[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do psions look like in your game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 620x320
What do psions look like in your game?
>>
>>44514523
Bald due to the use of psychic powers burning out hair follicles. Probably also twitchy due to the accompanying psychological issues that psychic powers tend to have.
>>
No, they generally dress in whatever they feel like/fitting for their profession. Then again Psionics isn't a mutation in my setting, quite the opposite. Having no Psionic potential means you were basically terribly malnourished for 80% of your childhood.
>>
>>44514915
>>poor people get extensive psychic powers

Tell me about the social structure of the setting plz
>>
>>44514859
I always found the whole "Psionics twists your own goddamn mind and fucks you up because reasons" thing to be overdone, especially in fantasy settings where summoning demons, calling on gods, begging spirits for help all apparently have no mental drawbacks what so ever.
>>
Usually like wizards or other magic users. Sometimes like yogi or monks.
>>
>>44514963
It is, something I readily admit.

Then again, this is a sci-fi setting. Not that that changes much. But yes, I am well aware that it's hackneyed and overdone trope relating to psychic abilities of any sort. And I'm okay with that.
>>
>>44514960
It's not that extensive. Most people who don't practice might be able to push and shove small objects around if they really exert themselves. It shows up around puberty and it's use it or lose it until around age 21.

Generally speaking, Leaders learned very quickly that ruling force ended VERY VERY VERY badly for them unless your exceedingly powerful. Most complex societies are some sort of republic. Super massive nation states/empires never really came into being. Most of the world is a mixture of leagues formed along ethnic lines, city states, and surrounding territories.

Very few people are telepathic. Most people usually specialize in Kinkiness. A smith might learn how to spark fires. People are experimenting with lightning powers to power engines.

Most societies have very taboo opinions about psychically influencing others. Telepathy and Mindreading are only acceptable amongst close family members/the military/life or death situations.

Mindcontrol is a big goddamn no, no. People think of Mind control in the same way most other settings would view necromancy.
>>
>>44514960
>reading comprehension

He said that poor people are the ones without psionics.

>>44514915
I'd totally want to play the poor slumdog sorcerer in that setting. Probably some sort of urban terrorist/freedom fighter against the upper class who gets "recruited" into some suicide mission because he can blow shit up without using psionics like the uncultured swine that he is.
>>
>>44515386
>slumdog sorcerer
Arcane Magic really isn't a thing in this setting. The only people that practice it are ]Ayyyliens[/spoilers].

Alchemy is alive, well, and quite advanced. Some of the top secret cutting edge military shit especially.
>>
>>44515773
Kind of a reverse thing, then, eh? I can dream. Or you know... ayyyyy
>>
>>44515897
Yeah, I didn't mean for it to be like that. It just kinda turned out that way. The setting is very much WIP.
>>
>>44516025
That's the beauty of sorcerers though. They don't so much practice arcane magic as much as magic just sort of happens.
>>
File: brainfuck.webm (1 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
brainfuck.webm
1 MB, 1920x1040
>>
Horrifying, mutated horrors that are often a merging of metal and flesh. Some multiply without end. Some are sterile.
>>
>>44515016
You got to think though, once someone starts developing psionic powers, how are they still the same type of being as the rest of us?

Unless you have psionics work like magic, where the energy has always flowed around us and some can naturally tap into it or study to control it, a psion would be utterly an alien creature that would not worry about psychological problems.
>>
I've never run a game with psionics in it. Not even deliberately; it's just even when psionics are an option my players avoid them. Kind of makes me sad, because I think they can be very interesting.
>>
File: WhiteDevil.jpg (650 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WhiteDevil.jpg
650 KB, 1024x768
>>44514523
Like this. It was a fun campaign.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.