[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 25

You take a moment to contemplate how you want to respond to Sammy's message, sighing softly and typing slowly, trying to find the right words.

“They were never together, not really. Your mom put on a brave face and a big show, but that was because otherwise she would be all alone and vulnerable. She'd be dead out on the streets by herself, or worse. I know it's hard to think about, but everything else is just a consequence. It's about them. It's about their pain and their problems, and you're caught in the crossfire. I know you don't want them to split up but maybe it's for the best. Your mom wasn't lying to you the other day. She cares about you, and she wants you to know that, she just needs to be able to seek her own happiness as well. Talk to her and really listen to her. I know that you'll figure it out.”

You pocket your cell phone and drag your chair over to the bed, sitting down. Jennifer doesn't look up from her book, she just reaches over and takes your hand.

“You're tense. Did something happen?”

You shrug slightly.

“Potentially. I'm sure I'm about to find out.”

Jennifer's phone chimes quietly and she grabs it, looking at the screen and then at you.

“Can I get some privacy? I feel as though I'm going to need it.”
>>
>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/YMGdCy7Q
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.

>Head out for a bit, let Jennifer talk in peace
>Stick around for emotional support
>Stay by Jennifer to help back her up on the call
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44532463
>>
>>44532463
>Head out for a bit
Take stakes, holy water, and phone. Go for a walk.
>>
>>44532463
>>
>>44532521
An enthusiastic walk?
>>
>>44532560
A VERY enthusiastic walk.
>>
You nod and get to your feet, slipping a stake into your pocket and grabbing your flask and a little blessed cross as you head out the door. As you walk out you can hear Jennifer answer the phone and then immediately fall silent. As you head down the hall a little ways, you realize you have no idea what you intend to do with the rest of the day. You suppose that lunch is in order considering you're getting hungry, but you kinda wanted to go get lunch with someone.

>Head for lunch alone
>Try to find someone to eat with (write-in)
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44532651
>Head for lunch alone
>>
>>44532651
>>Head for lunch alone
>>
>>44532651
>Head for lunch alone
>>
>>44532651
>Try to find someone to eat with
Mergirl. Let's go over notes with her.
>>
>>44532651
>Head for lunch alone
>>
Sleuth roll plus Perception, +2
>>
>>44532677
>>44532777
Well then. Perhaps this thread will be blessed.
>>
Rolled 13 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44532840
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44532840
>>
Rolled 11 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44532840
>>
You feel like you should be getting used to being followed by this point. As you head for the cafeteria the familiar sensation of being watched settles over you. You turn to look behind yourself, but there's no one there. You turn around and walk smack into the vampire girl who had been threatening Sammy the other day. Lisa, was it? The one who tried to force her into a pact and stormed off when you got close, and who those other two girls were badmouthing. That one.

“Spencer.”

She frowns at you, the bags under her eyes barely concealed by her makeup.

“Are you aware of the fact that you're being followed by someone? You seem like the sort who wouldn't, considering how easily I crept up on you myself. I've come as a representative to discuss the terms of the arrangement in more specific terms. Come with me.”

She offers you her hand. There's a gold ring on one of her fingers with a purple gemstone, and the light inside it swirls and shifts in strange patterns.

>Take her hand
>I'm getting lunch, talk to me later
>Who's following me?
>Run away
>Stake time
>Let's walk and talk. Lead on.
>Join me for lunch?
>Other (write-in)

-

Had to make a few rolls on my end. For reasons.
>>
>>44533056
>>Join me for lunch?
>Who's following me?
>Nice ring
>>
>>44533056
>>44533148
Second.
>>
>>44533056
>>Join me for lunch.
As a statement, not a question.
>>
>>44533148
>>44533157
>>44533056
Like this. We aren't her pet, if she wants to talk to us, she can do it at our convenience.
>>
You smile and walk past her.

“Nice ring. And I'm on my way to lunch. If you want to talk to me, you can join me.”

There's a brief pause and she walks beside you, her head hanging a bit as she yawns. You glance at her and smirk.

“So, who's following me?”

Lisa glances over her shoulder.

“A recruiter. There are hunters in the city, and word got out that you're here. They've sent one of their own to track you down and bring you in to join their cause before you get too involved with anyone else. That includes the Wolfe family. I'm here because they sent Mr. A to collect you this time, and we'd rather negotiate with you when you're sane and not drugged up beyond belief until you believe their fanaticism.”

>Turn around and say hi to Mr. A
>Carry on with Lisa, have a nice lunch
>Ask Lisa about the agreement
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44533271
>Carry on with Lisa, have a nice lunch
We don't want to mix with hunters.
>>
>>44533271
>word got out that you're here.
Just who do you all think I am, that I'm getting so much attention?
>Carry on and have lunch.
>>
>>44533271
>>44533329
Seconded.
>>
>>44533271
>>44533329
this
>>
“So who do you guys think I am if I'm getting so much attention?”

Lisa rolls her eyes.

“Prophecy dictates that there will be a wildcard every few years, one who muddies the waters of fate and makes the future hard to determine. So far that appears to be you. Vanessa's death wasn't predicted, and neither was your arrival that day. Whoever possesses the wildcard can carve out the destiny of their choice. The hunters know this, and so they want you for themselves, in the same way that we wish to ally ourselves with you to prevent our own destruction.

Everyone will fight over you the moment they realize that fact, either to protect you or to claim you. I'm sure that by now you've already noticed the way people react to you when you stir up trouble, how you inspire them and make them want to be around you. Fate will draw out the options around you, and as the wildcard you will select the path that fate should follow. Or I could be pulling your leg completely.”

She narrows her eyes and smiles at you.

“What do you think, Oliver Spencer? Are you the wildcard? Do you make your own fate?”

>I don't believe in fate
>It makes a lot of sense
>It's probably someone else, why would it be me?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44533622
>I don't believe in fate
but if I did
>It's probably someone else, why would it be me?
I'm not all that special.
>>
>>44533622
>I don't believe in fate
>>
>>44533622
>I think I have a very, very big fate laid out before me, ready for the taking. I'm still debating if it's worth it.
>>
>>44533622
>>I don't believe in fate
>>
>>44533622
>>I don't believe in fate
Not as a predetermined fact, at least. However, the concept of wyrd as taught by the Norse, that each past decision influences and guides our future, that makes sense.
In that way, your belief in a wild card could be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Because you expect someone to be able to influence you, perhaps they can...
>continue a random discourse on why fate can't be.
>>
“I don't believe in fate.”

You chuckle softly.

“At least, not the way you're thinking it. Cause and effect exists, which is about as close as it gets for me. And even if I did, why would I be the wildcard? What's so special about me?”

Lisa moves in front of you, but her eyes are locked on something behind you.

“If you take my hand, right now, I can explain everything. But if you don't then I can't make any promises. It's your choice. Trust me for all of two seconds, or experience true suffering by their hand.”

She offers you her hand, glaring at something that you can hear creeping up on you bit by bit.

>Take her hand
>Turn around
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44533927
>Take her hand
Fuck it. Down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>44533927
>Take her hand
>>
>>44533927
>Take her hand
>>Turn around
Do both?
>>
>>44533927
>>Take her hand
>Give Meliora a head's up
>>
>>44534049
>>44533927
Second
>>
What are you doing DO NOT TRUST THE VAMP.
>>
You take hold of Lisa's hand and hear someone shout behind you. The voice strikes a familiar chord inside you, but you can't quite place it, like something from a dream or a long lost memory. And then all at once you feel as though you're being turned inside out, pushed through a narrow space and returned to normal. As you collapse to the ground you grasp at the strange carved stone beneath yourself, trying to steady your body before you pass out.

You awaken to the smell of roses and dust. You're in a chair of some sort. There are manacles attached to it, but your wrists aren't restrained. Gathered around the table are six figures, but they're too blurry to make out. There's an extra chair, but it's empty.

“He'll need some time to recover. Humans are too fragile for that sort of spell.”

“So why did you use it in the first place?”

“To see what would happen. He passed out, but he's physically unharmed. We can use it to remove him from situations where he'd be a problem or hurt himself, without fear.”

“And if he hadn't survived?”

“He's the wildcard. I'm sure of it. I never doubted for a second that he would live.”

“You and your crazy divinations...”

You rub your eyes slowly and groan.

>Write-in
>>
>>44534095
Versus what? We've got our arrangement, our glasses, and a stake. Not to mention our suit and our magic. We don't trust her, but it's a calculated risk.
>>
>>44534126
Check ourselves for supplies, check restraints for way out, look around.
>>
>>44534126
Someone better go get me some lunch.
>Text Miniora to turn on our GPS, and transmit our upcoming conversation to Mel.
>>
>>44534126
>Sit-up
>Check for glasses
"Hope you didn't take my glasses. I'm blind as a bat without 'em."
"Anyway, anybody want to start explaining?"
technically not even a lie, bats aren't blind
>>
>>44534177
>>44534203
>>44534255
Mix all three.
>>
You pat down your pocket slowly. They've been emptied completely. As your eyes begin to adjust you pat your face to check for your glasses. They're still there, which is probably the only reason you're not being mentally dominated by six vampire girls at once right now. You lean back a for and make sure that you're not actually bound to the chair before sighing quietly.

“Someone better get me something to eat... And does anyone want to start explaining what's going on or should I just begin assuming that you're all out to get me and this is my interrogation?”

One of the vampire girls cackles merrily. It's the girl with the ponytail from the other day, and she grins at you.

“Silly boy, we just needed you safe and alone somewhere so we could talk!”

The girl beside her, the short-haired one who was with her outside the locker room, nods vaguely.

“If you get taken in by the hunters then we'll all be exterminated. We know this for a fact. For the sake of our own survival, we need to forge our pact now before they make their move.”

Lily slaps you on the shoulder and smiles.

“So what do you say, pal? Friend? Chum? Comrade? Will you agree to be peaceful with us?”

>Where do I sign?
>The smart thing to do would be to see what their offer is, don't you think?
>Can I say no for now and get lunch first?
>How about no? You did just kinda kidnap me.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44534427
>The smart thing to do would be to see what their offer is, don't you think?
>Also you're REALLY shooting yourselves in the foot abducting me. Chains are not my fetish.
>>
>>44534485
Seconding
>>
>>44534427
Also need to have our lawyer (i.e. Angie) look over it first.
>>
>>44534427
>>
>>44534485
This, but less hostile. We do want this deal, we need them to stop pushing us around though.
Also
>get me my stuff, now.
>>
>>44534485
They didn't use any restraints.
>>
>>44534427
>The smart thing...
"Besides, we haven't even covered your specific wants and needs, or mine."
>>
>>44534427
Lily, did you really think pushing me around like this would work? Give me my stuff back and let me read over your contract. I'll get back to you.
>>
“The smart thing for me to do would be to see what their offer is first, don't you agree? Unless you have something so mind-blowing that you think that I'll take you up on it right off the bat. And where's all my stuff? I'd like it back. And maybe a sandwich?”

One of the vampires clears her throat and smiles at you.

“I do apologize for the behavior of my... associates. Let me make something abundantly clear to you. We seek our own survival above all else. We'll happily forge a pact with you, be at peace with you, but if you continue to be rude on our home turf then we'll have to show you the door. Personally, I'm more than happy to let the hunters have you. Nothing is set in stone if you choose a given side, it's why we're reaching out to you despite your ties to the Wolfe clan. Do you wish to leave? Or would you rather we discuss this like adults?”

She pulls out a syringe filled with a pale blue liquid, throwing it at you. It hits the chair, about an inch from your neck.

“Because if you want to leave, why don't you do the hunters a favor and help yourself to the first dose of their drug?”

>I'm out. Dose me up.
>Fine, let's talk.
>If we're gonna do this, it won't be on just your terms. Send me back and we'll table this for now.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44534847
>Fine, let's talk.
>But give me my stuff back first. You want me to trust you? Then you better show me some trust as well.
>>
>>44534847
>Fine, let's talk.
>But give me my stuff back first. You want me to trust you? Then you better show me some trust as well.
>>
>>44534847
>Fine, let's talk.
>>
>>44534847
>I won't be intimidated or coerced in this. I want my weapons.
>>
>>44534847
>>44534971
>>44534995
And I'll be three.
>>
“Fine, let's talk this out like adults. But I want my stuff back first. I can't imagine that that's too much to ask, right? You've got your fangs, I want my stake. Then we're all on a level playing field.”

Lisa snaps her fingers and you can feel your pockets bulge a bit. You check for your belongings, inspecting each one. She gives you a bemused smile.

“Illusion spell... Made you believe your pockets were empty when they weren't... Just a little mental diversion, really. We're not thieves. Well, mostly.”

She looks at the girl who threw the syringe at you, who glares back at her.

“Greed doesn't make someone a thief! It just means that I properly value my wealth!”

Lisa turns back towards you.

“So... What are your personal terms? Any requirements aside from nonaggression? Because that's pretty much all we prepared for on this one, and maybe some terms for group negotiations between you and our little group here, so that you aren't giving one of us an unfair advantage.”

>I like that plan, let's go with that one
>With protection for my friends, right?
>And what if one of you really annoys me?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44535157
>>With protection for my friends, right?
>>
>>44535157
I'm sure some day we'll all be great friends and won't need something like this, but for now I'd prefer to not have to worry about anyone trying to pressure me indirectly.
>>
>>44535157
>>
>>44535157
Some minor favoritism where the Wolfe clan is concerned, or at least a clause that will protect this treaty from being affected should I take any action against vampires in defense of the clan, or whichever other group I might decide to ally with. Something about informing you which Faction I am allied with at the time to prevent confusion. You know how it goes, yes?
>>
“And my friends are included in that, right?”

Lily laughs heartily at that.

“That means me, right? Awesome! Great to hear you're looking out for me already!”

The girl with the short hair coughs politely.

“He means the friends that aren't vampires. The ones who might get in our way. Personally, I think we can make an exception and permit him to have this one concession.”

The girl who threw the syringe nods slowly.

“On one condition. We will have peace, and we will negotiate the terms for handling fair terms for future deals another time, and your friends will be included in this deal as well, so long as you don't become friends with the hunters. It will leave us too vulnerable if we were to extend this agreement to them as well. And of course, we will act in self-defense if we're attacked by someone affiliated with you in any way. Are these terms acceptable to you, Spencer?”

The other girls look at you with various expressions, some eager, others apprehensive.

>Deal
>No deal
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44535405
>Deal
If you understand that I or my friends will act in self defense as well. After all, I was just attacked again yesterday.
>>
>>44535405
>Deal
>>Other (write-in) Spit in our hand and offer to shake.
>>
>>44535405
>Deal
Of course me and mine will do likewise, I'll try not to befriend a hunter accidentally.
>>
>>44535405
>>44535455
>>44535467
>>44535478
All of these, adding
>assuming none of you have lied to me. Any evidence of malfeasance will be brought up before you to explain, but will likely invalidate this.
>>
>>44535405
>And a clause protecting the pact from the actions of the faction I am allied with, excepting the Hunters, and allowing me to act in defense of them without breaching the pact?
>>
“Deal.”

You rise to your feet slowly.

“On the assumption that you understand that we'll counterattack as well if someone comes after us. I was attacked by a vampire the other day.”

Lily nods and smiles a little smuggly.

“He was one of mine. Kids are so reckless... And the agreement only extends to the six of us, not to our families. Destroy them all you like, just leave us out of it.”

Lisa gets to her feet and walks towards you.

“Would you like to go back now, or shall I walk you out of here on foot?”

>Send me back to my room
>Send me to the cafeteria
>Walk me out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44535579
>Walk me out
>>
>>44535579
>>Walk me out
>>
>>44535579
>Walk me out
>add in that bit about them lying to us invalidating our deal as we leave. Sort of an "Oh, if you lie to me, this deal is off."

We need to learn to protect ourselves from magic, especially illusions. Maybe we can add that to our glasses with rune magic.
>>
>>44535579
>Walk me out
>>
>>44535646
Might be smarter to start putting our general anti-mindfuck magicks into something that can't be taken from us.
>>
>>44535680
Yea, but I think it'd be easier to put a spell that allows us to see reality into something that allows people to see. Sympathetic resonance and all that....
Though I guess we don't know if that's a thing.
>>
“I'd rather you walked me out. I don't really want to wind up passed out somewhere after agreeing to a nonviolence pact. It seems like an easy way to end up in a bad situation.”

Lisa nods and turns, walking past you towards the exit, which is right behind you. There's a large stone archway covered by a cloth.

“Right this way.”

She steps past the cloth, and you can see light beyond it. You take a moment to steel yourself for whatever might be on the other side and forge onwards, pushing the cloth aside. The light is almost blinding, and as you walk forwards it fades away. You find yourself in a closet with Lisa, who gestures to the door.

“Second floor, near the science department. No one ever uses this thing, so it's a good place to put the exit portal of a localized temporal-spatial distortion. A pocket dimension, if you will. Anyway, I'll be heading back now to pen some more official documents so we have all this in writing. Enjoy your day.”

She looks at you for a moment, pauses, and then toys with her ring.

“And for the record, I'm not making out with you in the closet. Just for reference. I don't care about whatever you were about to say.”

She vanishes in a flicker of purple light, leaving you utterly baffled. You can't tell if that was one of her predictions or if she was just messing with you to make you feel silly. You exit the closet and check your phone. That just ate an hour of your time, and you're utterly famished. You've also got texts from Jennifer and Sammy. Sammy's is just a little note telling you that she'll be back tonight, while Jennifer sent you a string of texts, first to let you know it was safe to come back, then checking in since you weren't responding, and lastly letting you know that she's roaming the school looking for you in case you were kidnapped.

>Lunch time
>Text Sammy back
>Text Jennifer back
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44535821
>Text Sammy back
>Text Jennifer back
>Lunch time
>>
>>44535821
>Text Sammy back
>Text Jennifer back
>Lunch time
>>
>>44535821
>Text Jennifer back
I'm fine, had a talk with the reigning vampire coven. Was about as much a pain in the ass as you'd expect. Thankfully not a pain in the neck.
>Text Sammy back
Cool wanna talk once you get back?

>Lunch time
>>
>>44535875
>>44535821

Works for me. Also tell Jennifer she's welcome to meet us for lunch, since she's out and about.
>>
>>44535821
>Text Sammy back
>Text Jennifer back
>Lunch time
>>
>>44535945
I'm honestly a little sick of Jennifer
>>
You send Sammy a message asking her if she wants to meet up when she gets back, as well as one to Jennifer letting her know that you're safe and had a run in with the vampires. You head for the cafeteria, trying to work out what to get, and as you step inside your phone goes off again. You hop on the food line and check the message from Jennifer.

“Where are you? I want to make sure.”

You sigh softly and tap your phone against your palm. You don't want her causing a scene out in the open if she's been worried, but you also don't want her to be upset or worried even more by telling her to wait for you, especially if you get delayed again.

>Invite her to lunch
>Tell her to wait at your room for you
>Reassure her that you're fine and will be back soon
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44535991
Eh. It's just polite. Change it to text Catherine if you want, though.
>>
>>44536058
>>Reassure her that you're fine and will be back soon
She can come to lunch if she won't make a scene. Yes we realize how hard not making a scene is for someone as pretty as her, but she'll need to put forth the effort anyways.
>>
>>44536058
>Invite her to lunch
>>
>>44536058
>>
>>44536058
>>
>>44536082
>>44536058

This. Tell her she needs to stay calm if she comes.
>>
>>44536075
I don't like Catherine at all, really, or that class's gimmick we'd wind up discussing, so a lateral move
>>
>>44536154
Then what DO you want from this quest?
>>
>>44536166
To not be forced into bringing one of your waifus along to every single thing?
>>
You tell Jennifer that you're fine and will be back at the room soon, and that she can join you for lunch if she won't cause a scene. You clarify a little that you know she probably won't, but you know she was spooked by you vanishing and you don't want there to be a huge commotion, and you'll be back at the room after you eat anyway. There's no response, so you grab some food and sit down to eat.

You make it about halfway through your meal before you feel a hand on your shoulder and turn around to find Andrea smirking at you. She sits down beside you, putting her arm around you and tussling your hair.

“Eating lunch by yourself is the surest sign that you're not fitting in properly. Let me fix that for you.”

You open your mouth to reply and spot Jennifer in the doorway. She looks at you for a moment, before simply nodding and walking away. Andrea follows your gaze, then shrugs a bit.

“So, last night was a bust... Sammy's still torn up about everything at home... I was thinking we could throw some sort of party for her. What do you think? Get some snacks, some music, help cheer her up?”

>Sounds good to me
>I already had plans with her, kinda
>I don't really do parties
>I kinda have a thing...
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44536235
>>Sounds good to me
Need to Get some friends of hers in on it. Andrea might be able to help with that.

>I kinda have a thing...
What does this refer too?
>>
>>44536235
>>I kinda have a thing...
Still gotta track down Angie and apologize, but if we have time after that, then sure.
>>
>>44536235
>>Sounds good to me
Friends and comfort and maybe a cuddle pile.
>>44536275
we can apologize to her when we sleep.
>>
>>44536235
>Sounds good to me
I don't really know what the fourth option is talking about, so it is clearly unimportant or I would've remembered.
>>
>>44536235
>Sounds good to me
>>
>>44536235
>Yup. We could go wherever we wanted, too. I just finished putting down the details with the vamps. We're clear as far as werewolves or vampires go, and those are the biggest nuisances. Me and those I would feel obligated to protect, long as they aren't hunters.
>>
>>44536284
We have a gift we need to give her.
>>
>>44536208
So what happened? I thought you disliked waifus.
>>
“Sounds like a solid plan to me. We'll get all her friends together, maybe some people from the track team or something. Where would we host it though...”

Andrea laughs.

“I've got that covered. We can throw it at my place. I've got a room on campus that I never use, and I live in an apartment off the school grounds. No rules, all the booze you can drink, and I've even got a pretty good sound system, if I do say so myself.”

You nod and smile.

“Works for me. I don't really know many of her friends though. Think you can organize this?”

Andrea nods.

“Mostly I just wanted to make sure the guest of honor could attend. I don't think she'd have much fun without her boyfriend, right?”

She gets to her feet and writes down an address on a piece of paper, leaving it on the table.

“Be there at 8 PM sharp, don't dress up, and invite whoever you like.”

She shoves her hands into her pockets and walks away, singing under her breath and leaving you with mixed feelings about what's about to transpire. Expectations upon expectations. You make a note of the address in your phone and finish up your meal. You could always duck out, you suppose. You put the note in your pocket and debate what to do for the next few hours. You have two or three before you need to get ready.

>Write-in
>>
>>44536406
Go drop in on Angie with the gift. If she is awake apologize, if she isn't leave a note apologizing and say we didn't wish to wake her.
>>
>>44536406
>Go track down Angie
>>
>>44536406
>Visit Angie.
We have a gift for her and maybe we can find out why she killed our dream-self?
>>
>>44536406
Try to find Angie to deliver our apology bribe.
>>
>>44536354
Didn't vote, there's no escape
>>
>>44536454
Of course there isn't if you don't vote.
>>
You stretch a little bit and wander off in the direction of the nurse's office to go apologize to Angie. Her gift/bribe is in your room with Jennifer, and that's a whole other kettle of fish, but for now you want to at least let her know that you're sorry. You check the door, and when you don't see any light on the other side you open it cautiously. Angie is asleep at her desk, snoring softly and mumbling something about pudding.

The instant you step into the room you feel a chill run down your spine, and Angie twitches slightly, yawning and looking up at you. She looks even more tired than usual, and that's saying something. As she gets to her feet you see black wings behind her for the briefest moment, and she lumbers towards you slowly, arms outstretched.

“Humans who seek knowledge forbidden by heaven... must be destroyed...”

Her eyes open wide, her normal sleepy smirk replaced with a terrifying grimace, toothy and twisted. It's almost like her face is about to turn to shreds and fall off, revealing the bare skull beneath, the true face of death. Your legs are shaking, and you can feel the air around you flowing towards her right hand, something beginning to take shape.

>Throw yourself on her mercy
>Run and live
>Apologize profusely and hope for the best
>Attempt to distract her
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44536601
>"So can I have a list about what knowledge is forbidden by heaven? Or is that also forbidden knowledge?"
>>
>>44536601
Hold up bribe and say "No hard feelings?" while keeping the fear out of our voice.
>>
>>44536601
Dodge towards the coffee pot as well.

She's probably just fucking with us, but still.
>>
>>44536647
Reading comprehension, anon.
>>
File: 1451165529777.jpg (394 KB, 1739x517) Image search: [Google]
1451165529777.jpg
394 KB, 1739x517
>>44536647
It's in our room, senpai. Take the time to read the post before answering.
>>
>>44536601
>>Apologize profusely and hope for the best
>>
>>44536663
>>44536669
So it is. Well, whatever.
>>
Schmooze roll, +1
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44536733
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44536733
"I was asking if it was rude or a no-no ahead of time to avoid this crap!"
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44536733
>>
Rolled 17 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44536733
But our smooze leveled up, boss. Last thread.
>>
>>44536783
No we got persuade 1 not schmooze 2
>>
>>44536783
Yeah but the rolls didn't. And this isn't Persuading her. This is for not losing your shit under pressure and babbling like a moron instead of apologizing concisely.
>>
>>44536817
I assume an 8+1 doesn't cut it.
>>
>>44536807
>>44536817
My mistake.
>>
>>44536840
Nope. Looks like we lost our shit. Hope we didn't piss on the floor.
>>
>>44536897
I REALLY hope Angie's just fucking with us.
>>
She swings the ribbon high, and the end turns silver, bending where the color changes and forming the blade of the scythe as it manifests. You feel a little faint, and your legs give out. You find yourself babbling and begging for mercy, gazing up at Angie as her face melts away, revealing the bleached bone beneath. You can't even form words, stammering and shaking with every breath. She swings, and you shut your eyes.

“You're forgiven.”

You open your eyes to find the tip of her scythe is right between your eyes. Angie reaches up and grabs her face, removing the skull mask she was wearing and smirking at you from behind it.

“But it's rude to ask a lady her age and an angel her place in heaven. You're not dead yet, you're not allowed to know it. Understand?”

You nod numbly. You're vaguely aware of the face that you managed not to wet yourself, but that might be because every muscle was too tense for it. Angie lifts her scythe an inch and it stops, and she gives it a few firm yanks.

“What the...?”

Her scythe turns into black mist and vanishes, and Angie just looks confused.

“Huh. Alright, something weird is going on. Oliver, did you make friends with, say... Dracula, or members of a death cult, or something like that? Because someone just messed with my scythe, and I don't appreciate that.”

>Well, I had this weird dream...
>Not that I'm aware of
>Potentially A dracula, or several of them. Do you just mean powerful vampires?
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44536970
Well I had a bloody fucking nightmare on par with what you just did involving Dracula.

I also made a non-aggression pact with the rest of Vanessa's clique.

Either of those it?
>>
File: king c look over.jpg (29 KB, 518x369) Image search: [Google]
king c look over.jpg
29 KB, 518x369
>>44536970
>>Potentially A dracula, or several of them. Do you just mean powerful vampires?
OH BOY, HERE WE GO.
>>
>>44536970
>>Potentially A dracula, or several of them. Do you just mean powerful vampires?
>>
>>44536970
>A non-aggression pact with the head vampires here. No more hits on me or my friends from the top.
>>
>>44537005
This one. If we've somehow drawn Dracula's attention, we need to know.
>>
>>44536970
>>44537005
Seconded.
>>
>>44536970
>Potentially
>Maybe bring up the dream
>>
>>44537070
>>44537005
>>
You stand up slowly and wait for your pulse to approach normal again, using your magic to slow the flow of your blood a bit to help shake off the dizziness.

“Well... I had a horrifying nightmare involving Dracula and sacrificing all my friends for something, and woke up terrified... And then I made friends with Vanessa's old crowd earlier so that they won't attack me or my friends anymore... Would either of those do the trick?”

Angie shakes her head.

“A dream is just a dream. Unless it's a vision. It's hard to tell the two apart. And making a deal wouldn't impact anything... There's powerful necromancy at work though. Nothing can stop my scythe for any reason except for necromantic magic. There wasn't a particular intention, I wasn't trying to kill you... They were just sending a message.”

Angie turns and heads for her desk.

“I need to get to work. Why would a necromancer want to alert me to their presence though...?”

>Leave Angie alone and head somewhere else (write-in)
>Stick around and try to help
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44537172
>>
>>44537172
>>
>>44537172
>>Stick around and try to help
>Maybe bait? Maybe saying hands off he's mine?
>>
>>44537172
I'm scared.
>>
>>44537172
Maybe take a nap as bait? Let Angie watch over us while we study our runes?
>>
As Angie sits down at her desk you grab a chair and drag it over, sitting down next to her. She rests her head on her arms and looks at you, sighing.

“I don't like this sort of thing. Necromancers aren't a specialty of mine, which means my sister will inevitably get involved and make a mess.”

You smile a bit.

“Well, let me try and help... What if it's a diversion? Or a message, like... don't touch this one, he's mine? Or what if the message wasn't for you at all?”

Angie pauses for a moment and looks at her desk at though trying to bore a hole in it with her gaze.

“A diversion perhaps... Though the other two options are troubling. It would mean someone is actively planning on keeping you alive off the clock. I could kill you myself and be unable to reap you, and you'd just keep coming back to life. There are only two reasons why someone would do that... To torment you for all time, and to make use of you for something big. It takes a lot of energy to buy even a single moment of time for someone else, and they stalled my scythe fruitlessly for a good five seconds, just for show. I need to sleep and consult some people...”

>Leave Angie alone (write-in)
>Try to sleep and tag along
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44537322
>Try to sleep and tag along
Contacts are good. And it might make things easier for her.
>>
>>44537322
>>Try to sleep and tag along
Should set an alarm to wake up and get ready for the party. This bares investigating.
>>
>>44537322
>Well, I've got something in my room I bought you. I'll bring it by later.
>>
>>44537322
>>Leave Angie alone (write-in)
Give her our number in case shit comes up and she needs us asap.
Before we leave ask her how long a staked vampire could last.
>>
>>44537349
>party
>marked by a necromancer so strongly that our reaper can't touch us.

Which one is more important...hmm?

>>44537322
Sarcasm aside
>Try to sleep and go along.
>>
Angie a best.
>>
Smarts roll, +0

Time to get comfy
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>44537413
>>
>>44537364
The question about staked vampires does warrant asking though, since a lot of speculation about mommy dearest does relate to it. Remember it for later.
>>
Rolled 18 + 0 (1d20 + 0)

>>44537413
we need a crit don't we?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44537413
>>
>>44537431
>>44537433
Damn good rolls!
>>
Angie closes her eyes, and you lean on the desk and try to make yourself comfortable, closing your eyes and relaxing. As Angie drifts off you focus on the sound of her light snoring, and bit by bit you drift off into sleep. It takes you a few moments, but you manage to keep your wits about you as you drift away, and as you start to dream you focus on Angie, who appears before you in her reaper outfit.

“Oh, hey there. I guess you decided to nap?”

You nod and smile.

“I wanted to tag along. Maybe I can help out a little. Plus I wanted to meet with the people you're gonna talk to. It might help them work out what's going on.”

Angie holds up her hands and shakes her head.

“No way. The last thing I need is a mortal meeting my boss. You'd literally die from being in his presence, even in a dream. That's kind of why he only reaps the elderly. Takes them in their sleep, peaceful death, that kind of thing. Anyway... I'll give you a swift kick to wake you up and sleep again, alright? I'll figure this out.”

>I want to help. Isn't there a way?
>Fine then. Before I go, I have a question about vampires and stakes...
>Alright, I guess I'll see you around
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44537427
Inb4 she's a Draculina, the one with the Sin that's left out of the power struggle here.
>>
>>44537528
>>
>>44537528
>>Fine then. Before I go, I have a question about vampires and stakes...
Mommy dearest may be the one hovering over us.
>>
>>44537528
>>Fine then. Before I go, I have a question about vampires and stakes...
>>
>>44537528
>>
>>44537532
We killed one of them, that's why that chair was empty.
>>
>>44537562
No not Vanessa. Dracula had 8 daughters representing the 7 sins. Envy 2x. Each major family has a sin. One is doubled up on another is absent. I'm saying Mom is prolly tied to the lost sin, possibly a direct descendant of Dracula himself. Thus Draculina or daughter of Dracula
>>
>>44537605
Didn't one of the envy twins kill the other?
>>
>>44537638
Yeah. Still all 7 sins represented. And one is missing.
>>
“Alright... But before I go, there's a question that's been nagging me. When I staked Vanessa she just dusted, but when I killed another vampire, they lingered for a while first... Do different kinds of vampires take different lengths of time to die or what?”

Angie looks at you for a moment, and suddenly the scene around you changes. You can feel her exerting power over your mind, drawing you into a cozy little livingroom. 1400's era, fireplace, Italy maybe from the music outside. She leans in close.

“When a human becomes a vampire, the first step is their first feeding. They'll endure unimaginable hunger, but they only truly become a vampire when they feed for the first time. That's when they develop their unique weaknesses and strengths. With a single kill, a vampire simply is.

At one hundred, they can suppress their weaknesses for a short time, meaning those related to their sin. Five hundred and they can suppress them indefinitely so long as they feed regularly. At a thousand, a vampire can resist that which would otherwise kill them. A stake through the heart sets them back a thousand feedings rather than killing them outright.

The truly ancient vampires, those who have walked the earth for centuries, can only be killed by slaying them over and over again, destroying their minions and preventing them from regenerating. If anyone ever managed to find Dracula, they'd need to kill him and either seal him away or slay him a hundred more times to be sure. And even then, his body count is said to be millions...”

You swallow nervously. Your mom didn't dust right away. Which means she's probably out there somewhere right now. You awaken with a start as Angie kicks your shin and grumbles at you.

“Hurry along... Need to work...”

She slumps, and you find yourself breathless. It's the same feeling as you had when you had your nightmare.

>Head back to your room
>Text someone. Text anyone. Freak out.
>Head somewhere to be alone
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44537660
I think you're doing your math wrong. It doesn’t invalidate the possibility that mother dearest is super powerful, but your math seems off.
>>44537684
>Head back to your room
This is exactly the sort of situation we need to talk about.
>>
>>44537684
>Head back to your room
Tell Jennifer and Meliora. Try to keep calm. Your mother is a super old and powerful vampire. She likely has a plan for you and put that reaper proof mantle on you. She Geassed you. Oh shit.
>>
>>44537684
>Head back to your room
Freak out to Jennifer a bit.
>>
>>44537684
>Head back to your room
Well. Fuck.
>>
>>44537720
No envy lost a twin. There are seven vampire families. They only repress 6 sins. One sin is missing another is 2xd we got this from Sammy in the early threads.
>>
This explains how dad couldn't kill her despite being her for years.
>>
>>44537759
7 deadly sins
Check
8 daughters
Check
Envy was 2, one died
Check
There were seven seats in that room, with vanessa's empty.
Not related as far as I can see, but check.

What am I missing? How is a sin missing if all 7 existing lines are here at the school?
>>
>>44537829
Because it was never established that the vampire leadership of this school was comprised of all seven sins?
>>
You make your way back to your room, trying to figure this situation out in your head. Your dad followed her for years from kill site to kill site, chasing her trail relentlessly. If she fed every night, she could easily have several thousand under her belt with room to spare, and that's only if she went all out all the time. Feeding more than once a week alone would have given her at least one more backup.

But if she's older than that...

You try not to think about the potential consequences. For one, it would mean that you're part vampire, or she found a way to become human for a little while to have you and then went back to being a vampire. You're not sure which is more terrifying. But this is all assuming that she came back, and there's no proof of that yet, unless your mom is also a powerful necromancer protecting her baby boy.

You find yourself missing your dad. When you were seven and got teased for not having a mom he sat with you all afternoon, called out of his night shift and spent the night just talking with you. He told you that she would watch over you, and at the time you thought he meant from heaven. By the time you reach your room your head is an absolute mess of emotions. Jennifer looks like she's about to yell at you when you open the door, but her anger fades once she sees your face.

“Oliver...?”

>Freak out to Jennifer, feel your feelings
>Ask for some time alone, try to sort your head out
>Distract yourself from your feelings with work
>Ask Jennifer for her bottle, have a drink
>Distract yourself from your feelings with “fun”
>Other (write-in)

-

I like to call those last three the “healthy and well-adjusted” options.
>>
>>44537847
Then
>Freak out to Jennifer
>>
>>44537847
>Freak out to Jennifer
>>
>>44537847
Or
>Distract yourself, have fun.
>>
>>44537847
>>44537868
>>44537875
Third.
>>
>>44537829
One sin presumably Envy is doubly represented. My guess is they both got lines started before one offed the other. Regardless one sin not sure which is not represented. Given Mom is an ancient vampire who managed to pop out a kid? I'm betting Lust, which given which demon we drew at the summoning makes sense. This also make Oliver a dhampir which explains his magical affinities being so close to vampire standard.

>>44537847
Then
Also text Meliora and see if she knows how to remove complusions
>>
>>44537847
>Distract yourself from your feelings with work
>>
>>44537907
Okay, now your theories are getting retarded. Different anon.
>>
Strength roll plus Endurance, +1
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44537932
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44537932
>>
Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44537932
>>
>>44537950
Welp. We drunk.
>>
>>44537907
>which explains his magical affinities being so close to vampire standard.
>Magical affinities are all over the place with only one of the two related to vampires being in the top three, and not even the highest
>>
>>44537967
I'd hope Jennifer would stop us before too long.
>>
>>44538001
I dunno. "mom may be a eon old horror with incredible necromantic power and a scheme centered on us" sounds like a good reason for get drunk to me.
>>
>>44538061
Yeah but we can't mainline the shit she does. Also Sammy's party.
>>
You head for Jennifer's suitcase.

“I'd like a shot of whatever you have with you, preferably something strong. Ideally something that'll kick my ass.”

Jennifer walks over and pulls a flask out of her suitcase.

“You get one pull from this. It's unpleasant stuff if you have too much, and the first one will get you fairly loaded.”

You nod and let Jennifer pour the shot for you, and you down it in one go. The taste isn't so bad, but the aftertaste makes you want to shrivel up and die. It passes slowly, and you head for the couch. Jennifer sits down and pulls you close as you ease yourself down. You relax against her for a moment and sigh.

“My mom might be alive. My dad spent his whole life chasing her down, and even after he died... she managed to walk away... I don't know if I should be relieved that she might be out there, or scared that she's been planning something... And something happened when I stopped in to see Angie, something stopped her scythe... Something is going on...”

Jennifer strokes your back slowly.

“If you saw her again, what would you do?”

You move slowly, sitting up and looking at your hands.

“I killed her, or I thought I did, and she told me to become a vampire and bring her back to life, along with dad. Maybe she didn't know she'd come back, or... maybe she wants me to make her human. If I saw her again I'd probably break down... I don't know what to do...”

Jennifer rests a hand over yours.

“Do what feels right, in your heart. I don't have any plans tonight, we can do whatever you want to do. You just name it, alright?”

>I'm going to a party later, wanna come with?
>I have plans tonight, but I have a few hours. Let's... (write-in)
>Alright then. That sounds like a good idea. I had plans, but I'm not up for it.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44538085
>Sammy's party.
She doesn't know about it, and I don't know about you, but I'm really not feeling like cheering someone up after that reveal and all it implies.
>>
>>44538111
>I have plans tonight, but I have a few hours. Let's... (Play video games)
>>
>>44538111
>I have plans tonight, but I have a few hours. Let's... (write-in)
Vidya
>>
>>44538111
>>I have plans tonight, but I have a few hours. Let's... (Cuddle and play video games, maybe make out too)
>>
>>44538111
>>Alright then. That sounds like a good idea. I had plans, but I'm not up for it
>>
>>44538085
Yeah, we kind of need to be... not-wasted in order to attend and support our girlfriend who's home life we completely demolished.
>>44538111
>I have plans tonight, but I have a few hours. Let's... (write-in) talk, just talk about this for a bit. Why is she protecting us? What is she using us for? What would Jennifer do in our position?
>>
>>44538111
>>44538130
>>44538142
Guess I'll third. Don't want to take her to the party since it's to cheer Sammy up from home bullshit, not remind her of it, don't want to just abandon that either.
>>
>>44538148
>>44538111
This
>>
>>44538157
>our girlfriend
That was only to get her out of her engagement to Marc, remember? We haven't committed to anyone, our not-geas is more important.
>>
>>44538191
>That was only to get her out of her engagement to Marc, remember?
Yeah, and the dating and cutesy romance shit even after that became a non-issue is absolutely just to get her out of her engagement, right?

Different anon.
>>
>>44538111
>>44538148
Second.
>>
>>44538228
What's the point of voting so late?
>>
>>44538209
You mean the same shit we've done with Jennifer and Meliora too? I dunno anon, but I think it's pretty clear we haven't chosen anyone.
>>
>>44538191
We're not being forced to choose between our geas and Sammy, that's irrelevant; try to keep your flailing excuse for a counterargument on topic, alright? Also a different anon.
>>
You pause for a moment and look at the television.

“I have plans in a few hours, but... wanna just... play video games and curl up on the couch for a bit?”

Jennifer nods.

“I would like nothing more.”

She walks over to your bed and retrieves the blanket while you sort through the video games for something with a plot. You don't want something mindless and repetitive that you'll be able to think during, so you put in a corny JRPG and curl up under the blanket with Jennifer, who rests her head on your chest while you try to make sense of the opening cutscenes. A girl throws herself off a cliff, everything is red, and then suddenly everything is alright again? And then she's younger or something? Who knows.

Jennifer remains quiet as you play, serving as a reassuring presence and source of warmth. Occasionally she shifts around as you angle the controller, repositioning herself for her own comfort and yours. As you finish the tutorial and get into the main game Jennifer finally sits up a bit, moving to sit sideways on your lap.

“Do you need anything? I'm going to have a drink myself.”

You pause the game for a moment to think.

>Another drink, please.
>I'm fine
>Nah, I'm good, though I do kinda wanna do something else. (write-in)
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44538251
Slow updating. It's on auto.
>>
>>44538265
>I'm fine
>>
>>44538265
>I'm fine
>>
>>44538254
We've barely touched Meliora at all and I'm still confused as to the absolute bipolarity of what's been going on with Jennifer.
>>44538265
>I'm fine
>>
>>44538265
>Another drink, please.
>>
>>44538291
To be fair, so is she.
>>
>>44538265
>I'm fine
>>
>>44538265
>>I'm fine
>>
>>44538291
What bipolarity? She likes us, half the time anon likes her too. It's been proven through repeated examples that both sides of the Jennifer /Sammy thing have at least one person samefagging, though.
>>
>>44538323
>half the time anon likes her too
More like 33%, but that would be exactly what he's talking about.
>>
>>44538291
It seems, to me, like one anon who's obsessed with waifuing Sammy samefags a lot of these threads. Looking at the timing, etc.
>>
>>44538323
Why does it have to be a Jennifer/Sammy thing? Why can't I hate Jennifer under her own demerits?
>>
You shake your head.

“I'm fine. I just needed something to help me loosen up...”

Jennifer nods and heads for her suitcase. She pulls out a few bottles, making herself a mixed drink and downing it before sitting on your lap once more, curling up against you. You unpause the game and go back to fighting cartoony monsters with magical spells. It makes you feel a bit better knowing that the game, despite its twists and turns, probably has a happy ending in there somewhere. You wish your own life had that kind of assurance.

After completing the next section of the game you check your phone. You've got maybe another hour before you should start getting ready, or a little more than that. It mostly depends on the buses, and if you plan on showing up fashionably late or early. Jennifer is lightly dozing, head against your shoulder and looking peaceful.

>Relax for an hour and just enjoy the moment
>Keep playing the game a little longer
>Wake up Jennifer and do something together
>Get ready early and head out, clear your head a bit before the party
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44538357
>>
>>44538357
>>
>>44538357
Oliver doesn’t get enough quiet moments
>>
>>44538348
We can call samefagging until the cows come home, but we've been consistently romantic with her and seem to coin flip on what to even do in the same room with HER FUCKING MOM.
>>44538357
>>
>>44538357
>>Relax for an hour and just enjoy the moment
Quiet is good
>>
>>44538357
>>
Will you...

>Attempt to slip away and leave Jennifer on the couch so she can sleep
>Let Jennifer know you're heading out so she doesn't worry about you when she wakes up
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44538422
>Attempt to slip away and leave Jennifer on the couch so she can sleep
Leave her a note.
>>
>>44538422
>Let Jennifer know you're heading out so she doesn't worry about you when she wakes up
>>
>>44538422
>>44538434
Second
>>
>>44538391
So? Sammy is manipulative as fuck. She's been using us from the moment she met us, and your idiotic loyalty just makes me distrust her more.

Put her under the truth spell, if you like her so much. Find out the truth, if she'll do it.
>>
>>44538422
>>Attempt to slip away and leave Jennifer on the couch so she can sleep
Kiss her head and let her rest. If she wakes up thank her for listening to us and say we gotta go on a walk to clear our head.
>>
>>44538422
Change our mind and stay.
>>
>>44538422
>>44538434
Sure.

>>44538444
>Sammy is manipulative as fuck. She's been using us from the moment she met us, and your idiotic loyalty just makes me distrust her more.
I like all of your zero evidence.

>Put her under the truth spell, if you like her so much.
>Permanently poison your relationship, do it faggot
>>
>>44538444
Dude you're barking at shadows because you don't like her. You have no proof. Chill.
>>
>>44538460
So you aren't willing to risk it. You don't believe in her, huh?
>>
Sneak roll plus Conceal, +4
>>
>>44538444
Funny, your paranoia and blatant bias is doi ng the opposite for ne
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44538488
I do believe her, that's why I don't think it's worth the potential damage to the relationship from distrust. The reward is nonexistent.

>>44538497
>>
Rolled 17 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44538497
>>
>>44538488
Nice straw man faggot
>>
>>44538481
QM told us everyone has an agenda. The only NPC whose agenda we KNOW is Jennifer. That's why we trusted her with all about us.

Within minutes of meeting her, Sammy had gotten us to kill for her so she could back out of a bargain she made.
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44538444
She's done fucking nothing to us. Hurt us? Who hasn't?
You're shadowrunning against the wrong corp, anon
>>44538497
>>
Rolled 16 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44538497
>>
>>44538554
>>44538538
You're conveniently forgetting that, anon.

QM wrote an "innocent, sweet" npc, so obviously she has to be the only one who's not scheming, huh?
>>
>>44538538
>QM told us everyone has an agenda.
QM has also said he can't be trusted. Agenda doesn't mean anything bad anyway, it's a synonym for motivation in that context.

>The only NPC whose agenda we KNOW is Jennifer.
At least the parts she wants us to. If you can be baseless and stupidly paranoid, so can I.

>That's why we trusted her with all about us.
Why some people did.

>Within minutes of meeting her, Sammy had gotten us to kill for her so she could back out of a bargain she made.
Sure, totally her doing, we had no say in it.
>>
>>44538569
>agenda = scheming
>>
>>44538538
No it was our stupidity that caused that. Furthermore you're implying she's a super competent manipulator, she's not. She's fucked up too much, and is far too much like her dad to do so. Agendas don't mean that they're hard to figure out. It just means everyone has their own motivations.

We trust Jennifer because she's good at keeping calm and keeping secrets.

>>44538569
You're bias against her is so massive it'd be funny if you weren't shitting things up.
>>
>>44538571
Then prove me wrong. Ask her, under spell. Give me a reason to trust her. Just one. Show me some evidence.
>>
You carefully ease your way out from under Jennifer and tuck her in, stretching a little bit and taking stock of yourself. You've got your vampire hunting gear, your lighter, your phone with your suit... Everything you need for a night on the town. You head for your desk and write Jennifer a note. At least, you try to. You're not sure what to say...

>Something romantic
>Something short and to the point
>Something silly
>Other (write-in)

-

Last post of the night, next thread will start with the note, leaving for the party, and the scene you arrive at, unless you guys throw me a curve ball again and write something in, in which case we'll begin with that.
>>
>>44538622
>Something short and to the point
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.