[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do high level adventurers look different from everyday people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 853x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 853x462
do high level adventurers look different from everyday people In your game?
>>
>>44553138
Depends.
>>
>>44553138
No, but in D&D 3.5 according to Knowledge skill rules, it can be quite difficult to identify the race of a high-level person. So in that setting apparently leveling up changes your appearance in unnatural ways.
In fact it's technically impossible to know your *own* race if you're untrained, because it's DC 10 + level and you auto-fail anything over 10.
>>
File: 1450275756438.jpg (1 MB, 776x961) Image search: [Google]
1450275756438.jpg
1 MB, 776x961
>>44553138
you can usually notice the difference by looking at their equipment
>>
>>44553138

In Eclipse Phase? The definition of 'everyday people' changes from habitat to habitat, but for the players sake they try to blend in.

Except when they turn invisible. Then they really blend in.
>>
>>44553138
I'm big on settings where the PCs are the first to discover the really powerful stuff that exists, so there's always a lot of mystery when they discover a new thing.

>>44553281
A plot-arc where a PC gets so immersed\corrupted by their own power that they no longer remember or recognise their origin sounds pretty cool. Like Thomas from Magician by R.E. Feist.

Too bad it'd never get played that way and is just another awkward mismatch of mechanics and player-knowledge.
>>
>>44553281

Well, I mean, it does make sense- how can one truly know themselves.
>>
File: 1449287637072.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1449287637072.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>44553281

D&D 3.5 everyone.
>>
>>44553281
Nope; easy questions are a flat DC 5.
Add your free +4 bonus for being raised in a community of them, and...
>>
>>44553281
>In fact it's technically impossible to know your *own* race if you're untrained, because it's DC 10 + level and you auto-fail anything over 10.

The beauty of 3.5's crunch is unmatchable, willingly at least.
>>
>>44553281

So Rachel Dolezal is just a level 16 commoner?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x1136
>>44553212
>>in your game
>>
Physically? Probably not, unless their extensive adventures have caused some sort of a magical mishap, in which case maybe. One of the mightiest warriors in my setting is literally half a man. Lengthwise.
And his other half's still out there. He's the good half because he's the left half who still has the heart. Shut up it's cool
>>
>>44553963
Does he walk normally or does he hop around
>>
>>44553989
It's a bit of both. He's able to move kind of in that "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" supernatural way where he seems to have both of his sides and doesn't basically wobble around and fall over all the time like a nerd, but he can't just hang in the air and stand on his nonexistent (or at least nonpresent) foot.

People who see it are generally too bewildered to make good observations. Asking him about how exactly he does X is a good way to get slapped. He's had to answer those a lot.
>>
>>44554090
Does he wear half-plate? What sort of weapon does he use?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.