[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had a sudden inspiration to make a sort of monster zoologist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nrsdkmTCMK1tvhtb7o1_540.jpg (175 KB, 517x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrsdkmTCMK1tvhtb7o1_540.jpg
175 KB, 517x810
I just had a sudden inspiration to make a sort of monster zoologist character for 3.5/PF. What would be the best class to do that with?
>>
>>44556936

Druid and Ranger seem to easy. Wizard with a bunch of binding spells?
>>
>>44556936
I really, really like you, Anon. Arcanogeneticists, or whatever you want to call them, are always a favorite character type of mine, and I am elated that someone else enjoys them. On subject, I'd suggest:

PF: Some combination of Ranger or Druid and Summoner or Wizard.

3.5: Druid and/or Wizard.
>>
>>44556936
Maybe one of those pathfinder alchemists that perform operations on animals?
>>
>>44556936
Archivist
>>
>>44558694
There's another archetype that uses jars of preserved animals to cast summon spells.
>>
A zoologist isn't suitable for a class. That's just one skill. Your class depends on your combat abilities, not on what bookish profession you have in your downtime.
>>
Totemist may be useful if you go 3.5
>>
>>44559967
>I don't know what character means
>I don't know what fun is
>>
Not sure how good it is exactly, but there's an Encyclopedia Arcane for crossbreeding.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/1806/Encyclopaedia-Arcane-Crossbreeding?it=1
>>
>>44556936
In PF, there are two archetypes for Alchemist that, I believe, can be combined to make essentially what you need - those two being the Preservationist and Vivisectionist.
>>
>>44556936
Bard all the way
>>
>>44566570

Supporting this actually. Bards a very versatile and the knowledge bonuses will certainly help. Ranger is an easy go to of course and can provide the appropriate background to the character. The reason I would go to Bard over Ranger though is because Bards come from colleges and places of learning, places that would certainly benefit from the sort of encyclopedia you would be creating. A ranger I would picture as more of a guide that a bard zoologist would hire to help with the adventure.
>>
>>44564410
>I don't know how 3.5/PF works
>>
Anyone else ever work for a fantasy petshop in a game? It was a fun series of missions I got to try a long while ago
>>
>>44556936
Commoner.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.