[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do rokz work, /tg/? Do orkz hollow them out and turn them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: 1382155579910.jpg (45 KB, 457x374) Image search: [Google]
1382155579910.jpg
45 KB, 457x374
How do rokz work, /tg/?

Do orkz hollow them out and turn them into proper(if temporary) spaceships? Or can orkz just survive the vacuum of space?
>>
>>44534256
As far as I know, it's a bit of both. They find nice asteroids (Or sizeables chunks of planet) floating in space, make a bit of room, then strap as many rockets to it as orkishly possible.
>>
>>44534256
Also they can only do this when they are able to make energy field technology
>>
>>44534256
>Or can orkz just survive the vacuum of space?
I've read that they can for short durations.
>>
they just make it work by thinking itll work thats how thier psyker shit works.

also, they fungal
long heda
>>
>>44534957
Power of the WAAAAAGGGHH might keep the atmosphere on a rok together.
Do the Ork spores create plants that can process carbon dioxide?
>>
File: warhammer the dark city.png (2 MB, 1260x889) Image search: [Google]
warhammer the dark city.png
2 MB, 1260x889
>>44534256
ok fuck it i'll ask here, how do the Dark Eldar torture Orks?

Do Orks consider murdering women and children of a defenseless planet WAAAAAAGHH since there's no fight?

Did Orks leave spores in the Dark City of the Dark Eldar pic related?
>>
>>44541441
In older stuff, I haven't read the newer codexes, orks would happily enslave weedy hoomies and use them for ammo production and the like. They'd probably kill some for a laugh and eat others, but if the planet had any industry the orks needed, they'd use the rest as slaves until they fell over.

Not out of cruelty, though. Orkoids can take harsh working conditions no problem. Pinkies are just too weak.
>>
>>44541398
Maybe Orkz just don't know that they need to breathe.
>>
>>44541398
Imagine wasteland worlds turning into marvelous gardens with ork ecosystem. Now I understand that orks are answer to every ecological problem ever.
>>
>>44541441
>How do Deldar torture Orkz?

That ones fairly easy. It is explained that one reason Orkz are so hard to kill because they have almost no nerve-endings in their skin. Almost.

Deldar have had more than 10'000 years to develop all the surgical equipment to reach every little nerve ending in any body of every species that exists in the Milky Way. They'll bury down to the few orkish nerve-endings, apply pain-stimulants and turn it up to eleven.

Behold: A sensory system that gets completely overloaded and causes unimaginable pain now matter how numbed you think you are.

>Do Orks consider murdering women and children of a defenseless planet WAAAAAAGHH since there's no fight?

That one's fairly difficult. Large enough ork-empires enslave other races to produce their everyday needs and bully around like grots, but while on WAAAGH!!! I believe taking slaves isn't the major objective.

I guess during the height of a WAAAGH!!!-campaign, they'll murder and butcher anything as they're not even looking for a fight, the kill is the reward for chasing something down or finding it if it hid itself.

>Did Orks leave spores in the Dark City
I don't think there's enough fertile ground to even allow spores to root and even if there'd be some form of spores touching ground, all the agricultural space would be so heavily monitored they'd just go and black-matter the shit out of everything that doesn't belong there.
>>
>>44541614
the spores make Orks an ecosystem onto themselves when they invade a planet if they aren't repulsed they will orkiform it
>>
>>44541815
Orks are basically little more than a loud, obnoxious disease that can traverse the void and use weapons.
>>
>>44541398
That's not how the WAAAAGH field works, it doesn't actively counteract reality, it just helps.

The bigger Orks get, the more resiliant they get (to the point where they survive head transplants), but even boys can survive vaccuum for a bit, though you'd think the duration you stay in a Rokk would be greater than that.

Meks can build most of anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had rudimentary atmosphere generators in there
>>
>>44541441
>Do Orks consider murdering women and children of a defenseless planet WAAAAAAGHH since there's no fight?

Yes. WAAAAGH is their dominant emotion, not their only one. Many Orks are cruel, blood thirsty or just plain hungry, and those are all perfectly valid reasons to kill those that don't fight back.
>>
>>44541657
>I don't think there's enough fertile ground to even allow spores to root and even if there'd be some form of spores touching ground, all the agricultural space would be so heavily monitored they'd just go and black-matter the shit out of everything that doesn't belong there.

Spores don't need fertile ground, what gave you that idea? They grow on space stations, Forgeworlds, Space hulks. But you'd think the DEs would have been attentative enough to burn out whatever was tainted
>>
>>44541614
>orks are answer to every ecological problem ever.

Yeah, if you want a planet surface made entirely of ork-fungus, orks, squig-variants, and ork-tech.
>>
>>44542281
Are you saying you don't?
>>
File: 2cute4me.jpg (128 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
2cute4me.jpg
128 KB, 900x675
>>44541657
aww... i feel bad for little kids that get enslaved by orks. Grouts are going to fuck them up badly. Poor kids :(
>>
>>44534256
As far as I know, Orkz have a limited ability to survive in space. Like to the point where if a rok is off course one guy can just poke his head out of a hole to check and then yell back down to everyone about it.
>>
File: World_of_Guardsmen.png (586 KB, 1089x2066) Image search: [Google]
World_of_Guardsmen.png
586 KB, 1089x2066
>>44542298
>Are you saying you don't?

I'd prefer ones made of guardsmen.
>>
>>44542344
What the FUCK?!
>>
>>44542331
The Orks'd turn Roks into proper ships with scopes, I'd think. Cameras, windows, literal holes, etc, though since Orks do follow some vauge laws of phsyics I'd expect literal holes to only be used when the Orks have suits or when the holes are really small, and in huge Roks.

>Me gob when roastin' squigs while landin' on a planet usin' da lookin' holes
>>
>>44542655
One of the things that ork technology is pretty amazing at is forcefield technology. Generally speaking the construction of any kind of orkish spacecraft could never be expected to retain atmosphere on its own but they use forcefields to make it tight. At any rate, orks can't survive indefinitely in vacuum, but like people, it's not exactly instant death. I would expect your average ork to be able to happily go several minutes in a vacuum before risk of asphyxiation. They're hardy enough in all other respects that I don't see any lasting damage is likely from a brief jaunt.
>>
>>44542471
chapter master numbers could get a little... silly.
>>
Orks aren't cruel intentionally, your standard boy see's women and children as grots and doesn't understand why they can't withstand being fired out of a cannon or used as a kickball for a laugh, and slavers are like tinkering mekboys, they just think it is a grand ole time to get inside the head of a slave and make them work faster.
>>
>>44541614
I saw a fic where orcs were used as a terraforming tool, but they were genetically altered for it.
>>
>>44542958
what makes you say that? We constantly get treated to cruel Orkz in Ork POV stuff, for example in Blood and Thunder, which also gives us a very cowardly Ork (who still loves krumping more than anything).

Orks most definitely have negative emotions just as humans do, if not more often, if less intensively.
>>
>>44542958
>doesn't understand why they can't withstand being fired out of a cannon or used as a kickball for a laugh

They understand perfectly well. It's because orks are the strongest, while others are weak. Also, non-orks spend too much time idle or on insignificant tasks (i.e. anything other than war or preparations for war), they don't worship the ork gods, and lack the bravery and power of a true ork.
>>
>>44542471
It's the true nature of the universe, Anon. It's cold and uncaring because the universe is made out of guardsmen. They're probably Kriegers.
>>
>>44541901
>Why duz it 'ave ta be such a big zoggin deal? Why can't it be like, like, Ork are a world dizeaze? Like, dat world dere's got spess mehreen measles or facial slugga rounds, roight? And dat's why all ov da ovver planets are so far away. It's loike, "Oh, don't go near ArmyGeddum! It's got Orks on it, they're conta- count-, Youze gonna get dem!"
-Dave Lister, Orkish finker
>>
>>44545644
Daz roit orky tinking, innit?
>>
>>44543116
what is it called?
>>
>>44546198
>The Age of Dusk: The Eridani Records
http://www.thebolthole.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1623

Please note that this is not a point of the fic, it's mentioned perhaps only once.
>>
>>44541564
>Not out of cruelty, though.

No, its out of pure cruelty. Go read Chains of Golgotha to see the horrors of the Ork industry.
>>
>>44534256
They find a big asteroid, make some room for da boyz, stick a bunch of rockets and spiky gubbinz on it, and ride them planet-side screaming WAAAAAAAAAAGH! and firing wildly the whole way down.
>>
Dude, ghandi and MLK would be like cryptonite to orks
>>
File: 063.jpg (544 KB, 1662x1214) Image search: [Google]
063.jpg
544 KB, 1662x1214
>large asteroids hollowed out and fitted with drives, guns and crew quarters
>incapable of travelling through the Warp
>large lumps of rock with engines studded all over them
>low speed and considerable momentum
>lack the complex systems of true space craft

I'll toast some stuff on Ork space hulks as well since those are always described in more detail.
>>
File: 060.jpg (451 KB, 1660x1214) Image search: [Google]
060.jpg
451 KB, 1660x1214
>>44548596
>>
File: 006.jpg (570 KB, 1132x1576) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
570 KB, 1132x1576
>>44548629
>>
File: Ork-Domains.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1653) Image search: [Google]
Ork-Domains.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1653
>>44548657
>>
>>44534256
Rokz have life support, or something which approximates life support.

They're not too vulnerable to vacuum exposure, though. Between their natural 'ardness, huge WAAAGHing lungs, and the comparatively reduced oxygen requirements of their small and simple brains, an ork with a lungfull of air ought to last a couple minutes in vacuum without significant injury.
Or until they try shouting to someone that the air's all gone, at least.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.