[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
realistic modern combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: picrelated.jpg (58 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
58 KB, 800x450
I'm looking to run a game set it not-chechnya for my group. They've played pathfinder, fallout pnp and GURPS before. I want a system that can model both the lethality of a modern firefight as well as the associated non-combat actions that my players would be taking as not-chechen militants.

>inb4 GURPS
I've played GURPS before, and that's my plan if there's no better system. I want to know if there's a system better tailored to what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>44524036

How about Ops and Tactics?

It seems to be perfect for what you want.
>>
>>44524036
>as well as the associated non-combat actions

Being cold, hungry and bored, bored bored?
>>
>>44524036
Phoenix Command is the game you want
>>
>>44524236
something like that. Hopefully avoiding the boredom but incorporating some sort of survival system. I don't know of any system where that's done well. So here I am
>>
>>44524236
Yeah. And taking it out on civilians.
>>
>>44524181
never heard of that, but I'll be sure to check it out
>>
There's that game Patrol on DTRPG at the moment. It covers all the in-between combat stuff soldiers do. It's set in Vietnam but I assume you can change the setting by just changing some gear options. I bought it and have flipped through it, but I haven't played so I couldn't say if it's good or not.
>>
>I want a system that can model the associated non-combat actions that my players would be taking as not-chechen militants.

I've made a module to simulate weariness due to extended partols and the like a short time ago (for a UN peacekeeping gone wrong game on OpenD6) :

So, we have Fatigue points/levels. You can use them as fate points to perform heroic actions and/or reroll dice.
As your fatigue level go lower, you get cumulative maluses due to exhaustion
[depends on the system you use. I had mostly skills malus, and the possibility of making the player auto-critfail in exchange of giving him his fatigue levels back at the lower level]
At 0 you're sleepwalking.
Once you're below zero, you can't stay awake anymore and faint.

To calculate fatigue losses, you roll 1d100 and add modifiers. If your result is above 100, you lose 1 fatigue level. If it's above 130, you lose 2. You can't lose more than two at a time for now.
(starting characters have 5 levels to go before fainting, and can gain more with experience)
You roll once per time unit (roughtly one hour of walk / two hours of watch).

List of modifiers:
+10 for each consecutive roll (i.e. First hour of patrolling +0, 2nd hour +10, 3rd +20, then trying to swim through that river at +30, and so on...)
+1 per 500g of carried gear.
+X depending on the particular effort (forced march, awful weather, being hungry...)
-X depending on character fitness

Making a short break rids you of the consecutive modifiers, a nap gives you fatigue levels back.

And then you can suppress the negative effects of your fatigue with coffee and combat drugs.

Hope it's something like what you're looking for. If you have feedback, I'll gladly take it, since we only had one game so far, so I haven't seen it wor in detail.

I've got the d20 pdfs for modern combat in Somalia, Columbia and Afganistan, if you're interested, but they're meh.
>>
>>44524181

Didn't know this was a thing but i'm glad it is.

Thank you for sharing Anon.
>>
>>44524800
Not OP, but I'd love to have whatever you have, including your module if you are willing to share.
>>
File: tFSxAc2.png (339 KB, 1198x745) Image search: [Google]
tFSxAc2.png
339 KB, 1198x745
>>44524036
Phoenix Command.
>>
File: 6645780_orig.jpg (98 KB, 539x286) Image search: [Google]
6645780_orig.jpg
98 KB, 539x286
>>44524036
>I've played GURPS before, and that's my plan if there's no better system.
>>
File: Twilight2000.jpg (333 KB, 1270x1632) Image search: [Google]
Twilight2000.jpg
333 KB, 1270x1632
>>44524036
Twilight: 2000.
>>
>>44524800
That sounds cool as fuck.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.