[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fellowship of the Ring Character Levels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dmoftheringssucketh.jpg (19 KB, 330x180) Image search: [Google]
dmoftheringssucketh.jpg
19 KB, 330x180
What level would the characters of the Fellowship be in DnD 5e?
I found some stuff suggesting that Aragorn would be about 5th level in 3.5, but I don't really know what that translates to in 5.
>>
>>44511088
Roughly 3.
>>
>>44511088
>5e characters are stronger than other editions meme
when will this end? 5e is the most hardcore meatgrinder edition yet
>>
>>44511195
>when will this end?
6th Edition.
>>
>>44511195

>5e is the most hardcore meatgrinder edition yet

Kek. Do you roll for 1st level hit points?

Do you die at 0 hp?

No?

Then it is objecitvely NOT the most hardcore edition yet.

Please continue to make excuses for shitty design by claiming it's "hardcore" though. Russian Roulette is hardcore, too, but that doesn't mean it's a well-designed game.
>>
>>44511544
But you do roll for first level hitpoints. Dying at zero hp would be up to the DM.
>>
>>44511624
>But you do roll for first level hitpoints

Not in 5e dumbass.
>>
>>44511624
>Dying at zero hp would be up to the DM.

Death saving throws are for PCs. It's only optional for NPCs. Unless you get overkilled (take your max hp in damage after 0), or you take damage while you're down, you have about 2-5 rounds to get revived. Even if you nat 1 all your death saves, that means at least one turn-cycle before you croak.

That said, 5e can be pretty lethal. Mooks are more of a concern than before, and players don't have many broken tricks to save them when things go wrong.
>>
>>44512709
5e is definitely more hardcore than 3.5. I have to try pretty hard to make sure that my players even make it to level 3, otherwise they just end up getting obliterated.
>>
>>44512180
I guess me and my group did something wrong, we all rolled for our Health Point value.
>>
>>44515597
According to the PHB, first level characters get a full hit die+ CON bonus. It's not really that big of a deal, your group probably is just going to die a lot more often.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.