[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Predictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: OmniScience.jpg (283 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
OmniScience.jpg
283 KB, 2048x1152
Seeing as I get this stuff right but I never record it, may as well call my shots while I can.

Let's start with Shadows over Innistrad. The name is an obvious reference to the Lovecraft short story 'Shadows over Innsmouth.' Due to the nature of the creatures in Innsmouth, this makes me think that we will see Phyrexians. If this is so it will be a great point it re-introduce one of the big bads back into the lore. We will be seeing Jace, Lilliana and Sorin on Innistrad with possible supporting roles from Ajani, Karn, Koth, and/or Nahiri. But there could also be appearances from Ashiok, Ral, Elspeth, and/or Vraska. While I don't want to count out Tibalt or Tamiyo, I feel their reappearance on their debut plane to be highly unlikely.

With how big an impact Karn has had on the lore we have not heard from him in a while. With a return of Phyrexians seeing him again would be timely.

If we see Koth again, he will likely be under Phyrexian control. I really hope that's not the case but the likely outcome.

I want to see Ral in card form again. He is active in the lore and we have not seen him do much but brood on Ravnica, adding some depth to his character would be nice.

And finally the fall block after Shadows will be on a new plane and will probably have something to do with Bolas and Ugin.
>>
I really hope we don't get big baddies this time, three consecutive blocks with some kind of apocalypses in a row is too much. Also I don't think it will happen, nothing in the trailer hints at Phyrexia. Maybe next time. We're definitively get to know something about the Raven Man, wich is cool, but we're probably spending the test of the time enjoying JaceXLili cheesy fanfiction while R&D butchers everything that was cool and interesting in Innistrad lore.
>>
Dont ask me how I know it, in fact, i dont give a shit if you believe me or not, but this is comming in SoI. And no, my dad do not work for WotC,

Shadows of Innistrad: Introducing

- Mana Blade
Artifact - 6cmc generic mana - Mythic Rare

(X)(X), Tap: Controller of Mana Blade can attack or block as a creature where his or her power is X and his or her toughness is his or her life total (Damage received while using the ability of Mana Blade will reduce your life total).
>>
>>44539017
Mind if I screen that? Ez upboats on le Reddit if it's right! Ebin!
>>
>>44539017

Why the fuck should this be a mythic? It should be a rare at most. The effect is pretty lame also since a deathtouch creature would kill me right away.
>>
>>44538498
Elspeth is a dead masochist. Accept it.
>>
>>44542095
Given that Wizards hasn't, I'm not sure why we would.
>>
>>44538498
here's my mtg prediction:
mtg will die
>>
File: lf.jpg (85 KB, 612x485) Image search: [Google]
lf.jpg
85 KB, 612x485
>>44538498
>The name is an obvious reference to the Lovecraft short story 'Shadows over Innsmouth.'

The short story is The Shadow Over Innsmouth
>>
Meanwhile, a year before the announcement:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35926725/#35968026
>>
>>44539017
So basically a Hearthstone mechanic? Could happen.
>>
>>44538694
I guess it's a good thing you didn't play before 2013, because APOCALYPSE RAWR GRRR is pretty much the only conflict Wizards understands. Lorwyn was a direct result of "waaa too much apocalypse" and it had an apocalypse-analogy even then. Ravnica as a setting isn't looming on apocalypse yet, but I'm sure next time we're there it'll be on the edge. The end of civilizations are supposed to be the only thing that keeps a planeswalker interested in sticking around.
>>
File: 1440731344610.png (1 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
1440731344610.png
1 MB, 2000x2500
>>44538498
It seems like I was reading somewhere that since Emrakul is on Innistrad and she is the titan of corruption, she's going to me turning a lot of the residents, and creatures into these two-sided flip cards. One is going to be the creature and the back will be a devoid creature/corrupted creature.

I also have a feeling that Avacyn is Nahiri but that's just my gut feeling. I could be very very wrong.
>>
>>44539017
What color do you become? And what if someone doom bladed you? I feel like there are too many holes in this idea. But I really would like to believe you because I actually do like the mechanic a lot.
>>
>>44546224
Avacyn was around before the Eldrazi were sealed.
She's not Nahiri.
>>
>>44539017
Why not just
(X)(X), Deal X damage to target creature that dealt combat damage to you this turn

?
>>
>that sinking feeling when you know there will likely never be a full-fledged return to Lorwyn/Shadowmoor and with the way they changed the way blocks/releases are handled, the Gilt-Leaf themed cards in Origins will probably be the last we see.
>>
>>44549096
Every time I see that, I always feel they should've swapped where Warrior and Spirit are
>>
>>44546977
Why wouldn't she be able to change form?
>>
>>44550855
...Nahiri was guarding Zendikar and stayed on Zendikar. If she was Avacyn, there was no way Sorin would agree to that, or let her travel around with him prior to that.
>>
>>44546290

Maybe you dont become a creature at all. It says you can attack and block AS a creature.

I like the concept since the card looks fair (you lose lifes if you block). I could use this in my UW control deck.
>>
>>44538498
>The name is an obvious reference to the Lovecraft short story 'Shadows over Innsmouth.' Due to the nature of the creatures in Innsmouth, this makes me think that we will see Phyrexians.
I've never read Lovecraft but wouldn't the Eldrazi be the obvious Lovecraft-insert enemies? Kozilek's brood (and to an extent Emrakul's) even do the whole "manipulating from the shadows" thing, which fits the horror theme and introducing extra-planar elements to Innistrad without dominating the design/flavor space. There's also plot relevance in that Emrakul might be trying to track and eliminate Sorin because he helped seal her away before. The Eldrazi aren't conscious but they're not completely stupid either.

Oldschool Phyrexians were good at the "sleeper agent" style invasions because they were black, but New Phyrexia is white and doesn't care much for subtlety. They want to conquer in a grand fashion. I just don't see them reintroducing Innistrad only to have the Phyrexians show up and steal the spotlight.

I also want to say there's no way Tamiyo doesn't get another appearance because MaRo and Beyer have mentioned her reappearance multiple times and this was her last-known location, but then again Jace got to appear on the Innistrad promo artwork and it doesn't seem extremely likely to have two blue walkers in the same block now that we're down to 2 sets per.
>>
>>44546046
Personally I wish planeswalkers stopped being the focus of the story
>>
> Shadows over Innistrad
Going back to Innistrad already?!??
>>
>>44539513
Go reread deathtouch.
>>
>>44558290
We got to have Liliana of the Veil somehow. Might as well do a complete set to get reprint. If she's not there, I'll be fucking mad.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 570x558
>>44539017
>>
>>44543667
Ebin.
>>
>>44560331
Literally never going to happen, not at least until mm3
Cap this post see you in 2017
>>
>>44539017
I don't believe you because the phrasing on that ability is fucking awful
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.