[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help transferring Old Man Henderson into a Hunter PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Old_Man_Henderson.jpg (65 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
Old_Man_Henderson.jpg
65 KB, 365x500
Im in the same problem WHM had but I'm playing Hunters: The Reckoning. Anyone willing to give me tips/help me make a similar PC in Hunters?
>>
>>44523870
OMH is supposed to be cautionary tale of how not to be a PC
Its a cool story but even the guy who played said not to do it
>>
>>44523870
1) Find a hammer
2) Swing it at your dick
3) ????
4) PROFIT!
>>
>>44524154
It's a shitty story.

It literally makes no sense, and is basically "Look at what my imaginary GM who is supposed to hate me let me do," except that everything Henderson does is just LOLSORANDOM and XTREME. All with, complete with passive aggression, rule breaking, and reliance on such leaps of logic that just about every situation completely unravels the moment you ask even the simplest of questions.

It's like baby's first dumb player story.
>>
>>44523870
Tell us more about the game please, we like bad GM story time.
>>
>>44524364
OMH was meent to fuck with a shitty GM, the whole thing is a gide on "how not to play unless you want to piss off your GM" and it dose just that, so no, it is not a bad story
>>
>>44525060
>i'm going to act like an ass to piss off my evil gm who never lets anyone do anything!
>by doing stupid and lame things that even the most permissive gm would have to say "no, it doesn't work and you die, get out of my house"
>>
>>44523870
I have some bad news mate, OMH was only possible because there are some easy exploits in CoC that can make you half-way immune to san loss. San loss is the main problem behinde most monsters in the system because it sirusly hinders the effectivnes of your cherecter even as far as making him useless, without it 3/4ths of creepy crawlers in CoC are a breeze if you have guns (especialy shot-guns or high power pistols). Unless you exploit true faith, i dont see how you could manage it and even that wont bring you up to his level
>>
>>44525141
hey, it worked and maybe the GM learned his lesson
>>
>>44525162
>hey it's fake, and only an idiot would pretend otherwise

There's severe doubts the writer had even played CoC, considering how badly he botched up the rules.
>>
>>44525215
>implying CoC is not easy to abuse as fuck

mate i love the system, but it is very easy to abuse because a lot of the rules are not all that well explained
>>
>>44523870
I hate you. You are the worst person.
>>
Well, Its seems that from the Replies that:

A)It's not feasible.
or
B)The Old Man Henderson was a made up tale.
Thanks anyways.
>>
>>44526516
And that stops you why?
>>
>>44525215
>It didn't happen to me therefore it didn't happen
>>
>>44523870
Stop forcing OMH into everything
>>
>>44525141
Cautionary tales don't have to be realistic. Hansel and Gretel didn't actually get eaten by a witch in a house made of candy.
>>
>>44525060
>OMH was meent to fuck with a shitty GM

The problem with this is most of the stuff that Old Man Henderson does is flat-out not possible without the DM being in on it.

Which kinda kills the whole "look how much I'm screwing my DM over" angle the story was going for.

That, and with any DM I've ever known, if you show up to the game with a literal novel for your backstory, you're going to either be told to cut it down to a paragraph or two, and then told to leave if they refuse.
>>
>>44525215
iirc they were playing trail of cthulhu.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.