[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets be honest /tg/: The SoB in their current state are just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
Lets be honest /tg/: The SoB in their current state are just boring and bland. As the only female only(not really) they have nearly no interesting aspects that arent done better else where in 40k.

The only thing that they really, truly have that makes unique and liked so much is the fact that they ARE woman. Face the facts. If they were simply a group of really pious guys in power armor, nobody would give two flying fucks, would they? Of course not. /tg/ only likes them because "muh fordykay waifus". Oh, and don't forget all those hilarious jokes:
>Le slutty SoB
>Bersekers on their periods lel
>they rape kids, cus religion
>grey knight hats lol
Even for /tg/, thats some shit humor

There is a good reason some people would like Female Space marines over SoB, and thats because they are one dimensional, beyond even marines. They are ALL super duper pious. And compared to marines, where not only is that just ONE flavor, but it is done successfully in many different forms (Black Templar, Ultramarines, Dark Angels)

Now, I will admit, this is partially due to their lack of fluff. Because they arent expanded on, they're pretty lack luster. When Necrons have more diversity in their faction than the SoB, you've fucked up. Not to mention their atrocious models and cost.

But, it seems pretty obvious that for some reason, you all are obsessed with this shitty faction, and instead of allowing more focus to be put on the females of OTHER factions, or adding girls to these factions, you put all focus on this lame one simply because they're your go to waifu. Well, its time to cut them loose. Just accept the fact they'll never get updates, and that every other faction is better.

Even the in universe reason for them to exist is a shitty one, and basically amounts to a really stupid get around.

In summery, the SoB are crap and dont deserve anywhere near the praise they get. No wonder GW wants to scrap them.
>>
SoB only need more diverse units and better looking plastic models.

Their theme is no more boring than any other faction. If you find SoB boring, they aren't the faction for you. Don't try to turn them into something they're not.
>>
>>44538858
>the only portrayed militant arm of the church
>hurr they're too pious

Are you retarded? That's their entire point. Next you're going to say all the AdMech guys and techpriests are too obsessed with technology or the Imperial priests are too zealous.

Saying SoB are too pious is like saying space marines are too super human and power armor clad.
>>
>>44538858
>because they are one dimensional, beyond even marines.
In faith that's true but they actually have pretty diverse branches in terms of their role in the Imperium. Which is helpful if you consider them the militant arm of the Ordo Hereticus (secretly or otherwise) because it gives them an in at every level of Imperial society and the Hereticus can't always fight as openly as the other two Ordos often can.
>>
>>44538858
Yeah, they should have stayed as part of the Ordo Hereticus codex. Fuck 2nd genners and their "muh sororita only codex"
>>
>>44538858

Nice bait. I mean, I hope it's bait, for your sake, because otherwise it means that you have entirely shit taste. Honestly, SoB nail the Gothic styling of 40k as good as the AdMech, and better than most Space Marine chapters or Imperial Guard regiments do.

Yes, GW hates them, and yes their GW fluff and models are shit, but you're clearly too retarded to have examined the decent fluff FFG gave them. They're a multi-branch organization that's much more integrated into the Imperium than the Space Marines, which makes them have a lot more potential to be interesting.

All it will take for them to be properly good is some better fluff on the orders, and fluff that emphasizes their roles as protectors and crusaders, as well as their literal power from faith.

Still good job, you made me be articulate, so you get some bait points for that.
>>
>>44538939
>Saying SoB are too pious is like saying space marines are too pauldron clad.
>>
>>44538858

Nah, they're okay.
>>
>>44538858

You know, if you take out the part about girls, you pasically have the exact same argument that was made against Tau pre 6e, which saw them sweep the games with Riptide spam. Conveniently, all the calls for Tau-squatting happened to just disappear right afterwards as well.
>>
>>44539109

Damnit, Johnson, I want you to make those Sisters of Battle MORE pious! And make those space marine pauldrons bigger! Bigger pauldrons! More pauldrons! Pauldrons on pauldrons!
>>
File: 10f.gif (390 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
10f.gif
390 KB, 473x473
>>44538858
We've got a live one.
>>
>>44539176
>Conveniently, all the calls for Tau-squatting happened to just disappear right afterwards as well.

The fuck are you talking about, they're even more numerous now? During 6E everyone was going "Nobody even wants to play Riptide spam, just squat the Tau already it's not like they even get any games".
>>
>>44538858
>But, it seems pretty obvious that for some reason, you all are obsessed with this shitty faction, and instead of allowing more focus to be put on the females of OTHER factions, or adding girls to these factions, you put all focus on this lame one simply because they're your go to waifu.
Um, no. If the fanbase had serious control over what GW put out, then the company would not keep putting out over-powered rules for its new models. That's something that the vast majority of fans agree upon, whatever part of the fluff they like or dislike. Given that GW isn't conceding that point to the fans, what makes you think that they're actually paying serious attention to what the (fairly small) Sisters of Battle lobby wants?

Fucking shills get worse every year.
>>
>>44539405

Are you implying OP is a shill? Because I think he is against SoB sales.
>>
>>44538858
The SoB have acts of faith as a unique mechanic, as well as their love for area of effect and flame weapons

I say focus on that, make them blob killers, but have a harder time dealing with single target tanks or they have to use specific tools to do so such as krak grenades and organ middle launchers
>>
>>44538858
>female space marines over SoB
no thanks, space marines are the most bland thing in 40k by far.
more so than sisters
>>
>>44539061
I'd say the same about Grey Knights. Should have stayed being Demon Hunters.
>>
>>44539537

Every time someone calls space marines bland, I think they're either dumb or a hipster. Dumb because space marines are the most coddled and varied faction from GW, and hipster because they think "superhuman in super armor" is too mainstream and overplayed as a trope.

It's like calling knights or dragons in an Arthurian or fantasy fairy tale boring. Yeah, maybe since they're so common, but they're kind of the whole point of the setting and their entire draw is to not be boring. If you're bored with them, maybe you shouldn't even be looking into that setting to begin with?
>>
>>44539531
Melta is the Holly spirit of their Sacred Weapon Trinity. They need thermal lances for more diversity however.
>>
>>44538858
Honestly?

You're full of shit, SoBs are better baseline Space Marines than Space Marines. That's one of the reasons why Marines get so many diverse chapters and variants focused on (aside from popularity), where Sisters don't. Standard Sisters have an extremely prominent flavour, whereas standard Marines are bland as shit and need to be spiced up by muh secrets or muh vampirism or muh wolf wolf.

Fluffwise, the Sororitas have a ton of different orders that don't fight. You just see the fighty ones as models.
>>
>>44539637
>need to be spiced up
>"need"

They just arbitrarily made SW and BA/DA their own factions in 2E. They could have just kept marines one faction.
>>
>>44539665
...They still would've had different fluff gimmicks for different chapters, even if they hadn't released rules for them.
>>
>>44539589
Yeah, nah, "giant armoured guys that win basically all the time for plot reasons" are kinda the most boring shit imaginable.

Space Marines really do need the variety the Chapter systems provides, because they're extremely trite and uninteresting without it.
>>
>>44539507
Not implying, stating. He's a shill for the company, trying to make out that GW would really do a much better job if it we'd just back off and let them do the right thing.
>>
>>44539665
And they could have still use eldar weapons. It has rained quite a lot since 2nd ed
>>
It's interesting to note that the arguments for taking them out OP makes here sound an awful lot like a coded version of feminists bashing the fetishization of women in other fiction.
>>
>>44538858
whatever faggot
>>
>>44539719
OP please stop trolling /tg/
>>
>>44538858
most of what you said is retarded but i will admit that menstrual humor is retarded.
>>
>>44539691
>"giant armoured guys that win basically all the time for plot reasons" are kinda the most boring shit imaginable.
>laughing Imperial Armour

Losing all the time is pretty boring too, which is what Lamenters and SoB are all about.
>>
>>44539736

Nigger, I am not OP. I have never sucked nearly as many dicks as this guy did just on prom night.
>>
>>44539700
ops a massive fagot but thats ridiculous anon.
>>
>>44538858
>nobody claims the loophole that allows them is anything but silly but 40k is meant to be silly at times.
>>
>>44539790
dident mean to green that
should have quoted
>and basically amounts to a really stupid get around
>>
File: neat_bender_futurama.gif (1 MB, 708x421) Image search: [Google]
neat_bender_futurama.gif
1 MB, 708x421
>>44538858
10/10 Post. Screencaped for later usage.
>>
>>44539790

40k is indeed supposed to be silly at times. It was originally envisioned as a setting where anything in fantasy or comics could fight anything else. Judge Dredd was one of the inspirations for Space Marines as they developed.

And hell, if you need any actual proof of its intended silliness, just remember:
>Harlequins
>>
>>44539061

They were never part of the Hereticus however and briefly making them part of such was a mistake.

The Inquisition basically sucks up all the spotlight when it's present.

>>44539405

>then the company would not keep putting out over-powered rules for its new models.

All those new models released in 6th Edition sure were overpowered. :^)

>>44539665

Because people wanted it and/or were willing to pay for it.
>>
>>44538858
Fuck off OP, if they weren't there all the imperial troops would be men being testosterone cans in pauldrons, or once-men being turned into cans.
And to be fair I don't even mind the all men all spess mehnreens, but sisters being crapped on by GW makes me sad.

I like the lore, I like the different orders, the idea behind them and the fact that it's not superhumans genetically enhanced soldies accomplishing amazing feats, but regular human girls being trained and zealot-ed into becoming excellent troops who are not too battle-autistic as a whole. Also I love the lore on non-military order, the lore on saints and what this means fluff wise. Is the Emperor ascending to the status of a chaos god? Is he giving some of those women his power directly? Who knows.

TL;DR If that army had been anywhere near decent I'd play SoB.
but now i'm stuck with nids
>>
>>44538858
Naw. Bros of Battle would be fine.
Also Repentia are a pretty slick concept, Only War even has "Praeceptors of Pentinence" who lead basically non -SoB Repentia types and they're by far the most devastating melee guys in the game.
>>
>>44538858
Nigger, this goes beyond shitposting. Why do you insist on seeing nothing in an army besides gender? Fucking misogynist.
>>
>>44540005
I know what you mean there. In a sense it's like having an Arbite army. They fill out the fluff well but aren't really powerful enough to justify a tabletop army.
>>
>>44539745

Hey now, the SOB won the Sanctuary 101 rematch.
>>
Honestly, one of my biggest issue with Black Library novels can be tied back to part of why I don't think the SOB turn up much outside their own novels.

A lot of Black Library novels don't feel like they are about a religious theocracy where fanaticism holds sway. Which is what the Imperium is supposed to be.

However you almost never see priests in the novels and when you do they are often treated as idiots who don't REALLY understand what's going on rather than some of the most important people in the society. This is especially prominent in Guard novels despite the guard having more Priests about than the Marines do, there is less prayer and talk about the emperor in a revered way.
>>
File: 1449529867263.png (219 KB, 827x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449529867263.png
219 KB, 827x1050
>>44538858
>>
Some could say the same about 40K
>>
I don't remember SOB ever being praised or wanted on /tg/, or indeed anywhere.

I think everyone just saves nais pics of the sisters and moves on, myself included. Is there anyone, for example, clamoring for SOB faction to appear in DoW2? Will they ever show up in Eternal Crusade? Probably not. So yeah, if you wish nobody gave a shit, then wish come true, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>44540252
anon are you me? shit i am here with Nids as well.
>>
>>44540759
Depends, are you also a ca/tg/irl?
>>
File: WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg (459 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg
459 KB, 667x1000
>>44539195
Losing technology to manufacture those double pauldrons is greatest tragedy of Horus Heresy.
>>
I wanna lick their tits and cum on their faces for the Emperor.
>>
>>44538858
>If they were simply a group of really pious guys in power armor, nobody would give two flying fucks, would they?
>what are marines

2/10 bait OP.
>>
>>44541132
Marines are zealous, not pious. Marines don't warship Emprah as god, save for some counted chapters, which causes no small amount of clash with the Ecclesiarchy.

Sisters still need more love. Of all kinds.
>>
>>44539069
>SoB nail the Gothic styling
This. Marines have the worst fucking aesthetics, but the SoB have a great style and visual concept.
>>
>>44538858
>The SoB in their current state are just boring and bland
Just like real women.
>>
>>44541159
>be superhuman distilled from the essence of the emperor
>still has to take shit from worthless power-hungry midget men
>>
>>44540803
no i am a fa/tg/guy but i was just surprised at how often i am hearing that people play Nids because of how little the SoB are supported.
>>
>>44541228
Hey, I'm not saying that you should, fuck the manlets. I'm just stating the fact - Priests got beef with Astartes for not praising the Emperor in the sanctioned way.
>>
>>44541561

Priests can suck the blood of heretics off of my genetically enhanced cock.
>>
File: 50.jpg (696 KB, 1182x1627) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
696 KB, 1182x1627
>>44541228
Officially they agree to disagree, but sometimes the Ecclesiarchy, or individuals within it, can get out of line. Pic related from the original Codex: Sisters of Battle (remember that "the Citadel Miniatures range of Adeptus Ministorum troops is always increasing"!), and Index Astartes: Rogue Sons is another source that went into this:

>Every world in the Imperium is home to a culture unique to itself, and the people of each world worship the Emperor in a manner informed by its own characteristics. For the Helio-Cultists of Limnus Epsilon, for example, the Emperor resides in their sun, his warriors coming every century to claim the best of the world’s youth to fight at his side within the fiery heart of their star. To the Apocalites of the worlds bordering the Hell-Stars of the Garon Nebula, he is the bringer of merciful death, deliverance from the evil that stalks their worlds by night. To the feral natives of Miral, the Emperor was the great beast that stalked the dark places of their forests, and to the acid miners of Mordant he is the guiding spirit-light that keeps the all-encompassing darkness at bay.

>Even within the ranks of the galaxy-spanning institution of the Adeptus Ministorum, no two clerics drawn from two different worlds share the same view of the nature of the god they worship. Theosophical debates rage between men divided in their understanding of the Emperor’s divinity, yet utterly united in their worship of him, though even here, debate on occasion turns to division, and division to outright aggression.

>As each world expresses its devotion to the Emperor in a unique manner, so too does each Space Marine Chapter revere him and his Primarchs in a manner unique to themselves. Many adore him not as a god, but as the founder and patron of the Space Marine Legions, while the beliefs of other Chapters may diverge yet further.
>>
File: steel-cobras.jpg (29 KB, 188x331) Image search: [Google]
steel-cobras.jpg
29 KB, 188x331
>>44542821

>These deviations have on occasion led to friction and even open conflict between the Adeptus Astartes Chapters and the Adeptus Ministorum. Such a conflict is unlikely to arise from a simple difference of opinion, however, for no matter how abhorrent a member of the Ecclesiarchy may find the beliefs of a Space Marine Chapter, there is no denying that the Space Marines are the living embodiment of the Emperor’s divine wrath, and their mandate is granted by the Emperor himself. Open conflict is more likely to arise from the actions of clerics overstepping the bounds of their authority, and it can only be assumed that insanity, treachery or worse – perhaps daemonic or alien intervention – would in most cases lay at the heart of the matter.

A specific example later in the article:

>It is known that some renegades have established bases upon worlds hostile to human life, worlds on which only a Space Marine, with his enhanced physiology could hope to survive. The Steel Cobras – a Chapter whose worship of the Emperor as an animal-totem prompted a puritanical crusade against them led by a particularly bombastic Cardinal – are known to have established a base of operations deep beneath the ammonia seas of Tukaroe VII. Although the Imperium are aware of the renegades’ existence, nothing short of an invasion by an entire Space Marine Chapter is considered likely to dislodge them from their fortified seabed bunkers. The only other option is Exterminatus, a fate that may still befall Tukaroe VII should the Adeptus Astartes refuse to assault their wayward kin.
>>
>>44540252
>>44540759
Is this really that common of a thing? Nids were my first force since SoBs were too costly
>>
>>44538858
Sisters do suck. They've been neglected for a long time.
I wish that there was a Codex Ecclesiasty.
>>
>>44542821
>>44542829
It is genuinely upsetting to read this from older codices and compare it to the minimal fluff in the eCodex.
>>
>>44540391

Do you think it's because the authors are trying to push their religious views into 40k?
>>
>>44543328
Absolutely. The average 40k fan is massively likely to be a fedora.
>>
>>44543744
>>44543328
>Oi Boss, wot's dis 'bout dem 'fedora' fings?
>Dey's some gits wot fink da godz don't exist.
>Does dat mean dey fink Gork an' Mork don't exist neither?
>Wait a tic... zog me, yer right! Silly gitz, 'ow can dey fink dat when da godz really exist?
>Dey... Dey say dere's no proof, Boss.
>Proof? Oi'll give 'em proof! Grab yer choppaz, boyz! We'z goin' on a WAAAAGH!
>WAAAAAAGH!
>>
>>44541132
Marines started as Heavy-duty cops/soldiers, ala 2000AD or ADPolice. Starship trooper but more metal.
Sisters started as Joan of Arc/knights in space.
The SM being very pious is quite recent (and sucks the sister's spot)
>>
>>44543277
Codices are now meant to be catalogues for products and rules. If you want fluff, Black Library is for you.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.