[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Thean Tagonist.png (615 KB, 825x1022) Image search: [Google]
Thean Tagonist.png
615 KB, 825x1022
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Being evil and loving it edition.

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44491202
>>
File: 1443070825918.jpg (285 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443070825918.jpg
285 KB, 707x1000
>>44508247
First for returning to professional work today.
>>
Two questions /pfg/

Human, half-elf or elf for Arcanist?

and Bow, Reach, or Two-handed for an inquisitor?
>>
File: 1451599042618.png (1 MB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451599042618.png
1 MB, 800x1000
>>44508305
I gotta do that monday, not looking forward to it.

I am looking forward to my group being on a sane schedule again so I can continue this campaign that we're on.
>>
File: An_Unlikely_Hope_by_Aikurisu.jpg (242 KB, 430x1300) Image search: [Google]
An_Unlikely_Hope_by_Aikurisu.jpg
242 KB, 430x1300
>>44508319
Half-Drow
Your weapon should probably fit well with the rest of your party. What are you playing?
>>
File: workwork1.png (917 KB, 1264x992) Image search: [Google]
workwork1.png
917 KB, 1264x992
>>44507689
You can add multiple magic item effects onto each other, provided you have the time and gp to invest into making such a thing. In this case, it could be a single Type IV ring, then later augmented with Tysouleype III, Type II, and then a Type I. It would total to a cost of 110,500gp, but a small price for all dat magic. Alternatively, it could cost 66,300gp if you were to make it function for a Sin Wizard (Yaaay custom discounting).

On that note,
>>44506354
You can also slap together Amulets of Spell Cunning and Spell Mastery onto your bonded ring for an additional 9 levels of spells. That upgrade should run about an additional 24,000gp.
>>
>>44507225
I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>44508376
The questions are more for a potentially upcoming campaign. It was more from a mechanics perspective for the two questions.
>>
>>44508431
Holy Bow inquisitors are great.
>>
>>44508431
>>44508446
Seconding bows.
>>
Okay, so let's say I want to play a monster as a PC. How do I do this? Do you use their CR or some modification of their CR as a level adjustment, or what?
>>
>>44508446
>>44508473
Holy bow? is that an archetype/other archetypes to take for it? Sanctified Slayer?
>>
>>44508409
Ah thank you. It's one single super ring that cost 162925gp to make (with the spell cunning and spell mastery amulets added). It's simply the Ring of the Arcane.
>>
>>44508563
Sanctified Slayer is pretty good, but base inquisitor is fine for Holy Bow.
>>
>>44508446

> now 2016
> still playing inquisitors

One of the worst classes to play. And I'm not talking about the tier system here, partly because the tiers are bullshit and partly because regardless of their validity, Inquisitor still lacks anything to contribute to any adventuring party that isn't being run by a hipster who is asshurt that he is GMing Pathfinder instead of fucking Dogs in the Vineyard.
>>
>>44508649
I think your analogy fell apart about half way through there bub.
>>
>>44508649
Where did the inquisitor touch you?

I am unsure what you mean though. Inquisitors have plenty to contribute, just as much as say, Alchemists or Magus.
>>
File: Lini-alexandru-sabo.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2400) Image search: [Google]
Lini-alexandru-sabo.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2400
I wanna marry a gnome.
>>
>>44508610

>Ring of "I can't hear you behind all this magic"
But yeah. All the spells. It's one of the very few benefits of having a bonded object. I'm going to be upgrading my Wizard's object in time; hopefully it could hit Artifact Tier depending on how much crap I can pile onto it.
>>
>>44508319
Personally, I just wanna know (from what this anon asked) if Human or Elf would be better for arcanist on 20pb. I'm assuming human, from the con penalty
>>
>>44508781
With 20pb you can get:
10, 12, 14, 18, 10, 7
So either would work.
>>
>>44508781
Exploiter wizard -> Human feat (Extra Arcane Exploit) and use your starting exploit + feat to get back what you traded away as an Exploiter Wizard.
>>
>>44508771
I need a better more intimidating name for a ring that's market price is 300000gp.
>>
>>44508649
Inquisitors are fine, man.

They can fight directly pretty okay, they can support their party pretty okay, they can utility pretty okay...

They're pretty okay all around.

And that's pretty okay.
>>
If I were to get the Pummeling Charge feat, would I have to be an 8th level monk or an 8th level brawler with all those other prerequisites? It says on here that the prerequisites are Improved Unarmed Strike, Pummeling Style; base attack bonus +12, brawler level 8th, or monk level 8th.
>>
>>44508837
What would I get doing this over School Savant?>>44508836
Shouldn't I not dump Charisma?
>>
>>44508907
Yeah, you'd need IUS, pummeling style, and either 12bab or level 8 in either monk or brawler.
>>
Speaking of bow builds, what is would be the best ranged build considering utility it's role of damaging, with and without 3pp? I'd imagine shit like ranger would have great damage, but I question it's utility.
>>
>>44508853

"Ring of the Arcane" seems to be quite fitting thus far since it more or less functions for a prepared Arcane Caster with the Arcane School and Arcane Bond class features; a true Wizard's ring. Depending on the setting and pantheon, perhaps name the ring after a god of magic?
>>
>>44508712

>Inquisitors have plenty to contribute, just as much as say, Alchemists or Magus.

Where did I imply either of those classes were worth shite, either.
>>
>>44508866
>They can fight directly pretty okay, they can support their party pretty okay, they can utility pretty okay...

If you powergame and multiclass, they are about as good as Monk was in 3.5
>>
>>44508853
Not really.

Elminster's pipe was 421,200 gp in 3rd edition, and it was simply called "Elminster's Eversmoking Pipe."
>>
>>44508968
Needs to be more impressive.

Like the Signet Of the Endless Arcane

>>44508978
>>44508998
Well then you're kind of in the wrong place, cuz Alchemists, Magi, and Inquisitors are really nice classes with good options without being overpowered. How are they shit?
>>
>>44508968
The Eye of Nethys might be good, or just Nethys's Blessing.
>>
How do I convince my group Path of War isn't OP? They're accusing me of it being too strong when I used a maneuver, the enemy succeeded the save, and still took a single whole strength damage even after passing.
>>
>>44508966
If you're not a spellcaster you're not having utility. Just go Fighter 20 and embrace being the turret.
>>
>>44508837
Wouldn't you still lose out on the arcane school? I presume you spend an exlpoit for a familiar. School understanding wouldn't give you the same thing, just a limited CHA-based level 1 ability
>>
>>44509036
Path of War CAN be a bit much, and can easily require the DM modifying monsters to ALSO have it, or otherwise have ways of dealing with it, or else they can curbstomp things.

Plus, it can make non-PoW martials obsolete, and forcing THEM to use PoW as well is unfair.
>>
File: Ainlinn Dymytrio.png (2 MB, 2298x2232) Image search: [Google]
Ainlinn Dymytrio.png
2 MB, 2298x2232
https://docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

People commented on the previous version of the Fusilier that it would honestly be better as an initiator archetype rather than an alchemist variant. With how many chances were needed, they were not really wrong.

Here is an Alpha version of the Initiator-based version. Firearms and Bombs based Harbringer.

Comments are appreciated. As was said: It's an Alpha version so I've no illusions that it's fantastic.
>>
>>44508936
Cha isn't really used in a lot of things for the arcanist. Just some exploits that aren't' great to begin with.

It's pretty safe to dump.
>>
>>44509048
What if I'm okay with some casting just not full casting classes? (My last character was a full caster)
>>
>>44509017
Maybe, but I think I may put my character's name in it. He is the level 20 incarnation of a character I played from level 1 to 12, taken to an absolute extreme.
>>
>>44509026
>Alchemists, Magi, and Inquisitors are really nice classes with good options without being overpowered. How are they shit?

They are redundant crap made by caster-happy Paizo devs who can't think of an interesting class that doesn't cast spells.

Mix that by stacking tons of class features on top of D&D's shitty vancian magic system, makes these classes overcomplicated, underpowered, and immature in concept (such as bard and the whole "singing in combat" shit.).
>>
>>44509052
You do lose out on the school, but you can get Quick Study and the ability to boost spells via Arcane Reservoir, which kinda makes up for losing a school.
>>
>>44509243
By 'redundant', do you mean 'isn't a full caster'?

Because yes, when you have full casters, their spellcasting falls behind. But it's a good thing we don't play this game just to be the most uberpowerful minmaxed bastard we can be, right? Or else we'd all be playing Wizards, Clerics, and Arcanists!
>>
How do you convince yourself a character isn't a Mary Sue?

I'm scared my current character is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>44509243
So what should people play then?
Wizards or CoDzilla?
Generic male orphan former merc/guard fighter?
A different game?
>>
>>44509243
>They are redundant crap made by caster-happy Paizo devs who can't think of an interesting class that doesn't cast spells.
>thinks alchemist are redundant

Wait what? They're one of the most unique classes in the system.

>Mix that by stacking tons of class features on top of D&D's shitty vancian magic system, makes these classes overcomplicated, underpowered, and immature in concept (such as bard and the whole "singing in combat" shit.).
You seem to be angry about D&D and Pathfinder in general. If you dislike one of the core concepts that much... why go in the system's general at all?

You just seem to try and be baiting to get a rise out of people. Why are you mad?
>>
>>44509341
Are you using any DSP material? If so, there you go.
>>
>>44509341
Describe them, and we shall impart judgement.
>>
>>44509363
Yeah, all DSP characters are Mary Sues.
>>
>>44509134
Really? I could have sworn it was useful for something else
>>
File: 3DFH1Nb.gif (424 KB, 441x423) Image search: [Google]
3DFH1Nb.gif
424 KB, 441x423
>>44509363
>>44509398
>>
>>44509036
I'd wait for the Broken Sword nerfs
>>
>>44509567
To be fair, Gareth, a large amount of PoW at least sounds snowflakey as fuck.
>>
>>44509423
Arcane pool just increases based off your level. Only some weird DCs from some weird exploits.
>>
>>44509036
I find PoW classes to be far more entertaining to play and that they let the GM get a little more fast and loose with encounters. However, >>44509073 has a point, but it's moreso that 1pp martials aren't powerful/versatile as most folks are lead to believe and PoW classes simply accentuate that fact. I will concede that a couple disciplines do get a little extreme, but those should be under the microscope right now and should be getting the nerf bat accordingly.

Though I am curious about what class in particular you're playing and which discipline/maneuver brought this on?
>>
>>44509380

>Father died in the Mithril Mines
>Mother gave him up to a Holy Order for a goddess associated with Fae
>Was raised up as a temple warrior, showed talent in oratory and poetry
>Didn't have the touch, though
>this frustrated him, spent his days reciting the code and verses of the holy book in the woods
>Someone answered him
>Followed voice to a once-pure spring gone murky with runoff
>It's a Nymph, albeit an emancipated one
>She's been listening to the character for a while now, and told him a way to better understand his training is through good works
>Such as finding her a new spring to live in, she'll even put in a good word for my character with the gods that be.
>This makes an awful lot of sense to my character, given that +18 Diplomacy, and decides to sneak off from the Order to carry out the request of the Nymph.

That's the backstory, and it's established the gods in this case aren't the ones my guy worships, but the pagan Demi-gods traditionally associated with the Sidhe. He's geared up to eventually become a "Fairy" knight and be a sort of bridge between the two worlds.

He's supposed to be a virtuous, honest character, very LG.

The game is PbP sandbox, so me doing solo things is normal.
>>
>>44509631
I was a Stalker/Umbral Blade that used Veiled Moon and Steel Serpent. The specific maneuver that brought this on was Sting of the Asp. They also felt that using Counters was bullshit, especially since I used Veiled Moon ones with an insane Stealth bonus.
>>
>>44509621
Oh. Well shit, screw that then. That was five points I was never gonna need.
>>
>>44509717

>albeit an emaciated one

Autocorrect on phones suck, the runoff was a result of Mithral mining, described as producing toxic byproducts.
>>
>>44509567
Gareth or anybody, can anyone explain what Blade Meditation actually does on a Mystic?

From the way I'm reading you expend 1 animus point as a full round action and get your maneuvers reset for next round, while also dealing 1d6+1d6/2 animus points in your pool.

Is that right?
>>
>>44509717

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Unique enough to be interesting, without being a snowflake. Just don't be overbearing or dive into magic hippy fae faggotry. Just play it straight and it should be fine.

As a side thought, are the Seelie and Unseelie courts part of his areas of worship?
>>
>>44509717

This is not a level 1 character.

This is literally a novel protagonist, somewhere in the second book of his series.
>>
>>44509958
Orphan finds a faerie and does a quest for her is a quest worthy of the second novel in a series?
>>
>>44509883
It's 1d6+1d6/2 damage of your active element type to enemies that attack you in melee, but other than that you are correct.
>>
>>44509991
Danke, the line below confused me, making it sound like you initiated the maneuvers then exploded.

>"As a full round action, a mystic can spend one point of animus to grant herself all her remaining withheld maneuvers, then immediately expend them in a raging cadence of arcane power."
>>
>>44509958
Nah nigga, that's like chapter 3 shit
>Prologue of early childhood
>establishing early characters and other plot points
>meets Nymph and says "sure I'll find you a new home"

not the most complicated senpai
>>
>>44509958
He never said he was level 1.
>>44509991
Is that damage dealt before or after the attack.
>>
>>44510013
Expend =/= initiate

Easy mistake to make, but it's very important to remember.
>>
>>44510013
Expend =/= initiate.

I wonder what it is about this ability specifically that causes so much damn confusion. We've used 'expend' as wording everywhere in this product line - it's in PoW, it's in PoW: E, it's in goddamn LotN. But for some reason, some wretched, mysterious reason, the ONLY PLACE ANYONE IS CONFUSED is Blade Meditation.

This is highly frustrating to me.
>>
>>44509899

Based on his teachings, they're the equivalent of rogue Celestials getting worship by Aasimar - something rehensible and wrong, but not enough to get really upset about.

They listen to prayers a lot more actively than the gods, though, so there's a chance he might shift to them down the road.

>>44509958

For what it's worth, the campaign is E6 so I need to throw in the development right out of the gates.
>>
>>44509735
It sounds to me like your group hasn't grasped the concept of debuffing an enemy before. And do they care about Attacks of Opportunity and think those are bullshit, or even how the Action Economy works? You can get more AoOs with feats and a reasonable Dex; you can't get more than a single Swift Action (an Immediate Action eats up your next turn's Swift Action. I'm sure you already knew that, but it's something worth bringing up).
>>
>>44510036
>>44510071
Eh, to be honest I haven't read anything from PoW, and I've only taken a look at the Mystic. Everything else I understood, and I knew it could've have been initiate all maneuvers because that would've been unbalanced, so I was just double checking.

Thank you thank you.
>>
>>44510033
It doesn't specify, but I'd err on the side of "after the attack resolves" note though that they just have to attack you, not actually hit.
>>
>>44509717
Okay that needs to be fixed up.
Have the "gave him up to a holy order" be about the father. He later EVENTUALLY died in the mithril mines (that's not forced labor, that's just an accident) but she effectively signed him up and got him some low level management position in the holy order so she'd have something to brag about to other housewives.

What the fuck is an emancipated nymph? Is that some kind of sick, twisted "I'm not bridge-collapsingly obese, I'm "big beautiful woman" political-correctness version of her having been motherfucking fugly?
>>
I'll be running Legacy of Fire for my group soon. I'll be making some major changes since it has a few problems with railroading the players and poor adventure pacing.

Does anyone have any advice for it or know of any popular problems that have cropped up during play?
>>
>>44510159

Meant to say emaciated or sickly, and when I said the father died in the mines I did intend on it being a "when he was seven, dad got into an accident at the mines" deal, since the town is has a booming mining industry with all the danger that entails.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>44509717

>Nymph

So you created yourself a low-danger first quest, a future quest giver *and* a potential Cha 25 top shelf waifu?

Fuckin' genius.
>>
>>44508550
P-please respond
>>
>>44508550
We... could if we had an answer.
>>
>>44510483
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/monstersAsPCs.html
>>
File: 1444856200583.jpg (348 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1444856200583.jpg
348 KB, 1280x960
Are there any real rules yet for having a dragon as a PC?

Is taking a dragon as a follower via Leadership worth it, given the inflated level requirement?
>>
>>44508550
You have basically two options:

1) Pick a race that roughly represents the monster type, then add class levels, then add papier-mâché and refluffing and claim that this is the monster

2) Use the really shitty pseudo-rules on http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/monstersAsPCs.html
>>
>>44508319
For Inquisitor, Bow is the best because more attacks = more bonus from Judgement + Bane. Although Reach with Animal Companions / Summon Monster work fine too.
>>
>>44510549
>>44510724
THAT'S the page I was looking for. Those rules seem perfectly well laid-out, aside from the "sometime between the 2nd and 3rd levels" bit being vague.
>>
>>44508550
First, ask the DM. Second, PF says to use their CR as their level, but this can end up pretty stupid, since most monsters have more HD than the PCs at their CR. Then you get into weird abilities, issues with size if you pick something too big or small, etc.

Of course, templates can work out pretty well for a bit of flavor and minor monster abilities.
>>
>>44510948
Are there rules for using templates on PCs like there are for using Monsters as PCs?
>>
>>44509613

I mean... Real life sword techniques sound snowflakey as fuck. I'm not sure if you're trying to imply it's a bad thing, as well.
>>
Found these stats for Cayden, good?
Caiden Cailean
Fighter 20/Duelist 10/Champion 10
CN Medium Outsider (Deity)
Divine Rank 14
Initiative: +34 (Dex +12 Improved Initiative+4 Improved Reaction+4 Duelist Weapon +4 Mythic Initiative +10); Senses True Seeing 120ft, Perception +41
Languages: understand, speak, and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 14 miles
--------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------
AC 69 (+9 armor, +12 Dexterity, +5 dodge, +14 Divine +9 Deflection+20 Natural)
Touch: 40
Flat Footed: 52
DR 49/Epic
Hit Dice: 20d8+200 (outsider) plus 20d10+200 (Fighter) plus 10d10+200 (Duelist) +50 Mythic (1,050 hp)
Saves: Fort +25, Ref +23, Will +17
Resist, fire resistance 34, sonic resistance 34
Immune Divine Immunities: Ability damage, ability drain, acid, cold, death effects, disease, disintegration, electricity, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, banishment
Fast healing 34
Spell Resistance 46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------
Speed: 70 ft. (14 squares)
Melee: Cleverpoint +46/+46/+46/+41/+36 melee (1d6+33 /15–20/x4)
Ranged by weapon +52
Space/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Domain powers, salient divine abilities, spell-like abilities.
Special Qualities: remote communication, godly realm, teleport without error at will, plane shift at will, fast movement, uncanny dodge (cannot be flanked) divine aura (1,400 ft., DC 33).
Spell-like Abilities (CL 16th)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------
Base Attack/CMB: +30/+42; Combat Maneuver Defense: 62
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 34, Con 30, Int 28, Wis 24, Cha 36
>>
>>44511041
Feats: Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Greater Trip, Improved disarm, Greater Disarm, Power Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Weapon Finesse, Greater Weapon Specialization, Devastating Strike, Improved Critical, Point Blank Shot, Improved Vital Strike, Greater Vital Strike, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Feint, Furious Focus, Critical Focus, Bleeding Critical, Stunning Critical, Critical Mastery, Quick Draw, Greater Weapon Focus. Combat Reflexes. Deflect Arrows,
Mythic Feats: Mythic Agile Maneuvers, Mythic Combat Reflexes, Mythic Critical Focus, Mythic Power Attack, Mythic Improved critical.
Skills: (350 Skill Points) Acrobatics +45(30), Bluff +46 (30) Craft+27(15), Climb +23(10), Diplomacy +28(15) Escape Artist +45(30), Fly +32(20), Intimidate +31(15), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +27(15), Knowledge (History) +25(15) Knowledge (Arcana) +19(10) Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +27 (15), Knowledge (Religion) +27(15), Perception +41(30), Perform+31(15) Ride +20(5), Sense Motive +41(30), Sleight of hand+27(15) Survival +26(15), Swim +33(20)
Salient Divine Abilities: Alter Reality, Alter Size, Area Divine Shield, Avatar Divine Blast, Divine Blessing (Strength), Divine Fast Healing, Divine Inspiration (Courage) Divine Shield, Divine Weapon Focus (Rapier) Extra Energy Resistance (sonics), Gift of Life. Water to Beer.
>>
>>44511029
Nowhere near as badly as PoW stuff.
>>
>>44511041
Domain Powers: Cast chaos spells at +1 caster level; cast good
Spells at +1 caster level; 14/day reroll a die roll once after it is made
Spell-Like Abilities: Caiden Cailean uses these abilities as a 24th-level caster, except for chaos spells and good spells, which he uses as a 25th level caster. The save DCs are 33 + spell level. Aid, animate objects, blade barrier, break enchantment, Cat’s grace, chaos hammer, cloak of chaos, dispel evil, dispel law, endure elements, entropic shield, holy aura, holy smite, holy word, magic circle against evil, magic circle against law, magic vestment, miracle, mislead, protection from elements, protection from evil, protection from law, righteous might, shatter, spell immunity, spell turning, stoneskin, summon monster IX (as chaos or good spell only), word of chaos.
A Pint of cold one: Caiden can summon anytime, one pint of any size he wants, with beer of the best quality.
Fighter (free hand) and Duelist Features: Deceptive Strike, Weapon Mastery, Reversal, Interference, Timely Tip, Singleton +3, Elusive +5
Canny defense, Improved Reaction +4, Parry, Enhanced Mobility, Riposte, Grace, Acrobatic Charge, Elaborate Defense, No Retreat, Crippling Critical.
Standard Mythic Features: Hard to Kill (Ex) Amazing initiative, surge +1d12, legendary hero, Unstoppable, Force of will, Mythic saves, Recuperation, Mythic Power (20/day)
Champion Features: Fleet Charge, Mythic Weapon training, punishing blow, imprinting hand, Maximized Critical, Incredible Parry, Elemental Fury, Fleet Warrior, Precision, Shatter Spells, impossible speed, Legendary Champion.
>>
>>44508247
Building a Gnome Spiritualist for a level 2 one-shot. Hatred phantom.

Since we're apparently prisoners on a boat, I must ask - could the Phantom cut her bonds with its Slam attack?

Also, can creepy people be LG? Nothing That Guy-tier, but just prone to legitimately unsettling turns of phrase.
>>
>>44509341
If nothing is ever his fault, everyone flocks to support you no matter what you have done. You always have the perfect solution, and their is nothing that can threaten you in anyway. Then and only then are you Mary Sue.
>>
>>44511075
Path of War shit is more generic than Tome of Battle. Refluffing is a thing as well.

Also Marry Sue!=Snowflake.
>>
I want to marry a bardadin
>>
>>44511041
Possessions: Caiden’s Rapier Cleverpoint, is an adamantine +5 Duelist Rapier. Cleverpoint is intelligent, with Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores of 24. It can speak and communicate telepathically. It has a chaotic Neutral alignment and has the following special powers, usable at will: detect lawful evil alignment, find traps, detect magic, locate object (120-foot radius), and true seeing. It also can use detect thoughts three times per day. Cleverpoint has a special purpose to slay lawful evil aberrations. When the sword strikes such a
Creature, it must make a Will save (DC 23) or die.
Caster Level: 20th; Weight: 6 lb.
Caiden’s Armor is +5 Mitral Heavy Fortification Chainshirt and casts overland flight. Freedom of movement and haste at will.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
Other Abilities
As an intermediate deity, Caiden automatically receives a die result of
20 on any check. He treats a 1 on a saving throw or attack roll normally and not as an automatic failure. He is immortal.
Senses: Caiden can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of fourteen miles. As a standard action, he can perceive anything within fourteen miles of his worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of his titles or name was spoken in the last hour. He can extend his senses to up to ten locations at once. He can block the sensing power of deities of his rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 14 hours.
Portfolio Sense: Caiden senses any act of courage the instant it happens and retains the sensation for fourteen weeks after the event occurs. He is likewise aware of any Beverage Festival and any outstanding achievement of Drinking
>>
>>44509341
A character in an RPG CAN'T be a Mary Sue unless your GM is just letting you do what you want how you want, with no questions.
>>
>>44510937
The problem with them is laid out in >>44510948. Basically, CR-as-level is all over the place because monsters have CR all over the place.

Consider, say, playing a dragon using CR-as-level, which'd turn out to be way better than all PCs you could put together at that level, since you have a ton of "perfect" HD (maxed HP/saves/BAB, good skills) on top of huge stat adjustments, plus a bunch of special abilities and spellcasting progression.

>>44510997
No, but that usually a lot easier to eyeball, since templates generally have smaller effects.

The easy way is to treat it like level adjustment from 3.5 including the LA buyoff rules (which is basically "spend XP or GP to reduce LA by 1/2/3 at given levels).

Then just figure out how many class levels a template is equivalent to based on your character. This will sometimes but not even close to always be the same as the CR adjustment.
>>
>>44511041
Automatic Actions: Caiden can use any Strength- or Dexterity related skill as free action if the DC for the task is 25 or lower. To use a skill as a free action, Caiden must have ranks in the skill, or the skill must be usable untrained.
>>
>>44511154
Dude, fucking pastebin a link or something, don't clog the thread with fuckhuge paragraphs.
>>
>>44511146
Don't be lewd anon.
>>
>>44511041
What does tg think of this?
>>
>>44509717
He has flaws. So I would say he is not a mary sue.
>>
>>44511146
>>44511180

I'm pretty sure the lewdest gestalt you can create is Alchemist/Wizard.
>>
>>44511041
>>44511208
It looks like it's trying to use some weird mix of 3.5 Demigods and PF Mythic rules, so I can't figure out what the fuck.

Trying to stat up gods is stupid as fuck, and trying to use class levels to do it is even stupider.

If you're going to stat a god, AT LEAST make them a unique monster, instead of just dumping on a bunch of preexisting shit. 'Pick options from a menu' is the least inspiring version of divine creatures ever.
>>
>>44511208
I think it takes up a lot of space.
>>
>>44511245
>not being an Arcanist/Psychic
>>
>>44511245
how is an alch/wizard lewd?
>>
>>44511315

Drugs and magic.
>>
>>44511262
How would you do it?
>>
File: 1444581352176.jpg (36 KB, 380x438) Image search: [Google]
1444581352176.jpg
36 KB, 380x438
>>44511310

>Arcanist/Psychic

>She knows everything you want, EVERYTHING
>She can make it reality
>>
>>44511075
Well, it's fantasy. It's gonna be slightly more over the top. Medieval fencing manuals have stuff like the following as sword techniques:

>Murderstroke (German)
>From the Day (German)
>From the Roof (German)
>Iron Gate (German)
>Guard of Wrath (German)
>The Three Wonders (German, describing principle manuevers)
>Stance of the Falcon (Italian)

Just off the top of my head. I haven't done a lot of study into it. I bet there's more, and I'd love to look into Asian sword technique names at some point. I personally like the flowery names that PoW and ToB had, and think that it makes sense in-universe for martial stuff to get cool names like magic stuff does.
>>
>>44511331
I would pick up a baseball bat and beat the shit out of anyone who wanted to play above level 20 in a 3.X-based system, thereby removing the need to ever stat up a deity.
>>
>>44511265
So does your face
>>
>>44511360
Because no fun allowed!
Remove yourself you fucker
>>
Why are you statting a god anyways?
>>
>>44511360
Ow the edge
>>
>>44511331
Pull a Demon Souls

If you want to stat up a deity, just use one of their avatars. Have the player kill that, then find the real diety which is really some helpless animal/object/macguffin.
>>
>>44511383
Playing at those levels isn't fun in the first place, anon. It's tedious makework.

Play Nobilis instead, it's a game that actually works at cosmic power levels.
>>
>>44511447
What would a bard-a-din sing going into battle anyways? Holy Hymns? Battle chants?
>>
>>44511648
Dio.
>>
>>44511648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Alternatively, acapella videogame boss fight music.
>>
Should a single magic item with multiple auras of the same type stack and make it a stronger aura? Like if I make a custom item with LOTS of transmutation spells on it should it have a single large transmutation aura or many small ones?
>>
>>44511681
I mean i unironically used that as inspire courage less session for the bard-a-din
>>
>>44511699
no. it should just noticeably display the auras.
>>
>>44511648
Lewd tunes.
>>
>>44511752
last session
>>
>>44511792
>A bard whose Perform Oratory is them moaning sensually.
>>
>>44509036
Ask them if they'd care so much if you were a spellcaster who did 1 strength damage with a spell.
>>
>>44511909
inb4 they respond "ALL DAY"
>>
How do I, a mere novice DM, ensure that my campaign doesn't fuggin suck?!
I'm picking it up from a 4-month hiatus next week and fuck me I'm uncertain about it.
>>
>>44509036
>OR you could've full attacked like any other class and killed the fucker dead
>OR instead of 1 strength you could've put an entire squad to sleep and coup-de-graced them
>>
>>44511041
>CN Medium Outsider
>CN
I see a problem.
>>
What are the best metamagic feats to take with Sacred Geometry? Not really sure which ones make good choices here and which don't.
>>
>>44511931
They did. They claimed I could spam them because I have to spend an action to recover stuff. Also claimed that Veiled Moon doesn't make sense as a regular warrior, but that's my fault.
>>
>>44512061
Just don't use sacred geometry. Casters are powerful enough without that pure bullshit being added to it
>>
>>44512061
Mythic metamagics.
>>
Oy, DSP guys! Question about something I saw while absent-mindedly flipping through UPsi. The Mobile Blade (Xeph marksman archetype) gets extra uses of its racial Burst power as it levels. What happens if you take the racial ability to trade off Burst (for knife proficiency, ironically)? Do you start gaining Bursts at those levels, or does it become a dead ability?
>>
Quick, /pfg/, I need to know about the best Sorcerer bloodline for Transmutation!
>>
>>44512181
Arcane.
>>
>>44511360
Why the fuck are you even here you colossal piece of shit
>>
>>44512145
It's dead, jim.
>>
>>44512066
Show them Bloodborne hunters fighting. That's the best I can think to represent Veiled Moon on a mumdane warrior. Especially Gehrman or Maria, since they seem most likely to do the teleport dash.
>>
>>44512066
Were you billing yourself as a "regular warrior? Probably best not to make that comparison.

If your party has a full caster maybe point out when the last time the spellcaster ever ran out of spells was. I'd put money on " never."

Alternatively, have 'em come round and ask me questions. I'm always happy to help teach people how to play with PoW materials.
>>
>>44512131
Assuming Mythic material is right out, what then?
>>
What are some nasty things I can give people using Beguiling Gift? Bonus points if they're cheap.
>>
>>44512066
>They claimed I could spam them because I have to spend an action to recover stuff
Now tell them how many rounds a single enemy would have to last for that to really make a difference
>>
>>44512301
>maybe point out when the last time the spellcaster ever ran out of spells was. I'd put money on " never."

Yes, this is good.'

>>44512061
>Sacred Geometry

Fuck you.
>>
>>44512435
A lit gunpowder bomb.
>>
>>44512435
>nasty
>cheap
Your mom?

How about curse items? A gem with Trap the Soul on it? Items with contact poison on it? Vial of Green Slime, then cast Shatter on it?
>>
What would you guys think about:
A Dex/Cha Paladin-Ninja who fights with a rapier.
>>
>>44510577
There is a third party book, it has a race of small dragons and a racial class to turn them into full dragons:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/dragon-taninim
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/rite-publishing/draconic-exemplar
Guy in my group uses it. It's actually pretty balanced.

Also third party there's a class that gets a dragon mount at level one:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/dragonrider
>>
>>44512617
Ninj-a-din

SOUNDS LEWD
>>
>>44512617
Really hard to build to not be shit.

Just use PoW instead and mix the paladin-style and ninja-style disciplines.
>>
>>44512668
It's that bad, eh?
I've never even looked at PoW before and I'm not sure if my GM would want me straying from the simpler stuff too much.
>>
>>44512738
ninja is awful you'd have better luck just going unchained rogue/paladin
>>
>>44512617
I'm so goddamn sick of people talking about fucking Paladins. I'm so tempted to use an incredibly idiotic term, but fuck it.

Paladins are a fucking meme class. Lawful Good is shitty meme alignment.

I just need to get that off my chest.

Anyway, Dex Warlord with unorthodox method to get Silver Crane. Or Tradition Silver Crane and Unorthodox Method Veiled Moon.

Done.
>>
>>44512764
You're a meme class.
>>
>>44512752
You could probably just ask to be an 'unchained' ninja and get dex to damage like UC rogues.
>>
>>44512764
Next you are going to tell me Hellknights and other alignment restricted classes are for memes only too.
>>
>>44512842
Oh oh oh!
ALIGNMENTS are a shitty meme!
I'm callin it!

damnit captcha that's fish not steak!
>>
>>44512878
Fish steak.
>>
>>44512738
Paladin class itself is OK (especially with the right archetypes, like Sacred Servant), but ninja is terrible, and trying to make a Dex-based Paladin is a recipe for failure unless you really know how to finesse the mechanics.

The PoW classes basically play like gish-lite classes. Think like Magus or Duskblade, except instead of spells they get less flexible "maneuvers" that recharge per encounter.

Most manevuers are nonmagical special attacks/defenses ("attack twice and take the higher result", "use a skill check instead of a save, that kind of thing), but some give you outright magical stuff. For example, Veiled Moon has a bunch of magic stuff, and Silver Crane is ersatz paladin (you can even get Detect Evil from it).

Since most of your combat power comes from maneuvers, you don't have to worry much about your base stats as long as you can hit in the first place, so you can focus on Dex and then mix Silver Crane and Veiled Moon stuff without the stat-building gymnastics you would otherwise need to deal damage with the normal martial classes.
>>
>>44512842
Alignment is a shitty idea as a hard game mechanic and Alignment Restricted Classes is an even stupider idea, second only to Racial Restricted Classes that aren't dependent on the unique physiology of the race

So yes, yes I am.
>>
Hey guys, I've found out how to make Barbaradins. DSP has a psionic race, the maenad, that can be lawful barbarians. LG Barbarian/Paladin is a go.
>>
>>44512878
>>44512900
Damn foresight wizards!
>>
Quick substitute for Shunpo?
>>
File: 1418010964788.jpg (877 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1418010964788.jpg
877 KB, 1600x1600
>>44512662

>Slayer/Brawler
>Become pic related
>>
>>44512900
listen here you little shit.

Paladins are awesome SPECIFICALLY because they are alignment restricted. The fact that they HAVE to be lawful good or else is what makes them interesting. Please go fuck yourself.
>>
>>44512629
The thing that bothers me about that class is that you can only get a breath weapon X/day.

That's silly.
>>
>>44512914
Or you could play a Primal Fury/Silver Crane Warlord.
>>
>>44512900
>No, you can't be an alchemist specializing in fire damage/fire bombs, you're not even a goblin!

Fuck this business. Fuck it inside out.
>>
>>44512951
Paladins in 4e and 5e are just as cool, so... No. What makes a paladin interesting is the unyielding resolve to follow their cause and ideals and code, whatever they are.
>>
>>44512993
No. They aren't. Both 4e and 5e suck.

The fact that everyone else is just tossing shit everywhere, being retarded, and that playing this class forces you to be above that bullshit is what makes it great. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>44512975
Poor substitution to the sheer awesome that is the palabarian

Also, quick poll:
palabarian or barbaradin?
I like both, but the second is to similar to bardbarians and bardadins.
>>
>>44513018
>4e sucks
Haha
ha
ok.

>5e sucks
It's got major flaws but it's a better game than this one.

Don't get my wrong, Pathfinder's fun. There's a reason I play four editions of D&D including it. But you crack me up, anon.
>>
File: Hellodarkness.jpg (33 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
Hellodarkness.jpg
33 KB, 500x386
>mfw first character death was also a TPK
>mfw died to the RotRL goblin druid's animal companion
>mfw getting fucked over by dice in a two-person party
>mfw GM thought it was lame, but wasn't sure if it was worth pulling GM fiat to have Shalelu pop out of nowhere to save our asses when we were only

I knew switching to medium exp track was a mistake, but it's too late now. On the bright side, we were only going to go until we beat Nualia anyway.

On that train of thought, tell me about your first character death, /pfg/
>>
>>44512900
>Alignment is a shitty idea as a hard game mechanic
I agree. Because it's handled so inconsistently between games, it creates so many goddamn arguments as a result it becomes borderline useless.
>>44512993
>the unyielding resolve to follow their cause and ideals and code, whatever they are.
>not Lawful
...I guess?
Man, I'd enjoy alignments a lot more if they had a meaningful effect on the game besides a few spells and classlocks.
>>
>>44513047
Barbaradin. Their similarities in naming add to the humor.
>>
>>44512764
>>44512898
Alternatively you could look at stalker with the brutal slayer archetype, and maybe look into the bushi class templates with the silver crane tradition for a more rogue/ninja-y feel than paladin.

who needs dex to attack/damage when you could get str to ac and reflex from class features as well as wis to initiative and reflex again.
>>
>>44513076
especially the fact that Barbadins are lewd fucking skanks are bardadins are pure and chaste.

Bardbarians are obviously the sex maniacs.
>>
>>44512993
>What makes a paladin interesting is the unyielding resolve to follow their cause and ideals and code, whatever they are.
Anon you drank too much coolaid. You lost the ability to understand language.
That is not what paladin means. Paladin means champion of good and law. Other codes and ideals can fuck off and find their own words for their less awesome champions.
>>
>>44513067

>I'd enjoy alignments a lot more if they had a meaningful effect on the game besides a few spells and classlocks.

They do if you play Planescape.

Which you should.
>>
>>44513067
Resolve doesn't have to do with law. You can be chaotic and have resolve to do what you think you should do, or have promised to do. Someone with a personal code they never break can be pretty much any alignment, depending on their outlook on life (although is generally Lawful).
>>
Time to post some Paladin-Pasta.

There is none of that, "Oh well if you're truly sorry, there's nothing I can do." horseshit. No, he coup de graces your ass because he's a goddamn paladin. His job is killing evil. You know what his job doesn't entail? Being a sympathetic ear for every whiny NE or CN or LE douchebag who's only being evil because the world is unfair to him or every punk that lets his own dislikes or laziness overcome his own personality. You know what unfair is? Being able to know what kind of person everyone is before you even talk to them. Smelling evil so potent on a motherfucker that you want to sink your fingers in his chest and pull that tar out until the screaming stops. Having the psychotic urge to murder people that you've never even met, for the sole reason that your God decided that you ought to be his right hand without your choice in the matter, that's unfair.

But unlike Evil McBlacknails over there, that Paladin puts on his helmet, sharpens his sword, and then continues walking through crowds of people day by day, resisting the urge. Seeing evidence of injustice so black it makes him sick. Seeing murderers and rapists walk the street, watching good men hang as evil ones pull the lever. Saving his righteous violence for when the situation exactly, specifically, precisely calls for it. Surgically removing that which is most evil. Because he's a Paladin. And if he gave in to the urge, what would he be? Who will right the true wrongs if not he? It's not about not falling as a Paladin. It's about falling so fucking hard you crash through the planet and stand up on the other side.'
>>
>>44513102
Everyone knows Bardadins are the lewdest. If they act chaste its only to cover up how truly lewd they are.
>>
>>44513094
>>44512898
Thanks, I'll check these out.
>>
>>44513104
That's not what paladin means. A paladin is one of the Twelve Peers in Charlemagne's court, if you want to go by original definitions.

If you want to go by earlier gameplay stuff, paladin has meant a lot of things, and they could be of alternate alignments for years before PF came around.
>>
>>44511342

I cringe whenever I see the English translations of the German cuts/stances. Help, I'm a deutchaboo.
>>
File: Kaga.png (191 KB, 271x734) Image search: [Google]
Kaga.png
191 KB, 271x734
>>44513067
>Man, I'd enjoy alignments a lot more if they had a meaningful effect on the game besides a few spells and classlocks.
I certainly wouldn't, because in the hands of a game with lots of human involvment and interpretations of morality it never works out well. If you have "alignment" it should be something objective(using OBJECTIVE FUCKING WORDING NOT GOOD AND EVIL) and unattached to morality.
>>the unyielding resolve to follow their cause and ideals and code, whatever they are.
Resolve and Consistency aren't lawful. Their traits of a sane, healthy, and brave human being.

Law is adherence to Hierarchy for Hierarchy's sake.

Ring of Gaea from SMT is a great example of Chaotic People who have resolve and consistency. They're also one of the reasons why I think Lawful only monks are fucking stupid.
>>
>>44512435
Cursed Item. Just voluntarily fails spellcraft check.
>>
Alignment isn't good for mortal races.
Alignment is good for beings from beyond the material plane.
Really alignment for mortals should be 'Such and such race has a strong preference towards X alignment.'
>>
>>44513047
I like the second more for a class name, the first sounds more like an ethnicity or region.

He comes from the frigid north of Palabaria.
>>
File: 1451512389375.jpg (401 KB, 400x920) Image search: [Google]
1451512389375.jpg
401 KB, 400x920
>>44513239
Man I'd love to play in an SMT setting.
Preferably one of the first two.
>>
>>44513342
Palabria is totally a Mediterranean region, not a frozen wasteland.
>>
>>44513239
>Law is adherence to Hierarchy for Hierarchy's sake.
So what does that make Chaos, Anarchy for Anarchy's sake?
This issue with definition is exactly why I have such issues with it as it is, and I agree that we should probably go to sheer Law versus Chaos with Law and Chaos having palpable effect.
Law tends to restrict variety for the sake of efficiency, while Chaos tends to sacrifice efficiency for the sake of versatility.
That's how I'm reading into it, but again, this is why I don't like its general use in the games, because everyone says, 'nuh uh, this is what Law/Chaos/Evil/Good is!'
>>
>>44513239
>If you have "alignment" it should be something objective(using OBJECTIVE FUCKING WORDING NOT GOOD AND EVIL) and unattached to morality.
What my group's been doing has been the reverse- assuming that "Good" and "Evil" in this universe are names for the objective forces, energies, and powers they're associated with, rather than saying that said powers and energies are good or evil as we know them.
>>
>>44512993
As someone who played both 3.5, 4th and Pathfinder Paladins, no.
No they are not.
>>
>>44513368
>The regions of Palabaria and Palabria never got along, most likely due to their near-identical names.
>>
I hate that people don't really portray the struggle between Law and Chaos as one as big as Good and Evil in most campaigns. I actually recently did a Law vs Chaos champaign where the party was lawful and the antagonists were chaotic.
>>
>>44513434
Case in point: Calabria is a region in Southern Italy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabria
>>
>>44513357
I know man. Too bad I can't think of any good systems to do it.
>>44513392
That was shitty on my part. But yeah, we shouldn't make stuff that still basically runs on "tummy feels" hard mechanics in a flexible game.
>>44513396
Just call them Light and Darkness.
>>
File: 1451693431086.png (40 KB, 228x316) Image search: [Google]
1451693431086.png
40 KB, 228x316
>>44513550
>You and your party will never battle against the greatest BBEG
>>
>>44513457
It's honestly hard to do both at the same time, because you inevitably end up having one "be Evil" and another "be Good" in tabletop because the party has to always stay on the same page. In SMT it's fun and dramatc, in tabletop it's almost always known as "a shit storm that ends friendships".

Unless the theme is "Law and Chaos team up in the buddy film of the century to shit on disgusting Neutrals"
>>
>>44513457

Would you say the Night Watch series does a good job of balancing law and chaos, if you've read it?
>>
>>44511342
This. Real world MA have plenty of fancy names, the magic spell list is full of it too and yet only PoW/ToB gets flak for it. I chart it down to the narrow world view of white trash who complain about anything sounding foreign though to be fair, many flowery names don't translate well to english without sounding overly elaborate or silly.
>>
>>44513632
Honestly Law vs Chaos tends to be more methods rather than goal

Good and Evil tend to have goals, Law tends to not have a goal insofar as it demands a method, Chaos tends not to have specific goals insofar as it rejects restriction

LG and CG often have differing methods towards the same goal, whereas CG and CE have wildly differing goals but may be similar in some beliefs
>>
>>44513632
I had it as "be lawful" and "be chaotic".

The party were a LG, 2 LN and a LE.
>>
/pfg/, excluding RotRL and Shattered Star from consideration, give me three APs to suggest to my GM to try for our 1-1 sessions.
>>
>>44513717
Law's goal is "maintain order" and chaos's goal is "create freedom" more or less.
>>
>>44513632
>Neutral
>disgusting

You take that back, you extremist.
>>
>>44513789
SKULLS AND SHACKLES
>>
>>44513789
RoW, Iron Gods, I hear Mummy's Mask is okay, same with Giantslayer.
>>
>>44513833
>mfw never see Mummy's Mask mentioned in the Worst Timeline where all the AP's failed
>>
File: confused archen.gif (217 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
confused archen.gif
217 KB, 500x281
>>44514607
>I forgot my face
>>
>>44514607
Mummy's Mask is kind of important though, since Hakotep has to raise an army capable of fighting a godspawn AND an army of cyberdemons controlled by Unity.
>>
>>44514607
It's not in any screencaps or whatever, but basically the Sky Pharaoh takes over Osirion, and probably Katapesh since it would have been weakened by the Xotani shenanigans. I'm gonna say he'd ally with his undead peers in Geb and the Whispering Way to help free the Whispering Tyrant and usher in a new age of undeath/repel the other powerful assholes taking the stage. All in all it's not as severe as demons everywhere, winter everywhere, and an infectious religion, but it's still a growing threat to Northern Garund and potentially the whole of Golarion.
>>
>>44514607
Best guess: Sky Pharoah awakens, sees demon shit happening, realizes he can't regain a foothold as a ruler while this is going on, joins the Karzoug alliance with his sick flying pyramids.

Giantslayer: same thing, except the Storm Tyrant initially joins with the demons, but realizes how fucked this leaves the rest of his people almost too late, causing him to join the alliance, but with a greatly diminished army.

Hell's Rebels: Thrune lets Bazzy go through with his plan to become a landkin, as this would give the alliance an effectively impregnable base of operations, but there are some sheltered cunts opposed to it because they literally cannot look past their own little universe. Rebellion is quickly quashed, genius loci established.

Hell's Vengeance: Too early to say, but I guess the PCs win?

...I've thought about this for a bit.
>>
>>44514607
Is that a thing? Where's that at?
>>
>>44514816
According to the "what if the PCs lose?" for Giantslayer, the Storm Tyrant is such small potatoes he would actually lose his cool flying castle to someone more evil, quite possibly Skirtatla, the Urgathoa-worshiping Frost Giant Graveknight he allied with, and she's in real good with the Whispering Way, which points you back to >>44514790
>>
>>44514884
Screencap gets posted every now and again here in /pfg/ but I don't have it.
>>
File: 1414431131062.jpg (31 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1414431131062.jpg
31 KB, 292x257
>>44514816
>mfw hell's rebels failing is actually the best case scenario here
>>
>>44514816
>>44514781
Forgot about Unity. I'd say that's why most of the Storm Tyrant's army is gone when he joins the alliance: they were too weak willed to resist Unity's influence, so they got sucked into the demon army and made into tech-giants.

..shit, orcs on annihlators would actually be a thing in this!
>>
>>44514987
You love it, though.
>>
>>44515003
The whole idea is so cool. The world is hardfucked even without the demon army, that just makes it orders of magnitude worse when everything is accompanied by fucking cyberdemons.

At least all the elves are dead.
>>
So wait, who takes more precedent, UNity or the Worldwound?

The Worldwound is pretty End Game, but Unity mind controls everyone and demons aren't immune to that.

Does Unity convert the demon to his worship?
>>
>>44515147
Specifically the cyberdemons in numeria. I'd imagine there's a contingent of Unity-infected numerians who also escaped before it went nuclear and have been spreading it to humans, so Unity could be its own faction.
>>
>>44514607
It's pretty minor. I'd guess that if it goes well for Hacky, Osirion under his rule would probably be a place for PCs to come from. He'd have to fight against the Serpentfolk resurgence, mainly.

Skull and Shackles might be even more minor, thinking about it.
>>
>>44515147
Conceivably. Is it based on a Will save or is it full-stop? If it's just a binary thing then none of the worst timeline stuff matters, because it just turns into Unity timeline.
>>
>>44514951
Yeah, thinking about it, that seems the more likely conclusion, putting pressure on two fronts for the alliance, making my proposed ending for Rebels that much more important for them to pull off.

The Storm Tyrant does have the Red Orb or Dragonkind, though, and I seriously doubt he'd let go of that without a fight, potentially giving the alliance an army or red dragons (albeit with mostly ineffectual breath weapons), OR the undead alliance a LOT of new zombie material. I'd prefer to err on the side of diminished hope in this scenario than outright despair, but the latter would make Bazzy's ascention that much more triumphant of a victory for humanity.
>>
>>44515194
Literally nothing happens in Skulls and Shackles. Council of Thieves has more world relevance.
>>
>>44515194
Skulls & Shackles results in Chelish control over the Shackles, its one of the least important outcomes of all bad ends.
>>
>>44515214
Okay, according to the book he's a little bit better, but still.

What If the PCs Lose? If the PCs fail to stop Volstus,
the Storm Tyrant realizes he needs to start his war, if
only to def lect attention off himself personally. He first
orders the orc hordes to overrun Lastwall. This leaves
Gallowspire unprotected (which is significant if Skirkatla
survives). Volstus next shifts his attention to Nirmathas,
and then Molthune. During each conquest, the Tyrant
recruits aquatic giants to seize control of the waterways.
Volstus has seen how the Worldwound crusades are
supplied by river traffic, and so forces the smaller races
to march overland to oppose him. Emissaries invite stone
giants from the Storval Plains to join the Tyrant’s budding
giant empire. Left unchecked, Volstus conquers Avistan
and holds his new domain until a threat beyond the Storm
Tyrant’s means to combat or control is loosed. This threat
may be an awakened runelord, or even a returned Tar-
Baphon. With Volstus still too depleted of resources to
combat such a foe, the continent’s yoke passes from one
tyrant to a far worse one.
>>
>>44515228
Gives the alliance a huge archipelago to fall back to if shit gets even worse, as well as an army of cannibals and Khorne in demon form who doesn't care where the blood comes from (Moxix).
>>
>>44515285
...But the fact remains, he's not hot shit enough to deal with a Runelord (of which there is definitely one running around this timeline) or Tar-Baphon (who is at least close to being free thanks to all the other shenanigans).
>>
>>44515285
So basically he fucks up the crusades and spreads himself too thin, both of which are the worst things he could do shortly before the worldwound explodes.

Or, he's a dick and tries to ally with the demons by overrunning Lastwall in conjunction with the demons, which collapses an entire half of the alliance's defenses.
>>
>>44515304
I'm sorry, it's not a mystical control of all things in the Shackles, it's political. The Thrice-Damned House of Thrune holds no sway over unique demons or Kuru-making demigods. They might be able to convince the pirates to help them, however?
>>
>>44515304
>>44515333
Which alliance are you talking about, by the way? At first I thought you meant the evil asshole alliance in Varisia but are you talking about the Inner Sea Alliance from the bad end of Wrath of the Righteous?
>>
>>44515329
There are two at minimum, three if you count Krune in PFS, coming up on four at the end of Shattered Star with Zutha, plus Xin and his clockwork army.
>>
>>44515285
Worldwound is already fucked at this point, as the original Worst Timeline assumed each AP happened in order and the next one compensated for the changes. Volstus's army would get Unity-fucked well before he hits Avistan, as well as pinned between two massive armies. At that point, he has a choice to make, and the only ones that leaves him in a position to regain his power are joining the alliance or Tar-Baphon. I don't believe I ever quite said that he was a super big threat, just that he had a lot of toys and influence that makes him more than one, and who he goes or falls to can tip the odds more favorably in their direction.
>>
>>44515429
>if you count Krune in PFS

I don't want to count that Krune.
>>
>>44515381
No, I'm talking about evil-asshole alliance, since them opposing the demons and effectively championing humanity makes them the "good guys" in this scenario, despite how evil they actually are.
>>
>>44515381
Well, there's two of them. The Inner Sea Alliance is Andoran, Cheliax, and Taldor (the countries closest to the inner sea) covers the right side of Lake Encarthan which is the Kyonin-Galt area.The West Encarthan Confederacy is Lastwall, Molthune, and Nirmathas and covers the left side of Lake Encarthan. That particular alliance gets fucked over because of the destruction of Lastwall by an army of giants.

Although Cheliax also gets fucked over by the endings of 3 or 4 APs, at least until Bazzy Thrune becomes Cheliax itself.
>>
>>44515518
Cheliax actually bounces back pretty well, all things considered.
>>
>>44515518
>tfw bazzy really is the hero Golarion needs
>>
>>44515580
The hero Golarion needs is clearly a bard-a-din
>>
File: 1373333365505.jpg (474 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1373333365505.jpg
474 KB, 1200x1000
>>44515625
Lewd
>>
>>44515650
>I smite evil
>with my penis
>Damage converts to pleasure in sex-combat right?
>>
I have a question on creating a creature from nearly scratch. I'm curious if the Asura subtype adds anything to the CR and is each HD = to one CR level or how does HD affect the CR. Would an Outsider (Asura) that has 10HD and a barbarian, would it be a CR 13 or would it be something different?
>>
>>44515429
>tfw Sorshen lives
>at his height Tar-Baphon was getting his knowledge and lore from Thassilon, and Sorshen is one of the two strongest

She's basically the big wild card. Could probably body any one threat solo if she had to, let alone just using magic to supplant whoever she feels like supplanting.
>>
>>44515732
It really depends on what other abilities they have. Reading the Asura racial abilities it seems like it's cr would be less than its hd if that's all you're giving it.
>>
>>44515732
Bestiary pg 291 says that a 10HD Outsider would be CR 8, but that's assuming you give it some abilities to justify it. If you wanted a CR 13 it would have to have 18HD.

Subtype abilities shouldn't affect it's CR enough to raise or lower it. Keep in mind if it's supposed to be a combat heavy creature, you should give it a couple extra HD to let it last longer along with a decent STR and CON.
>>
>>44509717
it's like the MC of feng shen ji without the "oh i'm also an asshole prince who accidentally bodyhopped into a commoner during an uprising" thing.
>>
>tfw your party's oracle just got reincarnated as a gnome
>tfw gnomes are one of your magical realms
>tfw you're sexually attracted to her now

Help me, /pfg/. Everyone's even making jokes about her head being at perfect dick height now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.