[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars RPG's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
So my group wants to play a star wars RPG. The only system that i know thoroughly is D&D and PF, and i know they wont work.
What system do you recomende?

Also Star Wars/Sci-fi image thread
>>
FFG.
>>
ORE star wars?
>>
>>44545334
There's a SW thread here:
>>44541385

I'd recommend SAGA edition, or Strike!
>>
>>44545362
Thanks i will check them our
>>
File: 1397719326887.png (378 KB, 800x1174) Image search: [Google]
1397719326887.png
378 KB, 800x1174
>>44545334
WEG D6 is the only correct answer. Pre prequels. Minimal crunch that works. Everything is up to the GM. All force or no force PCs as a personal suggestion.

There's Star Wars D20 and Saga Edition. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. But some people are quite taken with Saga.

>>44545351
Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny work fine. If you want up to date fluff off the shelf, this is it.

>>44545361
You. I like you.

StarORE is for freeformers and system builders. There's no fluff and little crunch. But it's free.
>>
Didn't want to ask in main thread, but my group want to try make crossover story with WH40k, because they think that it will be easy to combine FFG systems, will it work?
>>
>>44546008
Short answer: no.

To be fair, of course it could work. I had no problem playing scifi with D20 two decades ago. But with what systems are available today (or even then, but I didn't know) seems silly.

As for the lore, that will clash phenomenally! So keep the scale limited in order to not have to deal with the implications to the respective settings. Or put in a barrier with limited access, like a capricious wormhole.
>>
>>44545739
Friendly reminder all the d6 books are free and can be found here:
http://d6holocron.com/
>>
File: darths0001.jpg (168 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
darths0001.jpg
168 KB, 600x800
>>44545739
>a ten foot pole
>not ten foot laser pole
One job to do...
>>
>>44546133
>Short answer: no.
But why? Actually I need only find way how integrate Black Crusade in SW FFG system.
>>
>>44545334
Edge of the empire would probably work
>>
>>44545739
This guy has the right idea. D6 is pretty damn fast, feels star warsy in its play. Force users can get fairly powerful if you aren't monitoring their progress though. But overall it's fast paced, minimal number crunching and can easily play pretty much whenever you choose.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.