[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dm_disaster.jpg (39 KB, 450x383) Image search: [Google]
dm_disaster.jpg
39 KB, 450x383
Tell me anon, how many quests have you completed and what was your last quest you have done?

What was the most complex quest you have been involved with?
>>
>>44552520
>using the term quest outside videogames.
wow player or just another D&D pleb who treats the hobby like skyrim without graphics?
>>
What like, current game? Because I certainly can't remember how many quests I've ever completed.
>>
>>44552630
alright fuckwit what do you call them?
>>
File: 1422330168824.png (444 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422330168824.png
444 KB, 1080x1080
>>44552520
Longest ever quest I ever took was a side quest to help take a mermaid back to the ocean in a D&D 3.5 campaign.

The DM liked to keep us from crossing any rivers by saying the currents flowed unusually fast and any attempt to go in the water would have us swept away into rocks or something.

Not wanting to dump the mermaid in the river and have her dodge rocks like battle toads in a turbo tunnel, We got a cart and donkey and took her along with us for nearly the entire campaign.

Eventually the party found a flying vehicle. With nobody knowing how to pilot the thing we said fuck it and got inside for the ride anyway. We spiraled, zig zagged and spun all across the continent and eventually started flying over the western coast. Not knowing how to land and fearing we may crash, we decided now would be the best time to return the mermaid to the ocean. Speeding at nearly a hundred miles an hour the mermaid was fucking terrified refused to jump because the speed would have her crash along the water's surface. We convinced her we were professionals and we always had a plan so I gave her my spare shield I no longer needed and said this would help with the fall. Finally we got just low enough and convinced her enough it was safe and she dove out. The shield worked like a charm and it worked like a sled as she skipped across the water until it stopped safely.

The last thing we saw of her was her waving good bye to the party. Shortly after we crash land into a necromancers lair.
>>
We set up a madman to joust a train, and in doing so, reclaim his rightful throne as king of Texas. He may or may not actually be legally entitled to the throne, but the last person who tried to deny him it was recently slain in a jousting match.

Not sure which would have been the most complex. There's certainly been the most planning going into the upcoming bank heist.
>>
Since the game started in August, somewhere around 30 I want to say, though the game is played kind of episodically so quests tend to not last more than 2 sessions and sometimes just one.

Most recent quest, two of the characters wanted to figure out what to get mine for Christmas so ended up breaking into his apartment while he was at work to try and figure things out about him. My guy came home eventually, and they had to shift gears into a stealth game to avoid getting caught. At the conclusion, they bought him a pretty nice present but had read the clues in his apartment wrong, not realizing that he bought the exact same present for himself.

Most complex quest, was having to figure out what was the cause of repeated plant monsters and other plant based dangers continually cropping up. At first it seemed to be similar single games but ended up being one long interconnected plot, and culminated in finding a secret pirate island with a huge ruined complex underneath, leading to a sentient artifact that was causing all the problems with the plants. It was quite complex because it involved a lot of puzzles and traps, and required everyone's help to get through which is different from what we're used to, of the fighter characters just carrying us to victory.
>>
>>44552958
epic
>>
>>44552520

wait, what?
some people actually complete quests?
>>
>>44552520
NPC retainer got kidnapped. Ain't like we're in love or anything, no /u/boating here, but I'll be damned if anyone takes MY minions.
So after I finished being possessed (long story, just think 'three or four months') and my ride finally showed up, I crossed two seas and a small continent chasing her down. Along the way I encountered enemies, parts of the next quest, blew the lid off of a seriously nasty conspiracy (or at least, blew it out into the open, but it's still unclear what exactly they were conspiring towards,) and started a war. This took 5-7 months?

But I damn well got my healbitch back.
>>
>>44553484
Well, I mean, it's not like the quest is just handed out. "Go here, do thing, be rewarded".
Frequently they're self assigned ("That asshole took our stuff! Let's get him!") and run on or into another ("In the process of getting him, we need to do X Y or Z so that we can get the thingy we need for getting him. Also, we pissed off that other guy, so now we have to keep him from getting us.")

But I find quests are easiest to identify after the fact. Look back and identify one identifiable story arc, or goal-pursuit, and that's a quest.
>>
>>44552630
>he doesn't know quest was a word before D&D and vidya
Are you retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>44552958
how did the necromancer react
>>
>>44554760
i think anon just meant his characters never finish what they set out to do
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.