[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primarch Autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10
File: lion.jpg (239 KB, 827x1104) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
239 KB, 827x1104
Who do you think is the most autistic primarch in Warhammer 40k and why is it pic related?
>>
>>44536429
Lion was just an Aspie. He functioned just fine outside of his dismal social skills.

Perturabo had some real mental issues and was definitely more retarded.

Angron was clearly the most retarded though. Admittedly, it's not his fault.
>>
>literal feral child doesn't have the best social skills
>HURRDURR MUST BE AUTISM
I want this meme to die already.
>>
>>44536515
IIRC Autism and Aspergers have been declared to be the same thing now.
>>
>>44536588
just go back to faping to Curze and let us enjoy humor.
>>
>>44536628
Well, he's still not as bad as Perturabo. Or Dorn. Or Russ.

>>44536656
>humor
>>
>>44536656
It's barely "humor"...

>>44536771
All the primarchs are somehow mentally fucked one way or another. It's kind of the point.
>>
>>44536628
Well, AKSHUALLY, autism is a spectrum running from "Just a bit socially retarded and has weird obsessions but mostly normal" to "Fundamentally unable to function as a normal human being and has to live under care for their entire life". Aspies are close to the high-functioning edge of the spectrum. The more you know, and all that.
>>
>>44536429
>>44536429
He may have grown up in a rainforest, but he's definitely the second best Primarch.
>>
>>44536771
I never got the "Russ is retarted" meme... Guy was pretty straight foward
>>
File: sanguinius.jpg (421 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
sanguinius.jpg
421 KB, 1131x1600
>>44536847
well pic related was perfect
>>
>>44537654
1. Russ
2. Horus

POWERGAP
3. Jonson

then who?
>>
>>44537870
he was basically just a viking mixed with a football-playing fratboy then given the powers of a demigod. He was a simple guy, a bit of an asshole but in an amusing and friendly kind of way.
>>
>>44536429
That's not perturabo, he didn't have any fucking reason to turn to chaos and was the perfect opportunity to proof his worth to the Emperor and gain his favour.
>>
>>44537887

Guilliman because of his logistics and empire building autism.
>>
>>44537998
>STEELREHN.JPG
>>
>>44537887
>Russ
>best primarch
>>
>>44536771
Some anons just like to mess with the SW players, there aren't any valid reasons to hate Russ

>hurr durr if Russ wasn't retarded the thousand sons wouldn't have fallen
Yes they would every last thing on the heresy lore is already pre determinated
>>
File: 1451519546469.jpg (477 KB, 2048x1305) Image search: [Google]
1451519546469.jpg
477 KB, 2048x1305
>>44538012
And never forget it.
>>
>>44538031
>there aren't any valid reasons to hate Russ

He's a douche and many primarchs hate him, thus fans of those legions will probably hate him too.
>>
>>44538031
even as someone who likes Russ I agree there are plenty of valid reasons to hate him, mostly him being a viking with all the up and down sides that come with that.
>>
So from this thread so far is it safe to assume that Russ is the most polarizing of the primarchs? everyone either thinks he's the shit or thinks he's plain old shit, no in between.
>>
>>44538082
>He's a douche and many primarchs hate him
Almost all of them traitors, he was tasked with being the astartes police and watch over their shoulder by the Emperor and malcador, you know the guys that actually run the imperium.
>>
>>44538116

Lion hates him, and tons of 30k players are traitor legion players. Traitors seem more popular than loyalists in general.

inb4 DA traitor meme
>>
>>44538083
He was tasked with overseeing everyone's loyalist and suspect of everyone, it's obvious that nobody liked him, but that was his role and he did what he was asked.
>>
>>44538145
true but Lion hates him because Lion went full autist at the idea of other cultures having different traditions
>>
>>44536429
Lion is the most autistic. Perty is just a beta. I'd say Girlyman is up there too
>>
>>44538145
That's why I said almost all of them are traitors, the situation between the lion and Russ is actually one if not the only valid reason for DA to hate him, but even then, they both knew each other was foremost loyal to the Emperor and even if they don't acknowledged each other at least they can admit that both of them are actually fearsome and loyal imperial fighters.
>>
File: 1114141.png (3 MB, 1036x4314) Image search: [Google]
1114141.png
3 MB, 1036x4314
Pic very related
>>
>>44537877

I thought Sanguinius was very self-deprecating internally?
>>
>>44538268
>will return when we need him most
Oh jesus please let this be true

>lured into a trap
>lured
Right.....
>>
>>44536853

Autism runs the range from "Mostly everybody on /tg/, or /v/, social fucktards in general." to "Oh hey! it's Chris-chan!"
>>
>>44538427

Being persuaded into walking into something is still being lured.

Even if the persuasion barely had any effort put behind it.
>>
>>44538553
Persuasion would imply he had to be convinced in some capacity. Its more like he was asked and he accepted.
>>
>>44538580

Bush Jr was a very trusting individual kek

Like a child.

Someone offered him candy, so it's still technically being lured.
>>
Pretty sure most Russ haters are just 1KS fans and 40k players who have negative feelings towards SW in general. And probably BL readers.
>>
>>44536847
What about Horus? He didn't seem Autisitc.
>>
>>44536429
that's not Horus
>>
>>44537976
Didn't Perturabo genocide his entire home world when it went into rebellion and that's what caused him to join Horus since he thought that his father would never forgive him and Horus told him good job which their father never did.
>>
>>44538902

I thought Perturabo joined Horus because he got fucking tired of being the butt end of a joke when it came to everyone else, got tired of having a down-right tiny legion compared to everyone else, and got REALLY fucking tired of being the one who had to spread his entire legion so fucking thin on all the occupied and captured worlds to the point where he could only afford a single marine per planet?
>>
File: images.png (21 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.png
21 KB, 443x332
>>44538902
The pit just deepens with that stupid reason, the only marines worth from that legion were Barabas Dantioch and his marines.
>>
>>44537887

Then the Khan, and then Vulkan for bro points. Afterwards maybe Sanguinius and Magnus.
>>
>>44538815

Hopefully 30k will treat the SW nicer. The Wolves used to be a pretty cool chapter fluff wise, like 10 fucking years ago.
>>
>>44539156
they were cool when they were "let's be vikings in space". Now they're "let's be furries in space"
>>
>>44538409
He was so paranoid about being hated for a mutant he started hating himself and being sad all the time
>>
>>44539575

Combine that with an intense love for his Legion, to the point of keeping secrets from the fucking Emperor about their Thirst and mutations, and Sanguinius was a very flawed individual.

Still best primarch, and flawed in such a believable and personable way makes it better.
>>
>>44539619
All he needed was a guy, or his Dad, to tell him that'll be all ok in the end.
RIP Hawkboy
>>
>>44539684

In my head, I've always pegged Sanguinius for being border-line suicidally depressed, only really keeping on because of his Legion and his brothers.

Mostly because everyone, including Horus, said shit usually along the lines of "He was the best of us." or "He should have been Warmaster, he alone brought us together as brothers." and it makes a perfect set up for "None of us knew he had such (Non-literal) demons inside of him."

And then when he does fucking die it curses his Legion with the Black Rage, which turns everyone into suicidal berserkers.

And now I am sad.
>>
>>44539748
>In my head, I've always pegged Sanguinius

Phrasing.
>>
>>44539795

No anon, that is exactly how I meant it.

I pegged that fucker like Fulgrim is a narcissistic cunt.
>>
>>44537887
The top five Primarchs are-

1) Guilliman
2) Lionel
3) Sanguinius
4) Dorn
5) Russ

Dorn and Sangiunius are a close tie for third, but I rate Sanguinius higher because while he didn't build anything important like Dorn- he also didn't throw his Legion into a meat grinder because HUR DUR DEPRESSION.
>>
>>44539822

If we're talking overall value and not just combat, top 5 are actually

Horus
Sanguinius
Guilliman
Russ?
Lion or Dorn or Magnus (Before he fucked up)?

In no particular order.

Guilliman, Horus, and Sanguinius need no explanation, unless you are a retarded Guilliman-hating meme-spewing faglord. Lion conquered comparable worlds to Guilliman and Horus. Russ was the Emperor's executioner. Magnus was meant to power the throne. Dorn was the protector of Terra.
>>
>>44539857
Horus completely lost first place when it turned out all you needed to turn him from the Emperor was a fucking statue and he fucked over the Imperium. The Lion ranks high because unlike the other Primarchs- he wasn't bitchy and he was literally incorruptible. Jonson is a shining beacon among all the Primarchs because he was dragged through the mud, grew up on a planet corrupted by Nurgle, yet gave no fucks and told the Chaos Gods themselves to GTFO twice. He's proof that traitor Primarchs have no excuse for being treasonous cunts.
>>
>>44539875

The other primarchs didn't have the benefit of autism shielding their brains.

SOMEONE had to be the bad guy in this story.
>>
>>44539875
>yet gave no fucks and told the Chaos Gods themselves to GTFO twice.

He didn't talk to the Chaos Gods directly nor was he poisoned by the Anathme and subjected to Chaos oil massages in a warrior covens.

Don't compare what happened to him with what happened to Horus.
>>
>>44539952
>Not autistic
>Betraying your species, father, brothers, culture, fucking everything over a god damn statue like a bitch

The only list Horus should be on is one for abortions.
>>
>>44539965
Actually I'm pretty sure there was one bit of fluff where the Chaos Gods chatted up the Lion, and got told to shove it.

But as for Horus, nothing excuses his actions. I would have seen through McNeil's shitty writing as a child- the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Horus either had as much loyalty as Italy in WWI or he was just a gods damned idiot.
>>
>>44539822

Replace overrated Russ with underrated Khan and that list is pretty good. You could possibly let Russ on by bumping Dorn down tho - I love me some Dorn, but I love him as a lovable loser, rather than as a good Primarch.
>>
>>44540036
What did Khan do?
>>
>>44539986

Horus is what happens when you spoil your children and keep telling them they are the bestest.
>>
>>44536588
>literal feral child
No less than three Primarchs qualify for this description, probably more. Lion's not special, his circumstances are not unique, his personality obviously reflects more upon his inherent nature than his upbringing.
>>
>>44540041

Similar to Lion'el Jonson he was an aloof figure who managed to hold his own against doubt and corruption. Like Dorn and Sanguinius he gets bonus points for actually making it to Terra - everyone has their excuse, but the Khan was getting delayed too but buckled down to push through. He was also very much a Reasonable dude who pointed out why turbo-autists like Mortarian were stupid for getting their panties in a twist over things like Psykers, knowing that all the Primarchs were touched by the warp, but at the same time, realized that there needed to be moderation. He enjoyed poetry and fine swag, without letting his appreciate of aesthetics overtake him, like Fulgrim. He also was one of the few who didn't underestimate Alpharius, and didn't fall for a trap that would have kept him away from Terra.

Basically, he gets top points for, like the Lion, not having many of the retarded personalities traits of his siblings - and what personality flaws he did have he was self aware enough to keep in balance. Moderation is the name of the Khan's game, and this prevented him from making massive fuckup mistakes. He realized that dignity was more important than pride.
>>
>>44538082
>thus fans of those legions will probably hate him too.
Kinda like how anyone who likes anything that's not Ultramarines is obliged to hate Ultramarines on principle. Spiritual Liege is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1429557533482.jpg (156 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1429557533482.jpg
156 KB, 768x1024
>GET READY
>GET HYPE

>ULTIMATE PRIMARCHS POWER RANKS:

>TOP TIER:

HORUS
GUIRLYMAN
The best on both sides.

>ACTUALLY NOT STUPID TIER:

ALPHOMEGON.
IRON HANDS OF THE IRON HANDS.
BLOODGUY.
MONGOLOID.

>TEENAGE ANXIETY TIER:

KEKHUNTER
CAW CAW CAW
FULGRIM

>MENTALLY CHALLENGED / AUTIST TIER:

WOLF WOLF YIFF YIFF
MORTARION
ANGRY-ON
PERTURBADO
DORN

>DID EVERYTHING WRONG TIER:

LORGAR
MAGNUS
LION

>NIGGER TIER:
VULKAN

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
>>
>>44540110

>muh kek
>muh dank meme
>muh rare pepe

>>>/r9K/
>>
>>44540110
>HORUS
Absolute retard with no loyalty, a child was smarter than him.

>ALPHOMEGON.
Duped by the fucking Eldar of all things.

>LION
Never faltered in his loyalty, could be the last man in the galaxy backed up against a wall by Chaos, would still never turn from his father's side. His Legion was also originally the best, then dropped down to second/third tier when his little bro Guilliman rose from learner to master.
>>
>>44539986
Or BL writers are bad at their jobs.

Wait, that explains so much...!
>>
>>44540161
>Lion
>Not doing anything meaningful until it was pretty clear who would win the war.
>Loyal

Must be hard to see the truth with his dick down your throat.
>>
>>44538268
>Merkel iron willed And stubborn
Ok... Seems likr the creator of that image has no clue about inner-german politics
>>
>>44540083
That, and he was a predestined loyalist who didn't actually do anything of note except "be a loyalist on Terra", so the BL writers had a free hand to subject him to whatever actually creative temptations they could think up without being boxed in by previous material, but had to ensure his ultimately loyalty.

Being the token asian makes him the perfect candidate for yin-yang "balance" bullshit too, since just being the mongol horseman isn't enough by itself.
>>
>>44540110
fixed list edition

>TOP TIER
Guilliman
Sanguinius
Lionel

>ACTUALLY NOT STUPID TIER
Ferrus
Khan

>CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR TIER
Mortarion
Corax
Dorn
Russ

>TEENAGE ANXIETY TIER
Horus
Alpharius
Fulgrim
Kurze
Perturabo

>DUMB FAGGOT TIER
Lorgar
Magnus
Angron

>SOMEHOW EVEN WORSE THAN THOSE FAILURES TIER
II
XI
>>
File: 1451382372946.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1451382372946.gif
796 KB, 320x286
Lionel Messi being an overall win and most loyal.

When will this cancer meme die?
>>
>>44540218
You forgot Vulkn's niggerish tier.
>>
File: REPENT, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE.jpg (173 KB, 950x616) Image search: [Google]
REPENT, FOR TOMORROW YOU DIE.jpg
173 KB, 950x616
>>44540180
Unless you've been sleeping under a Rock, the new fluff from the Horus Heresy series from the past years has completely destroyed any idea of the Lion being a traitor, recasting himself as a borderline paladin with a personality disorder.
>>
>>44540237
yeah, I realized afterwards
>>
>>44540234
Never considering it's the current direction of the fluff. There also was never any fluff pointing the Lion to be a traitor before- it was a "mysterious records lost, draw whatever conclusion you want" sort of thing. But Gav Thorpe, ADB, Abnett, and really the entire writing arm of GW in general sunk the idea like the Titanic.
>>
>>44540180
>Listen to a liar and a traitor
Dude ,the HH and new DA trilogy books prove that Astelan is crazy man
>>
>>44540474

The DA books are so shitty is no surprise people laugh at the Lion.

They're so poorly written, with borderline vegetable characters and stupid motivations that, by comparison, turn the overall "daddy issues" of the HH into a masterpiece of modern literature.

Seriously, they made the WE and WB interesting and brought up some cool characters meanwhile a iconic Legion like the DA got utterly shitted bad awful writing.
>>
>>44540525
dont spill shit on da cuz of your fapping to autismo I legion
>>
>>44540525
*by awful writing

Need more coffe to keep the hate train rolling.
>>
>>44539857
Wait, so what am I if I like Guilliman but fucking hate the Ultramarines?
>>
>>44540525
hey the new DA trilogy was pretty danm good
and Angel of Darkness is one of the best SM book
others is ok too like Dark dark vengeance
only bad DA books is HH
>>
>>44540538
Then you're mah nigga.
>>
>>44540545
I was talking about the HH books. Which are trash, including the short stories.

I don't know about that DA trilogy tho, never been a huge fan of the I.
>>
>>44540525
The HH is shit in general.
>>
Russ definitely had Asperger's:

>Strange obsession with wolves and has no real interests outside that other than his job
>Completely unable to articulate complex points, such as why he thinks Rune Priests are different to Librarians
>Can't into humour, thinks that just suddenly and inappropriately laughing is the same as communicating a joke
>Poor emotional intelligence and empathy e.g. cannot understand why someone would be angry at him for causing an actual 24 hour long fight over nothing, the poor way he handled his opposition to Librarians
>No precision in his movement, fighting style was "wild" meaning flailing
>Strange speech pattern covered up by accent
>No social skills outside his chosen group

To demonstrate, lets take a scenario where Russ and one of his more normal brothers did the same action and see the difference:

When Russ attacked Lion, he was clumsy, failing and just completely uncoordinated, had no understandable reason for doing so, and this resulted in a long fight with his brother just trying to keep him from breaking something. No comprehension of the consequences of his actions.

When Lion decked Russ, he did so with one clean, precise blow for a specific reason, achieving exactly what he wanted, and then he stopped. Then he left the scene because he understood the social fallout that could occur and wisely opted to avoid it.
>>
>>44541586
Man i wonder if the Emperor raise all the Primarchs by himself would they have similar personality or each will be diffirent
>>
>>44541653
Going off of Horus, they'd probably at least be better adjusted.
>>
>>44541586
>>Strange obsession with wolves and has no real interests outside that other than his job

Russ had no obsession with Wolves nor did he feel connected to Fenris. In fact, he wanted to raise his legion somewhere because he knew that Fenris's culture is not suited to producing warriors fit to serve the glory of the Emperor.

Guess what happened? The Emperor told him to keep being the Wolf King and told him that his legion will relocated to Fenris and that they will be educated about Fenris's culture. So if it was the Emperor who was a furry and forced Russ into Wolfdom.
>>
>>44541726
hmm Horus still has like decades on his own being King of a world, if he is with the Emperor since the beginning will it end diffirent ?
>>44541738
yeah i heard that too
is it BL or GW coming up with?
>>
>>44541786
>is it BL or GW coming up with?

BL.

Read the novella "Wolf King".
>>
>>44536847
This.

And what talent's they did have were often wasted because the Emperor wanted them all to be generals despite many of them being very unsuited to the role.
>>
File: red riding hood.jpg (544 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
red riding hood.jpg
544 KB, 1024x768
>>44537887
>>44537887
>1. Russ

Nah. Very, very nah.
>>
>>44540525
"they" ??? ADB made those legions good. WE and WB are derpy in other books

DA books are so so.
>>
>>44540525
Can't really disagree with that. Mostly loved the Horus Hersey series from Horus Rising to Fulgrim...and then we get Descent of Angels followed by Legion. Absolute trash. From then on it has been a mixed bag.
>>
>>44541586
>Strange obsession with wolves and has no real interests outside that other than his job
not true as of "Wolf King"
>Completely unable to articulate complex points, such as why he thinks Rune Priests are different to Librarians
>Can't into humour, thinks that just suddenly and inappropriately laughing is the same as communicating a joke
no idea were you are getting this
>Poor emotional intelligence and empathy e.g. cannot understand why someone would be angry at him for causing an actual 24 hour long fight over nothing, the poor way he handled his opposition to Librarians
I take it you are talking about the fight with the Lion? that 3 day fight? or something else?
>No precision in his movement, fighting style was "wild" meaning flailing
Wild doesn't mean flailing you tard, it means in context, fierce or ferocious, or possible uncivilized or barbarous.
>Strange speech pattern covered up by accent
Everyone has a accent, barring the BIG E, who is the 'eveyman'
>No social skills outside his chosen group
again not true, he plays games with Malcador, has friendly banter with Logan in VS

you are a dumb Wolfy hate who lacks both critation or understanding
>>
>>44540218
The problem with this 'list' as with all of them, is it lends no context or explanation. for example, How is Sang on par with Gill or lion? how is Ferrus "not stupid", when told by 2 brothers to wait, slow down and wait for more men, his blind rage pushed him forwards. same lvl as Pert or angron
>>
>>44541586
>talking out of my arse and irrelevant opinion the post
Get real facts faggot.
>>
>>44540065
Yes but they talked to another Human during the first 5 years of there life
>>
>>44542626
>Fenrisians
>Human

No
>>
>>44542221
>no idea were you are getting this

The laughing thing is from his defeat at the hands of the Lion, which you seem unfamiliar with, so maybe you want to read up on that.

The Rune Priest thing is just a comment on his general inability to convincingly outline why Rune Priests aren't psykers. If you can state that without it sounding like semantic bollocks go ahead.

>Wild doesn't mean flailing you tard, it means in context, fierce or ferocious, or possible uncivilized or barbarous.

So not precise, graceful or controlled. What's your point?

>again not true, he plays games with Malcador, has friendly banter with Logan in VS
Asperger's sufferers can socialize quite well with select people they feel familiar or safe enough with. They struggle when they're forced to read people's emotions, such as during conflict.

For examples of Russ failing to understand people outside of his safe-space, see his defeat against Lion and his defeat against Angron, both times where he completely misread the other person, failed to communicate, and got his shit pushed in as a result.

>Everyone has a accent, barring the BIG E, who is the 'eveyman'

Right, but when taken with the rest of the evidence of his social problems, it becomes clear that there's something more going on there.
>>
>>44540110
>Hating on the big V
>>
>>44542626
Russ didn't, at all.
Curze might have heard human voices - mostly screams - but he never spoke with any humans during the early years of his life.
Ferrus Manus probably qualifies, he definitely grew up in the wilderness fighting monsters, only the exact timeframe is unknown.
Mortarion's only contact for the first decade or two was a single xenos giant and a bunch of animated corpses.
Perturabo grew up alone for a shot time in the wilderness ("discovered as a child, climbing sheer cliffs"), we just don't know how long it was for.
Angron was discovered surrounded by the corpses of the xenos who tried to murder him, then captured like an animal, sold into slavery, and mutilated in mind and body.
>>
Everyone who isn't Roboute, Magnus, Rogal Dorn.
>>
>>44538080
He looks like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>44538083
more like a weird caricature of viking a lot like Nords from The Elder Scrolls

if there was a space marine chapter that specialises in swift raids on enemy territory it would be cool and actually fucking viking like
>>
>>44545416
>>44538080
Not Russ
>>
>>44538226
>Lion
>Loyal
>>
>>44536628
Aspergers has literally always been a form of Autism, and has never been a different thing. You can't just be "Autistic" dude, you have to have a specific kind of Autism.

It's like saying you play Space Marines without stating what Chapter. What you said in your comment was basically: "IIRC Space Marines and Blood Angels have been declared to be the same thing now."
>>
File: 1451707473253.png (150 KB, 940x620) Image search: [Google]
1451707473253.png
150 KB, 940x620
>>44545984
>doubting of the Lion's loyalty
>>
>>44540251
You are weeeak Vulkan.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.