[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinicon question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Infinicon.jpg (80 KB, 731x600) Image search: [Google]
Infinicon.jpg
80 KB, 731x600
What if instead of a small city it was a entire country?
>>
I generally like crossovers despite them being bad, but if you can find a group of people who would want to play in this kind of massive crossover setting, then you should probably ask them for advice.
>>
>>44513842
two approaches seem viable

1) a collection of different sized cities/counties/states each with varying degrees of generalized fandoms, along with regional favorites.

2) massive swaths of land dedicated to one fandom, thrown into seasonal bouts of mock combat and economic pressure to expand their fandoms, with small crossover enclaves along the frontlines.
>>
>>44513927
I see it more as a small nation which, instead of provinces, it's fandoms. Fantasy fandom has a town, post apoc has a town, etc.
>>
>>44516646
well, what kind of population were you thinking about? I was thinking in the 100 million range.
>>
Can we just use Mall of America for a super-con?
>>
>>44517021
Woo! That is huge. No I was thinking something smaller than that, more in the 1-2 million range at most. You don't need 100 million for a convention country, really.
>>
>>44517039
That'd be fun! They still have that roller coaster?
>>
>>44517059
1-2 million is big for a city, but small for a country. but I'm from San Francisco, so maybe I'm a tad biased on that. still, it could work, but it'd be a lot less chaotic than what I had in mind.

if there are 7.3 billion people on the planet right now, 100 million people is 1.4% of the population.
>>
>>44517722
Why wouldn't they? Just beware cosplayers fighting on the track if this is high fantasy infinicon.
>>
High or low fantasy? Low fantasy would be sane at the very least, high fantasy would either be paradise or a fucking nightmare.
And I mean it when I say nightmare, because high fantasy can very easily get out of hand in so many ways it's not even funny.
>>
>>44513842
that would need way too much suspension of disbelief on my part
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.