[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Codex updates in 2016 edition >Rules databases https
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 40k_whuur_general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k_whuur_general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
No Codex updates in 2016 edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
First for best primarch and best legion
>>
>>44534953
Fucking didn't remember the title edition because I'm a faggot sub edition.

It's up to you guys if I should delete it or not.
>>
>>44535001
Well I can find it in the catalog anyways so I guess it's fine.
>>
File: 1451618821687.jpg (361 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
1451618821687.jpg
361 KB, 800x1066
>>44534993
>mfw I can't remember any of the Primarchs names or what they did
30k Ork Warbosses when Forgeworld?
>>
>>44535001
Not a big deal, i just skin the catalog for the image.
>>
>>44535001
Leave it, it's not like the picture is different or anything
>>
Hey the battleforces are back up for preorder
>>
Inquisition and deathwatch(space marine veterans) player here. Is there any chance GW might make a legitimate codex(not recycled grey knights inquisition), a data slate, or some new models? If not, at least I am not Sisters of Battle.
>>
>>44535181
I've heard rumors of rumors of Death Watch
Also you're 5 man squads should be power ranger colored
>>
>>44533068

I am guessing you are the anon who helped me make the list because that is exactly what I run with the RW command squad and support squad.

Next time I am going to let it come to the ground before I bother to do anything.
>>
File: 0.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>44535066
I hope you at least are well versed in Ork Lore.
>>
>>44535207
Holy shit power ranger deathwatch sounds amazing.
>>
>>44535066
Dude, thats batman
>>
>>44535237
Blue: Smurfs, Crimson Fists or Wolves
Yellow: Imp Fist
Red:Blood Angel
Black: Black Templar, Iron Hands?
Pink:fuck if I know off hand
>>
File: grey-knights-force.jpg (577 KB, 985x637) Image search: [Google]
grey-knights-force.jpg
577 KB, 985x637
Starting a GK force and need some help. Right now, here's what I'm wanting:

Librarian, ML3, halberd, storm bolter, Domina Liber - 165

5-man Terminator squad, psycannon, hammer, halberd on justicar (in case he gets challenged), 2 swords - 197

2x 5-man interceptor squad, 1 hammer, 3 falchion guys, 1 incinerator, teleport homer - 390

Stormraven, TL las cannon, TL multi melta - 200

2x Dreadknights with sword, heavy incinerator, psycannon - 450

Puts me at 1402, and I was shooting for a 1500-1750 point army list. If I go with the Nemesis FOC, I'd have to combine the interceptor squads and lose out on a teleport homer. What's the best place to go from here? Add another terminator squad or Paladin squad? My goal with the interceptor squads is to provide a safe landing spot for the terminators.
>>
>>44535244
Psychopathic Space Batman best Batman
>>
>>44535286
Just found imperial stars, like no fluff on them though.
>>
Anyone else here not buying a start collecting set because they didn't release one for your army, or because the one they released sucks?
>>
>>44535454
both
That Blood Angel one is sickening though and the Space Marine one is why even fucking bother
>>
>>44535225
I am, idk other than Sanguinius and Horus idk what any of the other Primarchs were doing during the crusade/heresy
>>
>>44535386
Oh, the dreadknights also have teleporters, forgot to list that. The cost is the same.
>>
>>44535225
I am, idk other than Sanguinius and Horus idk what any of the other Primarchs were doing during the crusade/heresy

>>44535454
that fucking Ork box, doesn't even come with a formation and they call it a starter set, with no Boyz
>>
>>44535511
Dorn was defending Terra and storming with Emps
Russ was kicking asses but was also manipulated by Horus a bit before his betrayal was revealed
I don't remember the rest off hand and even then I might of gotten some of this wrong too
>>
>>44535454
Is the Dark Eldar bundle worth it? I'm just getting into 40k.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 240x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 240x351
>>44535386
So anon, how are you planning to convert your Dreadcucks?
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>44535596
Honestly? I'm not. Their aesthetic doesn't bother me too much, and the effort to convert them to look better would just be too much work to be worth it. Plus they're a really fun kit to paint and build.
>>
>>44535588

Not really, unfortunately. Wracks suck.
>>
>>44535511
>>44535581
Magnus was doing nothing wrong
>>
So these new combo boxes, will they be the full kits? Looking to get into 40K via killteam. The Tau box has FW and crisis suits, two units I was planning on starting my collection with anyway. These boxes have me drooling but im worried that they wont have a full options spread. Other than two force starting boxes, has GW pulled something like this before?
>>
>>44535643
They're full kits, they always include full kits in boxes.
>>
>>44535643
Instead of answering you, let me ask you this. How would GW go about reliably removing options from the sprues without spending money?
>>
Newer player here. I've got Dark Angels.

How the fuck do you deal with Tau?
>>
>>44535454
>>44535486
>>44535555
>>44535588
PROTIP: the "Start Collecting: [army] bundle" (with the codices) are bullshit one-click bundles they made up last minute to fool retards. They offer a whopping ZERO PERCENT savings.

The "Start Collecting! [army]" ones are the actual starter boxes with actual savings, around 20-40% depending on the army.
>>
>>44535638
Doesn't 5 in a Venom with 2 Ossefactors do okay?
>>
>>44535767
Drop 5 deathwing squads in their face and hope for the best.
>>
>>44535783
now you're just making words up
>>
>>44535581
Russ was the most responsible for the Hersey that didn't turn to Chaos.

If he had acted rationally Magnus would have been loyal.
>>
>>44535286
Green: Salamander who shows up now and then to pull their asses out of the fire.
>>
>>44535804
What's that one Fleshbane AP2 Weapon that's assault 1 with a 24" range called then?
>>
>>44535767
What's he running.
>>
>>44535794
That's what I figured. I've got a venerable dread and a drop pod coming. 3 squads of termi's currently and I think I want some knights next. My bikes did dick all against my friends tau gunline.
>>
>>44535894
Knights are fantastic, easily some of the best TEQs in the game. Just remember (especially against tau) you never want to bunch them up if you're expecting s7+ blasts coming at you. The T5 buff does nothing there.

Might be worth bringing an attack squadron still for the summon the deathwing rule and some accurate grav/plasma/melta shots from the bikes and speeder.
>>
>>44535830
The squidinator
>>
>>44534993
That's not Sangüinius.
>>
>>44536069
you're not sanguinius
>>
recently acquired for free some Dark eldar:
2 sail boats
5 mandrakes
1 spikey spooky monster
1 venom
10 kabalite bros
5 harlys

is this a good find? what else do i need to acquire to round this out to 1850 or 2000?

i could use a hand here, i intend to buy a codex tomorrow and have some money to get some models.

any advice?
>>
>>44535640
>>44535816
Russ was right
>>
File: sanguinor.jpg (12 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
sanguinor.jpg
12 KB, 234x215
>>44536146
Aren't I?
>>
>>44536228
for all the future sight magnus had, he sure got tricked.
>>
>>44536184
Ally with eldar if you want to win, use the mega to check codecies before you spend your dollarydoos.

>Select all squares with Gift Boxes
>>
>>44536263
No, I'm Sanguinius
>>
>>44536228
"Alright the Emperor wants me to detain Magnus and bring him back unharmed. Simple enough."

>Call from Horus
>The Emperor changed his mind and wants you to kill everyone and burn his home planet for reason. K bye.

"Well I'll be damned, sounds cool though so let's genocide a planet!"

Daily reminder Sanguinus, Guilliman, Lion, Dorn, Volcan and Ferrus would have double checked.
>>
>>44536307
>Daily reminder Sanguinus, Guilliman, Lion, Dorn, Volcan and Ferrus would have double checked.

>Corax not listed
Cawcaw confirmed retard
>>
>>44536307
Corax would have already been there double checking
>>
>>44536307
You gotta remember that Mangus is a fucking nerd though. It was only natural of Russ
>>
File: 1432541458491.jpg (82 KB, 695x715) Image search: [Google]
1432541458491.jpg
82 KB, 695x715
>>44536146
I know
>>
>>44536409
>>44536456
why
>>
Wanted to ask peoples opinion on miniature storage cases. Looking at the GW Battle/Crusade case. Ideally I would like to be able to store all of my army in 1 case, currently it consists of 1 Landraider, 1 Rhino, 1 Stormraven, 2 Dreadknights, account for 30-40 infantry. And I have my eyes on an imperial knight in the future.
Is this possible in 1 case? I haven't looked at cases outside of GW due to being in Australia and severely limited in options due to that.
>>
>>44536373
>>44536358
Corax would have had Magnus in custody without Magnus knowing before Horus called.
>>
>>44536307
>>44536358
Daily remainder that the Emperor instructed Horus to give the order to Russ to capture magnus and he change it to kill so Russ and magnus killed each other and denied both to the loyalists.

and magnus had already sold his soul his soul to Tzeench, he and the thousand sons were fucked from the beginning

Russ was right
>>
>>44535816
>loyal Magnus
>able to relieve the burden of the Golden Throne
>Remnants of Thousand Sons cloistered near the throne where the light of the Astronomican keeps their mutagenic genes at bay
>Emperor can focus on recovering post fight instead keeping the Imperium together as a psychic lighthouse
>Iskander Khayon never helps Abaddon rebuild the Black Legion
>Blood Ravens publically acknowledged as Thousand Sons genetic descendants
>Sire several new Chapters of similarly psyker-oriented chapters
>Peaceful Psychic Renaissance in the Imperium
>Galaxy Saved
Thanks Russ.
>>
>>44536624
Mag already sold his soul to Aizen though
also didn't he accidentally the webway?
>>
>>44536587
>>44536673

>doubting the Emperor could wrest his son from the clutches of Tzeentch without even trying

HERESY
E
R
E
S
Y
>>
Is the Tau box set worth it if I already have three squads of fire warriors and 7 crisis suits?
>>
>>44536711
It's a very nice deal, especially since they're the newer versions of the models.
>>
>>44536296
is it not enough to just go fast?
>>
>>44536624
>loyal magnus
>actually possesed by Tzeench because he long time ago forfeited his soul to Tzeench
>all thousand sons souls were already on Tzeench possession
>Tzeench possesed magnus open the gate
>every legion librarian makes pacts with daemons to attain more powers and eventually fall to chaos
>the chaos gate below the throne is opened and sol system is lost
>a new age of darkness and rampant daemons infest the materium
>the galaxy is lost to darkness forever
Thanks magnus

Russ was right
>>
>>44536688
>>44536673
The Emperor already backed out of one deal with Chaos already. He and Magnus can do it again. Then they're down to just doing whatever it is that the Blood Ravens did to survive the flesh change.

If Russ doesn't just murder the the 15th legion at Prospero, the loyalists gain two full strength legions. One of which will be imprisoned at Terra when the Heresy begins.
>>
>>44536711
sure

make some breachers and go full infantry tau
>>
>>44536773
Russ was wrong: >>44536778
>>
>>44536688
>consorting with the weak and tainted

HERESY
E
R
E
S
Y

The Emperor knows there can be no redemption to those tainted by chaos, and when he expunged his last weaknesses he destroyed his most beloved son soul because there is no turning back to those deviants
>>
>>44536711
It's new kits for everything in the box (its the new Ethereal from the infiltration box I'm pretty sure) so it's nice if only for that. The new crisis kits are really cool, too, especially if you want to use the Iridium armor pieces to make a special kill team dude.
>>
>>44537004
Do you know if the iridium suit is a whole body section extra, or if its all just bits you put on one of the three in the kit?

I honestly can't identify much from pics of the kit, and the gw sprue pics are of the broadside instead.

What makes a suit iridium in the kit?
>>
>>44536778
>>44536848
The Emperor could back down, because he is more than equal than those false gods, he can't save the weak from their own sins, he couldn't save Magnus, he couldn't save Horus, when he knew this he did the right thing, he destroyed them and leave behind the purest blade and the surest shield against chaos, the GK, to forever hunt those weak and guilty of betrayal.

And Russ knew the sin and weakness of Magnus and his warriors, plain to see for everyone and the error of his ways, ultimately Magnus fall because his own incompetence, he should not play with things he didn't understand, he shouldn't broke the Emperor mandate, if he could for one second stop and hear everyone's warning perhaps only then he would not have fallen, but he didn't.

Russ was right.
>>
>>44536889
>>44537097

Nigga, the entire reason he didn't blam Horus upon sight was because he thought he could turn him.

Magnus was only turned because he thought the Emperor abandoned him and hated him. He could have easily been purified once he saw the Emperor still loved him.

Don't doubt the Emperor's power. Horus was an entirely different matter than Magnus.
>>
>>44536307
He didn't double check because him and the wolfie wolfs had already killed 2 Legions. He's the guy Emps sends to kill other Space Marines.
>>
>>44537181
That doesn't mean you should take the third one lightly
>>
File: blitz brigade.jpg (577 KB, 1134x1545) Image search: [Google]
blitz brigade.jpg
577 KB, 1134x1545
Any idea why the Blitz Brigade's page includes the rules that only affect the actual Orks?

Do passengers that wouldn't normally have them gain them if they use the wagons? Or are they just there because ALL the formations have them.
>>
>>44537223
I'm just saying, it didn't surprise him, considering Emps had warned them not to mess with the warp and banned it. He probably thought it was justified and had no reason to doubt his brother.
>>
>>44537176
The Emperor and Horus knew there was no turning back, and the Emperor did what he already knew and decided at the moment he make his attack, he destroyed Horus.

There was no salvation to Magnus either, he knew it, and that knowledge destroyed and splintered his very being at the moment of his ascension, when he saw himself when he breached the Emperor's webway he knew he was lost.
>>
>>44537246
Lazy copy&paste. The wagons have to challenge whenever possible now, great thanks GW.
>>
>>44537072
I'm not sure, but if you look at the pictures on the website (the red one is Iridium) and the pictures of the sprue it looks like it's just the front half of the torso.
>>
>>44537246
It's weird but basically by watching that page I would assume the brigade win only scout and the embarked units the rule that doesn't allow them to assault, that second rule is so un-orkish if you ask me, orkz know no limits.
>>
Would kitbashing pink honors and basic CSM be a good idea? I want my CSM army to look very mutated and such. Does anyone have any pictures of this, or anything like it?
>>
>>44537401
It's just there to prevent turn 1 assaults
Because only shooty units are allowed to kick ass without taking punishment first
>>
>>44537326
If there was no salvation for Magnus, why was the Emperor's order to bring him to Terra? Why not dispatch the Wolves with full sanction?
>>
>>44536483
New GW cases are pretty good but they struggle more with vehicles than with infantry.

You're probably better off getting raster foam aka. pick and pluck, I personally recommend Feldherr as it's been working out for me.
>>
>>44537461
As a non ork player, I firmly believe orks need all the help they can get.
>>
>>44536483
Did you glue the wings onto your stormraven?

It's often a good idea to magentize/pin the wings on flyers because they become 400% harder to transport if they're fully assembled.

Anyway, you would probably be able to fit everything you listed into a crusade case, the only doubtful elements are the land raider/stormraven combo, but you could just carve out the very bottom foam trays and put one in each.
>>
>>44537326
Like I said before Magnus was just pouting because he broke his daddy's favorite toy. Horus did it for entirely different reasons.

There is no reason to think the Big E couldn't explain the situation to his son and bitch slap the fuck out of Tzeentch to get him back. The Emperor was feared by the Chaos God's for a damn good reason, he wasn't a pansy ass bitch that couldn't get his son back.

If the Emperor thought it was too late for Magnus he would have told Russ to kill him. Hell he thought a fucking Daemon Avatar Horus could be saved, there's no doubting he could have easily turned Magnus who was just simply just scared and confused.
>>
>>44537488
Because he didn't knew GW decided Magnus would be a bad guy and didn't mattered what he wanted.

Also it was Magnus inescapable fate, the Emperor tried to save him, Horus and the chaos gods had another plans for him and his legion.
>>
>>44537513
Haven't yet assembled Stormraven, so will keep this in mind when I do so.
How would an Imperial Knight fair in a GW case?

>>44537492
Yeah this is what I feared with the new GW foam design. looks great for infantry but not so much vehicles.
>>
>>44537503
Word. Yannow what would be cool? Give Deffrollas Str D against infantry or something. They still have actually get to you so it would be cool to try to maneuver away from it if it was actually scary.
>>
>>44537521
>There is no reason to think the Big E couldn't explain the situation to his son and bitch slap the fuck out of Tzeentch to get him back. The Emperor was feared by the Chaos God's for a damn good reason, he wasn't a pansy ass bitch that couldn't get his son back.

Let's not kid ourselves, It is too late for anything, there was never a what if scenario since the beginning of the HH, i would have loved the iron warriors remained loyal but everything on HH is already decided, all this is an inescapable fate.

Magnus was dammed, the primarchs couldn't be turned back and Russ was right.
>>
>>44537586
SD would be a bit too much, I'd multiple hits with some sort of AP value that are multiplied if you fail the morale check to get out the way. So 4th ed rules.
>>
>>44537586
I would give them back the old mob rule, both of them the one from 4th and 2nd edition to become fearless and allow running units to join others.

And something for shooting, to always shoot at full bs no matter the situation.

And the old extra armour to improve their armour save by 1 and make big choppas ap3
>>
>>44537669
Bump up to I3 standard too
No reason they should be as slow as Necrons
>>
>>44537669
Also Nobs should be T5 with 2w, they are monstrously big, bigger than marines.
>>
>>44537745
True that, they seem at least as fast as any human.
>>
>>44537669
>>44537745

let them charge and get an init boost, like the old days
big choppas AP4, AP3 on the charge
normal choppas AP 6 AP 5 on the charge
bring back mop-up, which is the unit joining units rule, but still have that unit count as destroyed if they do mop up
bring back the Warboss's "council" of nobs and weirdboyz
bring back cohesive looted vehicle rules, for using vehicles from AM, SM, and tau
bring in klan rules
turn red paint back to what it was
turn deff rollas back to what they were
make gork/morkanauts superheavies, or give them some sort of invul
bring back invuls for orks, or at least make cybork improve FNP from other sources

Allow gorka/morkanauts to count as deffdreads for killa kans coward rule, and make killa kans cheaper again.

This is mostly wishlisting, but a lot of these are just things that wouldn't even be that broken, and maybe make orks a bit more competative.
>>
>>44537745
The difference between I2 and I3 is practically nothing.

You get to hit Tau and Necron before they get to fight back, but they're mostly shooty and relatively durable so the amount of damage you reduce on yourself is negligible. You get to hit simultaneously as Imperial Guard but they aren't very choppy so you won't gain much there either.

I4 and up is when initiative actually starts mattering.
>>
>>44537813
It'd mean Nobz at I4 and Warbosses at I5
>>
>>44537793
What's funny is that even though it's a long wish list it all seems perfectly reasonable. I mean, compare it to the nearly codex-wide power increase Eldar got and it's not even impressive. Goes to show how much help Orks need right now.
>>
>>44537813
Hitting Tau first actually matters now with Ghostkeels running around. A full fire team is actually pretty good at mopping hurt units up in combat. Plus, like, the indignity of not even being quicker in combat than the worst CQC race in the game is just mean.
>>
>>44537854
yeah, there's some more things i wouldn't mind too, like giving stormboys the ability to take 'eavy armor, and letting nobs take big shootas, and boyz take burnas. One thing i would love, is letting you mix and match boys with shootas and sluggas, so you don't have to take a full unit of both.

Also they left in stikkbomm chuckas for vehicles even though all orks now have assault grenades. The only unit in the codex that that upgrade would work for now, is grots.
>>
HQ
Librarian: Level 2, Conversion Field - 110 pts

Troops
10 Tacticals: Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Combi-Plasma - 180 pts
10 Tacticals: Meltagun, Combi-melta, Rhino - 195 pts

Elites
5 Deathwing Terminators: Assault Cannon - 220 pts

Fast Attack
3 Black Knights: Power Sword, Melta Bombs - 137 pts

Heavy Support
7 Devastators: 4 Missile Launchers - 158 pts <-Librarian

Total - 1000 pts

Rhino Tacs drive forward for an objective, plasma Tacs sit on a home objective, Librarian will take divination I guess. What I need help with mostly is the static Tac load out, all that plasma seems REALLY risky, and I think I might have enough plasma from the Knights as is. I have considered putting them in a rhino and giving them a flamer + combi-flamer instead, but my meta is mostly marines with a few tau and a sprinkling of everything else.
>>
>>44537793
>using vehicles from AM, SM, and tau
Or at least make it more survivable not 11 11 10 shit and with more primary and secondary weapon options, I sincerely can't see the use other races tanks back ever again

>Allow gorka/morkanauts to count as deffdreads for killa kans coward rule, and make killa kans cheaper again.
This and to allow the killa kans to add a deff dread to their unit for every 3 kans
>>
File: 1451510099532.jpg (13 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1451510099532.jpg
13 KB, 496x499
One of you niggers is thunderpsyker. Better fucking finish "The Emperor's finest", I need to have closure. What hast become of Captain Johny.
>>
>>44537927
>I sincerely can't see the use other races tanks back ever again
Which feels daft to me because it really would print money, avoid the whole "no model no rules" IP protection thing and leaves room for an orky vehicle upgrade kit which even after getting the hang of plasticard I'd still buy for wheels and the like. Just add in the caveat that the vehicles need to actually look properly looted and orkified or it cannot be fielded in an ork army as well if they're scared of people using models from their other armies as well.
>>
>>44537927
exactly, orks used to be able to actually take land raiders and chimeras. I mean they were limited to 0-1 or 0-3 of the choices depending on which army/model you took, but still, having a land raider to move your nobs across the field would be real keen.

And speaking of nobs, a normal nob with a powerklaw should not cost more than a meganob.
>>
>>44537602
Bro, the entire tragedy of the Horus Hersey is that almost everything was preventable if people acted logically.

Almost every event was preventable from the beginning.

If the Emperor was more open with his sons.

If Horus and Magnus understood their fathers secrecy.

If Magnus did not breech the shield.

If the loyalists had sniffed out the drop pod massacre.

If Russ didn't try to kill Magnus.

If Dorn, Sanguinus and Emperor, or even Dorn and Sanguinus confronted Horus together.

If the Emperor didn't give Horus a chance.

And many more opportunities I don't know about.
>>
>>44538219
>even Dorn and Sanguinus confronted Horus together.
Does adorning Horus with two dead primarchs instead of one really make things better?
>>
>>44537813
>The difference between I2 and I3 is practically nothing
What about Initiative tests?
>>
>>44538250

Fighting 1v2 in a completely different situation than fighting 1v1.

You have to fight more reserved and think more tactically. Instead of beating up on a war torn Primarch, he has to face two at the same time.

That's gonna take a lot more time and allow the Emperor to show up.
>>
>>44538280
in the normal game they are so few and far between that it really doesn't matter much. If they used init tests for more things then it would make things a lot more complicated, but as it is now, there's not enough to really worry about that.
>>
>>44538219
Ferrus derping out, dropping his hammer and focusing on trying to break the sword he made instead of, y'know, just winding that mofo up and turning that freak into purple paste. The fuuny thing is the rules even reflect this mistake; without his hammer Ferrus gets danced all over by Fulgrim, but with said hammer the fight is pretty much over the moment he lands a single concussive hit.
>>
>>44538120

>And speaking of nobs, a normal nob with a powerklaw should not cost more than a meganob.

This just goes to show how much of the Ork codex was a lazy copy-paste. MANZ used to be cheaper because Nobz could take a Painboy and Cybork Bodies, thus giving them FNP and a 5++ save. It was a compromise; you got your 2+ save but if you were hit by Ap2 weaponry, you had no saves.

Then the new codex came along and gutted Cybork Body into oblivion because of Iron Hands, and Painboyz became HQ choices. Suddenly the only thing the Nob had going for it over MANZ was the ability to take a WAAAGH banner, and whaddayaknow, one of the new relics turned out to be a really awesome WAAAGH banner, so you could give a squad of MANZ one if you really wanted to.

And thus Nob squads disappeared from the tabletop.

>GW's new "Starter" bundle for Orks isn't even a legal force
>Has fucking Flash Gitz of all things in it
>Their Kult of Speed bundle has Flash Gitz in it

You can keep pushing them as much as you like GW, but unless you change their rules, people aren't going to field them.
>>
File: 1451046105937.png (112 KB, 273x313) Image search: [Google]
1451046105937.png
112 KB, 273x313
>>44538425
Question, what happened with the iron Hans that resurrected all their dead brothers at istvaan heads?
>yfw they probably switched ferrus heads with another legionary head before the Phoenician took it.
>>
>>44534953
What happened with that mega that had all of those ebooks?
>>
>>44538800
Probably copied it down wrong. I'm on mobile and do t usually create generals.

But goddamn it was taking forever for someone to step up and I need my shit posting.
>>
>>44538800
It died around 7-8 months ago and we lost the STC for it.
>>
why do I suddenly feel like starting a tau army centered around kroot?
>>
>>44538961

KROOT AND TAU STAND AS ONE clickclickgarble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPUs6RlPnc
>>
>>44538961
Is the old Kroot dex from a few years ago still legal? Space chickens or bust
>>
>>44539024
apparantly the kroot guns are still rapid fire (and not assault) and also no longer give +1 A? why
>>
>>44539146
Because it's the Gunhammer 40/k/ edition and Tau aren't allowed to have any CC units becuase it would mean less shooting
>>
newfag here.
Is it possible to make a tau army that's good but doesn't come off like a no fun allowed asshole?
>>
>>44539243
Dawn Blade Contingent.
>>
>>44537246
>>44537401
Its moot because you already cant assault after scouting anyway
>>
>>44539243

Don't include more than one Riptide. Don't use Stormsurges. Don't make your Ghostkeel 2++. Don't use any formations. Don't take a bunch of cheap skimmers and unload a billion drones. Don't herd enemies in with Piranha squads or get tank shock happy. Don't JSJ around the same line of sight blocking terrain all game long.
>>
>>44539361
You just laid out the guidelines for gun line Tau.
>>
Swarmlord in Tyrannocyte, along with 3 venomthropes in another tyrannoctye

Or

Swarmlord in Tyrannocyte, along with 3 Tyrant Guard in a second one

Or

Swarmlord and Tyrant Guard foot slogging
>>
>>44539357

The unit inside the transport isn't doing the Scout move; the transport is.

Nothing in the Scout rule actually prevents you from charging out of an open-topped Scouting transport on Turn 1. That's why the rule is there. However, the rule merely prevents you from charging on the first player turn, not the first game turn, so you can charge in your first turn if you go second.

Either way, the enemy always has at least one turn to try and pop your transports.
>>
Old Ork mob rule sucks and only benefitted boys, which suck.

New mob rule is far superior it just needs refinement and no fucking d6 strength 4 hits.

If only Nobs were cheaper, miss those little power houses with s6 and s7 on the charge. Big choppas why you suck so hard.
>>
File: NERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg (202 KB, 682x1020) Image search: [Google]
NERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg
202 KB, 682x1020
Tzeentch update when?
I need magic niggers to go with my robot niggers and my drug niggers
>>
Are the formations for the starter set's known?
>>
>>44539420
3rd option with Venomthropes.
>>
>>44539486

not yet
>>
>>44539426
I really want this to be true, like I'd go out and buy 4 battle wagons from GW for this absolutely game breaking formation true. But I can't see anywhere that states the unit embarked isn't considered to also be making the scout move.
>>
>>44539501
Are people assuming that they are just ways to field the models? Or that they might actually be good?
>>
>>44539361
Are markerlights really frowned upon? They seem kinda too good.
>>
>>44539506
Because the unit isn't moving, the transport is
>>
>>44539465
>tfw horde armies all have overpriced units in the codex and elite/non-horde xenos armies keep getting point reductions

Let's see how many Riptides/WKs we can put in a list compared to GorkaMorkanauts.
>>
>>44539420>>44539420
First one, it's expensive but a threat that needs to be dealt with otherwise Swarm Lord fucks shit up. Covers you from ap3 wankery and puts you in prime position for some up close psychic powers and tyrannocyte shooting.
>>
>>44539517

Yes, but you Tau need them so you'll have to take them anyway. Pathfinders are the worst ways to take them and perhaps the most fair way to take them. Marker drones are the best way. Tetras and Skyrays used to be the best way.
>>
>>44539517
Depends. Most Tau models struggle without some sort of markerlight support. The army is designed to use them.

That said, taking a ton of them and ignoring all cover always can be overwhelming for most players and down right broken against others.

Take them in moderation, and if you choose to take a lot of them, try to use the ignores cover as little as possible.
>>
>>44539471
Later this year. There's no way Rubrics get an updated kit without new rules.
>>
>>44539574
>>44539551
How much is considered too much?
>>
>>44539517

Count 6-9 markerlights per 1000 points
>>
>>44539580
Excellent.
Means i've got plenty of time to set up a fund to get a 2k army, even though i'll only buy 500pts worth on D1 unless leaks look good
>>
>>44539517

If you always have enough tokens to ignore cover and get at least +2BS, you have too many markerlights.

But as long as you're not spamming MCs and GCs you should just do whatever you want and it should be fine.
>>
>>44539538
I love doing point comparisons between units and just seeing the sheer amount of lack of thought that has gone into it with no template or design aspect being in place that would help create a standard point table.
>>
>>44539465
The randomness is a huge part of why I hate current mob rule, ESPECIALLY when it wants you to randomly allocate between what could be two over dozen models

How about something like
>If a unit meets any TWO of these criteria...
>-Is locked in combat
>-Has a character
>-Is over 10 models strong
>...Then it is Fearless
>If a unit meets ONE of those criteria, it rerolls failed leadership tests
>If a unit meets NONE of those criteria, it receives no benefit from Mob Rule
>>
>>44539599
Depends on what the source is.
Pathfinders are squishy and immobile; more often than not a squad of them will be dead immediately. I like to run around 3 squads of 6 so that I'm not drowning the opponent in them, but so I can at least have one unit make use of markerlights a turn.
Marker Drones are reasonable tough, mobile and with the new Drone formation they are just strictly better than pathfinders. One time I took one squad of them with a drone controller commander and I was set on markerlights from that squad alone. Use only in games where you need to pull out the stops.

Ultimately, >>44539653 is right. Avoid Stormsurges and Ghostkeels, and limit Riptides to 1. The ignore cover is an aggravating aspect of Tau, but most armies can deal with it. Most armies can't deal with it and also kill mass amounts of MCs.
>>
>>44539653
>>44539705
thanks for the help.
I was expecting to get jumped on for wanting to play tau.
>>
>>44539682
I'd be happy with a semi-fearless state sort of like atsknf.

Ideal chart for me would be 1 pass, you're fearless until the beginning of your next turn also gain fnp 6+.

2-4 do d3 s3 hits on boys if character in the group and pass.

5-6 do d3 s3 hits if 10+ boys and pass.

Nob and character "leadership" is too low to be reliable rerolled, it should be avoided. Getting rid of having to be in combat for one is good, and it also fixes the absolutely piece of shit mob rule +2 in ghaz supplement.

Also, provides good chance for something nice to happen on a 1 / risk of something bad happening with wounds.
>>
File: scout.jpg (170 KB, 895x616) Image search: [Google]
scout.jpg
170 KB, 895x616
>>44539506

If there was a stipulation in the Scout rules, then the special rule for the Formation would be completely superfluous.

Any any case, here's the Scout rule and here's the sections that specifically pertain to the discussion:

>A unit that makes a Scout redeployment cannot charge in the first game turn.

As stated before, the Battlewagon makes the Scout redeployment, not the unit inside.

>If a unit with this special rule is deployed inside a Dedicated Transport, it confers the Scout special rule to the Transport (though a disembarkation cannot be performed as part of the redeployment). Note that a Transport with
this special rule does not lose it if a unit without this special rule is embarked upon it.

There's everything that pertains to transports. Again, nothing there prevents you from charging.

The Transport rules also contain nothing that would indicate that the unit embarked is also making the Scout move.

Having used the Formation myself numerous times, it's also nothing like "absolutely game-breaking". Yes, it lets you almost certainly get your forces into CC after one turn of enemy shooting. However it's 575 points base just for the Battlewagons, which is a lot of your list, and that's with no weapons. The units you're shoving into melee are also Orks, which aren't the strongest contenders this edition. Lastly, plenty of armies can crack open Battlewagons, especially at short range. Last time I played I lost 3 on my first turn to an IG player.
>>
500pt or so list, point costs are from memory since I don't have my codex on hand

>combined arms detachment
>65 vrosh tatertot (warlord)
>166 chosen - 2 extra chosen, 5 flamers, power weapon (for champion)
>35 rhino (chosen DT)
>96 cultists - 11 extra cultists, shotgun
>90 chaos space marines - 2 extra chaos space marines, meltagun
>35 rhino (csm DT)

>total 500 points
>>
>>44539752
As a Tau player, I completely understand the frustration the army causes. I hate the steady stream of buffs we keep getting to the things that aren't bad. I absolutely love the Tau playstyle and look of suits and aliens; markerlights are such a cool concept, I just wish the army didn't have to have such a huge focus on MCs now, and wasn't such a hard counter to cover.
>>
>>44539759
The self-smacks have to go
'Unit eats itself' was a terrible idea for nids and terrible for Orks and slows the game down even more than it already is
>>
>>44539759
>I'd be happy with a semi-fearless state sort of like atsknf.

ATSKNF is not worth it. Look at 30k, they don't have it. In 40K, it's just Fearless/Stubborn with less drawbacks but you get tons of flack for having it, even though your units cost three times as many points and would thus be unplayable if they could be swept by lesser units (see: CSM).

And the pros to having it aren't even that amazing. You can still be pinned, and when do marines ever go to ground? And yet you never see people bitch about Stubborn/Fearless armies, only ATSKNF.
>>
>>44539812
I lost 12 boys yesterday from two sixs rolled on current mob chart. Reminded me why I stopped playing for a year. First I got flamed and lost 14 in a battle wagon, then an explosion killed the other 5 leaving just a Nob.

Sigh.
>>
>>44539465

Mob Rule would work if it went off something other than just the number of models. There is absolutely no reason why Nobz should be more cowardly than Boyz.

Give the following special rule to all 2-wound models:

>'Ard Enuff! When a Squabble! result is rolled on the Mob Rule table, a model with this special rule counts as 5 models.

Give the following special rule to the Warboss:

>'Dead Ard! When a Squabble! result is rolled on the Mob Rule table, a model with this special rule counts as 10 models
>>
How is the new ITC stompa? 500 points for a big mek stompa with force field ain't terrible.
>>
>>44539853
Stompas are terrible in general.
>>
>>44539860
Yeah, they should be 300 points, then they'd be balanced
>>
>>44539840
I think it'd be fair to give mega armour wearing gitz fearless as well. I mean no other ork weaponry other than whatever the meks have cooked up can penetrate your steel plating. You're practically invincible in there!
>>
>>44539891
There is too much fearless in this game already, if it is being throw around so much then it just does not make sense why anything in this universe would feel fear.
>>
>>44539906
Entire armies shouldn't be fearless, but a single elite unit and a few HQs in an entire codex isn't going crazy.
>>
>>44539868
Am I being rused? It does have a stomp. And makes orks fearless, something that is needed dearly.
>>
>>44539853

It's 400. Buzzgob is 100, the upgrade is 300.

>>44539860

Stompas are terrible because they cost too much.

400 points for one is pretty damn good. Sadly the Big Mek Stompa doesn't have much in the way of ranged firepower; the Lifta-Droppa got completely nerfed and the only other weapons it has base are a D klaw, a Heavy 1 weapon and 3 Big Shootas.

>>44539891

With the rule change I suggested, even a minimum size MANZ squad only has a 1/36 chance of running, if they have a Bosspole. The idea of Mob Rule is really fluffy, it's just the implementation is dreadful.

Oh, and it should work on Fear checks too. Orks get royally fucked over by Fear.
>>
>>44539923
It was a comparison to the wraithknight
>>
>>44535386
Ditch interceptors, take purifiers in rhinos.
>>
>>44539933
I forgot about that one codex that got a 6 month update. Thanks for reminding me THAT exists.
>>
>>44539906
The morale system is too swingy, you wouldn't need so much fearless if a failed check wasn't so crippling.
>>
Black library released digital supplements for Imperial guard, flesh tearers, raven guard, white scars and even a mechanicus collection which combines skitarii, cult mechanicus and knights into one book if anyone is interested.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-whd
>>
>>44539997
forgot image
>>
>>44539792
anyone?

I know anti armor feels really light (1 melta gun and a combi-melta) and I have no great way to deal with fliers or monstrous creatures, but it is really hard to fit everything in a 500 point list!
>>
>>44539243
Stick to CAD and stay away from formations, there's 90% of the problem with Tau gone.
>>
What's the best crisis loadout and how many should one bring?
>>
>>44539920

I would be fine with ATSKNF being reduced to simple sweep immunity. If you get run off the table immediately that's your own fucking fault for humping the table edge and ld8 which can be buffed to ld9 or even 10 is enough to nearly guarantee consistent rallies.

I'd also like nerfs to formations bikes grav psykers and general and centurions along with buffs to units in general so you can actually compete with marines without resorting to stupid ass broken formations or netlists
>>
File: 2016-01-03_21-22-29.png (112 KB, 390x710) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_21-22-29.png
112 KB, 390x710
Already posted it in /wip/, but thought I might as well post it here too.
Here's a AdMech scheme I'm working on, any critique for me?
>>
>>44540078
there isn't one best loadout

what do you want to do with your crisis suit? gear it up for that

>>44540093
split colors are interesting, but brighten up your colors a bit or they will not stand out much

also consider something more exciting that painting all the metal black. There are many great ways to do metallics these days. Perhaps a polished bronze look to your metallics?
>>
>>44540078
Since 6th allowed them to take 2 of a weapon, they're best used to do so and specialise the unit in targeting one specific prey
Plasma and fusion are best, since the other weapons' output are done better by other units
7th increased the unit size to a max of 10, but they're still unwieldy in anything larger than the trio it used to be
>>
>>44536263
No. You are, if anything, the representation of the noble aspect of Blood Angels due to them being one of the most psychic legions which formed yourself.
>>
>>44540078
used to be missile+burst when volume of fire was king

probably plasma+somethingelse now, since you've got other units for missile spam
>>
File: 2016-01-03_21-37-08.png (115 KB, 538x723) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_21-37-08.png
115 KB, 538x723
>>44540127
I was a bit leery of going a brass or bronze due to the fact that a metal with colour to it would need to complement both the red and blue, but it seems to work alright, thanks for the idea, it fits with the gun better also.
>>
>>44539839
have u tried painboy and heavy armor?
>>
>>44539705
What if I take 1 Ghostkeel but no Riptides? I was under the impression the Ghostkeel is a more reasonable Riptide.
>>
>>44540060
Anyone wanna be a bit more specific? I've been interested in low model count elite armies, don't give a shit about flavour of the month. I run terminator only forces - specalist underdogs, and I convert alot. Recently been thinking about Tau fully magnetized with a few modifications.

Personally the draw is gonna be min troops/models and I'm brainstorming suits. Nidzilla might be an alternative, but a number of factors are moving towards Tau, mostly bundles, discounts and unified aesthetic.

To run how I want to run my builds, I'm looking at OSC with Retaliation Cadre sub 1500, above that just adding allied Farsight Enclave.

I don't give a shit about waac, and I'm always about both sides getting the most out of games, so what are the formations that are jading current players?
>>
>>44540283
Ghostkeel ain't too ridiculous if it's not in its bullshit I Hit Your Rear Armour Because Reasons formation.
>>
File: Tzeentch.jpg (580 KB, 1740x936) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch.jpg
580 KB, 1740x936
I dont know whats happened to the z mans email if anyone has his new one please send it to

[email protected]

feel free to send mail regarding the evils of recasts
>>
>>44540311
Will do, GW.
>>
>>44540257
Great, invest loads of points and a HQ slot just to minimise your crippling special rule and protect some 6 points gribblies
>>
>>44540293
Honestly, the Tau are now on a big slippery slope. what you described (formations and suit-heavy) is where the biggest problem lies. There's too many good MCs and the formation rules are simply too good. Take a CAD and limit your big suits. For 1500 don't even think about having more than 2 MCs and don't bring GCs.
>>
>>44540304
Good to know. I'll rarely use that, I just love the model. Riptides are too fucking ugly honestly, same with the Stormsurge.

They're like the two quintessential bad example of people who go to the gym. One does nothing but chest and shoulders so he's got tiny appendages (Riptide) and the other scoffs too much at people who don't train legs, instead overtraining on the squats and waddling like a duck.

Meanwhile the Ghostkeel is doing equal amounts of everything and eating dat lean vehicle armour and fucking all the bitches.
>>
>>44540293
The optimised stealth cadre is considered a pretty WAAC choice, perhaps leave that at home.
>>
>>44540311
Fix Orks GW
>>
Hey I'm just a tourist in this thread. Does 40,000 refer to the year? Thank you.
>>
>>44540362
Yes, sortof. The setting is "stuck" at the cusp of the 41st Millenium but Warhammer 39k sounds silly.
>>
>>44540323
Yep, not really interested in Stormsurge unless moving into the tourney scene, much later on if at all.

So is it mainly Riptide/Goodshit spam with jsj troops that are killing people's smiles!

Not really sure how players are running more than 1-2 riptides outside of tournament settings and thinking it would be a friendly match.

How are armies apart from eldar/necrons dealing with tau MC/GC spam? (or at least trying)
>>
>>44540376
Wait no, my bad. Warhammer 41k sounds silly.
>>
>>44540387
>Warhammer 401K
>>
>>44540352
Is that only with 3 Ghostkeels? Is a 1 Ghostkeel 2x3 Stealthsuits a bit more acceptable?

I really like the models, and would be pretty happy running the minimum setup.
>>
Can crisis suits take missile drones now?
>>
>>44540359
I wish i was gw so i could make $60 off 5 bits of plastic

>>44540320
I thought the point of orks was to be a joke who cares who wins as long as something dies
>>
>>44540412
No, only broadsides
>>
>>44540412
No.
>>
>>44540381
Well as a Chaos player, I'm kinda fucked against MCs. I use Meltabikers and 2 Forgefiends with the Hades autocannons. It's a chore and that's with fighting just 1 single regular-power MC, nothing with a bullshit good invuln or cover save.

Essentially you have to get a feel for your local meta. Find out what the other players field, what's their attitude, what kind of lists do they field and then you modify your list as you go.

But yes, generally avoid more than 1 Riptide and 1 Ghostkeel for 1500. Also don't field a shitload of Marker drones with a Commander, up to 6 or so is fine and be careful with spamming Crisis and Broadsides. even 1 Broadside can prove to be a pain in the dick, that's how good Tau are nowadays. Avoid any formations unless it's one without rules that lets you field something without it taking up a slot.

It's less the tactics and more the units.
>>
>>44540430
>>44540432
But it clearly states in my 6th edition book that I can. Unless GW has an errata?
>>
>>44540443
They did, yes.
>>
>>44540443
It's fixed in the 7th.
>>
>>44540443

It was errata.
>>
>>44540451
>>44540447
>>44540450
GW doesn't have errata for 7th though. How is that possible?
>>
>>44540458
It was broke in the 6th ed codex, errated in 6th, and then fixed in the 7th edition codex, removing the need for the errata.
>>
>>44540478
Why would they take shooting options away from a shooting army?
>>
>>44540437
Thanks anon, really appreciate the perspective.
>>
>>44540498
Because they didn't want Crisis suits to have that many missiles. They want Crisis suits to fulfill the role of midrange shooting, with limited long distance weaponry. Broadsides are the long range fire support.
>>
>>44540406
It's the Wall of Mirrors rule that gets people upset, +1BS AND Ignores Cover AND hitting rear armour even from the front is pretty silly.
>>
>>44540322

It sounds weird I know, but running big mobs of 'Ard Shoota Boyz with a Painboy is surprisingly effective.

I ran a list with two 30 strong 'Ard Shoota Boyz on the weekend against an Eldar list that fielded a Wraithknight and a unit of Wrathguard. I pulled off a fairly solid victory.

Ironically stuff that fewer people take, like stock-standard Leman Russes, are what really screw you over. Basilisks too.

And it's not just for making Mob Rule hurt less. You're surprisingly durable against stuff that isn't Str 8+ and Ap4 or better. Gone are the days of Boyz before Toyz. Unsupported Boyz just don't survive in today's 40K;. Either sink points into them or run a Green Tide if you want to take them.
>>
>>44540515
No problem, and I say that as a Tau player as well.

It's frustrating honestly, because playing Tau as a non WAAC-minded player nowadays is like trying to play a videogame on Normal with a hacked character. 99 of every item, so strong you one-hit kill everything and so on. And you're desperately trying to unhack yourself, seeing everything as a potential OP thing, gimping everything, playing with one hand, taking off all armour, fighting barehanded.

The result is to get any semblance of balance and fair play, you end up not using the vast majority of the fun shit that makes the game what it is, a game.
>>
>>44540539
I'm a big advocate of 'eavy army boys, but there is no way I'd take two 30 strong groups, it is just too slow.

Plus, those extra 10 boys with shoots and 'eavy practically pay for a Battlewagon anyway.
>>
>>44536483
The new foam "cubes" come with two levels. What I do with IG veichles is leaving the top layer at home, use the bottom one for infantry and place the veichles in the empty slot. The use some spare squares of foam from older sponges to "hold" them in place, together with the weight of the block that'd going above them
>>
File: 1429307259829.png (39 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
1429307259829.png
39 KB, 626x551
>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>>
>>44540536
Yeah it seems pretty powerful, most of what I've seen on forums is people talking about how to maximise the formation with other combos/tweaks or complaining about other stuff.
This is the first time I'm hearing hate for OSC specifically, so I'm interested in as much info about what people find shit about facing waac tau, and trying to determine if it's just particular formation rules or just people cheesing with combinations and maxxing out on the op shit - so every bit of info is appreciated.
>>
>>44540565

Eh, I run this one when I don't want to do my Battlewagon Blitz. Both work, just in different ways.

Personally I've had more luck with just footslogging it since my Battlewagons seem to explode when a light breeze brushes them but that's just me.

Currently I'm working on getting a 12 man Biker squad finished up so I might consider swapping one mob out for that.
>>
>>44540560
I've been thinking of stuff like points handicaps, objectives that lower tau bs while capped by the opponent, and cover saves never being reduced past 6+...
>>
>Mistakes you make that you didn't realise were mistakes

I...I thought you could take Battlewagons as dedicated transport for Boys.
>>
>>44540560
I wouldn't say Tau are that unbalanced that they warrant your description...

Tau were a mid tier army until this update, and in this update they changed virtually nothing, while adding formations, stormsurges and ghostkeels.

People have discovered Stormsurges are too strong, ghostkeels are too strong in their formations, and everything else wasn't a big deal. Without the formations and the new units, Tau are the same old Tau.
>>
>>44540560
Honestly, I've always felt like that in particular situations across games and editions from gw. When your friends cannon misfires and explodes the first time they ever fire it on their first game, or wiping out prized units and something gives them no chance to save them.. definately not a new thing and I even still pull punches in stuff like AoS..

Not because I'm good, but watching someone's face drop from playing out unavoidable obliteration isn't always fun.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>44540572
>Orks think they got dakka
>BS2
>>
>>44540626
In the Ghostkeel formations you've seen in action, has a single Ghostkeel been ok (in osc)? Has it always been a maxed out Ghostkeel formation that layers on the cheese?
>>
>>44540661
I've tried with a single and it was still pretty strong. The problem is the formation's rules makes the ghostkeel and the stealth suits able to kill things they have no right to kill that easily. Popping a Lemans Russ, front eh front, through cover, with reasonable BS is stupidlying strong.
>>
How long should I leave models in the freezer to break super glue?
>>
>>44540626
I know, don't get me wrong, that's a big part of why they are strong but even things like artifacts are pretty strong on units that already existed.

Not saying I want things like drone controllers to go back to having no effect besides making you able to take drones but even as a guy who field mostly foot infantry, I have to be careful to give the enemy a breather sometimes due to my stealthsuits and JSJ shenanigans.
>>
>>44540520
if 36 isn't mid range I don't know what is.
>>
I think I've finally worked out what the fuck the 4 in a Riptide's 104 designation is: Defensive role.

Particularly when shield drones are MV4 and Shielded Missile Drones are MV84.

Makes a lot of sense: High durability, can redeploy quickly if needed somewhere, very attention grabbing so it can attract incoming fire, and firepower that works best when well supported by markerlights.

Compare to the other two variants as well: Both of them have two main guns, whilst the Riptide has one main gun and a prominent shield on the opposite arm.
>>
>>44540914
Except Riptides are mainly used as a heavy assaulters, not defensive roles.
>>
File: BpefunhCcAASZ_9.jpg-large.jpg (92 KB, 1024x653) Image search: [Google]
BpefunhCcAASZ_9.jpg-large.jpg
92 KB, 1024x653
I'm new to the hobby and I'm a little confused by something.

When I give chaos cultists mark of nurgle do they become plague zombies, or is that something alltogether different?
Also does anybody know where I can find models for MoN cultists, or a different mini set I can cross over with cultists to nurgle-ify them?
>>
>>44540927
lol

upvoted this guy knows riptide tactics
>>
>>44540927

Nah, they're held quite far back normally, Y'vahras are the shock assault variant.
>>
>>44540937
Nah, plague zombies are a special thing Typhus can give you.

Fantasy zombies maybe?
>>
>>44540951

There's also that everything about Tau warfare is mobility, without static elements. Even Broadsides are both a: Small enough to redeploy quickly and b: Traditionally were able to buy advanced stabilisers to move and shoot until the 6th Codex inexplicably removed that option.

"Defence" in the Tau mindset could well mean flashy durable attention grabbing suits designed to tank for the army whilst still neutralising threats.
>>
>models can literally fail a 1 inch charge on double 1's

Hahahaha, this fucking game.
>>
>>44541034
No, that's bullshit that for some reason it's often waved around as truth.

Tau warfare has always been gunlines. Always. The so famous "tau mobility" is only in a strategic sense, it has never been in a tactical sense.

That means that they are very good at redeploying their gunline before and after the battle. But the battle itself is still a static gunline. Even their famous two way of warfare are built around a gunline.

>Kayoun
>Set bait in range of gunline.
>Enemy bite bait.
>Gunline his ass

>Mont'ka
>Look at enemy weak point
>Deploy gunline
>Gunline enemy ass.
>>
>>44541084
Yes? 1's are always a fail. Don't like it? Homerule or play Warmahordes/Infinity or something.
>>
>>44541084

Things that should be fixed value:

Charge ranges,
Warlord Traits,
Psychic powers (Actual powers rebalanced before someone yells about "lol pick invisibility" again)
Daemon wargear.
Other shit I'm forgetting.
>>
This bundle is more than buying them all seperate
>>
>>44535386

Ally in ordo malleus inquisitor with terminator armor, psycannon, hammer, and 3 servoskulls. Skulls make your deepstrikes accurate and it will take you around 1500 points.
>>
>>44541129

Fucking C'tan powers.

Who the fuck thought "This unit refuses to be cooperative even to preserve their own life" was a fun mechanic? They even wrote that into the fucking fluff for the unit.
>>
>>44541129

Greenwich mean time.

Bloody colonials need to use real time instead of picking some random "zone" to measure their clock numbers off.
>>
>>44540437
>It's less the tactics and more the units.
Then how come I can't win with tau when taking the top units?
>>
>>44537551
I've magnetized all my Knights so they can be split between their legs and torso, the arms don't even need magnets, you can just twist them off and on.

So they fit in cases just fine.
>>
>>44541220
Is that a ball joint? How'd you magnetize that?
>>
>>44541204

You suck?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.