[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So finally after years of diligent and faultless service you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: How the AdMech should be.jpg (395 KB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
How the AdMech should be.jpg
395 KB, 1300x1000
So finally after years of diligent and faultless service you managed to attain the rank of Magos on your Forge World.

As your first task as Magos given to you by the Archmagos, you are to come up with a weapon or piece of technology (if not a whole set of equipment) for the average soldiers of The Emperor Omnissiah that would also be easy to manufacture on a large scale...or anything useful to the Imperium. In order for you to achieve your task, the Archmagos gives you access to all the STC the Forge World has. And since you are now a Magos, you can actually go and experiment without being called a heretek so long as you will not try to do something that is blatant tech-heresy.

What is it that you make as your first thing as Magos?
>>
>>44519549
I make a prototype factory that can make mass produced Power Armor for Stormtroopers and Astra Militarium leaders at first.

Then I expand it with a final version that also mass produces Carapace Armor for the file and rank Guardsmen.
>>
>>44519549
I make a double-barreled Lasgun.
>>
>>44519549
New line of slightly more utilitarian shovels or knives.

A leman russ but with sloped armor.

Heat sink add-ons for the various energy weapons of the imperium

Magnetic or radio tabs that go on lasgun cartridges that make them easy to recover after a firefight

What do guardsmen have in the way of ration equipment?

Give 'em all a metal food bowl. That'll cover a kidney from shrapnel.
>>
>>44519549
A bigger, more powerful, yet slower Sentinel that would be a good and cheaper alternative to the Leman Russ.
>>
>>44519549
new elevator designs for getting around large ships quickly
>>
>>44519853
First idea I like. Second idea is...not so good. Last idea is really damn bad idea. Might as well make a Forge World for gardening equipment.
>>
>>44519549
Integrate a new mechanical safety on plasma weapons that stops these ignorant Guardsmen from overheating the holy machine by firing it too often. Those things don't just vent plasma out the exhaust without being misused. Also start making Ceramite-reinforced suits of Flak to be utilized alongside plasma weaponry, to further protect their weak flesh from the radiating heat of their gun.
>>
A machine that excersises the body while soldiers are sleeping, meaning that it only takes less than half the time to get new soldiers into /fit/ shape to fight. Also is commercially available at a exorbitant price.
>>
>>44520307
Also have the plasma vents point forward, so if it does vent it can be used as an improvised weapon against lightly-armored foes.
>>
>>44520345
Yes, and additionally add a function to intentionally flush heat at an increased pace when the gun has reached high temperatures, allowing for a more efficient and calculated use of the otherwise useless energy. Praise the Omnissiah!
>>
>>44519549
Improved portable Auspexes so the peons can call in artillery barrages witheven better efficiency
>>
>>44519549
Assuming the Imperium still has the technology to build spacecraft as opposed to scavenge them, I build a spaceship factory designed to provide on-site weapons and supplies for areas where these amenities might run low (like protracted sieges).

For obvious reasons, the ship will be run by other AdMechs, be limited to produce pre-HH technology (to keep it out of Chaos' hands), and primarily be fielded against enemies where reverse engineering is not an issue (basically everyone but Chaos Space Marines and Tau).
>>
>>44520357
Or add in an intentional "dump heat" function and make it double as a plasma shotgun. *mechadendrite high five*
>>
>>44520431
Believing that the Xenos have the capability to match our mastery of the machine is heresy, anon. While allowing our superior technology to fall into enemy hands is undesirable, we can take heart that they are unable of understanding the Omnissiah's blessings.
>>
>>44520340
Better yet, use a dumbed down version of the brainwashing machines Space Marines use to indoctrinate their recruits to teach guardsmen how to use more advanced weapons while they sleep, so that the IG's technology isn't crippled by the constraint of "must be useable by feral worlders".
>>
>>44520448
Chaos still has the hereteks to worry about. And better to keep every possible advantage away from the xenos scum.
>>
>>44519549
make an alternative to warp travel
>the eldar figured it out humanity can do it better

improv comms, and find cheaper longer lasting power sources for power armour. shrink power packs while increasing power. make power armor shells. the increased strength and mobility but now extra protection hopefully making it easier to produce.
>>
>>44519549
Armor piercing weaponry to supplement the IG's lasguns, something like 1-2 people per squad. Lasguns may work well in large numbers, but they work even better when that Carnifex you are trying to kill has a huge, unarmored hole in its carapace.
>>
>>44520522
The Eldar didn't, they just appropriated the Old Ones' stuff, but a Magos wouldn't know that. However, all of the stuff that the Old Ones used to make the Webway is still on Caliban or its fragments, so I suppose its possible.

Then again, remember what happened the last time humanity tried to build a webway.
>>
>All these "improve X," posts

C'mon Anons, you should know how this works, actually give ways to improve your equipment rather than just stating it's better, otherwise:

Improve every single piece of equipment the Guard has while also making it cheaper and less complex.

There, my idea is obviously the best.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.