[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization: Rule of the Wings III
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: KidMap.png (2 MB, 1280x629) Image search: [Google]
KidMap.png
2 MB, 1280x629
Early edition today.
Google Doc with all the info:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MKDcAmDPhxyAQlsAGBCO4bbM81Mc06L_2sFcZpQkhfA/edit?usp=sharing

Map edited the best I could (cant use Hexographer in this computer) most of the info on the map is from information of a kid, so it may vary in reality.

Saarin sends explorers to confirm the kid information, and in the coming days most of it is confirmed.

What else ask to the kid? What should the harpies do with the growing fungus? Spirit for mating is growing but winter is close... will the next generations grow up in a safe place?

The settlement needs a name, so vote for a good name.
>>
Recolect more provisions than often, in winter its hard to get something to eat
>>
File: SaarinTheSad.jpg (22 KB, 298x353) Image search: [Google]
SaarinTheSad.jpg
22 KB, 298x353
If people is still sleeping Ill be lurking all day here so feel free to post when you want.
>>
>>44520595
The harpies start fishing and huntin extensively to prepare for winter, smoking fish and meat for the winter that soon starts, and the rain falls almost everyday.

The fungus keeps growing and so they burn it again, but it wont stop it for too much. Some of the kids become more rebel with the harpies but the oldest kid that lives with Saarin appease them so there isnt any blood.

Some explorers have seen humans at horse near in the Fairy Plains, they are well armed and seem like a soldier party.
>>
>>44520731
I think the whole pillage and rape episode last thread kinda put off a lot of people once they caught up to it since I think it was instigated by a hand full of magic realmers who had the run of the thread due to the hours it was run.
>>
>>44520774
Damn I didnt consider it that harsh... Harpies are violent idk... This is family friendly but mature role play, not wanting to do a magical real fetish party.

For example with the crossbreeding I tried to evade that as much as possible... With the secon option being pillage.
>>
make the kids feel at home so they won't be angry.

Put off mating until spring

prepare for winter.
>>
>>44520823
It also just seemed like a dumb move. I mean we did sort of have a tenuous peace going on. Now it seems we have a warband coming after us when we already had the fungus to worry about.
>>
Riley seems a god name, i think its a good idea prepare almost a bit our army and defenses. Also, send someone to talk with yhe “soldier party", there is no need to fight by a mistake. slaves need to be trained in a propropperlyy, they need to know theyr new placer, even the Saarin's one. The food needs also be propperly saved
>>
>>44520976
Uh.. send some one to talk... to the people who are probably here to kill us over the whole pillage and rape thing? This is a good idea?
>>
File: Were gonna die.jpg (53 KB, 530x706) Image search: [Google]
Were gonna die.jpg
53 KB, 530x706
>>
Its really hard for the humans to get closer to the base, maybe they arent coming for the harpies.
>>
>>44520998
Maybe they are in that place to fight to another people, but also prepare our army and defences still being on the table. We need to be prepared for almost anything.

(Also i was “train them in a propperly way")
>>
The kids are educated by Saarin and some other harpies strictly but caring, trying to make them feel a bit better. They all are expect ed to be submissive to the harpies even the oldest one that has become like their leader (need a name too)

Harpies prepare fighting in case it is necessary but the ones sended to talk with the humans return with weird news: humans arent coming, they are hunting fairies in the plains or thats what it seems.

Winter continues but everyone has a dry place to sleep, evem the slaves have better places now. Its hard to burn the fungus with so much rain, and it grows faster.
>>
File: chrip.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
chrip.png
425 KB, 405x600
find a way to get rid of the fungus for good.

learn to fish good.
>>
>>44521101
We really need to come up with a solution for that. Uh, how good are our weapons? Would axes work well? How hard does it seem like it would be to get to the trolls it's feeding off of?
>>
>>44521124
They have come to the conclusion that the cave is the center of it, it has the undying trolls as infinite fuel there.

Also they have fishnets and fish pretty well in the lake
>>
>>44521139
You guys will need fire or acid, it wont be easy but im sure you guys can come with a solution for that

Also about the humans take into accont that they dont know where the harpies live exactly, and they dont enter the jungle either.
>>
>>44521145
find way to get rid of trolls
then do that
burn the rest of the fungus away
celebrate with mating season
>>
It be hard rid the funwillthetfung in , we canwintero as alwealwayuntil spring or summer. slavesslavdont any needleader if they're gona serve us. Maybe we can send some of the young ones with the “soldier party" so they can learn about them and be stronger when they cone back
>>
>>44521191
I doubt they would come back or be allowed to return even if they wanted to. And the slaves having a puppet leader who we control is good for keeping them in line.
>>
>>44521172
So remind us. How thick is this fungus? How far can it reach? How deep in are the trolls? How we actually found any sources of acid?
>>
>>44521172
Also, how is it providing nourishment for the trolls?
>>
>>44521242
Its thick varies from the place in the jungle, but it roots all the way shown in the map in green.
Fairies are powerfull magical creatures, the kid also says that trolls dont go to the forbidden lands either...
>>44521256
You guys dont know but probably giving them rocks with the humanoid forms. Trolls loke something like pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 370x600
>>44521299
It was my sorry, changed to my tablet
>>
>>44521299
Does the kid have any clue what's in the forbidden land?
>>
>>44521328
Nope, its forbidden for them
>>
>>44521342
Great. Welp let's cautiously try to scout it a bit.
>>
Explorers go to the forbidden lands for scouting cautiously and soon they find a great wall impeding most of the land acces to the zone.

They continue scouting and find and steamy city of... Elves or what it looks like, steam and smog comes from the city and railroads get to different parts of the zone. They return without being noticed.

The kids start usong some of the tools the harpies stealed to sow, one of the girls also starts knit linen... The leader kid asks for letting them use their own linen clothes as they are nude.

As winter is almost over the mating duels and rituals start and so the harpies start procreating, Saarin hasnt participated yet. The slaves are not accostumed to this expliticity.
>>
>>44521470
Sure let them have clothes. And Saarin might as well try to contribute to our numbers. Do we have any know how and materials for smithing? I mean I know there is silver around but what about iron?
>>
>>44521531
Smithing is hard, none of the kids is educated enough to know how it works.

The harpies have some metal armors bjt cant fly with those.
>>
>>44521531
Mining is hard for the harpies yes, they dont know much. Kids are young too so they neither.
>>
Bump, something more to do¿
>>
Bump, ill take a small break
>>
I guess someone have to try to contact with that city or at least try to get a peek. the kids will ned something to cover themselves, just the necessay or even less. the tools maybe can be necessary, but if anyone know how to use them maybe we can ask to one village.
>>
No harpy wants to imitate the kids with the tools for fear of being inferior, most of the kids now seem happy with clothes on.

The elves dont seem to consider the harpies more than animals and the talking doesnt goes very well.

Mating season continues and Saarin starts dueling the strongest harpies winning them all.
Spring starts and so the first eggs are being layed while the fungus is controlled with small fires and scrapping.
>>
maybe we should keep "training" the Kids/slaves, i think they have to know theyr place with clothes or not. We should look for something to kill the fung at once. i guess some of the harpies go for food and spring is here so no need to take lots of it. maybe we should watch for these "soldier party"
>>
Some explorers go check the soldier party, they have fairies trapped in some type of cages, they seem to bengetting back to the human territory with them.

The kids work now small fields and give the food to the harpies, most is grain and its good. Some harpies are concerned because some of the tools can be used as weapons.

With the spring and the hotter climate the fungus seems to grow s bit slower, also the fire is more effective.

The eggs are divided on the populstion snd everyone guards and cares for some in their own nests.
>>
thats why we "train" them, to make them know their new place in te world, if someone stills being scared cause the tools can be used as weapons maybe someone should wear "better" weapons. we should delete all the fungus thing, but we have to be careful with the fire. Why the humans capture fairies?
>>
>>44523008
Youll need to investigate in but wont be easy when they arrive to their cities.
>>
>>44523123
well, we can cheeck the place they visited or just ask them
>>
oh, i didnt remember, the humans are all together so i guess they know some Harpies stoled kids from a village, so what if we lie to them? like there is more than one harpy "nest" and we aren't those one who stoled your offsprings? then every time we go to some village to make pillage we can say it was another clan or something else
>>
Well lets see, if someone wants to try that we could roll.
>>
Waiting for some other ideas or opinions, buwp
>>
Bump, this starts to be really booring
>>
Waiting.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

The kids are more acostumed to the harpies, some still remembered their home but this new society is like a different air.

Some harpies follow the humans and try to talk with them about the fairies, trying to convince them. What do they say?

Get a higher number and a good message.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>44524474
Something positive/where is the loot.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

One of the harpies, who seems be the leader of the group says.

Tyel Bloodfeather: Hello humans. We are arpies from the Riley clan, one of our explorer looked you taking some fairies and we want to know why. we're just curious about that
>>
The humans explain that they are mercenaries, as almost all the army of the Queen, and are hunting fairies for the crown, they pay really well. They seem not very concerned about talking with harpies.

Fairies have some serious magic powers, they could help burning the fungus, but they all seem asleep in the cages.

Saarin trains a bit with the harpies in the campament.
>>
we can tray to catch up some fairies to help with the fungus. Maybe we should take a peek of the villages around us and the steam city. How are doing the slaves their work and how are they "trained" ?
>>
>>44525364
Pretty sure the cages has some magic to get the fairies trapd.

Slaves basically work the earth for the harpies, they could get wood or something land related.
>>
>>44525285
Get faires to help kill trolls, also make slaves a little clothes.
>>
>>44525537
>>44525510
You could:

>Try buying some from the mercenaries
>Liberating some from the mercenaries
>Hunting by our own
>Looking for wild ones and try to help

Other ideas?
>>
then maybe we can ask the humans how they keep them trapped, if they don't share that info we can share the info about a big fungus who can eat everething and only us can get to his "mother root".

I still thinking the slaves can do more things than farming, maybe if we separate them in groups, the food still being necessary.

I still thinking we can send a few explorers.

We still needing better weapons
>>
>>44525641
Buying is a fair deal, but don't show too much wealth.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

The humans obviusly dont want to tell how they trap the fairies. They told that are pay 1000 silver coins for fairy.

We have 667 silver coins and 50 rubies, but we dont know how many coins a ruby is.

Try to roll to get the information and not getting cheated.

Spring is about to finish and so the eggs will hatch soon. Everything goes normal in the base meanwhile.
>>
We could just kill the mercenaries and take the Fey.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>44526162
Put up half and one ruby, and demand how they capture the fairies.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

The same Harpie who asked them about the fairies tries to persuade them saying...
>Tyel Bloodfeather: The fung its weak enough to kill it, but if we don't hurry up it will grow to kill us, and guess who will be next human.
>>
>>44526293
They have a dozen or so feys. If you want to attack roll higher that the other people asking for trade
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44526444
>>
Trade is it.

While Tyel tries to negotiate with the humans a random harpy offers 500 coins and one and half ruby.

The human captain says that wont be enough... Minimum theyll accept is 500 coins and 3 rubies¡
The harpies find it a good offer and accept, they pay and get a cage with an kid-like fairy, blonde with some pink insectoid wings and they get it to the base.

Most of the eggs have hatched and there are almost 50 new baby harpies. Summer has started and the temperatures raise.

Fishing wont be enough to keep this grow of population in the long run, we need to do something before we are too many to feed.
>>
>>44526675
Forage for food, and don't be dicks to the fairy.
>>
Forgot to say while the fay is in the cage it will be always asleep.(Everything inside will be asleep)
>>
The slaves can still farming, hunting its able to do for some harpies and vegetables and fruit, they still being omnivore.

We need to expand the nest or at least acomodae what we have for the new offsprings. Also, we can put some "rules" to don't make more than 25 eggs for season, we still needing hands to fight if it needds it but not all the food grows from the trees.

Tyel thinks we can get more than one fairy, even for free. the fairy can be helpful though and we can try to study the cage
>>
>>44526880
Thinking of shovimg the hivemind in the cage?
>>
>>44526935
i guess we stolled some glass bottles, we can put inisde te fairy while we inspect the cage without breaking it
>>
>>44527006
Fairy is like a 5 year old girl in size
>>
>>44527078
oh, i always think them are like not much of 15 cm, like Tinker Bell
>>
also, we can make another cage, tie up the fairy with a rope or chains enough long to pull it. Oh, and i guess Saarin have to know about what we get
>>
For now they let the fay sleeping in the cage.

It has been now more than a year living in this new place and thins are going pretty well. The kid called by the harpies "One" talks with Saarin about cutting the trees down near the lake and build some farms, she tells him never to go down there or he will be eaten by the fungus.

The harpies kids are separated from the slaves, they play in the nests and some adventure to the storage, under the sight of theri parents.
>>
>>44527368
Slowly introduce the slaves to the kids, and find a back up nesting site.
>>
>>44527420
The slaves stills in "training". I still sayng we need that rule to control the population, we need enough mouths to feed. Also send explorers to see if someone can be or its a new enemy, look for a good place for the farms, keep tryng to kill the fung, hunting and search for food.
>>
>>44527673
Seems fair, but a back up base incase of those fungi/invaders.
>>
Last post today im tired, tomorrow part 4 i hope.

Saarin makes the children meet the human kids, she explains some basics about them and then move a long.

The fairy is still in the cage, she must be the key to destroy the fungus and take the jungle for the harpies.

Some harpies start building nests in a higher pick, a bit far from the principal base to lay some eggs there that can be protected easily.

See you tomorrow, check te google doc for info and everything, ill write this session tomorrow morning.
>>
>>44527941
Time and timezone please?
>>
>>44528203
UTC+01:00
>>
>>44529027
Thx.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.