[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, if I wanted to run a Persona themed RPG, what system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1449384219026.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449384219026.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1024
Hey /tg/, if I wanted to run a Persona themed RPG, what system should I use? I don't really care about translating the combat system in the game to pen-and-paper, I just want to have the theme of teenagers with powerful Stand-like helpers killing monsters in some alternate world.

I've been told about Monsters and Other Childish things but I don't know how well it would jive with the amount of combat.

In return for your advice, have a pic of best girl.
>>
FATE maybe? Googling shows there are a few homebrew projects on that matter kicking about, as well.
>>
>>44557790
I want to know the answer to this aswell.

Also
>Best girl
>Not Naoto
>>
File: 6608936_orig.jpg (63 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
6608936_orig.jpg
63 KB, 500x485
>>44557817
Naoto is good, but not AS good. I enjoy her most in p4g when I equip her with the gekkoukan high uniform and she does Aigis' after-battle pose/quotes.
>>
>>44557861
I direct you to exhibit A: Aegis is a robot and therefore has no living parts beneath her synthetic face

and B: Naoto has a full compliment of human parts, and knows how to use them as evidenced by the events of December 25th
>>
File: 1449384227459.jpg (194 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1449384227459.jpg
194 KB, 1024x1365
>>44557890
exhibit A: I'm a lesbian all I need is a tongue to be happy. I'm sure Mitsuru could have a more "intricate" biological system commissioned if I asked.
>>
>>44557909
This is all completely off-topic given the board, but I still say Naoto wins just by being cuter in her uniform
>>
File: 1423965020600.jpg (853 KB, 1968x2056) Image search: [Google]
1423965020600.jpg
853 KB, 1968x2056
>>44557926
ah, you're probably right about it being off-topic. Anyway does anyone have any experience with Monsters and other childish things?
>>
>>44557954
I've dabbled in it, but never run a full game. It has a good deal of what you need, it isn't quite a 1 to 1 match for Persona or JoJo.

Also I don't go in for blondes, more of a redhead lover meself
>>
>>44557810
I tried running fate for a f/sn game once and it made me want to tear my hair out.
>>
I'd probably opt for an Apocalypse World hack (though making a playsheet for every arcana would suck balls) or alternately just freeform it with some adjective-based system

Depends on the players and you as a dm of course
>>
>>44558132
I see, I guess there's always Geist but FUCK white wolf.
>>
>>44558149
The thing to ask here is if your players are aware of what Persona is about and if they're willing to have their game follow the premise of the game

The arcanas actually restrict a character's behavior a lot and if you don't introduce mechanics that reward players for behaving in-arcana the only thing preventing them from acting out of character is their will to play a Persona game (not that anything is wrong with that, providing they want to play one)

The fighting is going to be the least of a problem.
>>
>>44558233
Actually my plan is to give each prospective player a questionaire for their character. To help me understand the character and write a story/social links for them, and also assign them their arcana. Once their arcana is assigned we can work together to design their persona.
>>
>>44558250
That's actually a solid idea, good on you
>>
>>44558250
I recommend getting a stock of gods/goddesses not present in the games rather than creating special snowflake personas. Make a list of Arcana and put 5 gods/personas under each to give. 6 if you want to have them roll a d6 under their arcana.
>>
>>44558269
The plan is to get a feel for what their character is like, what goals they have and what goals I'll have for them in the story, and then choose a mythological character matching it.
>>
>>44557790
I've seen it done with GURPS. I'll see if I can get the person who statted it all up.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (45 KB, 422x456) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
45 KB, 422x456
I was part of a homebrew Persona game a while back, I believe it was based on FATE.

Pic related, is best girl.
>>
>>44558355
Looks like Margret
>>
>>44558355
Finally, something we can all agree on
>>
>>44557790
What do you mean by translating the combat system? Are you saying that you don't want any advice on actually statting the personas, or more that you don't want to deal with the stat ups and bullshit like that?
>>
>>44558382
I don't want to deal with elemental weaknesses and strengths really.
>>
>>44558285
any update on this front?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.