into a better position so his guard will be of max value

Stand Firm allows him to not get pushed away by desperate -2 dice blocks.
>>
>>44573913
first game versus orcs he fouled and then conceded
>>
>>44573814
no that's how humans have to play or they cannot do anything.

Don't put your players in squares where they can easily be gang fouled always punish piling on with a friendly foul yourself.
>>
>>44574138
I'm actually salty because a saurus was about to score a TD before the concede :(
>>
>>44572505
Break Tackle, unless you've already got another Break Tackle/Tackle Saurus, and even then I'd strongly consider it. The opponent can just tie up your Tackle Saurus and prevent him from going after dodgers otherwise.
>>
>>44574206
I just created a new dark elves team and got 5 concedes and always just before I do a touch down. One opponent called me arrogant because I did not score right away.
>>
>>44573814
This is a pretty legit strategy for humans as they generally have a deep bench, cheap linemen, and all the Blitzers have ST access.

Fouling a kicker is a legit play for any team - even if he's just a peasant, Kickers are a huge contribution to winning games. Being able to control the general area of the ball's landing is huge for a successful defence. It's important to remove them ASAP, especially if you're going to be receiving in the next half, because it makes the defender's job much harder.
>>
idk if you guys would want to watch me on twitch but I'm spinning bb2 lizzies
>>
>>44574505
How would we even find your stream?
>>
>>44573457
You know I see all these images of tons of permantly removed players, but I never know what happens if a team loses all their players
>>
>>44574439
>>44573814

Can confirm, this is pretty much how I play humans. 2 of my blitzers exist to give guard assists and the other 2 are my pomber and my sweeper who is also kind of a killer.

Also if any good player winds up on the ground, or even if it is your main ball carrier I will foul him until he is taken off the pitch
>>
>>44574698
Cant field anyone = Lose two turns and the enemy gains 2 touchdowns. Dunno what happens if you dont lose because of that
>>
>>44574706
Even skill less peasants?

>>44574198
Easier said then done when 2 knights are ko'd a yeoman is dead, another yeoman is bh and a peasant is niggled
>>
>>44574774
I'd pomb them, idk if I would foul them unless I was really worried about getting the numbers advantage.
>>
>>44574620
tv slash iamnsc

there's also only like 3 games of blood bowl 2 on
>>
>>44574832
all you've missed is a first block ogre rolling skull and both down, he was salty
>>
>>44574855
>not reading the chat
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

GFI
>>
Are there any other skills like Tackle and claw that could be totally useless if you play vs the wrong team?
>>
>>44576330

Diving Tackle.
>>
>>44560991
Halp pls
>>
>>44576387
Its useless against bashy teams but soo good against dodgey teams
>>
>Be 1200ish tv skaven team in lil skittles.
>Have to play with 3 loners because last match was against higher tv dorfs and all he wanted to was kill.
>Get matched against 2500 tv chaos murder team.
>All that inducement dosh, literally get everything possible plus two star players: Morg and the Rat with crab hand.
>Match starts, i am on defense check his team and setup.
>Only murder skills, no ball skills.
>Tries to kill star players and linerats in los with piling on.
>Fails the pick up, can't reroll because he it wasted on getting pows on block dice before.
>gutter runners and stormvermin go harass the ball and prevent caging.
>steal the ball thanks to wizard and score in turn 3.
>Same shit happens again, this time don't even need to wizard.
>Concede.
Damn that felt good. Why are chaos players so shit? He had like 50 wins and only 3 losses. I am not even good. I just got the game on steam winter sale but damn some people just suck.
>>
>>44576904
He was shit.
You just keep bashing.
Every time they score you get to attack again.
>>
>>44576904
Chaos players are pretty trashy it seems, I'll be spinning bb2 again in a minute or two, address is >>44574832

Just grabbing water
>>
>>44576388
>>44560991

Here are some Star Players associated with each team (that haven't already been used for other teams):

High Elves - Dolfar Longstride (Sprint and Pass are good fits, he specializes in ball recovery. A downed skill wouldn't be out of place on him), Prince Moranion (Block, definitely gets Block, probably Sprint as well and give him Dauntless and that Wrestle ability that was being hashed out, but very little drop in SP for him when he's downed), and Soaren Hightower (Pass, Pass, Pass. No, don't actually give him 3 Pass but find some way to emphasize him as a Passer).

Lizardmen - Hemlock (This guy will be tricky, probably the only Lizardmen player with Cheat, he's an assassin-type player so Block as well. Give him Dauntless. Not sure what else. He's a Skink, so keep that in mind for his SP values), Lottabottol (Slann, he's a frogman, he'll have Pass for sure, and give him Regen to represent his ability to stand up and act with his full movement after he's tackled. They did the same thing with Pogoers in the Goblin team.), Quetzal Leap (Skink, More Pass, probably a couple Sprint, he's got a lot of the same skills as Dolfar), and Slibli (Saurus, obviously has Block, a higher SP than the vanilla Saurus. This guy might be a good fit for the Loner written skill, it adds +1 SP if he's the only player on his team at a matchup).

Bretonnians - They haven't been around for very long so their Star Players are mostly loaners from other teams, a lot of which have already been used in existing BB:TM teams. There are a couple, though. Jules Arnoud (Yeoman, developed as a passer. Give him Pass THEN Block for sure, and that Wrestle written ability), Jean-Baptiste Du Fer (Knight, give him similar skills to vanilla ones except less passing and more Block. Also, Frenzy.)

You may need to make up some new Star Players of your own to fill gaps.
>>
File: 1444238768658.jpg (18 KB, 324x178) Image search: [Google]
1444238768658.jpg
18 KB, 324x178
>been on long losing streak agaisnt bash teams
>if I don't conside the mvp goes to a fucking peasant who got hurt
>can't break anyones armor
>single guard guy always goes down first
>all the knights have been stuck at 5 or 15 spp for games now
>losting to chaos
>figure I might as well just make one pass with a knight and go out
>touch back and blitz
>the game gives the ball to a line peasant despite me clicking on a knight
Trying not to cry
>>
>>44576999
Thanks, even this is a big help.
>>
>>44574774
There's a certain point where even fouling trash linemen can be worthwhile. If you're at 11v10, it's generally not worth it to foul peasants or other trash linemen.

But if you've got a 3 or 4 man advantage it can be worth it to risk fouls to create an even more extreme imbalance. If the guy gets sent off, no sweat - you're still up 2 and can ease up on future fouls. But the payoff is quite big if you remove even more players.
>>
>>44577377
and that doesn't come off as being a collossal cunt?
>>
>>44577502
Well sure, you can ease off on the fouling if the guy is behind. But I'm not going to blame a player for making the most rational decision to lock in his victory; this is a very different sort of situation from turn 16 fouling, which definitely does nothing to change victory or defeat. Blood Bowl has lots of situations where a team with a clear lead can quickly fall behind; teams that get complacent are asking to have the ball stolen.

It's important not to get into these situations in the first place, where you're down by 3 men or more. Yes, some games the casualty dice will have it in for you and there's nothing you can do, but you need to be proactive in trying to either defend your guys, or kill some of the opponent's guys if you start dropping in numbers.

If you don't like it, change the ruleset; play Elfball or Dreadball, which feature much less in the way of player elimination.
>>
>>44577653
Plus, keep in mind that Peasants are AV7. Odds are very, very good for an armour break compared to other linemen; just one assist gives you a 41% chance of breaking armour - they're definitely one of the big weaknesses of the Bret team as compared to vanilla humans.
>>
>>44576945
I wished to see your stream,a pity was sleeping
>>
>>44577836
it's up right now lizards versus rats
>>
>>44577653
>kill some of the opponent's guys if you start dropping in numbers.
I tried, beleive me I tried, the armor NEVER breaks
I know I should be attached to muh pixiles but being 5 vs 11 againts a team that is out to get you, with some serious causalties to your important players isn't eveg fun
>>
>>44578320
The thing is none of it actually matters in a perpetual league (at the very least, I'm assuming you're playing the BB2 random matchmaker). Random matchmaking is bullshit through and through, since it tosses a lot of what makes BB great out the window.

The game makes for far less salt when those deaths and unlucky streaks happen in a league circuit, because every game actually counts for something. You build actual meaningful rivalries and remember not just the great victories but also the epic failures. In perpetual nothing matters at all.

I guess at some level I'm saying that you're having badwrongfun, but BB really only is worth playing IMO in an actual structured league environment.
>>
>>44576945

You are so goddamn salty right now.
>>
Can we get enough players to get a /tg/ league in bb2? I have no idea how leagues work since I am pretty new but still should be fun. Probably gonna be better than the shitty matchmaking.
>>
>>44578818
We could make one if we like, had enough people to bother.
Step 1 would be to make a steam group.
>>
>>44578613
yeah, I respond poorly to trash talk.

I maintain that I came out of that match better than his team did.

Sadly you guys missed the games where I was super friendly (you gotta be super friendly or else they'll concede).

Shrug, that's blood bowl.
>>
>>44578613
absolutely buttblasted, i had fun
>>
>>44578876
The original /tg/ blood bowl group is apparently dead. So I made a new one, creatively named: /tg/ Blood Bowl 2. Let's see if we can actually people in.
>>
>>44579445
helps iif you link
>>
>>44579445
Id be down
>>
>>44579386
I'm glad to entertain, I'll be sure to do it again sometime.

After my ass stops bleeding from all the salt I shot out of it
>>
>>44579462
There you go.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2
>>
Tfw you 1ttd with skink bs
>>
I give you. Foulable Skink Thighs, Fully Foulable.
I kinda want to fire him due to TV bloat but fuck i have to let someone kill him now dont I
>>
>>44580653
1910 TV with fan factor for reference. im pretty sure hes a lot of that the adorable scamp.
>>
>>44578818
There's already a (new) /tg/ group on FUMBBL as well, and that's free to sign up for and play so if you want your Blood Bowl fix there's that option as well.

I'm personally partial to FUMBBL since it has more teams and a much lower entry cost (it's hard to beat 20 teams free vs. 8 teams for 50$), so you can draw from a much wider variety of players.
>>
>>44576999
I don't have the expansions, can you tell me how the teams in it work? Haven't been able to find the info anywhere, and you've been very helpful with the other TM fan.
>>
>>44580653

>Not Sure Feet

It's like you don't even want to win.
>>
>>44576999

I'm pretty sure Quetzal Leap is a frog, since he has VLL and no stunty.
>>
>>44582024
>>44580653
Should have sure feet instead of jump up
>>
>>44582865
Sure feet is not general you huge dumbo
>>
>>44582865

Sure Feet is an Agility skill.
>>
>>44582865
Yeah that's right you better shamefully delete that
>>
>>44582871
>>44582874
>>44582890

You mean to tell me Skinks don't run on their hands?

Note to self: don't post first thing after waking up.
>>
I wonder if all of the play-offs will be 3-0.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_00001.jpg (288 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_00001.jpg
288 KB, 1366x768
Hi guys. You probably get this question all the time, and I'd hate to just repeat it, but do you have any good guides for starting out? Chaos edition, I suppose I should mention, using classic rules.
I've read a bit on Blood Bowl Tactics, and some Steam guides, and looked at a few Youtube videos, and I feel like I'm starting to get how things work. But most of the stuff I've read is about building your teams, levelling up, and how the rules work.
Is there anything that deals with more concrete tactics you can use? Because I feel pretty clueless when it comes to what I'm supposed to do to win matches.

I'm enjoying the game though, even if I don't feel quite "into" it yet. Shame that there doesn't seem to be a community for it anywhere near me that plays actual Blood Bowl with miniatures.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>44585486
Literally https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O in the OP.
>>
>>44585510
>>44585486
Specifically the game at the end.
>>
any games today?

how does spectating work?
>>
>>44585510
>tfw i missed it
Well that's embarrassing. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>44585882
you click on the spectating link but you need to register on fumbbl first.
>>
>>44585882

Next game is tomorrow at midnight.
>>
>>44586870
thanks

>>44587506
is that server time? is it 1 minute after 05.01.2016 23.59 or a day later?
>>
>>44587529
>is that server time?
It's always server time
>is it 1 minute after 05.01.2016 23.59 or a day later?
are you retarded?
>>
>>44587761
when it comes to telling time, yeah. also english isn't my first language.

server time is 21.45 right now, technically 2h15minutes later it will be tomorrow and midnight.

so which is it?
>>
>>44587506
Wasn't the next game Thursday?
>>
>>44587529
>>44587921

Midnight server time, which is 26 hours from now.
>>
>>44587806
>later it will be tomorrow and midnight.
no that would be tonight at midnight tomorrow is quite litterally tomorrow.
>>
>>44587985

Ah, ok
>>
>>44587997
dude date change is at 00.00, so it's literally tomorrow in 2 hours server time.

>>44587985
thanks.
>>
>>44588053
>so it's literally tomorrow
Are you retarded? It is still the same fucking night.
>>
you guys are more salty than the streamer last night
>>
>>44588302

Salty about what?
>>
>>44588407
the server time
>>
>>44588119
where do you draw the today/tomorrow line exactly?
>>
>>44588620
>inb4 "whenever I sleep"
If you don't sleep a night you skip a day
genius!
>>
>>44588620
shortly before sunrise?
>>
>sage claims lizards aren't op
>sage's favorite teams are Dark Elves (known for being good at any TV) and Lizards
>>
>>44589294
>Liking teams makes them op
>>
>>44589351
Sage is a power gamer. Sure he has joke teams and plays all the teams, but in the end he plays to win and that is why he likes to play dElves, Skaven Lizards, and Welves.
>>
>play a game with some almost fresh humans vs orcs
>2 deaths (lineman + blitzer), blitzer with -MA (healed by apo), blitzer mng, lineman -AV
>only mng on one of his lineman

this makes me salty. really salty.
>>
Why aren't orcs competetive at high TVs?
>>
>>44589414
Claw.
>>
>>44589401
Are skaven op?
I have just started playing something other than elves, and I'll be honest, they are a bitch to deal with.
Armor 7 breaks a lot less often then it should
>>
>>44589573
Ok not "op" but higher tier or beginer friendly
>>
>>44589612

Skaven aren't very beginner friendly. AV 7 with AG 3 can be quite punishing.
>>
>>44589643
Yes but mv7 plus, agi 4+dodge+mv9 is pretty baller
To hell with the linerats
>>
skaven's the easiest team to perform well with

You've got great stats at moving the ball and some block
>>
>>44589768
Your gutter runners (the only real players that matter for the most part) do

Though storm vermin have legit skill access later on
>>
>>44589784
sure hands, pass on throwers, gutter runners have mv9, agi 4, dodge

that's a lot of skills and raw stats for ball handling

storm vermin with block and str access are great
>>
>>44589414
because low MA
if you start to lose with them you will not recover. While skaven for instance can always win
>>
You can't hand Skaven to a new player and expect them to perform better. New players don't understand how block assists work, so having 4 Str 2 players is difficult for them to wrap their heads around playing them effectively.

Chaos is more new player friendly. Not because of Clawpomb but because they have to think about setting up assists less often because of all the S4 and no S2.
>>
>>44590028
I feel that can be circumvented by good placing and board control

Even elves need safties
>>
Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

two dice block
>>
So I know how to tell how often something is to come up in a row by squaring it ex: Amazon fails a dodge 1/9 while an elf with dodge fails 1/36

How do you measure the chance of something being rolled and pick the best? like the chance of a pow with 2db?
>>
>>44592902
summing probability
>>
>>44592902
http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/598838/if-i-roll-two-fair-dice-the-probability-that-i-would-get-at-least-one-6-would-b
>>
>>44590137
Its not super bashy, but the speed makes postioning very forgiving. Many other beginers wouldn't know how to deal with a gutter runners super speed and they could score easy

Also chaos has no skills to start with, so without knowing how to assist they would be awful for a beginer
>>
>sure hands is better
>chaos players always take extra arm
>>
>>44594360

Extra Arm is better early in development because it is multi-purpose. You can always put Sure Hands on a player with Extra Arm if you start seeing a lot of players with Strip Ball.
>>
>>44594709
It's just a +1 to catches, pickups, and interceptions. You aren't likely to be throwing the ball to a player with extra arm because chaos is ag3 with no pass skills and would need to pick up the ball in the first place and the extra arm guy would be the guy to do it. Besides, sure hands AG3 is 89% pick up and protects vs strip ball. extra arm is 83% pick up (unless you waste a reroll which as a team with no block, no reroll skills, and ag3 you are going to need.

Two heads or foul appearance are both better mutations for a ball carrier
>>
>>44594709
Extra Arms is not better Chaos has a real problem with rerolls early on everything that can safe you a reroll is much better and sure hands lets you pick up the ball more often than extra arms would.
>>
>>44579497
We got 6 people in steam group so far. Few more and we can get a scrub tourney going.
>>
extra arms is good, start getting 1spp from passing here and there
>>
>>44594812
This, look at amazons and elves +3 w/rr is better than +2 without

But having both is bad because it makes them failing feel like dogshit
>>
would any of you be interested in more salty lizard stream?
>>
>>44597371
go for it, post your twitch name again.
>>
>>44597431
iamnsc

spinning one, maybe two, most likely only the one though
>>
>>44576999
I've worked all three teams up, if you'd care for a look I'll post them.
>>
>>44597962

Sure go ahead.
>>
>>44598102
Overall notes:
Goal was to use little cheating and compensate for the big rewards cheating offers with powerful teams. Each one has (in theory) some issue that they also need to work around, to help balance them out. I also didn’t want to make any new systems or use new tokens, so these cards mostly use already existing abilities.

Lizardmen have a hard time getting the ball and holding on to it. They compensate by being bashy and sprinting. Their biggest disadvantage is the lack of linemen – they have no expendable players.

High Elves are elite players who’re very likely to end a match with the ball, due to their Blitzers and Throwers. Their White Lions are excellent catchers, difficult to take down even with big guys. They need that, because High Elves have no big guy of their own and they lack tackle, sprint, and cheat.

Bretonnians have weak players that don’t mind going down that much and can take others with them, and strong players who can dish out the pain but not take it too well. I think these are the weakest atm.
>>
>>44598102
>>44598932
LIZARDMEN
3x Skink Sprinter (1/0)
Sprint, Sprint/Pass
Stunty: Opponents may only roll 1 tackle dice against this player; on a successful tackle, he is injured.
Scoreboard Phase: If this player is the ball carrier, gain a fan.

3 x Skink Stealer (2/1)
Sprint, Tackle
Strip Ball: Instead of using Tackle, you may place the ball at midfield.

3 x Saurus Blocker (3/2)
Tackle, Cheat (downed)
Guard: Redirect tackle to this player

2 x Saurus Blitzer (3/1)
Tackle, Pass
Response: If an opposing player takes the ball from this player with a pass ability, you may make a tackle attempt against them, using a single die.

1 x Kroxigor (4/2)
Tackle, Tackle, Cheat
Prehensile Tail: During a tackle attempt, you may reroll one die that comes up blank.

Star Players

Hemlock (1/0)
Tackle, Tackle, Cheat
Dauntless: When this player attempts to tackle an opposing player whose Star Power is higher than this player’s Star Power, roll only one dice and apply the result.
Dirty player: If this player injures an opposing player, gain a fan.

Lottabottol (3/1)
Sprint, Tackle/Pass, Regeneration (downed), Pass (downed)
Diving Tackle: If Lottabottol fails a tackle attempt, you may roll a single tackle dice and apply the result.

Quetzal Leap (3/1)
Sprint, Sprint, Pass, Pass
Dump-Off: If this player would become the ball carrier or drop the ball, you may move the ball to a friendly player at this matchup.

Slibli Oldblood (4/2)
Tackle, Regenerate (downed)
Guard: When an opposing player successfully tackles one of your players, you may apply the dice result to this player instead.
Stand Firm: While this player is the ball carrier, opposing players cannot tackle him.

Zar-Uk the Scarred (3/5)
Pass, Tackle
Sure Hands: If this player is the ball carrier and becomes downed, he does not drop the ball.
Guard: When an opposing player successfully tackles one of your players, you may apply the dice result to this player instead.
>>
>>44598102
>>44598932
>>44598962

HIGH ELVES
3 x Silver Helm (2/1) (Lineman)

3 x White Lion (3/1) (Catcher)
Sprint, Pass
Dodge: During a tackle attempt against this player, you may force the opposing manager to reroll all dice.
Nerves of Steel: While this player is the ball carrier, his Star Power is increased by one.

3 x Phoenix Guard (3/1) (Thrower)
Pass, Pass
Dump-Off: If this player would become the ball carrier or drop the ball, you may move the ball to a friendly player at this matchup.

3 x Dragon Prince (3/2) (Blitzer)
Tackle
Dauntless: When this player attempts to tackle an opposing player whose Star Power is higher than this player’s Star Power, roll only one dice and apply the result.
Juggernaut: When this player attempts a tackle, opposing players cannot use the Guard ability.
>>
>>44598102

Star Players
Dolfar Longstride (3/1)
Sprint, Pass, Cheat
Response: Whenever the ball is returned to midfield, Dolfar may take possession

Prince Moranion (4/3)
Tackle, Tackle
Loner: If this is the only friendly player committed to the match-up, gain *
Response: If Prince Moranion would be downed by an (x) when tackling, the target of his tackle is downed as well.

Soaren Hightower (3/1)
Pass, Pass, Pass (downed)
Fend: If an opposing player successfully tackles this player, you may stand one of your other downed players at this matchup.

Golfin Shadowhand (3/1)
Tackle, Cheat
Dodge: During a tackle attempt against this player, you may force the opposing manager to reroll all dice.
Response: When an opposing player uses Pass, you may roll a tackle die. On a POW, the ball is moved to Golfin instead.

Caerlion the Bold (3/4)
Sprint, Tackle, Regenerate (downed)
Stand Firm: While this player is the ball carrier, opposing players cannot tackle him.
Scoreboard Phase: If this player is the ball carrier, gain two fans
>>
>>44598102

BRETTONIANS

4 x Peasant Lineman (1/0)
Foul (downed)

3 x Yeoman Blockers (2/0)
Tackle, Cheat (downed)
Response: If this player uses the blank result of a tackle die, both this player and the target of the tackle attempt are downed.

3 x Knight Blitzer (3/1)
Tackle, Pass
Response: If this player becomes the ball carrier, they gain Sprint.

2 x Knight Captain (3/1)
Pass, Pass, Sprint (downed)

STAR PLAYERS
Jules Arnoud (2/1)
Pass, Pass
Sure Hands: If this player is the ball carrier and becomes downed, he does not drop the ball.
Response: If this player becomes the ball carrier, he may use the Tackle skill.

Nasty Jacques (2/1)
Cheat, Cheat, Tackle
Dirty player: If this player injures an opposing player, gain a fan.
Scoreboard Phase: Before resolving ejection cheating tokens, you may return one ejection token on this player to the pool and draw another.

Jean-Baptiste du Fer (3/2)
Sprint, Tackle, Tackle
Loner: If this is the only friendly player committed to the match-up, gain *

Leon du Maurier (3/2)
Pass, Pass
Nerves of Steel: While this player is the ball carrier, his Star Power is increased by one.
Fend: If an opposing player successfully tackles this player, you may stand one of your other downed players at this matchup.

Giles leBlanc (3/2)
Sprint, Tackle, Pass
>>
>>44598932
>>44598962
>>44598996
>>44599013
>>44599031

Pastebin, bro. No need to clog up the thread.
>>
>>44599054
notice me senpai

Sorry bout that

http://pastebin.com/uMBxN4CG
>>
some ggs in the stream, thanks for watching guys

in a couple hundred more tv it'll probably be time to start a new team
>>
>>44599143

Alright, here are my first thoughts: http://pastebin.com/Zt2RaBPn
>>
File: PSYCHO PECS.jpg (181 KB, 798x761) Image search: [Google]
PSYCHO PECS.jpg
181 KB, 798x761
>mfw every single block I throw in the first kickoff is an armor break
>as Skaven

Winning has never felt so skillful.
>>
>>44599785
I'll get back with my response tomorrow, in Straya so it's 1 am for me.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

gfi
>>
File: flow_zps1b98d5e8.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flow_zps1b98d5e8.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>44604898

Team re-roll.
>>
I've never really had that problem where everyone concedes to you in the naf or what ever it is now called league. It might be because I play humans and everyone assumes humans can't kill
>>
Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d6)

>>44606287
Don't worry bro I got your armor roll
>>
Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

>>44606406
Damn, the snotling got injured.
>>
>>44606446
Only a stun, we're good to go right?
>>
>>44606549
Not if he has 5 niggles
>>
>>44606356
I play humans and from my experience, chaos players tend to concede when you injure a warrior.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

loner roll
>>
>>44599143
>http://pastebin.com/uMBxN4CG

What is this suppose to be?
>>
Just for clarification, standing people around the ball gives a +1 on pickup rolls, right?
>>
>>44608152
No
It gives -1 for the enemy.
>>
>>44608152
no but its important to make it harder for your oppenent and it might scatter to a friend if you fail
>>
>>44608068

Blood Bowl: Team Manager is a deck-building game loosely based on Blood Bowl.

Revolves around managing a team over the course of a 5 "week" season where your team has to divide a hand of 6 players over multiple matchups against the other teams each "week", in the effort to earn rewards that make your deck and team more powerful and score more fans.

The base game included Wood Elves, Humans, and Dwarfs (with a shared deck of Star Players to draft from to improve their team deck), as well as Skaven, Chaos, and Orcs (who also share a deck between them).

There've been two expansions, one that added Undead, Vampires, and Dark Elves, and another that added Goblins, Chaos Dwarfs, and Nurgle. It's been more than a year since the last expansion though, so it's not likely it will see another. Anon is homebrewing a third expansion for High Elves, Lizardmen, and Bretonnians.
>>
>>44608177
>>44608185
Well shit. I feel like a stooge now.
>>
File: thY2WT45H2.jpg (17 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
thY2WT45H2.jpg
17 KB, 480x270
>>44608226

Neato, thanks for the catch up.
>>
>>44608228
it's still an ok idea to protect the ball and if you fail to pickup, it might still scatter onto a friendly player
>>
File: Response.png (203 KB, 671x286) Image search: [Google]
Response.png
203 KB, 671x286
>Hit close to 2k TV
>Nothing but 3k+ chaos teams

Who made this matchmaking?
>>
>>44608437
On BB2 it doesn't seem like you need to optimise your high TV team, because you'll get matched to low value teams all the time. On Fumbbl, 3k would just be bloated as fuck
>>
How is MVP player even chosen? Seems completely random.
>>
>>44608723

That's correct.
>>
>>44608723
It is completly random.
>>
FUMBBL IS FUCKING GAY. UNLESS YOU LIKE LOSING TO DIRTY SMELLY INBRED MONGOLOID CHEATING SPICKS WHO DONATE TO GET BETTER ROLLS. STINKY ASS GARBAGE MADE BY FULL-ON RETARDED EUROTRASH COCKSUCKERS.
>>
>>44609281
>spot the french coach
>>
Reminder that we have Dead Doornails vs. Ashenvale Leaves in 1 hour.

Don't miss it!
>>
>>44608593
It doesn't help cyanide doesn't have half the inducements and lacks a lot of star players like the chain sawers to even the score
>>
>>44609664

No chainsaws, and no bombadiers.

What a dumb idea that was.
>>
File: 1420925827763.jpg (44 KB, 594x683) Image search: [Google]
1420925827763.jpg
44 KB, 594x683
>mfw still no Goblin teams

I swear that is the only team I wanted in BB2. They even teased a screenshot with a full Goblin lineup against humans! BUT NO! GOD.DAMNIT ALL! I WANT MY GOBBOS!

They even got the Trolls and Goblins, just put the chainsaw in!
>>
>>44609733
>goblin fan

howpathetic.png
>>
File: Gobbo.png (43 KB, 78x100) Image search: [Google]
Gobbo.png
43 KB, 78x100
>>44609769
>not knowing the great feeling of crumping some gits and winning as Gobbos
>not knowing the feeling of Troll one turn touchdown

I feel for you anon.
>>
>>44609823
High Elf literal master race, deal w/ it snotling
>>
>>44609875
>High Elves
>Master Race

More like subhuman.
>>
>play 90 ebin dollars to paly bb2 on whim
>wait forever for it to load
>litterally get hemeraging headache from UI
>first game
>playing humans the "go to new" team
>first opponent is a 5000tv lizardman player
>don't by any inducments because misclick
>kick off
>lolrandum pitch invasion that flat out kills 10 of my players and none of his
>he proceds to run his lizards around me in a dance of "pay2win
>try again new team
>all over again
Glad I got my refund
>>
>>44610318

Sounds like you need to git gud.
>>
>>44610318
All you're missing is a reeee pepe pic. Almost well meme'd
>>
>>44610375
I feel like its missing some other gripe
>>
Match begins!

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=807219
>>
>>44610532

He should be whining about high TV chaos instead.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.