[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would you pay anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5
File: received_876690272429851.jpg (107 KB, 884x620) Image search: [Google]
received_876690272429851.jpg
107 KB, 884x620
How much would you pay anon?
>>
I think these are really good deals. sadly nothing interests me at the moment since I mostly need vehicles now
>>
El zilcho, sell more bits like weapons and upgrades
>>
>>44517812
>giving GW any money
>2016
I shiggy diggy.
>>
Consider that places like Wayland Games are selling these very reasonably priced boxes with further discounts.

£40 for sets of models priced over double that
>>
>>44517812

I'd pay whatever the normal rate for those boxes is, which is MSRP - 20-25%. But since I don't need any of the contents I'd probably just buy the HQ on eBay for whatever the market price is, which is probably a shit ton since these boxes are STILL limited edition just like the last boxes to contain the unique HQs.

BaC and DV unique HQs = $5-10
Limited edition HQs = A GORILLION THRONES

Ain't nobody paying $85 for a shitty plastic Terminator HQ you moron scalpers. That costs more than FW event exclusive HQs.
>>
>>44517812
Not a fucking dime, because giving any more money to GW is fucking retarded. Go play something that won't fill the pockets of money leeching fuckers.
>>
>>44518470

So basically something totally free and not affiliated with a for profit company, like BrkWars?

You realize all companies are money leeching fuckers, right. Like, every product in your house you bought was put out by a company who literally cares nothing about you. If your car explodes and you're crippled for life, they've actually done the calculations and have increased the car's price by 0.001% to cover the predicted rate of exploding and the money they'll have to pay out in court.
>>
>>44517812
20% off whatever the price of the separate components would be sounds good.

None of those pictured interest me, but if there's a Dark Eldar one I'd snap it up.
>>
>>44518635

Most of the boxes already save you money as a bundle from GW, then dock off 20% for buying from a retailer for even greater savings.
>>
File: finkelsteinsendlesslaughter.jpg (13 KB, 516x315) Image search: [Google]
finkelsteinsendlesslaughter.jpg
13 KB, 516x315
>>44517812
> Paying for GW products
>>
>>44518425
You do realize those HQ's are just regular plastic blister pack HQ's available from GW site normally. There's nothing there that you can't buy otherwise.
>>
I would probably drop 75, but I imagine these are 125.

Reality turned out to be 75. Jesus fuck what's happening is GW becoming reasonable again?

What's happening /tg/ I'm scared.
>>
>space marine one is literally just the battleforce but the commander is now a terminator and the box is ten pounds less.

Is GW lowering prices?

What the fuck.
>>
In Italy it's 65 Euros.
That's the price of the Carnosaur alone.
The Seraphon box looks interesting.

(Also slightly assmad for the Tau one, just 5 bucks more than the Crisis box)
>>
I might pick up the Necron and Malignant ones. At least it's a good start to them getting back on track.
>>
>>44519164
>Outsider updated
>GW dropped price

Truly, the End is nigh!
>>
Wait so based chinese man isnt needed anymore? Is the storm over?
>>
Don't image search Seraphon.
>>
>>44517812
I don't see these on their website?
>>
They killed my beloved WHFB, I'm not giving them money ever again.
>>
are these limited or not?
>>
I have everything I need. Also their rules are questionable at best I doubt I will even pay for 8th edition 40k.
>>
>>44520620
According to Wayland Games, yes.
>>
>>44520269

he is still needed while GW sells characters for $30 and you can buy them from based chinaman for $5
>>
>>44520929
Tell me more of this chinaman
>>
>>44517812
Nothing. That's why I quit the hobby, the prices and AoS (which is a fine game but they threw away the setting I actually did like).
>>
>>44519086
Try and buy that ethereal and terminator captain on their own friend.

>>44519240
Not only that but the dread got an upgrade to venerable status.
>>
>>44521031
r yoyhammer
>>
>>44517812
I'll probably buy 2 boxes of the WoC. Always wanted to start an army of those guys specializing in heavy cav and infantry, which is all that box has
>>
Why the FUCK does the Skitarii box have an HQ from a different fucking army in it?
>>
>>44521031
He wears the mask because his cheap resin is slightly toxic.
>>
>>44521031
Some say he lurks in the darkness of google search, awaiting on his prey to suck their wallets dry with deals of 5$ dreadnoughts and characters... 13$ contemptors, and other sweet nothings whispered in ears.

You don't find him by asking for him, you find him of your own volition.
>>
>>44522439
Because it comes eithba formation that let's you run all 3 units.

Meaning now you can have an actual HQ for your Skitarii force without having to pic up a bunch of Cult Mech troops.
>>
>Tau box is 15€ more expensive than a one box of new crisis suits

and thats not counting flgs discount. Someone slap me because I must be dreaming.
>>
>>44517812
Been looking to get into 40k. If they release a decent Deldar one I'll probably get it.
>>
>>44517812
£40, £55 if they come with the codex.

In fact I'm tempted, I haven't played since 4th and I'm considering either Skitarii/Cult Mech or Dark Eldar.

Fuck, these are basically the old £40 Battleforce kit they should never have stopped selling.
>>
File: i_enjoyed_this_post.gif (1 MB, 459x297) Image search: [Google]
i_enjoyed_this_post.gif
1 MB, 459x297
keep in mind the fantasy ones are coming with superior round bases, not inferior squares. so if you want to play your 8th or 9th age or kow or whatever, you will need to buy square bases also

dat seraphon box. the carnosaur is 85 alone, so the rest of the minis that come with it are pretty much free

and the tau box is amazing. the crisis team is 75, so for just 10 more you are getting a full box of fire warriors and an exclusive ethereal
>>
>>44519240

They are trying to offer more accessible price points, if you keep up with any of their publications they have mentioned they want to do that but they refused to lower prices on existing products. It's basically a workaround so don't completely out price potential customers although none of that matters if they don't make their games more accessible and less garbage.
>>
>>44522569
There's no Deldar one, I just looked. The equivalent is a haemonculus, 5 wracks and the codex for £67.50. Which is damn near insulting.

>>44522626
Oops, they're £50 each but no codex, that's reasonable for the price I'll pay in shop.
>>
Too little too late GW! You have offended too many times! There's no way I'm giving you a penny after... after....

>Skitarii

Oh fuck, why do you do this?! I feel the call of 40k again...
>>
>>44521031
His prices are low, and his resin is shit.
>>
>>44522849

Eh I've seen worse
>>
Honestly if they released the Warhammer Fantasy Start Collecting sets earlier, I think they would have really ignited interested in the game without resorting to Age of Sigmar
>>
sadly tho the SM kit kind of sucks, GW doesn't understand we don't think mono pose plastic characters are worth $30 (even by gw prices) and the dreadnought is a bit sucky nowadays
>>
>>44522941

You would have to alter the rules so small armies and small units are effective, something that 8th edition did not like
>>
I'd be seriously tempted to grab the Skitarii one at that price, but I've already got three Dunecrawlers and really don't need any more. Between these and the more reasonable price of Betrayal at Calth, I wonder if someone at GW has noticed they actually have some serious competition in the wargaming market?
>>
>>44522967
>mono pose
What?
>>
>>44522977
Eh but I mean generally people were so scared of wh fantasy bc of the high cost of entry, so this would have helped a lot
>>
>>44522967
It's the three most iconic space marine units in one box. I think you need to realise that none of these are for you, they're for people getting into the hobby.
>>
>>44523005
But the big reason why whfb wasnt picking up any steam was because the rules were a huge mess, and so were the majority of players. These start collecting bundles would have done jack all for whfb sales because a new player would find out that he needed to buy at least 2 or 3 of these boxes to get into standard games. Whereas at least for AoS, this box is all you need.
>>
>>44522967
> Dreadnoughts Suck
Holy shit, it's like you've never picked up 7th edition space marines. You've clearly spent too much time living in niggerland. Dreadnoughts got buffed into the fucking stratosphere this edition, and plus you can bring them in the gladius. Where they get a free drop pod, and rerolls on everything from Tactical Doctrine.
>>
>>44523025
Valid point, It's more so I would have liked something as awesome as the tau box
>>
>>44523048
Not too mention they would have needed to but the books as well. Any anon who thinks whfb was salvageable is a delusional idiot. I think aos was a bit extreme, but I at least know whfb was doomed.
>>
>>44522656
You just need the war of the ring bases from TLOR or cheaper ones from eBay.
>>
Was considering to buy a 2nd Hive Tyrant for my starting nid army, so I'll get one box. Tyrant, Warriors and Gargoyles for 54 €, not bad for ~100 € worth of models from the GW webstore.
If you want atleast two of the kits in the box you save, thats kinda rare coming from GW.
>>
>>44517812
here's wishing for Empire one with Free Company, Flagellants, State Troops and Witch Hunter or a Wizard
we will call it Mordheim starter kit
>>
>>44523171
Let's hope AoS second edition have better rules and more balance.
>>
>>44518542
>If your car explodes and you're crippled for life, they've actually done the calculations and have increased the car's price by 0.001% to cover the predicted rate of exploding and the money they'll have to pay out in court.

This.
>>
>>44518542
>Like, every product in your house you bought was put out by a company who literally cares nothing about you. If your car explodes and you're crippled for life, they've actually done the calculations and have increased the car's price by 0.001% to cover the predicted rate of exploding and the money they'll have to pay out in court.
Here, I remember that line from Fight Club.
>>
File: 1451628710570.png (961 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451628710570.png
961 KB, 1000x1000
I will probably just buy the Chinese knock offs for half the price if I am that interested. I have been spoiled by the shockingly low prices.

>>44522451
All resin is slightly toxic. The official Forge World assembly instructions say as much.
>>
>>44523294
It's not a line from a movie, Ford really did that in the seventies.
>>
>>44517812
This might convert me back to the Greater Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhXCQFxGqMM
>>
>>44517812
Does that Tyrant have wings or are they pulling a fast one and boxing without ALL the options?

Yes, I would expect GW to do that.
>>
I would definitely buy one of these for Fantasy if it wasn't too late
>>
>>44523372
Oh, I didn't mean to say it's from the movie originally, just that it was mentioned there as well.
>>
Aren't these still not enough to play the game outside of unbound? With Chaos Daemons for example, the only detachment you can choose requires two troops. In this case there are only 10 bloodletters, only enough for one.
>>
>>44523386

Safe bet says that they have removed all additional weapons and accessories to keep the cost down low enough to justify this kind of box set.
>>
You know if they had an Eldar one I might buy.
>>
>>44523414
You should check out the cost of plastic some time.
>>
>>44523414
Are you stupid?
>>
>>44523414
sorting the sprue for bits is more work than just put the sprue into the box. The tyrant one with the wings has weapon options + heads too.
All their bundles had the complete sprues, it will not be different this time.
>>
>>44523414
It's obvious they aren't doing that with the crisis suit drones. I don't see them doing it for the tyranids.
>>
>>44517842

If GW follows through with their plan to revamp specilist games there will be a lot of people forking money over to GeeDubs this year.

New Blood Bowl
New Necromunda
New BFG

There is also hope for a LOTR section that is handled with more care then their current "OMG GUISE THIS GAME MUST SUCK BECAUSE NO ONE IS PAYING $25 FOR A CLAMSHELL OF 3 BASIC WARRIORS!!!!"
>>
>>44522451

>resin is slightly toxic.

So on a scale of 0 to cancer/

If one were to work with this stuff and build several tanks and a chinman titian while using an air grinder to remove large nubs off and using only a shirt for a mask (and even then only some of the time)

how likely am i to die before 40 from this chinman warp dust?
>>
>>44522849

The yellow resin is more brittle then forge world.
The grey resin is softer but much easier to work with the forge world.

That being said the QC of all the recast stuff i have gotten has been on par with forge world.

Sometimes better, sometimes worse. But in every situation where i have gotten something really bad i just snap a pic, email the guy and get a new one for free.
>>
>>44517812
65€ for a starter set is decent. Now if these were actually starter sets and the rules were good, I wouldn't hesitate so much. In the meanwhile, there are quite a few other games from other companies I'd like to start playing, so no thank you.
>>
>>44523536
Probably not likely, but it can cause cancer over time if you don't wear a $5 dust mask. It is the same with Forge World products and Finecast minis too, they say as much on the health warning labels.
>>
>>44523536

It's not toxic at all. It's just that inhaling jagged dust particles that your body can't break down is bad for you. Think asbestos. You don't want to break asbestos without wearing a mask either.
>>
>>44523536
It's a Carcinogen if you breathe in the dust. This can be fixed by wearing a dust mask, or a respirator.
>>
>>44523005

I couldn't have given a damn about the cost of entry, what put me off was all the damn models you were expected to paint. That I also had to buy more was just salt.

>>44523494

>While they hope to cover all the old games nothing is set in stone and there is no plan currently laid out. So while they may hope to redo Epic (or some kind) in may not happen, or if it does it may be far off and come back in a different way.
>>
>>44523598
>>44523625
Apart from cancer you need to think about particles in your lungs causing scar tissue. You don't want to die like a 60s miner, coughing up blood and being unable to breathe right because you liked mucking about with resin toys.
>>
>>44523645
Bloodbowl is no doubt going to be first on the list of new games. There's already been test models shown at warhammer world.
>>44518385
>>44518392
>>
>tfw no Dark Eldar
>tfw no Orks
>tfw no CSM
>tfw no Bretonnia

Why live?
>>
>>44523536
It probably won't show up until 60, so if you don't intend to live that long don't worry about it.

>>44523598
IIRC full face mask is like $100 and also comes handy for all sorts of dress-ups...
>>
>>44523667

Yes, Bloodbowl is confirmed, but everything else is up in the air.
>>
>>44522569

Yep, like the other poster said, the only DE one is haemonculi which is just an overpriced book, 1 HQ and a squad of wracks. It's also much more expensive than the other boxes while you get almost no minis.
>>
>>44523691
If it is only to prevent lung irritants then you don't need a fully face mask. Just a $25 respirator at most will do. A normal dust mask would work just as well too, for the purposes of resin dust after filing a model.
>>
>>44523672
They have Dark Eldar and Ork ones but they're less good because they threw the codex in instead of models.
They don't have a CSM one because fuck CSM is GW's current policy.
>>
>>44523717
True. But eye protection is handy for bunch of other practical things, and it looks cool, so you might as well go all the way.
>>
>>44517812
Not as much as they doubtlessly want me to.
>>
>>44517812
$120 canadian
>>
>>44523711
I hope that they do Necromunda too. I would love to use some of the DV cultists to create a chaos gang.
>>
>>44523645
>>44523667
>>44523691

They did put out an add for a new sculptor or manager or something for the LOTR line.
>>
well, i've been meaning to start skitarii but have been swamped with work for months

now have months' worth of budgeted dollaryoos to spend, so fuck yeah i'd buy the the box of skittles for $75
>>
>>44523716
Yeah, hopefully sets like the ones in the OP are on the way for DE, Eldar, CSM etc. though.
>>
>>44517812
600 SEK for the greenskins seems reasonable, but I'd like to use them for converting 40k units. I've heard that Age of Sigmar models are too big for this, is that true?
>>
>>44523947
Yes, but all the orc models are pre-AoS and fit perfectly with regular orks.
>>
>>44523982
De Godz are grinnin at us, lads
>>
>>44523790

CSM is being updated, no point in creating a box for them now as half their range is going to be replaced soon. It's pretty much impossible for beginners to make berzerkers look good.
>>
>>44517812
These are pretty good deals for the most part

Might get the warroirs of choas lizardmen and marines
>>
>>44523414
That would require cutting the sprues by hand and figuring out how you would sell those cut up sprues without leaving excess. And most kits dont gome with separate sprue for weapons anymore.
>>
Have the formations of each set been leaked yet?
>>
>>44517812
Not that much.
>>
>>44517812
The fuck are Seraphon and Maligants?
>>
>>44523494
Those people are idiots. Guildball/dreadball, Deadzone, and Dropfleet all exist.
>>
>>44524330

Lizardmen and the spirit units from Vampire Counts.
>>
>>44523230
>Empire
>AoS
Pick one
>>
>>44524345
>Guildball/dreadball, Deadzone, and Dropfleet
Literally who?
>>
So I have been checking out and they have no plans to release the good old transport + tactical squad like before?. Im was hoping I could get a Rhino a CSM squad at least ;_;
>>
>>44524396

>Guildball

Holy shit that looks completely stupid. Why the actual fuck would I want to play a SERIOUS fantasy football game? This game looks so far up its own ass you have to roll dice with your fucking intestines.
>>
>>44523411
For starters, the Daemons are for Age of Sigmar. Which doesnt have army building rules.
The 40k bundles are all formations so can be used straight out of the box.
>>
>>44523386
>>44523414
Name once when GW have done this with any of their bundles. We'll wait
>>
>>44524514
Note that Starter Sets don't count because those are poured from separate molds
>>
>>44517812
tree fiddy
>>
Thought i was reading the general and wondered why there wasn't any shitposts...
>>
>>44523171
calm down fgt they could have made a 9th edition that focused on smaller units and it would be better then AoS.
>>
>>44517812
Less than I could sell it for.
>>
>>44524396
>pretending not to know who mantic are
>shilling for GW this hard
>>
>>44525918

Unless you played Fantasy there really isn't any reason to know who Mantic are.
>>
>>44519164
>>44519240
Was at WW's birthday today, half price on lizardmen and old Assassin models.

Stunned.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.