[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would a dragon that took levels in Bard be like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
What would a dragon that took levels in Bard be like?
>>
Like Sean Connery singing to that lady in the movie dragonheart.

Still getting all the bitches
>>
File: PS4AM8g.gif (299 KB, 294x266) Image search: [Google]
PS4AM8g.gif
299 KB, 294x266
>>44506778
>>
>>44506822
I now want to see a dragon with Sean Connery's voice singing. I want this and will throw money at it till I get it.
>>
>>44506861
Dude.
It IS a thing.
Go watch Dragonheart.
>>
It would be furry level.
>>
>>44506861
We just said it was a thing. Go watch Dragonheart.

Think it has a sequel, that isn't as good because no Sean Connery, but it's an okay flick to watch with the kids.
>>
>>44506861
Then... watch Dragonheart.
>>
>>44506778
>mfw I thought of pic related first
A dragon-slaying dragon proficient in archery? I'd play it.
>>
>>44507026
It had two sequels. Third movie is definitely better than the second. Still not as good as the original though.
>>
File: bard the bowman.jpg (276 KB, 900x540) Image search: [Google]
bard the bowman.jpg
276 KB, 900x540
>>44507148
And speaking of pic related...
>>
File: Profile-Carmen.png (221 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Profile-Carmen.png
221 KB, 512x384
>>
>>44507558
I really liked that episode. The Ahab character was just a senile old man.
>>
>>44506778
But Bard is a Specialty, not a class...
>>
>>44506778
Best bard I've ever heard. No doubt about it.
>>
>>44506778
>There is only one dragon in the world who took levels in bard
>Every half-dragon in the world is related to them
I'd allow it in my setting.
>>
>>44506778
I imagine that instead of kidnapping people it would lure them to it's cave with an enchanting melody and from there would either eat them, try to get them to give it something through both intimidation and diplomacy, or if it finds someone who might be useful like a wealthy merchant or something try and fool them into doing things that would benefit the dragon while making it seem like it was whoever it was fooling idea in the first place.
>>
>>44506778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIU0nnoa7I
>>
>>44510009
>>Every half-dragon in the world is related to them
>None of them are his decedents
>He just has a weird family tree
>>
>>44506778
Jar jar levels of annoying
>>
Hoard of vinyl records.

But seriously, like >>44510110
>>
File: D&D_red_dragon1.jpg (392 KB, 2075x1213) Image search: [Google]
D&D_red_dragon1.jpg
392 KB, 2075x1213
>>44506778
If a dragon took only one level, maybe because it was bored and/or drunk, if could be pretty hilarious.

You'd have this massive fiery death-lizard spouting out poems or rhymes before he incinerates or messily devours enemies. He'd be shouting them out at the top of his lungs too.

If he takes more levels, eventually he can grab a tree and make it into a giant flute, or maybe carve it more intricately to make a lute.

Still, a giant singing dragon would be a sight to see.
>>
>>44511880
>You'd have this massive fiery death-lizard spouting out poems or rhymes before he incinerates or messily devours enemies. He'd be shouting them out at the top of his lungs too.

Mohammed Ali, Dragon.

In all seriousness, I made my dragon BBEG a bard. I wasn't exactly fair about it, but I was the GM, so I didn't really have to be.
>>
I used this concept in a setting once
>There was this dragon, he is the only dragon in existence.
>Standard thing. Giant. Four legs. Two wings. Fire breath. Reptillian. The whole package.
>Now, this dragon loved a good fight.
>And how do you get good adversaries?
>Why murdering families and leaving children behind, of course!
>Revenge is a good motivation.
>The other thing is that this dragon is quasi immortal.
>The method for killing him is way too esoteric
>The best way to make sure he gets a good challenge is for people to know about this method
>And who could be best to spread this message than the dragon himself
The result was a giant dragon wandering the continent fighting powerful heroes, torching villages, leaving some survivors all while merrily singing the method for killing him.
He is more of a force of nature than an outright monster. But you get the idea.
>>
>>44506778
Well now a whole continent has the half-dragon template.
Even other magic beasts.
>Dire Dragon-wolf
>Dragon-bear
>Giant Dragon Eagle

>There's that one huge carpenters shop making instruments for the dragon.

The dragon would probably pick up shape-shifting if it already doesn't have that to assume humanoid form.

Also
>dragon-archer
>>
>>44518466
>>dragon-archer
On one hand, HOW?
On the other, Jesus Christ that would be horrifying to have a dragon sized arrow come at you
>>
>>44520032
>uses a balista as a hand crossbow
>>
>>44506778
Just don't give him shapeshifting skills.

The number of baby-mamas, pissed off exes and broken hearts would sky rocket.
>>
>>44506778
Relatively useless.
>>
>>44520122
Not to mention the number of his children after his head.
>>
>>44520160
Yeah. Having to grow up without a father and having their mothers go through many difficulties is one way to have a reason to kill such a neglectful parent.
>>
>>44520122
>>44520186
At least there would be a lot less prejudice over it. Half-dragons would be so common incest would be a bigger issue than discrimination.
>>
>>44506778
The wise dragon that tells tales of time pasts.
>>
>>44506778
>a dragon that took levels in Bard
>a gish creature with innate magical power and great charisma who stereotypically goes around fucking members of other species
Isn't this like, all young dragons? Also wasn't there a dragon subspecies who was pretty much a bard dragon, always looking for music, word tricks, pranking people or just chatting them up, etcetera?
>>
>>44506778

And what if it put its skill points into Perform (Interpretive Dance)?
>>
File: MassEffectFace.jpg (18 KB, 133x217) Image search: [Google]
MassEffectFace.jpg
18 KB, 133x217
>>44520471
Thats a fucking fantastic idea actually. Jesus christ thats a fantastic fucking idea.
>>
>>44520434
Copper Dragons.
>>
>>44520245
Being a half-Dragon half-[insert race] would be suffering.
>>
>>44520388
The young dragon that speaks in dirty limericks
>>
>>44520434
I know what you're thinking of. Song Dragon, maybe. It was one of the weird outer-planes ones.

>>44521236 is the next best thing in normal bestiary.
>>
I had a dream about a dragon that breathed harmonica music once
>>
>>44527121
Sounds jazzy.
>>
>>44520078
Yesssssss...
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.