[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth to buy? Is board game translated well into video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
2 MB, 1280x800
Is it worth to buy? Is board game translated well into video game? Talisman was my fav board game as kid I wish I could play it now but I have no friends any longer.
>>
No. Make new friends and go play the real thing. Board games are a social experience, except for those overly complicated wargames meant for sexually frustrated middle age beta males.
>>
>>44559622

I'd say it could be worth it on 2 conditions:

1. Does it have all the expansions?
2. Can you play with others online?

If the answer to both of those is yes, then I'd say it was worth it. Talisman has some massive bloat to it if you have all the expansions.
>>
>>44560299

1. No, you have to purchase the expansions; HOWEVER, if I recall my research months ago right, only one person has to have the expansion for you to play but you can't use the expansion heroes.
2. Yes; but make sure you don't cast Immobility on yourself I'm looking at you Josh
>>
>>44560299
Considering it's like $2.09 on steam right now (on sale) it *MIGHT* be worth a look.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258200/
>>
>>44560772
Thats $2.09 too expensive for me.
>>
>>44559622
If you know what you're in for with Talisman (gets some hate from some BG fans, but great flavour, can be good fun) then yeah it's worth it.

Honestly it's a good port to digital. Haven't played it for while but it was regularly updated with dlc expansions and content - not bullshit dlc, actual content.. just elements ported in from the physical expansions as they implement it.
>>
>>44559622
Thanks for reminding me to get the expansions I don't have while it's on sale.

I like it but I also never played the board game version so I am not the best person to compare them.
>>
>>44559622

The RNG is absolute bullshit. And before anyone says "confirmation bias" that's balderdash because I fucking wrote my results down for about 55 games(yeah not a drastically large sample size but i cbf'ed after that many times.)

If the absolute best possible spot for the CPU(or even you for that matter) is going to need a 5. You will most definitely roll a 5 in about every 3 in 5 tries. I am not shitting you in that the dice rolls while they should be random are clearly "weighted" to roll a particular number. If the best number for you or the CPU player was that you need to roll an 11 you will have a very good chance of getting that as well.

Don't believe me? Play the game and you'll slowly start to notice a trend in the rolls.
>>
>>44562138
The board game cheats in the player's favor? Heh! Yeah, RNG can be a serious issue.
>>
Talisman is a bad game, but it's still one I've had fun with. I play it with friends in the background while we're chattering on mumble, and we colloquially call it 'Fantasy Misery Simulator'. Who wins and how things go is almost entirely random, but it's amusing to laugh at the random misfortunes as they occur.
>>
>>44562545

Seriously I've never seen such bullshit RNG in a game other than Dokapon games.
>>
>>44559916
Sexually frustrated, middle aged beta male here, can confirm
>>
>>44563917
Thank you!
And my condolences.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.