[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does hell exist in your games? What's it like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (343 KB, 699x1004) Image search: [Google]
file.png
343 KB, 699x1004
Does hell exist in your games? What's it like?
>>
File: Lawful Good.png (413 KB, 512x870) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good.png
413 KB, 512x870
It's alright.
>>
>>44525956
There are several, but I'll focus on one.
It's a domain called the Eternal Hunt, where your form directly corresponds to your ability as a combatant. Magic doesn't work normally, so once you shift in you're not getting out without doing some serious legwork.
Getting out involves killing an absurdly powerful hellhound, which is a hell of a lot easier if you have a physical form.
>>
>>44525956
like hell
>>
>>44525956
A demonic creature in one of my games created a "heaven" for the violent. The more you fight and murder in life, the more likely your soul is to be drawn to this place for an afterlife with rivers and lakes of blood, and everyone constantly getting high off adrenaline and beating the shit out of everyone else.
>>
>>44525956
No, but there's one big afterlife and everyone has to go at the same time.

Basically, when the world came into existence, it plummeted through space and left a trail of empty in its wake. This is where souls go, and it's a spooky ass void of emptiness. But at one point there were so many souls in there it literally burst and outside energy came in, invigorating the dead souls and now they're all jealous and weird. Plus, the moons pass through this wake regularly and the dead may or may not hitch a ride and descend the planet below...
>>
>>44525956
It's absolutely hellish.
>>
File: 1447284942146.png (517 KB, 750x656) Image search: [Google]
1447284942146.png
517 KB, 750x656
>>44525956
>What's it like?

Its just like my life only with humans in various shades of red.
>>
My game is set in real life, so maybe
>>
File: 1440586839672.jpg (29 KB, 450x220) Image search: [Google]
1440586839672.jpg
29 KB, 450x220
>>44525956
It's, like heaven, except you eventually get tired of your creations and their reflections of your shallow self. All your attempts at self-improvement fall short, and you're left in the dark dissatisfied with every creative avenue you have seen or taken.
And then, you realize, the rest of eternity will exist like a still picture frame.
>>
>>44538103
So like life but it goes on forever?
>>
>>44525956
Cold, black, just beyond the edge of the universe. You are stripped of everything and forced to witness eternity and be consumed by envy as you watch others have something you never will.
>>
>>44538103

I dunno, my understanding is that its total isolation from everyone and everything, with only pain to keep you sane. Truly a bleak thing.
>>
>>44538229
More or less. If you can remember everything, you'll get bored of it all.
>>
>>44538358
unless you like pain.
then you eventually get desensitized to the pleasure and it is the mental equivalent of pulped cardboard.
then it doesn't keep you sane.
insanity isn't as bleak as eternal sanity.
>>
File: mormon-plan-of-salvation-1.jpg (2 MB, 3913x1549) Image search: [Google]
mormon-plan-of-salvation-1.jpg
2 MB, 3913x1549
>>44525956
Yes. I model the cosmology after the Mormons'. As such, there is and it's not a nice place.

Pic extremely related. They're kind of metal in a way.
>>
>>44525956
Yes. Hell is the rejection of the power of love. For any number of reasons, people shut out the natural call of their hearts towards love, and at some point, the rage becomes so great that they simply say "no."

That no, that final, decisive no, IS hell. The afterlife is nothing less than a reflection of the character built in life. To finally and utterly in bitterness and venom reject love is to exist in a loveless eternity. And love, once corrupted, once made dark, is the most evil and tortuous force imaginable. The damned are locked in an eternal prison of their own making, and roast forever, silently and alone.
>>
>>44541828
sounds like /r9k/
>>
Why, this is hell, Doctor. And nor are we out of it.
>>
A place where they perfected the art of destroying the ego of creatures with soul, through pain, anguish, pineapples etc.

No ego, the soul loses cohesion and can be chomped like a hobo eating a watermelon.

If Creation is a tree, Hell is a nest of careful plant lice.
>>
>>44525956
It's the stomach of one of the older gods who was a major dick, so Death set his insides on fire and fuels it with souls of the minor dicks.
Actually has nothing to do with the mortals, souls just make good fires.

A newer religion considers the afterlife for sinners to be cast out from creation and being thrown into eternal nothingness.
>>
>>44525956
In my setting hell does exist, but it is a plane like any other, only slightly more fucked up because demons (which are intelligent beings like any other, only with very different origin) got anally ravaged during the war that directly predated the action. So in other words, a mixture of desolate worlds that either try to gain their independence or struggle to to get their shit together.
>>
>>44539301
As a Mormon I've wanted to do this for a long time but I've been worried about reactions. Which is silly I guess since everyone in my group is super chill and down for most everything.

Got any stories?
>>
In my setting, there is no hell.

Well, I mean, there's no afterlife at all. No snowy realms of battle, no fiery torment, nothing at all. Some of the greatest sorcerers in the lands have tried, time and time again, to find an afterlife. They've found dimension after dimension, but its inhabitants are all alive. Or, at least, not the dead spirits of humans. Most people have taken this to mean that there's no life after death. After all, if there is a physical place where souls travel, shouldn't somebody have found it by now? Shouldn't it be possible to call someone back from the dead if there was anything left of a person after they died?

Some cults believe in the afterlife anyways. They might not have found proof, but that doesn't mean it's not real. It's a big multiverse out there, and maybe it's not possible to see the afterlife with mortal magical means. So they maintain a sort of stubborn hope in their hearts.
>>
File: Mandala.jpg (138 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Mandala.jpg
138 KB, 900x900
>>44525956
I go with mandala's fortune.
>>
File: 1435692299996.png (171 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1435692299996.png
171 KB, 600x600
>>44525956
It's "A Nice Place To Visit".
But you wouldn't want to live there.

Except people who did their evil because of excessive autism because they can enjoy repetitive things.
>>
>>44525956
Alive. Hungry.
>>
>>44542528
Exalted?
>>
My entire game is set in hell. The players are normal people who died and got some hellish powers and they're trying to kill Satan and usurp the throne of the damned.
>>
>>44525956
Source?
>>
>>44547929
Makai no Ossan, by the guy who did One Punch Man.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.