[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cetic Monk Quest pt 3: On such a winter's day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 13
File: King_City.jpg (30 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
King_City.jpg
30 KB, 500x374
Hey ya'll passed out in the middle of the last one (which is here: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44334110/)

You are a monk in the fractured, post-apocalyptic California who recently finished his training at Sa'Migel Arcangel, near the center of the empire. Once a glorious beacon of enlightenment in an unenlightened world, California has fallen to division and sectarianism, and the emperor sits trapped in the holy city of Sacremento, while the Imperial Protectors of the Five Provinces openly war against each other, paying lip-service to Elton IV Yudkow, the living Guru while blithely ignoring his edicts and commands.

You are a follower of the Way of the Cowl, a Cetic sect that promotes secrecy and pragmatism, and favors L'Ron Hubbard as the Paramount Guru. You were chosen by the administration of your monastery to spread the Enlightened Faith to the near mythical Filipines, across the Infinite Pacific Ocean. You grew up in the desert wastes of the mojave, and remember well when false honor and inaction cost the lives of many of your neighbors and the abduction of your sister by foul worshippers of the Atom.

Languages:
Classical Inglish (Literate)
Classical Espanyol (Literate)
Angeleno Spanglish (Native)
Valley Spanglish (Accented)
Fransiscan Spanglish (Accented)
Bajanese (Broken)
Jeffersonian (Broken)
Arixian Spanglish (Broken)

Possessions:
Blue Coweled Formal Robe
Grey Travel Robe
14 Imperial Dolares
A Small Dagger
Provisions for your trip to Monterey

Followers:
Shwaig, A Franciscan follower of the dove. Skilled in healing and diplomacy with peasants. Openly hostile to nobles and the rich. Vegan and Pacifist Zealot. Brings Herbs and Vegetables for the trip, but hardly and money.
Djamez, A Vallejan follower of the fist. Well armed, and a master of the martial arts. Good natured, but a bit oblivious at times. Studious, but Forgetful. Brings a Naginata, throwing axe/hatchet, dagger, 12 Valleyan Dolares, and Jerky. Obstains from all intoxicants.
>>
File: nihongo merchant.jpg (88 KB, 536x442) Image search: [Google]
nihongo merchant.jpg
88 KB, 536x442
You have just arrived in King City, where you showed up just in time to intervene in what could either be a massacre or a lynch mob. A Nihongo merchant, with a small squad of heavily armed guards, is attempting to leave the city with the wife and children of a failed Vineyard owner in tow.

As far as you can tell, the merchant lent the now-deceased father of the family money to start a vineyard, on the condition that The merchant, Horigoshi Kuri, would receive drastic discounts on the wine created there. Drought hit,and within two years the vineyard owner went broke. He killed himself due to stress about a year ago, and Horigoshi-san insists that by law, the children of his debtor must serve him.
"M-my lord [Lastname]-san. I am purely a humble trader desiring his honest dues. if the peasants can afford the 500 Franciscan dolares, I will gladly go on my way and release the debtors. I only wish my investment to be returned."

On that note, post your action, and vote on a name. Highest d100 roll wins the name game, most votes wins action
>>
File: HaroldPlaysPoker.png (478 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
HaroldPlaysPoker.png
478 KB, 540x764
>>44517262
Fucked up my trip, but it's still me.
>>
>>44517262
Also, almost forgot it, but here's a paste ith setting info and shit, for reference.
http://pastebin.com/Ntya3spu
>>
File: profile-LRH.jpg (3 MB, 1789x2429) Image search: [Google]
profile-LRH.jpg
3 MB, 1789x2429
>>44517470
Also, I'm just gonna drop trip until it becomes a problem. This is hella ridic.
>>
File: hubbardshrine.jpg (44 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
hubbardshrine.jpg
44 KB, 620x349
It is all very well to sit back and hope for "the best in this best of all possible worlds" but it's the course of personal and national suicide.
Unless there is a vast alteration in man's civilization as it stumbles along today, man will not be here very long and none of us.
Times must change.
--Elron Hubbard
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44517318
Repeating the consensus from last thread of "well you might have a legal right to the children but you're kidnapping that woman. If you forgive the debt that won't get mentioned to the law, no one will feel the need to do anything foolish and we'll all go on our merry way."
>>
>>44518401
The merchant looks at you, then back at the mob, then orders his men to lower their weapons.

"Very well, monk-san. I see that the honor of California-jin is boundless." he makes a deep bow. "Surely, another merchant will soon grace your plentiful land with his humble offerings of wealth, when he learns how your people honor their contracts. After all, your precious rain has been coming for years now, and you will no longer require the charity of the rising sun."

He hands you the chain and says something to his guards in his own language.

"Sayounara, Bou-san, your Justice will be remembered by the Zaibatsu."
>>
File: sea-1-600x335.jpg (55 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
sea-1-600x335.jpg
55 KB, 600x335
>>44518401
(also, a name suggestion would be nice)
>>
>>44519050
How about Eduard deNeedles?
>>
File: needlesrodeo.jpg (1 MB, 2848x1896) Image search: [Google]
needlesrodeo.jpg
1 MB, 2848x1896
>>44519349
That actually works pretty well.

It's being added to your backstory that you're from Needles.
>>
>>44518805
Dang what a whiner, fucked up and committed a crime instead of just sticking to what he had a right to, and blames it on us?

we just became the butterfly whose flapping caused the cowboy Khan hurricane didn't we
>>
File: Chingis John.jpg (38 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Chingis John.jpg
38 KB, 550x400
>>44519445
Oh, you have no idea

His behavior isn't really that strange. Since the Empire fell on hard times, the Nipponese merchant families (or Zaibatsu) have been throwing their weight and money around, and generally consider themselves above the law. They know that California needs their wealth, so they flaunt it.

As the merchant leaves, empty handed, the crowd gathers around you cheering, led by the wizened local teacher.

"Wonderful work, my brother! The foreign devils have been running amok here too long! Would you wish to partake of a meal at my humble abode? You and your companions look exhausted!"
>>
>>44519558
Well lets put it to a vote between us and our fellows, but personally vote to accept their generosity.

>Oh, you have no idea
Cowboy Khan is going to end up being our nephew isn't he
>>
>>44519558
Do... do I vote now?
>>
>>44519611
Me again. I vote yeah. A meal aounds good. Especially a free one
>>
>>44519611
>>44519630
Another player! What are your thoughts on Eduard as our name? I've got my heart pretty set on deNeedles but Eduard was really just me tossing something out that was spanishy but not TOO spanishy
>>
File: wayofthedove.jpg (10 KB, 236x373) Image search: [Google]
wayofthedove.jpg
10 KB, 236x373
>>44519609
>>44519630
The others agree. It's late, and you're tired from the journey so far. The teacher leads you back to his domicile, which is ever so slightly nicer than the surrounding shacks, with a small vegetable garden and chicken coop. A young boy with the braid and shaved head of a cetic novice is weeding the tomato bed.

"Brother, judging from the image of Guru Francisco Dassisi over your roof, you follow the teachings of the Dove." Shwaig says "How can you keep our fellow souls caged like that? What if one of them is your ancestor?"

"Ah, I remember being young and zealous like you" the teacher replies "I ate only bean curds and lettuce and performed purifying mantras every time I stepped on an insect."

He laughs

"One of these days you'll learn that flexibility is the epitome of purity. There is so little food here of late that it would be a sin not to harvest eggs and milk. But the Emperor bless you anyway, I see the fire of youth in you."
>>
>>44519697
Yeah man it's pretty sweet for a Spanish monk type dude
>>
>>44519827
I'm sure one day his ancestor will be the hawk and he will be the rabbit, brother schwaig. No need to criticize for doing what he must if he's not being needlessly cruel.
>>
>>44520009
After all, there are but three of us on our mission to the distant lands, and not just four ways to criticism but countless paths within them. If we limit ourselves to but our own paths we will teach only a broken faith. Worse than if they never heard our words at all. All of us will need to think beyond ourselves.
>>
File: stfrancis550jusepederibera.jpg (56 KB, 550x379) Image search: [Google]
stfrancis550jusepederibera.jpg
56 KB, 550x379
>>44519827
He leads you inside, where another novice is stirring a pot of noodle soup. The quarters are spare, but fairly comfortable, all things considered.

He puts his hand on the novices shoulder, who starts.

"Jorge, we have guests. Fetch some water for tea, I'll tend the soup"

"Y-yes Father Nacio" the boy replies before scurrying off.

"Oh! How rude of me!" Brother Nacio exclaims, "Would you prefer tea or coffee? I always like some Chamomile at the end of a long day,but I shouldn't force my choices on others! It's a good thing Jorge hadn't gotten around to putting the eggs in the soup yet, isn't it?"

He chuckles, nudging Djamez, who laughs with him.

>>44520009
>>44520051
"You laugh, but it's your karma" Shwaig replies "As teachers, shouldn't we be models of purity?"
>>
File: gonden gate ruins.jpg (134 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
gonden gate ruins.jpg
134 KB, 630x420
>>44520083

Gonna be gone for a while, till prolly noonish PST. Feel free to continue the thread or let it
die. Peace.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.