[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wrongbadfun exists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: maro_hypocrisy.png (14 KB, 584x198) Image search: [Google]
maro_hypocrisy.png
14 KB, 584x198
> lol badwrongfun
> it's none of your business how otherpeople play
> there is no wrong to play as long as everyone is having fun

Has there ever been a bigger crock of bullshit? Badwrongfun DOES exist, particularly when people shill their badwrongfun to try to get other people into it, or encourage bad habits such as "failing forward" or players having narrative control.

It'd be like going to a baseball game and pissing and screaming in center field, then when people get mad at you you shout "BUT IM HAVING FUN SO THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT"

That is what you sound like.

Stop.
>>
This isn't even worth a reply, so I'm going to make this a 40k thread.

Why haven't the Necrons enslaved the Tau yet?
>>
>>44510747
Even they want nothing to do with blueberry sunshine and rainbows Greater Good bullshit.
>>
>>44510775
They ought to be all over the natural warp resistance, though. The Tau are their best best at reversing the Biotransferance, for those of them that want to. In any event, they're an ideal servant race once you replace "Greater Good" with "Mindshackle Scarab."
>>
>>44510660
>> there is no wrong to play as long as everyone is having fun
That's true, though. However if someone in the game acts like OP, then he's clearly not having fun, thus defeating the first point.
>>
>>44510747
>Why haven't the Necrons enslaved the Tau yet?
Think about how you feel after oversleeping, then think about how long the Necrons have been asleep. Enslaving the Tau is on their agenda - right after drinking their Deathrobot coffee.
>>
>>44510849
>once you replace "Greater Good" with "Mindshackle Scarab."
Yeah, good luck with that.
>>
>>44510747
Something about human souls for feeding c'tan, probably. Maybe the same shit that makes tau not have warp presence makes them shitty soulfood.
>>
>>44510660
>encourage bad habits such as "failing forward" or players having narrative control.
You never did finish arguing that was a bad thing, you know, you just declared victory after everyone decided to stop arguing with you because you just kept repeating yourself and posting smug western cartoon boys.
>>
>>44510660

But in your example, that person isn't "just having fun", they're ruining fun for other people. That's extremely different from a bunch of people getting together and having the same type of fun together, and it's a type of fun someone else doesn't like.

Do you honestly not see the difference between "actively spoiling other people's experience" and "having their own experience independent of yours"?
>>
>>44510972
But their souls taste like delicious blueberry muffins!
>>
>>44510972
oh right, that got wiped with the update. disregard me, I suck pylons
>>
>>44510976

I think what he's saying is that he is incapable of making that distinction on an emotional level, so he is attempting to justify it on a rational level however irrational it may be.
>>
>>44511101

That's a pretty virt thing to do and OP is clearly virt banhopping, so, yeah.
>>
>>44511150

Then by that logic YOU are also negatively effecting the RPG community, by being needlessly combative and tribal instead of trying to foster and engage positive behaviour.

Please stop having badwrongfun because you are ruining our hobby, fake gamer boy.
>>
>>44511161
At least he's not avatarfagging again. Thank goodness for small favours.
>>
>>44510747
More importantly, why aren't there more Sisters of Battle?
>>
>>44511344
Because the universe hates you and wants you to suffer.
>>
>>44511412
Y-you too!
>>
>>44511382
>I'm right because I say so
>>
I'm glad Virt is back, nothing united the /tg/ community quite like our hatred for him.
>>
>>44510660

This is your reply.
>>
>>44511150
>RPG community
Opinion disregarded. Our group does not interact with this allegedly existing "RPG community"
>>
>>44511807
You are so new that it is actually painful.
>>
>>44511382
>muh culture is being invaded

That's stupid. More players are good for business. Business grows the games. More and better games is good for the players.

>player influence in the narrative is bad
That's nonsense. It doesn't work for every game but you try playing Dogs in the Vineyard without meaningful player narrative development. There are many games which require the players to have as much an influence on the development and leading of the story as the GM. To say that to play these games without player narrative control is badwrongfun is to play these games wrong. Now I'm not interested in getting into a semantic argument about how you can play a game by the rules and still have it be 'wrong', but if a game is meant to generate fun it should be meant to be played by the rules the game sets out.
Besides, I enjoy having my players have some elements of narrative control. It gives me ideas for plot points, it can help me avoid plot holes and strongly invests the players in the setting.
>>
>>44511382
>encouraging positive behavior
By shitflinging and making nonsense claims. I'm pretty sure that's not how positive reinforcement works

>the standard precepts of good RPG play
What regulatory organ made those standards exactly? And what are they?

>that have been in place for generations.
RPGs have been around for 40 years. It's less than two generations
>>
>>44511382
Your culture is being invaded? Must be tough being an elitist neck beard. Enjoy the time spent on typing out all these responses to people about the way you think everyone should enjoy their hobby. WOW what a concept! This is someone else's hobby too! Who would of thought they would enjoy their recreation in their own way?
>>
>>44511323
Virt used to avatarfag? Christ. What did he use to represent himself, God? That seems to be his opinion of himself.
>>
>>44513561
Worse: Shitty "joke" MTG cards
>>
>>44510910

>mindshackle one Ethereal
>all the tau faggots have to listen to the ethereal and line up for their own scarabs

Done.
>>
>>44511161

This is even after his public retirement post. Guy's so pathetic he just keep crawling back to a place where he can feel better about himself.

>>44513078

It's one of Virt's old MOs, gaming "elitism."
>>
>>44511807
>>44512182
Everyone knows that giantess/dragon smut is /tg/'s real bonding point.
>>
There's nothing quite so sad as the people who need to defend their style of play, but can't do so in any way except demanding that every style of play should be respected.

This thread triggered these people so hard, and it's depressing to think that these same people are going to try and offer their opinions to other people.
>>
File: Son-this-is-bait.jpg (20 KB, 620x625) Image search: [Google]
Son-this-is-bait.jpg
20 KB, 620x625
>>44516314
>>
>>44516314
THIS
>>
>>44510747
>Why haven't the Necrons enslaved the Tau yet?
Why would they need slaves? Because they made them.
>>
>>44516127
Virt is also a grognard who has been gaming for only 10 years with most of it being AD&D.
>>
>>44516314
>This thread triggered these people so hard
Shaking our heads in disappointment isn't being "triggered", fisherman-san.
>>
>>44516545

That's not a grognard, that's a wannabe.

Virt's actually a hipster. Note how he always bitches about hipsters (that's a red flag that you may be dealing with a hipster) and how casuals and popular media are ruining his thing (another red flag) and how everything was better before people suddenly discovered it because they were told it was cool (so many red flags) and how new people don't respect him enough for how he's paid his dues and don't understand the thing the way that he does. (if there were any more red flags, he'd be Russia in 1920.)
I hope that run-on sentence makes sense, this cold medicine is kicking in hard, and the room is starting to spin ever so gently.
>>
>>44517210
I think he's a different breed. I'm not sure any of his opinions are genuine apart from his desire to stab an elf in the lung and fuck the wound. Most of them seem more designed to be as incendiary as possible, and the persona of weird grog-hipster simply is the one that pissed off as many people as possible.

The deep question here is: Is Virt retarded, or is he pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>44517210
Don't worry, I hear spinning is a good trick
>>
So what if your characters start going directly against the story? What, just tell them, no, you can't?
>>
>>44517502
As a DM? Adapt your shit. As the old example goes, if your players want to fuck off and be pirates and aquire a ship to do so, put your evil temples on some scattered islands and make your liches Atlanteans.
>>
>>44517521
As the DM, yes, but I wasn't disagreeing, I was basically trying to say that I think that players should be able to break the rules of what is set, aslong as it isn't game breakingly different
>>
>>44517600
I've always kind of liked my players breaking things in interesting ways. Sure, I sometimes need to throw a few encounters in the garbage, but it helps my improv skill a hell of a lot. It's almost more fun to GM by the seat of my pants.

I mean sure, there are times when the players don't want to leave the tavern and just do a cooking game and you need to prod a bit, but never very hard and they usually get into it not long after.
>>
>>44517449

The sad part is that he's molded his persona around other people. By trying to be as incendiary as possible, by trying to go against all conventions and make people mad, he's dedicated himself to that service, shackled himself to the dislikes of others. The opposite of convention isn't freedom, it's simply another convention, one dictated by the opposite of convention. By that reasoning, nothing he will ever post is truly original, as it is simply the reflexive opposite of the norm.

In that regard, pretending to be retarded and being retarded are one in the same. Incendiary posts for the sake of incendiary posts as a form of protest against his ordinary existence.
>>
>>44517452
But he has the high ground
>>
>>44510747
Shit man, I always figured the eldar/old ones origin thing was was massive ruse. The eletherals work for the necrons bruh. It dosent make sense but it is better than the BIG E spitting them out of the warp.
>>
>>44510747
Plot armor and just plain why would they? Wouldn't they see things such as labor beneath them and tainting their greatness by just having such shitty creatures around them?
>>
No, it's like seeing a group of people playing baseball with their own special rules, then you running up to them and screaming "HURR DURR YOU IDIOTS ARE DOING IT WRONG, FUC YOU GUYS"
>>
>>44510660
>"failing forward"
Wait, didn't we have a topic about this before quite recently?
>>
>>44510660
MtG is bad and wrong fun to begin with, as are a few other games, but that's the extent of it.
>>
>>44519068
Yes, it's here
>>44413182
>>
Some people like playing all tier 1 classes in 3.5e and fighting CR+5 encounters and barely surviving. Others like using martial a and fighting CR appropriate encounters and barely surviving. It's just personal choice since both of those options are not wrong.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.