[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Tau have souls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
Do Tau have souls?
>>
>>44531211
Yes. Shitty ones.
Like a single grain of couscous to the greasy burger of the average Human or the full steak meal of an Eldar.
>>
>>44531211

Yes, otherwise they would be nulls. They simply have weak as shit insect level souls.
>>
>>44531269
>full steak meal of an Eldar
Slaanesh plz go
>>
>>44531211
Yes. But it's not a real soul. It's a twisted, foul alien soul, an anathema to the purity of the human spirit.
>>
>>44531211
its a soul that is rather odd in ways that they dont ever have the potential to be psykers and are rather pretty hard, if not nigh impossible for daemons to possess them.
>>
Is that a huge-ass tau or a tiny-as-shit Custodian I cannot tell my gigantism fetish is unsatisfied either way
>>
>>44532074
Kind of wondering the same thing. Though less fetish-y
>>
>>44531211
>Xenos
>Souls

Pick exterminatus.
>>
Yes, they have souls, but what remains to be seen is can they feel LOVE?
>>
>>44531487
>pretty hard, if not nigh impossible for daemons to possess them.

When has that been the case? I thought the reason there have not been large amounts of possessions because they haven't entered the Warp yet and their spirits aren't noticeable enough for daemons to put in the effort,
>>
>>44532848

Its sort of a related aspect deal.

The fact that Tau have shitty connection to the Warp means that no only are they not easy pickings for Chaos, but they don't go too far into the warp (they get lost forever if they do because they cannot navigate it or understand it) which means that they have less exposure to chaos forces in general compared to Imperials.

On top of that, their culture and doctrine hammers home an idealogy that makes them suppress the shit that Chaos normally feeds on anyway, so they don't make good cultists.

But there have been multiple times in the fluff where a Tau actually does get exposed to chaos, and the Chaos forces find trying to corrupt them like trying to hold water. They just can't seem to get a grip on them.

In fact, anyone who considers Tau sterilization of troublesome humans to be canon likewise has to accept that using mind powers on Tau simply results in that Tau thinking they heard an irritating buzzing in their comms and nothing else, since they are both from the same video game.
>>
>>44532074
Isn't Shadowsun supposed to be a beefcake by Tau standards?
>>
>>44533159

Shadowsun, and indeed all female Tau, are also fugly as hell.
>>
>>44533204
Just like all GW females.
>>
>>44533249

Some of the SoB art was all right.

You know, if they weren't screaming bloody murder, no women are attractive like that.
>>
>>44533282
>Some of the SoB art was all right.

Sure, all who wore helmets.
>>
>>44533357

Wanting to fuck women in helmets and masks is a perfectly legitimate fetish.
>>
>>44533388
When is a fetish not legitimate?
>>
File: Shadowsun.png (3 MB, 1430x1626) Image search: [Google]
Shadowsun.png
3 MB, 1430x1626
>>44533204
>cold beauty
>>
>>44533506
Tile patterns
>>
>>44533282
>if they weren't screaming bloody murder, no women are attractive like that.
Well, depends on what's making them scream bloody murder. Some people are into that.
>>
>>44533204
Point. But the pyromaniac from her cadre is a hottie.
>>
>>44532074

Shouldn't the Custodes be topless? I thought they didn't wear breastplates.

And the ass on that Tau is unreal, if that supersoldier's giant paws can only get one handful of them globes.
>>
>>44531211
>THIS IS NOT CANON
Love, Kitten
>>
>>44533506
when it won't hold up in the supreme court
>>
>>44533641
dude was packing some guns beneath that custodes armor
>>
File: Battle Sister Northern Ocean.png (91 KB, 440x480) Image search: [Google]
Battle Sister Northern Ocean.png
91 KB, 440x480
>>44533506

When it offends me.
>>
>>44533599
>>44533159
>>44533599
Come on people, its Kitten and Shadowsun. During their tempestuous, heretical relationship.
>>
>>44533599
That's old lore repropagated by text to speech.
>>
Is there half-human half-tau hybrids ? Is it possible ?
>>
>>44534168
As far as I'm aware, Tau genitalia are compatible with those of humans.

...I can't believe I know this.
>>
File: No longer Cuhrazy.png (184 KB, 457x396) Image search: [Google]
No longer Cuhrazy.png
184 KB, 457x396
>>44534168

No.
>>
>>44534222
Has that actually been stated?

Besides, even if Pole A fits into Slot B, it doesn't necessarily mean they can produce children.
>>
>>44534168
stop thinking with your dick anon

>>44534222
>Tau genitalia are compatible with those of humans.

wtf, Is this canon or you're just making this shit up ?
>>
>>44534222

All that means is that Tab A can fit in Slot B.
>>
>>44534247
>>44534271
Just restating what I've heard. Not sure if canon.
>>
>>44534168
Well, such knowledge wouldn't be taught by a Jedi...
>>
>>44534168
It might be possible, let's kill a bunch of both and then feed the remains to some kroot and see what they turn into.
>>
>>44533533
I don't know. It seemed to me they were a legitimate fetish for him.
>>
>>44533533
Tileanon is a pure.
A PURE.
>>
>>44534450
Unlike the tiles in his house, which are unclean.
>>
File: Tile fucking.png (809 KB, 1309x2511) Image search: [Google]
Tile fucking.png
809 KB, 1309x2511
>>44534450
>>44534415

His waifu a shit who lets everyone walk over her.
>>
>>44534504
>>44534491
>>44534450
>>44533533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Xc_XRyH48
>>
>>44534645

I often forget that there are people on the 4chins with a huge amount of talent that use it for stupid shit.

Not that I'm complaining, it just makes me love this place all the more.
>>
>>44534779
I know. People wasting serious talent and time on something is the lifeblood of 4chan.
>>
File: Pillarstodes.jpg (114 KB, 1262x705) Image search: [Google]
Pillarstodes.jpg
114 KB, 1262x705
>>44533599
>shouldn't Kitten be topless
Of course he should. He should expose and oil his abs like the rest of us.
>>
File: Tiles.jpg (3 MB, 1600x8500) Image search: [Google]
Tiles.jpg
3 MB, 1600x8500
>>44533533
>>44534450
>>44534491
>>44534504
>>44534645
>>
>>44533511
she looks Old, probably is
>>
>>44531211
yes.
>>
>>44538049
The Tau don't live very long. Shadowsun is put into storage when she's not needed, so she's probably getting close to the end of her rope.
>>
>>44538284
so she'll either be canon dead soon no matter what, pass the mantle to another, or borrow Farsight's blade
>>
>>44534324
Maybe not. It's best to give some idiot kids some sex ed so they don't hurt themselves if it comes to it. Even if the curious couple is jedi, as long as there isn't any attachment, it's okay.

At least that's how I understand the jedi code. Not that I'm a perfect follower of it on my jk...
>>
>>44536678

It's 3am and I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

This isn't even the first fucking time I've read that, why is Tile-anon so fucking amazing?
>>
>>44533511
How could kitten ever fall for that?
>>
>>44538049
Shadowsun is actually a very young comander even by Tau standard she just sleep in the frid a lot
>>
>>44538727

Kitten has spent thousands of years surrounded by the type of homos that make Milo fucking Yiannopolous go 'damn', of course he jumped on the first pussy he encountered.
>>
>>44538727
The beauty of xenos is highly exaggerated by heretics
>>
>>44533138
Tau CAN be posessed and infulenced by the warp, it's just that since their souls are so miniscule and shit they tend to be ignored by daemons and the like
>>
>>44539053
>Tau CAN be posessed and infulenced by the warp
Source?
>>
>>44539173
The only one I can remember is dubious as fuck. It was a GW conversion of a posessed battlesuit they had on their site back when it was more than a store
>>
>>44539173

PS2 Fire Warrior
>>
>>44539225

Based on the book, which ended with "And so, one of Khorne's mightiest fucking Bloodthirsters who personally decided to wear the Tau in question like a Meat-puppet on his convoluted plan to fuck up that Dick-bag Lord of Change's plan somehow got kicked out of the Tau's mind due to the Greater Fucking Good after he spent a bit of time in a padded room."
>>
>>44539053
>they tend to be ignored by daemons and the like

Lies.

The daemon lord in the Fire Warrior novel said that the Tau are difficult to corrupt and possess because they control and hide their emotions.

When the Daemon lord tried to corrupt and possess the Ethereal Ko'vash, it ended in failure.

H tried to corrupt Kais. He had some success but once Kais got ever his daddy issues he managed to purify himself from the influence od Chaos and become incorruptible.
>>
>>44539267

That sounds like a Samurai-esque theme, or a session taken directly out of my last L5R campaign.

Except, y'know, it's had all the cool taken out of it.
>>
>>44539262
>>44539225
You both are retards who didn't read the book. You need to be lobotomized.

There was no bloodthirster in the novel and Kais was not worn by any daemon. I mean what's wrong with you guys? Do you just copy and parrot anything in the web without reading the source material? Fucking sheep you are.
>>
>>44531269
Fun fact: Not even Deldars enjoy Tau souls. They usually just use them for sport or grotesque material.
>>
>>44539262
>>44539298
>posts info saying he was possessed then kicked him out
>then gets buttblasted that people are claiming Tau can be possessed

u hwat nigger
>>
File: Eyegrixz2.png (724 KB, 784x1872) Image search: [Google]
Eyegrixz2.png
724 KB, 784x1872
Is this still canon?
>>
>>44536627
You guys do know he convinced Custodes Santana to kill himself in the name of the emperor, right?
>>
>>44539314
Kais was never possessed, you moron. There no Khornae daemon that took control over him.

It as all the Lord of Change doing all along. In the final battle, the Tzeentchian daemon lord was sucking energies from four Chaos shrines dedicated to the four gods. Kais destroyed all three shrines and what left was Khorne shrine. The Daemon Lord in desperation called out to Khorne to help him. Khorne answered and transformed the Lord of Change into a Khornate daemon. The Daemon Lord then used his power to infect Kais with daemonic rage in order to lure him from his hiding spot and torture him to death.

I will post text from the novel.
>>
>Fleet-Admiral Constantine and Aun’el T’au Ko’vash were the unwitting conduits of horrific energies. A pale violet corona surrounded each one, unnatural flames coruscating across their bodies.

>Constantine’s voice had given out a little over ten minutes ago, warpbe-praised; his screams and curses were growing tiresome. By now, Severus was pleased to note, his very flesh was beginning to shift, mutations bubbling through his body like clots of blood hulking painfully along veins and arteries, eyes rolled back into his head.

>Coming along nicely, he thought.

>The tau, by comparison, was an entirely disappointing subject. Around his skull the energies seemed to boil and flex, hunting impotently for some foothold of emotion or excess with which to work. Impervious to psychic persuasion, a living embodiment of focus and calm, the ethereal was proving to be a very difficult creature to corrupt. Severus rather suspected that, when he arrived, Tarkh’ax would deem the tau race unworthy of Chaos’s more insidious attentions and choose to obliterate them instead.

-------------------------

>He glared through Severus’s eyes at the tau ethereal and dismissed the grey figure as a possibility. The host would need to be corruptible. Tainted.

>Attempting to infiltrate Ko’vash’s mind had been like waves breaking against a cliff. It would take centuries to wear him down. Ironic, then, that it would take just moments to wipe him away utterly. He raised the knife for a killing blow.

>Severus had captured the admiral and ethereal with good intentions, Tarkh’ax supposed. Two high-ranking officials, corrupted and returned to their people, would be a valuable resource indeed. But the admiral had broken like dry wood and the ethereal was a steel fortress. Two extremes. Both useless.

-From "Fire Warrior"

The daemon lord bathed a human and a Tau ethereal in the energies of the Four Shrines of Chaos. You can see the results above.
>>
>>44539433
I'd be hesitant to call an ethereal a proper example of the Tau species. It just doesn't feel right.

Also I feel like they the lord hardly had comparable test subjects in general.
>>
File: Tau_Ethereal1.jpg (118 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
Tau_Ethereal1.jpg
118 KB, 600x848
I wonder if their small souls and resistance to Chaos is a trait that the Ethereals have deliberately cultivated over the generations. I think there's a mention of their brain having developed an strange mixture that prevents them from having pysker powers. An of course, there's also genetic engineering.
>>
>>44533511

She nevar have the same face twice. Also, I don't see a need for the Fire Caste (Water Caste is another matter) to be sexually arousing to humans.
>>
>>44539508
>''The daemonlord sensed something was wrong. The bloodlust it had gifted to the tau creature was waning. It evaporated like water, unclouding the tiny morsel’s mind and leaving it cold and sharp: a dagger of focus that no amount of insidious corruption could ever penetrate''

>''It didn’t matter. A pure tau died just as easily as a tainted one''

-From Fire Warrior

Then look at Kais who did not only purify himself from the Chaos corruption but became incorruptible once his emotional dilemma was resolved and he regained his determination.

What we take from this? A determined Tau who has his emotions in check is extremely difficult to corrupt.
>>
>>44534222
HAVE YOU BEEN COVETING DAT XENO ASS, SON?!
>>
>‘I sensed you this morning, when you set down on this world. I’ve had millennia to prepare, little tau. Millennia of oozing myself into the minds of mortals. I’ve whispered and hissed into more brains than I can remember, through the years. I tasted your species this morning, like a fine wine, and found it wanting…’

>‘So disappointing, I thought. An incorruptible race. No psychic powers. No dark desires or secret horrors… Hmm… On that count, at least, I was wrong. You merely keep them well hidden…

>‘But you… alone among thousands. I could taste you! Such bitterness! Such shame!

>‘You’re strong, there’s no doubt about it. You’re skilled at your craft. You cut a bloody swathe to me like a knife through the warp, but not because you could…

>‘Because I made you want to…

>‘And now you seriously think you can cast off my gift and kill me? Little tau, you have a lot to learn.’

-From "Fire Warrior"

The TZEENCHIAN daemon lord explains how he managed to influence Kais among all the thousands of Tau on the planet. The other Tau hid their emotions and desires rendering them beyond the daemon's influence while Kais's daddy issues and angst made him a target for the daemon.

The daemon in other would try to possess Kais's body but the Ethereals steps in to stop it.
>>
>>44539577
True enough, though one could argue plot armor and that the same could be said of the other species that matter, though to a lesser degree given >>44539717

I guess it doesn't help that between the Ethereal fuckery and the tau's shitty souls that we don't really have a decent breath of examples for some sort of proper sample to be taken and are unlikely to really get anything of the sort.
>>
>>44539734
>the tau's shitty souls that

A lame excuse coined in the internet with little backing. Chaos has corrupted things without souls like planets and inanimate objects. In Fire Warrior, we have examples of daemons actively trying and failing to corrupt and possess Tau.

Having small souls is not what makes the Tau hard to corrupt. It's their upbringing in a disciplined and selfless society where the needs of the few are discarded for the needs of the many. Ork upbringing renders them resistant to Chaos too, because it makes them happy and carefree. Both Tau and Orks are content with their lots in life and have little need to embrace Chaos, subconsciously or consciously.
>>
>>44539826
I meant it as an excuse for why daemons don't bother trying, rather than a defense mechanism. Though i do find it odd that Imperial indoctrination hasn't garnered a similar level of success. To my knowledge at least.
>>
>>44539867

It's also that their brains seem deliberately designed to blockade any potential of ever developing psyker powers.
>>
>>44539867
>Though i do find it odd that Imperial indoctrination hasn't garnered a similar level of success.

Battle Sisters, anon. Their entire existence is based on self denial.

Only few Battle Sisters have fallen to Chaos
>>
>>44539899

One.

One SoB fell to Chaos.
>>
>>44539912
Nope, I can blow you away by just citing the Bloodtide where multiple sisters fell to Chaos or the Daemonifuge where a Keeper of Secrets corrupted an entire coven.

But the best example would be in the first book of the Grey Knight Omnibus where a Sister Cannoness admits to a Grey Knight that, though it's rare, Sisters do fall to Chaos. They just don't talk about it.
>>
>>44539880
Yeah. It's that point that really leaves me conflicted about Tau and their future in the galaxy. Psychic potential feels like it's the keystone to becoming the dominant species of the 40k universe, with the only real exemption that i can think of being the Necrons, who cheated with star-vampires and that option isn't really available to the Tau and never will be as i understand things.
>>44539899
I meant more o a scale sort of thing. Tau lore seem to paint the fucking xenos as being nigh incorruptible to a man, yet the IoM only mostly achieved it with the Bolter bitches.
>>
>>44539569
Aren't water caste around human height? And air are taller.
>>
>>44539976

They could buy access to the Webway from the Eldar, Dark Eldar, or Necron dynasty...for a price.
>>
>>44538829
Also he's totally muscletacular.
>>
>circlejerking over weeb shit
>circlejerking fetishes
>circlejerking just to be lolrandum
>wanking over a single book
Tau fans are cancer
>>
What's so beneficial of having a soul in 40k? Most souls dissolve in the warp or are eaten by demons or the Chaos Gods themselves.
>>
>>44540207
>circlejerking about nazi parafernalia
>circlejerking about homolust
>circlejerking about a collection of fanfictions
Imperial fans are AIDS
>>
>>44540207
But the first three apply to any number of people on this board, and the fourth one is just Carnac.
>>
>>44539569
now i want to have a fancy dinner party with tau diplomats
>>
>>44540441
>literally going with the ur a faggot and nazi argument
Seriously kill yourself

>>44540485
>But the first three also apply to any number of cancer on this board, and the fourth one is just Carnac.
FTFY
>>
Kitten should be executed for treason.
>>
What does a soul look like?
>>
>>44539334
ah damn I remember that old GW site. So much free paint guides, missions, terrain guides and lore.
>>
>>44540207
>>wanking over a single book

No need to be a cunt about, you cunt. This book is the only book detailing how the Tau are influenced by Chaos.

If you have another source provide it and engage in the conversation instead of being just cancer.
>>
>>44539341
he did it so he could upstage a guardsman do his noble duty he got what he deserved
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.