[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40kRPG General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: 40k rpg.jpg (9 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
40k rpg.jpg
9 KB, 345x146
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

Enemies Without:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jbsyqt.pdf

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.5.1), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nf19t1z8p2prwrx/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

Remember, ask a specific question, we'll be happy to help. But if you're vague, we'll tell you to make your players fight necrons. Probably.

What are some of the most baffling lines of logic your party has ever used and worked?
>>
>>44534882
My DH2e party are excellent warriors and get the job done. We've taken on Chaos Space Marines and sent them packing, well as other creatures of the dark.

...The only problem is that we're terrible investigators, in a game about investigation. We just kind of stumbled upon the rogue interrogator we went on a massive time traveling escapade to find. We had no idea we'd even walk into him, it just kind of happened and we ended up cutting his legs off with a once corrupted Astartes power sword.

Later on, during the climax of several years worth of gaming across multiple campaigns in each system, we walked in on a bunch of heretics in a hyperbolic time chamber. We did them in, burnt them to a crisp. Before any of us investigate, the Arbite turns the machine off and we return to our regularly scheduled pace of time, wherein we have to rush out and save our Inquisitor's and Grey Knight Paladin's asses from a Keeper of Secrets.

The Inquisitor comes in and forces us to give the chamber a once over, without any real secrets being able to be uncovered by us. We are forced to burn the bodies and everything on them without learning just who the fuck these people are and if they have anything on them that would indicate further heresy or allies.

I think I'm the only sane man here, as everyone seems to be all up on the Inquisitor's dick and doesn't question his lack of investigation. Its frustrating as fuck both in and out of character.

Later on, in a follow up session we find out that the "heretics" in the time chamber were us from an alternate timeline, which is a great twist and my GM did an excellent job in presenting, but the group was too fucking retarded to stick around and smell the roses for 5 fucking minutes.

My GM and I talked about it a bit, and had a one-on-one thing where I tried to convince the Inquisitor to let me use some newfound divination skills to scour an object he took from the room, but was rebuffed.
>>
>>44535396
CONT.
Honestly, I wish that I never knew about it OOC, because it only makes me even more frustrated with our utter lack of any kind of cerebral usage. If anything, it only highlights how the group is utterly incompetent and somehow just walks right into our goals skipping and singing. The only reason we do anything is because we're led around like the retarded murderhobos we are.

I hope this kind of goes along with the whole "baffling lines of logic" prompt, because it seems to me that my entire group functions on it.
>>
File: 1334531438950.jpg (194 KB, 465x963) Image search: [Google]
1334531438950.jpg
194 KB, 465x963
Out of curiosity, has anyone come up with rules for creating a regiment that's nothing but Storm Troopers? Or are there any suggestions for creating them with what's on hand? It's giving me a bit of trouble given my limited experience.
>>
>>44536032
You mean Kasrkin?
>>
>>44536032
>Out of curiosity, has anyone come up with rules for creating a regiment that's nothing but Storm Troopers?
Closest you get is Grenadiers or Kasrkin. Grenadiers are in Shield of Humanity. Toss on a doctrine like Close Assault or something, pick a good home world, slap on The Few as a regimental drawback for moar points. You end up with highly trained carapace-armored bastards with compact lascarbines tipped with aux grenade launchers.
>>
>>44535396
>>44535496

Sounds like y'all might be better off in Only War if your group prefers just killing shit and doing missions.
>>
>>44536280
That's one of the games that was played during this multi-system and campaign arc. I don't know, I just think that the rest of the group never got out of the mindset of Deathwatch or Only War, and even Rogue Trader to a certain degree.
>>
>>44536101
Thanks for the suggestions, definitely going to go down the Grenadier route.
>>
>>44536517
Note that Grenadiers are...weird. They seem to have started as an equipment doctrine and got half-assedly converted over to a regiment type halfway through development. They're in Hammer of the Emperor and list their standard kit as "An auxiliary grenade launcher per player and 1 extra frag and krak grenade per player". I personally houserule that to "Lasgun with auxiliary grenade launcher, 4 frag grenades, 4 krak grenades".
>>
So how would you guys go about adapting Deathwatch to play during the Horus Heresy, when there were Space Marines getting scattered all over the place and banding together into groups to try and make their way back to their respective sides, or to follow their own goals?
>>
>>44540112
Black Shields from the various Legions. Loyalists from the Traitor Legions and survivors of the Lost Legions.
>>
>>44540126

That's a simple enough way. Are there rules from the Black Crusade books for Traitor Legions that could be adapted to give a better example of a member of those Legions who stayed Loyal?
>>
>>44540269
Not really. Black Crusade uses the new ruleset, where Unnatural traits are additive, not multiplicative which ultimately makes Astartes Weaker.
>>
RPG question that's just come up in my Dark Heresy group.

If a vox-caster is a military radio, what is the civilian equivilent?
Do people in the 41st millenium have phones? Are they wired, wireless?
How do you call Fred who lives halfway across the Hive city? Or do you just not?

Anyone got any info that can help us out?
>>
>>44536032
If you want to do proper, aceept-no-substitutes Militarum Tempestus/Stormtroopers, then they ought to have the better 6 AP carapace, not the light carapace provided to Grenadiers and Close Quarter Assault regiments.

If you pick hot-shot lasguns as your Regimental Basic Weapon, you have just enough equipment points to get Stormtrooper Carapace (Very Rare Item, 20 points, requires GM approval) and a hot-shot lasgun (Add Favored Basic Weapon, 10 points, does not require GM approval).

I'd recommend doing it that way to sidestep the whole "Grenadiers doesn't include a gun, despite being a regiment type, CQB does, despite being just a training doctrine"-weirdness.

I'd go with Schola Progenium, Choleric, Drop Troops, Electro-Vox Warfare if going the "buy the armour and gun with equipment points" route.
>>
>>44540473
Vox casters

Maybe, depends on what sort of tech the planet has

Messengers
>>
>>44540473
Varies from world-to-world. This is almost always the answer to questions like this. There are worlds where everyone except the planetary governor communicates at the speed of "put a bloke on a horse with the message", there are worlds where all imperial citizens have a micro-bead, letting them call each other freely (and also letting the planetary government monitor their movements to insure correct conduct). The Imperium is massively heterogeneous.
>>
>>44540488
>>44540528

Thanks lads. I'd assumed as much, but what you've given me was very helpful.
>>
>>44540334

Ah. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with rules for the Legions back just before they went Traitor.
>>
What are some good stats for a Vespid Stingwing and it's neutron blaster?
>>
>>44540746
They're statted in DW Mark of Xenos.
>>
>>44540746
Vespid Stingwing has been statted in Deatwatch: Mark of Xenos book long with the Neutron blaster. Page 26.
>>
>>44540760
>>44540774
If I want to use Vespids in Dark Heresy, then should I use them as they are in the Deathwatch book or make some modiefiers for using them in Dark Heresy, e.g: chaning them from troop to elite etc...
>>
>>44540861
Well, they'll one shot an acolyte on a decent roll, so yeah. If using 2e, change their unnatural to a +2.
>>
>>44540877
>unnatural to a 2+

You mean thier unnatural toughness?
>>
>>44540891
Well, it is the only real one the have, so yeah.
>>
>>44540760
>>44540774
Dude, Vespids are scary. Too bad they suck on the tabletop game
>>
My players are about to visit a feudal planet and I'm contemplating having the Planetary Governor style himself King Wushtar III.

Do you reckon the Administratum would allow the holder of a hereditary planetary governorship to adopt royal style so long as he acknowledged the supremacy of the Emperor above all kings? Or do you think such pretension would be inviting censure?
>>
>>44541311
As long as you pay tithes and worship the emperor, the imperium doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: tfjdi.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tfjdi.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>44534882
since this is RPG i got a question. What are the chances of a colony settlement fending off a raiders / pirate that want to enslave them, specifically are most settlements that get raided by the Dark Eldar fucked? Im a pretty good Dark Eldar player but i didn't really get the lore until recently and iv found out that they like torturing people horridly until they die. Like they take women and children and rape them in arenas so every game i won they're getting fucking enslaved and murdered.

Does the Imperium / Tau / Orks have a defense against this? Are settlements just hopelessly fucked to that horrid fate if they get targeted and if not what are their chances? Shit i rather the fucking Orks roast me and my family on a split then get captured by the Dark Eldar.
>>
>>44541311
Of course he can. If he pays the taxes he can call himself whatever he wants. Except a god. That's kind of a big no-no. Also his official title will still be "Planetary Governor of Bumfuckistan III" so if he ever gets off his mudball he's going to get called that.
>>
>>44541407
Settlements that are recently started, poorly equipped, or otherwise mostly incapable of defense? Yeah, boned.

Actual defenses? The eldar would still try, provided it isn't fortress tier.
>>
>>44541407
Depends on how much money the guy who founded the colony put into defenses. It also depends on the state of the local PDF (Planetary Defense Force). If the planet has a decent sized PDF they can usually defend against raiders.
The Dark Eldar in particular are tricky because they use the Webway and stealth to move around quickly and without being detected. As a rule of thumb if you have a Webway gate on the planet itself you are fucked. If they only have one at the starsystem, there's hope that they can be detected and intercepted before they go on a murderfucking rampage.
>>
What can I do to increase my damage on my crossbow in Dark Heresy 2nd E
>>
>>44542132
Be a feral worlder

Use specialize ammo

Mighty Shot
>>
>>44542132
Use Purgatus rounds or something, Enemies Within.
>>
>>44542132
Can you get a mod to make it non-primative?
>>
>>44541407
Deldar are also pretty rare. There are only a few millions of them compared to the countless billions living in the Imperium.

If Deldar do show up to some backwater colony however, they settlers are gonna have a bad time.
>>
Just got Black Crusade (and all the other books except DH2, but I haven't read them yet) and I like the looks of all of it except the character creation. Are there any good house rules bouncing around for to make character creation more flexible? Point buy or something.

Also, any advice for running a chaos worshiping underhive game? Necromunda type at least to start.
>>
>>44542581
>There are only a few millions of them compared to the countless billions living in the Imperium.
You're off by a couple factors of magnitude for both of those. Comorragh is fucking enormous, and its population is constantly growing. I'd put it as at least several billion Deldar and gods only know how many slaves and gene-crafted monsters, with several billion more Eldar spread through the many, many craftworlds. It's just that humans are in the hundreds of trillions or the quadrillions, because when you have multiple hive worlds of a hundred billion people per sector and there are hundreds or thousands of sectors, the human population starts looking incomprehensibly fucking vast very quickly.
And we're STILL vastly outnumbered by the orks and the Nids
>>
Is there a DH2 timeline document for Scarus (and an official year) like there was for Calixis in DH1?
>>
>>44542630
Well will you play online or offline?
>>
>>44543330

>>
>>44534882
One of the main problems I have is trying to get my party specifically one character to investigate things and not go full murderhobo. The rest of the party has let him know about this a few times but he tries to play it off with the excuse "IM JUST RPING GUYS!! THIS IS WHAT MY CHRACTER WOULD DO"owing to how he is a zealot and all.

Any advice on keeping the problem player from partywiping the group?

Feeling scared because they are going to a corrupt prison planet next game and he might do something dumb and break the parties cover.
>>
>>44544870
Boot his ass. After that you have a lot of different options like:
Have his character assassinated
Have his character possessed by a daemon
Have his character locked up
>>
>>44542634
Point remains that there's barely any deldar when compared to the fuck off huge population of the Imperium.
>>
Just downloaded the DH folder. Neat stuff in there. Just came here to express my appreciation of all you anons who contribute to these collections.
>>
>>44544870
Shackle him as part of his cover

Hard to attack people when you're in manacles
>>
>>44547430
Go one step farther. Convince him that being cuffed hand and foot and blindfolded is necessary for your cover. Then throw him into the nearest sewage sump and drown him like a sack of dumb puppies.
>>
>>44534882
>That feel when you're RPing space marines that accidentally traveled to the star wars galaxy
shit's getting good and I never realized how warp-like the Force was
>>
>>44548308
Tell me more.
>>
>>44548308
Does it have an increasing risk of corrupting you and/or calling a load of demons from an unworldly dimension over for a merry fuck-my-mind-and/or-body-till-I-explode?
>>
>>44548417
>Space marine is stranded on desert planet in SW universe after the Battle Barge encounters a warp storm and sends them in the galaxy, torn in twain. There he meets the populous as the xenophobic crusader he is and may find help or be alienated because he's 7' tall and wearing power armor. The objective is trying to get the space marine(s) back to the 40k galaxy while staying out of the way of the First Order who wants their tech.

Frankly I just met someone on shamchat.com and it kicked off from there.
>>
File: 1450837233411 (1).jpg (139 KB, 798x573) Image search: [Google]
1450837233411 (1).jpg
139 KB, 798x573
>>44548461
That's the plan.
>>44548417
I sorta want to do some writefaggotry on the matter too.
>>
What kind of music do you play for roleplaying 40k?
>>
>>44548503
>Starship Troopers OST
best 40k music, NA
>>
>>44548503
I never did (so far), but I would suggest quiet Gothic choirs in the background.
>>
>>44548503
That honestly depends. For the current Imperial Knight campaign I'm writing (Heavy Metal Chivalry) it's all just various shades of metal since that's part of the campaigns thematics. Which is mostly what I pick my music for, what best conveys the tone of the campaign I'm about to play in this universe. So, I've been so diverse as using "cyberpunk music", military marching songs, gothic choirs and soundtracks from the 40k vidya.

And if you just want generic 40k music, I'd recommend you using the music from the Dawn of War games and gothic choirs and similar.
>>
>>44548503
Turns out Bloodborne's (and to a lesser extent, the Souls series') soundtrack is a pretty good fit
>>
>>44548503
Dawn of War OSTs
That one good song from the Ultramarines movie
Nearly anything by HMkids
>>
File: muh-dick.jpg (152 KB, 616x411) Image search: [Google]
muh-dick.jpg
152 KB, 616x411
>>44549155
>Ultramarines
>Movie
How long have I been gone? It seemed like a month or two, but what the fuck did I miss?
>>
Anyone hosting a Deathwatch or Only War game?
>>
>>44549239
It's a dreadful direct-to-DVD CGI movie, and also a couple years old at this point. Don't bother.
>>
>>44549239
its like, a 3 year old movie. its kinda Meh tier but its pretty alright for getting noobs into 40k
>>
>>44549309
>>44549323
Forget that I said anything then.
>>
>>44549289
Not really. We just use our Deathwatch party to kill things that our Dark Heresy party found and decided they were too powerful for them to kill. Or to save their asses.
Also we play Only War when key players from the main group cannot make it to the session.
>>
File: 1431817232010.png (330 KB, 400x693) Image search: [Google]
1431817232010.png
330 KB, 400x693
>>44549605
>We just use our Deathwatch party to kill things that our Dark Heresy party found and decided they were too powerful for them to kill. Or to save their asses.
GENIUS!
Get this guardsman a promotion, NOW!
>>
>>44549605
>>44549637
yes it is. but I've been looking to get into a deathwatch game for a while

Played a few black crusade and rogue trader games. but they tend to fall apart
>>
>>44549818
Sorry, can't help you there.
>>
>>44549818
>>44549289
Try Roll20, they've got a "search for game" feature.
>>
>>44549980
that "search for game" feature might as well be "bottom of jizz bucket"
>>
>>44549980
i dont see it, i am also interested in finding group
>>
>>44550073
basically, you go to games. hit "looking for group" or "find a game" then search through what you want. then you find it. and post a single thread among the dozens of others.

Put your best lipstick on for all the ass kissing you'll have to do.
>>
>>44550125

Well if some of other /tg/ guys will join in or applicate somewhere - gimme the link guys, ill join aswell.
>>
>>44550183
I would love to join a group, too bad that I need to work on a lot of stuff for Uni
>>
How "chat" games work? They tend to be really chaotic, huh? (No pun intended) >>44550239
Its a shame.
>>
>>44550281
personally. I prefer voice out of character and text in character.

You have all your banter and side conversations with being forced to carefully pick your words in character!

its best for new players. Also. I fucking despise when people have to be "cool" and make voices.

one game a 15 year old made a rape machine and had to try talking the entire time like cannibal corpse. I never took him or his character seriously.
>>
>>44550763
Damn I wish I would join in your session.
>>
>>44550872
usually this is how it goes

Shitty game group will last 10 sessions and be fucking retarded

Good game group will have a ton of RP, good character synergy, and even Art made, and it will only last 3 sessions because the GM quit.
>>
>>44550968
So true.
>>
>>44551027
half the GM's I've gamed with I would snip their nuts off if I was within arm's reach.
>>
>>44551138
Me too.
>>
>>44551189
if anyone wants to try and form a new game group. add me over skype: fucking.fuck45

I've been applying to EVERYTHING.
>>
Is an Arch-Militants supposed to be a one man armies or more like an army commander?
>>
"lone manly tear shed seeing someone loves Deathwatch and it seems to be getting more popular"
Why Deathwatch though? What's the appeal?
>>
>>44552079

Fluffwise it's the army commander but mechanics wise it has no ability to support that. Mechanicswise you're just a really good fightan man.
>>
For someone whose knowledge of the game/setting would fit onto a single sheet of paper... Where do I start? Any recommended canon novels? I see in the file dump there are different settings(?) and some have several editions, and I don't have any idea what I'm looking at, other than to start at the top folder and read my way to the bottom.
>>
Hey guys, there was some interest from one anon about my deathwatch party ineptitude, the one which had Brother Arkio in it. I have a fresh piece of news if anybody is interested
>>
>>44552847
If you're starting from scratch it would be good to know what type of game you are interested in. Do you want to get some space fantasy dungeon crawling or social combat and investigation? A war movie borrowing from starship troopers or an adventure like the ones kirk had in star trek? Or do you want to be the bad guy and try destroying whole systems in your search for power?
>>
Is it possible to use doge on grenades? It seem plausable that you throw yourself for cover when you see the grenade, but I cannot find any rules for dodging explosions at all.
>>
>>44552952
Probably investigation/social at least for a decent chunk, although some physical combat is nice. Outside your options, but my very favorite games have all included some type of organization/fortification/city building, not sure if that's a thing, but kind of fits the evil empire one a little bit.
>>
>>44553190
Throwing greandes is an attack action, dodge can be used as a reaction to attack actions, so yes.
>>
>>44553279
But what happens? Will the character move towards the closest cover if dodge success?

What about other explosives, what if it was a frag missile?
>>
>>44553190
>>44553302
Every degree of success on a dodge tests moves you one metre away from the blast centre. Move enough to get out of the radius and you take no damage. Same thing for missiles, they just have a much larger radius to get out of.
>>44553263
Rogue Trader's closest to your best bet then. You're the holder of a Warrant of Trade, a document that grants you the right to travel at will throughout the galaxy, claim unknown planets in the name of the Imperium, forge trade agreements that bring vast wealth to yourself, and generally do whatever the hell you feel like outside the borders of the Imperium. Also, you get to fly a giant space cathedral.
>>
>>44553263
Those listed there are just a quick way to present systems, but are in no way the only way to play, you can easily mix them or get something completely different. RT can be played as kirk or gordon gekko, or a space pirate.

What you described could really be done in every system, but if you want to focus on investigation the obvious choice would be DH, with the fortification as part of the climax (DH1 has more splats but DH2 has more polished rules). RT could be good for social and investigation too, and gives the players and GM rules and options to manage a lot of stuff. Unless you really want to play as the bad gys, in which case BC is the obvious choice.
>>
>>44553351
Thank you. I haven't found any rules for it in DH2, but this sounds just what I was looking for.
>>
>>44553401

Yeah, what the tripfag said is a houserule.
The actual rule is that to dodge a grenade or other explosion you must compare your agility bonus to the radius of the explosion. If the number is equal to a number of meters large enough to escape, you can make the test and move out of the explosion. If not you cannot and just take the damage.
>>
Can you make two separate attacks using the same weapon in the same round (2 standard attacks or two lightning attacks since each are a half action)? What page of the rulebook covers this?
>>
>>44553487
Can't make two actions with the Attack or Concentration subtype in one round, the exclusion being dual weapon wielding for Attack in which case you can make 'two' attacks but it's counted under the same action.
>>
>>44553360
Awesome thank you! I'll start with reading through rt, much appreciated
>>
>>44553478
Where does it say this? Because I was thinking to do the same and was convinced it was a houserule of mine.
>>44553487
Only one attack action per turn unless you're dual wielding two separate weapons.
>>
>>44553487
Cant remember the exact rule, but no.
You can only do one attack action per round.
>>
>>44553401
Actually no, I'm an idiot.

Evading Auto-Fire, Multiple Attacks and Area-Effect Weaponry
Some attacks—such as those made with grenades, flamers, or guns firing semi-automatic or fully-automatic bursts—are especially difficult to avoid. When Dodging an area effect weapon (such as a weapon with the Blast or Spray qualities), a successful Dodge test moves the character to the edge of the area of effect, as long as it is no further away than the character’s Agility bonus in metres. If the character would need to move further than this to avoid the attack, or is unable to be moved out of the way due to an obstruction of some sort (such as the confines of a tight corridor), then he automatically fails the test. When Evading Swift Attacks, Lightning Attacks, Full Auto Bursts, Semi-Auto Bursts, attacks from weapons with the Twin-Linked quality, or any other attacks that would inflict multiple hits, each degree of success on the Evasion test negates one additional hit. When Evading attacks from weapons with the Storm quality, each degree of success on the test negates two hits. If the character cancels all of the hits an attack would inflict, the attack is considered a miss.
>>44553487
You can only make one Attack action per round. Lightning/Swift etc. are all technically one attack.
>>44553478
Whups, left the trip on from other threads.
>>
>>44553520
Anywhere in the combat action section under dodge.
>>
File: OW dodge.jpg (240 KB, 542x929) Image search: [Google]
OW dodge.jpg
240 KB, 542x929
>>44553605
In what system's core book?
>>
>>44553535
Thanks.

Hm, this text confuse me about flamers spray), I thought all you got was an agility check in dh2. It would be too powerful if you also could use dodge.
>>
>>44553641
Scratch that I found it, I derped out because I was looking for the "move depending on dos" thing
>>
>>44553641
Combat section.

>>44553644
An agility check and then a dodge check. If you get a talent from Enemies Without, you get to use your dodge in place of agility.
>>
What's the point of getting weapon training flame if flamers don't require a bs test to hit?
>>
>>44553747
So enemies don't get a +20 to avoiding the attack.
>>
>>44553747
In dh2 the target gets +20 on his agility check otherwise
>>
>>44553644
The way I've always understood it is that it's still just an Agility test, but if they succeed they have to do the move. Excellent for flushing people out of cover.
>>
>>44553761
>>44553766
This is interesting and makes sense
>>
Can you do a feint in one turn (half action) then not do anything for your remaining half action then on your next turn do a full action attack (charge etc.)? Would the attack still benefit from the feint or do you basically have to do an action on the same turn of the feint?
>>
>>44553797
I have to reread the spray section tomorrow, if you pass the agility test then I thought you weren't hit, so no need to do dodge.

Another effect of flamers is that they can put fire on cover, making them quite uncomfortable to use.
>>
>>44553908
Has to be on the same turn
>>
>>44553908
No, it has to be during the turn.
>>
>>44553959
>>44553950
Oh whoops I didn't read the text for feint closely enough. It clearly specifies "next attack in this turn" thanks guys.
>>
>>44534882
DMing for a deathwatch game, what are some good ideas for artifacts that could be retrieved from Tau. (Scientific/Military Tau stuff if that should be clarified)
>>
>>44553927
Well yes, but you're not hit because you moved.
>>
>>44554170
Records of troop movements,

Experimental weapon or suit data

Anime
>>
>>44554228
Records of Troop movement is a good idea, but, it would double dip into the fact that their main reason of being there is to figure out why the hell the fishweebs are there in the first place. I suppose suit/tank data/specs or whatnot is probably what I'll be best going with.
>>
>>44555221

Hmm.
Potential seditious cell information on nearby Imperial colonies?
Could tie into an adventure where you smash the Pro-Tau rebel forces.
>>
How dangerous is it to use a daemon engine as something a party has to fight?
>>
>>44556502
That sounds more in line with playing Dark Heresy though. I mostly started the game out with Tau because the people in the group that play the tabletop and know the most lore absolutely despise them. They could assassinate the Tau/Human organizers though. Could be fun. Gives them a warm up before fighting Nids and Chaos.
>>
>>44557298
As always it depends. What's the party's composition, how much XP, what gear, what type of daemon engine?
Generally though, unless someone is a strong battle psyker or has a lascannon or something, a daemon engine is going to cause fatalities and may not go down during the fight.
>>
>>44557330
Well, there could be pro-Tau rebels that preform sabotage in imperial lines like disabling artillery and anti-air defenses, thus allowing for the Tau to quickly advance.

The DW party can then be the emergency response to that, either by being there as it happens or being deployed within an hour or so.
>>
In DH2e, when requisitioning vehicles that have one or more weapons listed in their profile, can you just pick one to have or is it a separate requisition test?
>>
>>44552860
Please yes
>>
File: temp a.jpg (176 KB, 960x804) Image search: [Google]
temp a.jpg
176 KB, 960x804
>>44534882

You guys think its possible for the Tyranids to be stopped? I honestly dont see how they can be stopped since they outnumber the Imperium and are taking their worlds by the second since they take so fucking long to respond to threats. Eventually they'd adapt to everything. The only race i can think of that might have a chance are Orks since they also exist outside the galaxy and can match the Tyranids numbers but then they know how to lure Orks into attacking and they're one of the only races that's capable of destroying Ork spores effectively. Shit couldn't they just bio-engineer spores and flood a planet with them?
>>
>>44558496
If most if not all factions unite against them.
>>
>>44558496
im a tyranid player, and even i think they fucked up with how big they made the fleets canonly. How its is now you could have three fucking galaxies band together and even then theyd barely survive if that.
>>
How does Inquisitor match up with Black Crusade or Dark Heresy? I have been invited to an Inquisitor game and have never played it before. I've played Black Crusade before, though.
>>
>>44559402
Inquisitor?do you mean Dark Heresy? or the 56mm mini game inquisitor?
>>
>>44559529
56mm game I think.
>>
>>44559095
This. Lore wise they fucked up bad, i cant imagine anyone beating the Tyranids, even the Necrons will get swarmed like a mother fucker eventually. Usually every faction has a weakness but they seemed to give the nids weak weaknesses, what you kill the queen and they all attack each other? Doesn't matter since they can reasorb the rogues and they still outnumber everything, just look at that map. If i remember correctly they did sort of have a good fluff theory so the Nids didnt seem impossibly unstoppable in that they were fleeing for some reason and not steam rolling over the universes.
>>
>>44560191
Iv like to think they're a bioweapon which went out of control. We'll never know the truth, but I like to think it was employed in a small skirmish somewhere in a galaxy far, far away
>>
How does one retire a character in a graceful way?
>>
>>44562276

Depends on the system.
Only War? They get transferred to a peaceful pleasure world as the local garrison
Dark Heresy? They become the personal guard of an inquisitor's summer home, living a life of luxury and easy work
Deathwatch? >retire
Rogue Trader? The characters literally retire with their wealth and live a life of excess that would rival Slaanesh
Black Crusade? >retiring
>>
>>44562276
By turning into a Daemonhost.
>>
For those of you playing offline, do you have any creative ways you keep track of ammunition?

For D&D I gave all my players a cup of Popsicle sticks to keep track of their arrows (added bonus that I could snap them in half if they rolled low attack numbers)

Any ideas for tracking ammo in DH?
>>
>>44558496
Worst case scenario Ork stalemate them thanks to Old One warp dickery
>>
>>44563362
Just keep track on a calculator?
>>
>>44563362
It's called PnPRPG for a reason. Just use a bit of paper and a pen.
>>
>>44563807
I bet you enjoy watching paint dry
>>
Do the needle pistol and needle rifle need a buff?
>>
>>44563883
I'd give them a higher felling score and maybe something like only having to go past the armor rating to roll the extra toxic damage, they are made to kill tough bastards after all
>>
>>44563950
Would you also have the toxic damage not be reduced by toughness? Because in DH2e, toxic damage is reduced by toughness for whatever reason.
>>
>>44563991
Yes, it goes against the whole point of the weapon system. Might remove accurate or something to compensate, but we're talking about a specialised exotic weapon with very rare availability, it ought to be good at what it's supposed to do. As it stands now you'd be better off with a longlas.
>>
>>44560191
Behemoth and Kraken were already defeated, as well as half of Leviathan
>>
>>44557412
>pro tau rebels
max disgust
>>
>>44564549
Exactly why they should be purged.
>>
>>44563991
I always ignore that change anyway, it completely defeats the point of toxic weapons from the fluff being used to kill things when bullets aren't doing the job.
>>
>>44536032
Create drop troopers where PCs literally cannot take any specialty but ST.
>>
Should PCs be allowed vehicles?
>>
What is the most difficult thing your PCs have tried to acquire and succeeded in doing so?

Rogue Traders need not apply
>>
>>44565589
I have a blade that cuts through the fabric of time and space, picked it up off of a heretic who killed several Inquisitors.
>>
>>44565589
Fulgrim's painting.
>>
Is it possible for the Administratium to own a planet? I am asking becuase my Acolytes needs to file some paperwork in order to get permission to attack a noble's house on a garder world
>>
>>44565676
Yes.

If they need to file paperwork with the administratum, they either need people to do it for them or spend a few months doing it.
>>
>>44565190
Absolutely, if they want it and they have funds and facilities to obtain and upkeep them.
It's your job as a GM to balance it.
>>
>>44565589
Daemonhost.
>>
>>44565676
In the folds of the administratum anything could happen, including some sly faggot giving himself a world if he's bold enough. Unless they actively go and look for it the issue will come up as an afterthought decades later and will most probably be shrugged off.
>>
>>44566888
I imagine the planet being almost like a minor hive world but just containing archives, banks, offices etc....
Oh and mile long lines to the various administratium complexes
>>
>>44565654
story
>>
Would I still be able to use pre 2e stuff in a DH game?
Shit hasn't changed enough between the two for like, Rogue Trader weapons, to be unbalanced for use in new Dark Heresy right?

What's the real differences between 1st and 2nd Edition?
>>
>>44568900
Aptitude system, full and semi auto, a bunch of weapon qualities, and how psykers work.
>>
>>44569298
>full and semi auto, a bunch of weapon qualities
Do older weapons require adaptation to fit into 2e, or is it just a rule change that doesn't really effect the stats of the weapons, just how they end up working?
>>
>>44569347
Some adaptation like in the case if the primitive quality.
>>
I have DM'd DH 1st and 2nd ed with my current gaming group.
They would like to jump into Rogue Trader tier stuff. However, 2 of my group's members suggest adapting the content to the Runequest system (because of HP for hit locations, skill progression/variety, combat system, use of d6, d8, etc.)

I do have a preference for Runequest, but I'm a little daunted by the idea of converting a huge load of stuff + changing rules we really didn't like in DH2 (like Influence).

Should we just roll on with Rogue Trader core or look into changing a ruleset, albeit the work it would require? I'm not sure which to pick.
>>
>>44569657
Just stick with core.
>>
What do you want to see in the second edition of Rogue Trader, Only War, Deathwatch, and Black Crusade?

I want some rules for like transitioning between systems easily. Like gaining enough influence somehow and becoming Rogue Traders, your IG guy getting called upon to serve and Inquisitor and finding himself in a Dark Heresy game, falling to Chaos and changing your game into Black Crusade etc
>>
>>44569923
Moar NPCs, both enemies and allies. No more Orks tho. I'm really tired of them popping up in every single monster maual with just enough changes that I can't remember what exactly they do.
>>
>>44569923
I agree, some kind of system for adapting everything to be on the same playing field would be great, especially since my group has big intersecting games. High powered Inquisitors should rival Rogue Traders in terms of influence, and I'd love to run or play a game involving some kind of war between the two.

As for a Rogue Trader 2nd Edition itself, I'd really like to see Navigators redesigned. After playing one and having shit luck at it, I feel as though they're a fun role to play. Either make them only NPCs or make it so one person doesn't fuck the party entirely with a series of terrible rolls.
>>
>>44569347
Generally, you need to tweak and adapt a few weapons, with Primitive and Flame being the standouts. A few could benefit from adding appropriate weapon qualities.
>>
Is the Divine Protection talent in Enemies Within supposed to only have one Aptitude?
>>
>>44570239
Really unsure on that. A few inquisitor talents also only have one aptitude.
>>
>>44570055
Honestly, NPCs are shit-easy to make. I get by fine on just a handful of generic NPC statblocks for human enemies
>Rabble/Conscript
>Trained Soldier/Hardened Ganger/Armsman/Guardsman
>Heavy Weapons Guy
>Fanatic/Crazy Dude
>Stormtrooper/Elite Troop
>Commissar/Enforcer/Arbites
Then just tweak the blocks on the fly as needed. Players haven't caught on yet.
>>
So our crew runs a game of Rogue Trader but wanted to get into Dark Heresy what edition would be best to use?
>>
File: 1451268979871s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451268979871s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>44557833
>Assault Marine lingers for too long and is surrounded by horde of zombies
>Not wishing to provoke attacks of opportunity, decides to clear the area first
>With a fucking grenade
>Primes and detonates it in his hands
>Two righteous furies in a row!
>Techmarine, already mauled by the horde, goes deeper into negatives, his power pack nearly shuts down and his chestplate ruined
>the Assault now is missing half oh his wounds
>the horde continues advancing towards them
>but wait, there's more
>Upon looking at the Techmarine, the Apothecary decides Techmarine's armour must be purified of the warp-tainted goo stuck to it
>Shoots Techmarine's promethium canister point blank
>All three marines are now engulfed in fire, accumulating points of fatigue every round and getting beaten up by the horde of warp ghosts
>They decide the odds are not stacked in their favour and retreat
>While still ablaze
>mfw
>>
>>44570328
1st Edition is most like Rogue Trader, but 2nd edition has a lot of system improvements that make it easier to play and run. I prefer 2nd Edition, but if you want to stick to most of the same mechanics first edition is for you.
>>
>>44570301
No, I mean awesome shit like the Ruination of Imperfect Beauty or the Dark Eldar beasties. You know things with their unique flavour and never-before seem mechanics. Which I'm (usually) too lazy to make.
>>
File: IMG_20160103_000851.jpg (902 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_000851.jpg
902 KB, 1836x3264
>>44570439
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>44570439
>>44571157
To be honest even middle-level DH characters are basically immune to Frag Grendes, so it's not as bad an idea as it sounds.
>>
>>44571583
I was more appalled by the shooting of the promethium canister.
>>
https://my.mixtape.moe/oxfmjl.xlsx

So I found this aptitude calculator thingy for Only War and modified it to work with Dark Heresy 2. Anyone mind taking a look and making sure I haven't fucked up the math anywhere?
>>
So, guys, what's the most ludicrously advanced and/or evil lost Dark Age remnant/relic your group has run into? Survival is, naturally, optional. For my group, it was the time they boarded a drifting ship and found out that it had grabbed a stasis coffin drifting through space and accidentally turned it on. What was inside was a Man of Iron Infiltration/Elimination Covert Ops Unit. Or for short hand, basically what happened if the T-800 took lessons from the Predator.
It was somehow uncorrupted by chaos, but its assessment of its surroundings was basically "I recognize nothing around me and don't understand the barbarian language these people use. I have clearly been captured by enemy agents. Time to disrupt their command structure, commandeer their vessel, and return to base."
The players came in long after it had successfully killed the bridge crew and reduced most of the crew to gibbering paranoid wrecks. They found it and tried to reason with it and tell it that its orders were by now completely invalid, completely failed, and cue massive cat and mouse game with something with the rough statline of a Space Marine that could skin people alive to take their appearance. Oh, and it had a chameleoline stealth field to top it all off. They FINALLY kill it, it deliberately overloads its microfusion generator as a final 'fuck you' to them, and the RT insisted on staying behind long enough to cut off its head for a trophy/possible later interrogation. Which actually worked, once the burn scars healed over.
What about you, anons?
>>
>>44569923
Just played OW so far so I can't really say about the others, I don't really feel the need for a 2nd ed of OW, I'd be happy getting the obviously missing content they were supposed to work on, namely aeronautica rules, more advanced careers for support specialists and rules for getting higher in the command chain so you can be the one giving orders and leading huge battles.
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>44572364

A survivor.
>>
File: TF pfff.jpg (26 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
TF pfff.jpg
26 KB, 500x372
>>44562276
Nigger seriously? Run into a horde with a big smile and a really big gun like a real gangster.
>>
How bad of an idea is it to dual wield grenades?
>>
>>44577236
Why dual wield?
Get a sack, fill it with grenades.
Throw the sack.
>>
>>44577346
Because you might ony have 2 grenade.
>>
>>44577375
Then get some more.
They're only grenades.
>>
>>44577375
You call yourself a Guardsman with only two grenades? What a pansy.
>>
>>44577236
Are these fake hands?
Then shove them up some alien's asshole.

God-Emprah knows how much a xeno-proctologist gets paid...
>>
>>44577658
>God-Emprah knows how much a xeno-proctologist gets paid...
He gets paid in glory, the same as any other faithful servant of the God-Emperor.
>>
How bad of an idea is it to dual wield melta bombs?
>>
So who would you rather fight, Nids or Necrons? You're playing only war and are a normal guardsman.
>>
>>44540269
The only class that gives you an idea of what abilities traitor legions should have is the Night Lords, who are basically unchanged as loyalists or renegades.
>>
>>44572680
Well you can always use battlefleet koronus. You'll have to adapt troop requisition by Profit, but it's something.
Also into the storm for some aeronautica.
>>
Just want to share a story about my group of players in DH2Ed.
I am the gamemaster, they need to clear out/kill some rival gangers in the pub. After like a milisecond, one of the players(my brother) asked me, if he can get any amount of promethium and shit(literaly). After a few easy tests, they had it, and i asked them, what do they want with it.
They told me they want to make a bomb from it ...
After several tech-use tests, they had a 10liter barrel full of explosives.
Laughed my ass of .
>>
Had a fun idea for a Dark Heresy game to run. Rogue Trader find a human civilization, and asks for an Inquisitor to come investigate. Inquisitor sends Acolytes thinking it's just a normal civilization that's been out of the loop for a few millennia. Upon dropping out of FTL they instead find a space faring empire that owns several systems. Things get worse when a chaos supported coup tries to take over the ship and ends with the Rogue Trader in a coma, their ship disabled and needing dry dock to fix it requiring them to parley with the empire for assistance.

Upon investigation, the group finds the empire came from a single planet and they use a non-warp based FTL system which is far slower than the Imperium's but far safer. The reason being is there's no psykers in the empire at all for some reason, something which should be impossible but the Rogue Trader crew says it's the Halo Stars. So now they have to find out what's causing this to occur and how to get home.
>>
>>44580388
>>
>>44580608
ah, i loved that show .
>>
>>44580146
Nids, because I fucking love Aliens.

I am assuming you mean "Which will you have more fun, as a player, having your character get killed by", rather than "Knowing what you know, which would you rather face if it was your ass on the line".
>>
>if the fire damage on characters/NPCs set on fire goes through their damage reduction they will be forced to test willpower or lose their round as normal
>they will be able to act normally but suffer a -20 to their Willpower until they put it out, if the fire fails to do damage exceeding their TB

Thoughts?
>>
>>44582322
Meh. Default rules are better.
>>
>>44570301
Hey, can you link those profiles?
>>
Ok, I want for my Only War PC's to fly/be flown through a huge space battle before they make landfall on the battlefield down below. But how should I make the journey through the space battle interesting?

The battle is between Imperials and Tau by the way, much in the style of the battle over Coruscant in Star Wars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ
>>
>>44582485
You mean, their landing crats have to wade through a dogfight of Imperial vs. Tau while larger ships exchange boradsides/maneuver around?

The troops must get to the planet then and there, but Tau ships are harassing the fleet, so the landing ships need to break through Tau interceptors to get to the planet.

Make it fast and brutal. Have the PCs pilot their craft and/or man the weapons to ward off Tau fighters. Show them imperial fighters engaging blueberries in the background, have them see another dropship destroyed by Tau. If their craft has to maneuver, describe how the ship shakes and inertia from sharp turns presses them into their seats. Have one of NPC's seat unfasten, sending the poor sod tumbling across the ship, injuring themselves and others in the process. Have someone panic, bonus points if it's a regiment psyker who now starts generating psychic phenomena and shortcircuiting the machinery. Have the Tau hit the cockpit - the emergency shutter closes, but the pilot is dead, half of the machinery is destroyed and your craft is howling to the surface uncontrolled...

Don't drag this out for too long. Shock them by throwing them in the heat, while focusing on creating a suspenseful atmosphere while throwing them a _small_ number of challenges based on the PCs skills.
>>
>>44582596
I like this, thanks for the help Anon!
>>
>>44582596

and of course,SOMEONE has to throw up
>>
>>44582442
That means whoever gets fire going first automatically wins
>>
>>44583146
>That means whoever gets fire going first automatically wins
What does this even mean?

Whoever fires the first shot with a flamer? Wrong.
Whoever manages to set the opponent on fire first? Depends on so many variables that giving a definite answer is not possible.

Flamers have their niche, but they're not "OP pls nerf". So no need to nerf them.
>>
>>44583248
>so many variables

An agility test? If the enemy is not an eldar it might as well just roll over and be removed from the encounter. Flamers are not op, flames themselves are.
>>
Hey guys, one of our party members lost his nose to a critical hit and is now in need of replacement. How would you state a good craftsmanship one?
My suggestion would be
S/2/-, pen 0, twin linked, toxic (1), inaccurate, corrosive
>>
>>44583364
why does he need to weaponize his nose?
>>
>>44583335
agilty to see if it hits,dodge (agility) to evade, then agility to see if you catch fire. thats 3 agility tests by my count
>>
>>44583364

He doesn't.

And Walter, I told you - it's Storm, not Twin-linked. And not innacurate, I was able to aim my snot shots pretty well with a BS of a kid.
>>
>>44583364
It needs to be a digital weapon with appropriate penalties and bonuses unless he's a tech priest or going to take it off everytime he goes to the governor's mansion.

Not twin linked, he could have two digital weapons but he still has to eat the cist
>>
>>44583545
2 tests. One from enemy to evade direct damage, one to resist catching fire. And one WP test to resist running around incontrollably, flailing hands and whailing "OH GOD IT BURRRNS!".
>>
>>44583585
and the thrid, because you an use a dodge reaction if you fail the first agility test. of you pass those first two,you dont have to take the third
>>
>>44583335
>>44583335
From a PC perspective - out of all times my DH2 char was forced to roll Ag to escape being on fire he failed it once, and he was a goddamn cogboy. Plus, I don't remember if continous fire damage is reduced by armour (correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is), but it's just 1d10. Some characters can reliably tank that. Having to pass WP to be able to act freely? Worse, but also doable. Or you can wear environmanetly sealed armour.

From enemy perspective - I encountered enemies that could tank fire damage, run around for a while until the flame dies and get back in business. Again, if they wear sealed armour they also don't panick and can put out fire immediately. Or keep shooting at you while being on fire.

And thirdly - flamers have short range. You need to get close before you can use it, and if the enemies know what they're ding you won't get there. If you can, however, you don't really need flamers to get them.

And also - flame is kinda destructive, yeah, that's how it should be.
>>
>>44583601
That first ag test _is_ the Dodge Reaction. Well, not Dodge, in DH2 you need to take talent to be able to use Dodge in these situations. But it's a reaction.

So, 2 Ag tests.
>>
>>44583545
There are other ways to catch flames, I already said flamers are not the problem, it's an agility test. Most enemies have shit agility and willpowr, having them catch fire means they're out of the encounter.
>>
Is there a site that has all the novels compiled where I can download them?
>>
>>44583635
Fire damage while on fire ignores armor
>>
>>44583660
And that's good, isn't it.
>>
>>44583657
Question: When a target fails his Agility test from being fired
upon by a weapon with the Spray quality (page 149), can he still
perform a Dodge action to possibly escape the attack?
Answer: Yes, assuming he has a Reaction left.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/42/0d/420d9706-fc74-4c33-8f7d-d72041c970e8/dark_heresy_2nd_ed_faq_v10_web.pdf
>>
>>44583784
Huh.

Well, excuse my french, but I think that's fucking retarded. Why can't I do this to step outside of other weapon's line of fire? Or disengage from melee combat like this. Because it's exactly the same as that.
>>
>>44583986
because otherwise flamers auto hit. and thats silly
>>
>>44583660
names these ways. fire bomb and flaming sword spring to mind, both of which you get more than 1 agi test
>>
>>44584084
But they wouldn't, since you'd have to fail the agility test to get hit?
>>
>>44584084
They don't auto-hit, you have that Agility test to leap out of stream of fire. Most characters should have enough Ag bonus to do that, and if they're out of space because they're caught in a narrow corridor - well, them's the breaks, your fault for getting caught.
>>
>>44583364
I think it would be more fun to make it a miniaturised aspex liked up to his brain than a weapon.
>>
>>44584095
Tracer rounds, critical effects
>>
File: you sure m8.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
you sure m8.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>44584136
>>44584136

i know, thats what i have been saying. Christ.
>>
>>44584095
Psychic powers. Incidiary ammunition.
>>
>>44584166
Return back a couple of steps.

My problem was not that flamers supposedly auto-hit, because they don't. I think that this is fucking retarded that according to the rules you essentially have 2 reactions to per one flamer attack, something that clashes with every other instance of attack evasion and does not happen anywahere else.

Where does your le reaction face come into this?
>>
>>44584265

But it's not two reactions, dump ass.
The first is just a test to see if it hits. No different than an acolyte rolling under his ballistic skill to see if he hits.
In this case it falls on the victim because of the way spraying works.
>>
>>44584306
Are you baiting or just moronic?
How is "inititator rolls to confirm" same as "reciever rolls to evade"?
>>
>>44584178
>Psychic powers
oh well, if we are including bull shit...

either way, you still get to dodge both
>>
>>44584340
because flamers are special and work weirdly.
>>
I've been playing 40k for about 2 years, and love the 40k lore and setting. I'm looking to get into RPGs, but have never played them before and have no idea how. Which of the 40k books would be best for a beginner? So far I'm leaning towards black crusade, but that's just because my second army is chaos.
>>
>>44584358
Now I know you're baiting. And are probably from my group as well. In both cases, eat cock.
>>
>>44584344
You are still missing the point, the problem lies in the flame quality, which forces you to test agi or catch fire, that's the test that makes the difference and puts you out of the fight. Dodge tests and the like are required against any other weapon and are not being considered.
>>
>>44584374
BC is a massive sandbosx, and could easily overwhelm a new GM, same goes for RT. my adivce: Only War both has easiler charicter gen than other systems, and comes with stock reason why the party is all working together, even if they are all very different.

my advice is to stick to the basic class and ignore all the advances specialisations ESPECIALLY PSYKERS, who do to balance what a black spiky dildo does to a Sunday morning church service.
>>
>>44584340
There's two tests in every attack, one of which is the reaction you may not be able to preform. I'm not sure how have the target rolling the initial test alters the dynamic so much.
>>
File: unimpressed.gif (428 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.gif
428 KB, 500x322
>>44584411
>point out that flamers work weirdly, because in the 40k RPGs they do
>get accused of baiting

u fucking wot m80
>>
>>44584447
If we're looking for simplicity, DH is more simple than OW while having a bigger variety of possible settings, themes and adventures.

The second advice I agree with. Start low-power and with basic stuff, include more advanced mechanics and toys as you learn.
>>
>>44584447
Cool thanks. Do you know the minimum number of players needed and average game length? I've played 40k games that have gone on for like 6 hours, is it anything like that?
>>
>>44584504
I'm in a group of six players for DH and it takes forever to get anything done, like most RPGs I think 3-4 is ideal depending on the personalities involved and absolute max can run between 6-8.
>>
>>44584464
>>44584411

It's not even that weird. It makes total sense.
The whole idea behind spray weapons is that they shoot out so much shit that rolling ballistics is stupid. It's not a small little bullet you're firing but an torrent of acid/fire. It is far more reliant on the enemies ability to avoid the spray than it is on the user to aim.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.