[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D, Making a Player God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: eye of god.jpg (368 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
eye of god.jpg
368 KB, 3840x2160
Holy fucking Christ, guys. So, I decided that for lulz, I'd make a player God, literally. Never has to roll for anything, can do anything he wants under these few rules:
1. You cannot make anything else Omnipotent, Omnipresence, ect ect, no other Omni's but you.
2. You cannot create paradoxes.

I was expecting a shitshow, but what happened is just...fuck, man. Btw, this is gonna be LONG.

>Roll to decide which player gets to be God
>Roll lands on player named Radioactive
>Other players start to leave, guess they were only here cause they wanted to be God.
>Fuck it, I'm bored. We're doing this.
>Radio names his character Alibaster
>"Alibaster doesn't seem to remember anything."
>Alibaster: -- Floats in space as he watches the empty universe --
>Creates little black ball character named Absent
Absent: "What's next, sir?"
Alibaster: "Who are you?"
Absent: "I am Absent, eternal servant to you."
Alibaster: "Who am I?"
Absent: "You are God, but you're known by many names."
Alibaster: "I remember...a name...Alibaster...--floats over to the earth-- What is this?"
Absent: "One of the planets you've created. It's the only one with life on it."
Alibaster: "What's so special about it?"
Absent: "Nothing too special. Just a good, habitable planet."
Alibaster: -- He Creates four crystals. One Black, One Green, One Yellow, One Blue. --
Alibaster: -- Touches the Crystal as it turns into a sword. A sword of power beyond imagination -- "You shall be the sword of Virtue. Only

those of pure conscious will be able to wield you."
Alibaster: -- Touches his hand against the Green Crystal, creating another sword -- "This sword will be the Sword Of Pestilence. Those who it

touches will become the carriers of disease and death for eternity. Though they will be immune to all disease. The sword will have the ability

to bring sickness to all the users enemies."
Alibaster: -- Touches his hand against the yellow Crystal --
>>
cont.
Alibaster: "This shall be the sword of Sin. Only those who have done the worst of evils will be able to wield such a sword."
Alibaster: -- Touches his hand against the black crystal as he speaks one last prayer. --
Alibaster: "One of neither Virtue or Sin will be able to wield it. It will be a sword of both nothing and something. And so the keepers will be created."
Alibaster: -- Creates a masked figure with his mouth sown shut, then gives him freewill and the ability to speak --
Figure: "I...purpose..."
Alibaster: "Choose a name, for you are the Keeper of the Sword of Pestilence"
Figure: "I shall be...Locust..."
Alibaster: "So it will be. So long as you have that sword you will be powerful and live until the dawn of the universe. For you are to keep it with your life."
Alibaster: -- Summons a knight clad in blue armor, giving him freewill -- "Hello. You are the Keeper of the Sword of Virtue. Choose your name and it will be so."
Knight: "Path will be my name."
Alibaster: -- Summons a man who was made to conquer with a soul of fire and the skin akin to a red desert. Of course he gives him freewill -- "You are the keeper of the sword of sin. Choose your name and it shall be so."
Figure: "Haze."
Alibaster: -- Summons a man Wrapped in grey garb, giving him free will. -- "You are the keeper of the sword of absence. Choose a name."
Figure: "Hmm. I'll be...Interstice"
Alibaster: -- Creates box made of unbreakable material, with 4 key holes matching each sword. Puts a ring inside, that will transfer his power of godhood to the wearer.--
Alibaster: "You are the keepers of four keys. You have almost unlimited power according to the swords abilities. Though I may be god I still need a successor. Whoever is to slay all of you and find this box shall become the new god. I send you to earth to do whatever you wish. But remember. Guard those swords with your lives."
>>
cont.
Alibaster: -- Sends all but Intersice to earth -- "You will be the only who shall not die. For you are the absence of the others. You are different for I am giving you one more gift. The ability to feel compassion." -- Makes it so. --
Interstice: "Why me?"
Alibaster: "Because. You are the one who is neither good nor evil. The one who can understand both sides of the spectrum."
Interstice: "...I see..."
Alibaster: "Go to earth. Do as you must. I bid you farewell."
Absent: "What of the box, sir?"
Alibaster: It shall stay here for now. I am not finished yet." -- Makes a cloaked skeleton wielding a scythe -- "Your name... Shall be Ragnarok. You shall control all those who are dead. You will be the leader of the underworld. You will punish them as you deem necessary. With that I banish you to the realm of the dead. But I give you one ability. You shall be able to create spawn to do your bidding. Make them in any form you like."
Ragnarok: -- looks to his side and raises his hand, creating a white skinned man with red eyes and red hair, naming him Shiva --
Alibaster: "I bid you farewell my friend. We shall speak soon." -- Bows to him as he sends them to the realm of the dead --
Alibaster: “Absent. Could you go away for a moment?”
Absent: “Where would you like me to go?”
Alibaster: “Observe earth. -- Shakes his head. He snaps his fingers as he creates a Child. Looks down at the child as he smiles -- “Though you may not know it you have a long journey ahead of you young one.“
Child: -- looks up at him, confused --
Alibaster: -- Puts his hand on the child branding him with a mark. It is 3 triangles interlaced within each other -- “You will be the first of those who can channel the power of the arcane.
One day you will pass your ability onto others.”
Alibaster: “Hmm. This ‘Earth’ is pretty boring, and you lot don’t fit in here.. Let’s start over.” --Erases the old world.--
>>
cont.
Alibaster: -- Looks around as he Creates the new species. One Arcane, a human that has magic capabilites, and a demonesque creature in which he shall Name a darkling --
Alibaster: “The weakest shall be the Arcane, although stronger with Arcana. Directly you are descendant of god and destined for greatness
Absent: -- returns -- “Sir, I was observing the Earth, but it seems to be gone. Another reset?”
Alibaster: “Mhm.”
Absent: “All as you wish”
Alibaster: -- Creates a new world, named Gaia, where the new Arcane, Darklings, and others he’s created will stay. Takes the Box and personally goes to gaia and visits the arcane childs house --
Child: -- Playing in the yard with Arcana --
Alibaster: -- He hands the child the box -- You must protect this with your life. Nothing if more important than this box. Do you understand?”
Child: --stares blankly--
Alibaster: “Here, have this” -- Creates a Dire Wolf pup for the child that will be forever loyal, heads towards Shiva and Ragnarok --
Alibaster: -- Creates a new world, named Gaia, where the new Arcane, Darklings, and others he’s created will stay. Takes the Box and personally goes to gaia and visits the arcane childs house --
Child: -- Playing in the yard with Arcana --
Alibaster: -- He hands the child the box -- You must protect this with your life. Nothing if more important than this box. Do you understand?”
Child: --stares blankly--
Alibaster: “Here, have this” -- Creates a Dire Wolf pup for the child that will be forever loyal, heads towards Shiva and Ragnarok --
>>
cont.
GM: “Ragnarok and Shiva both reside in an underground kingdom, accompanied by Arcane and Darklings who've already sinned and died in their short existences.”
Ragnarok: -- sits in a giant throne --
Alibaster: -- Bows to them -- “Ah hello... How is everyone?”
Shiva -- waits for Ragnarok to answer, then fills his place when he doesn't -- “We're fine. The rest not as much.“
Alibaster: “I noticed. Ragnarok, I told you I was banishing you here, but I have a gift.” -- Flies up and creates a Garden of Eden for those who have done good in their lives -- “A garden of beauty that runs with the water of life. Those who have done good shall be sent there.”
Ragnarok: “I fail to see how this is a gift for me.”
Alibaster: “It is your garden. Tend to it. You see too much suffering. So I shall create a judge.”
Ragnarok: “I AM the judge.”
Alibaster:-- Creates another being robed in grey. His name would be Thanatos and he would be the second to help Ragnarok being neutral in nature -- "Also... I give you the ability to change your form at will. So you no longer have to look so... Grim."
Ragnarok: (Create me in one form, just to tell me to change it later...)
Alibaster: -- goes and visits Path --
Path: -- working with Arcanes to help build a town --
Alibaster: "I see your doing well for yourself. I came here to check up on things."
Path: -- tells the others to take a break, then leans on his shovel -- "So then, what would you like to know?"
Alibaster: "What are your goals?"
Path: "I'm still deciding, I guess."
Alibaster: "Well remember whatever you do feel free to ask me for anything."
>>
cont.
Alibaster: -- Visits Haze. --
GM: “Haze is traveling the Desert, in some new garb. Alongside him travels a man in black robes.”
Alibaster: -- Leans against the sand as he looks at them both -- “Why hello. Why are you here?”
Haze: “'swhere you put me.”
Alibaster: -- Nods --
Robed Man: --stares hatefully at Alibaster--
Alibaster: “I must go visit locust.” -- Heads to Locust --
Locusrt: -- sitting in cave, resting --
Alibaster: “Hello locust. How are you doing?”
Locust: “I don't know. I'm not sure what it's like to be doing bad. Or good.”
Alibaster: “You are doing neither. Good and Bad is subjective locust. Would you like me to give you a goal?“
Locust: “No...I need to find that on my own...”
Alibaster: “I understand. Though there is one thing I could do.”-- Creates a woman dressed in white next to pestilence -- “Her name is Purgandum. She is your companion.” -- Leaves to visit Interstice --
Interstice: -- he sits on top of a mountain --
Alibaster: “Hello.”
Interstice: -- waves --
Alibaster: “How are you?”
Interstice: “Alright.”
Alibaster: “Have you thought of doing anything?”
Interstice: “Nope.”
Alibaster: “Any... Ideas...? Or just...Nothing?”
Interstice: -- shrugs --
Alibaster: “Well here's the deal. Out of the four, the ONLY person doing something productive right now is Path. Locust is sitting in a cave. Haze is wandering a desert. And you’re sitting on a mountain.”
Interstice: “Well, in my defense, isn't doing nothing kind of my thing? “
Alibaster: “You got me on that one.”
>>
cont.
>At this point, he tries to visit a random king
GM: “Gaia has existed for less than a day, the only kings are among the ones you've already visited.”
Absent: -- Floats over to Alibaster --
Alibaster: "Hello absent"
Absent: “Well, you've made your new world. Shall we do the usual? “
Alibaster: “The usual...?”
Absent: “Yes, normally you fast forward of skip ahead so it has time to develop.”
Alibaster: “Ah, yes, that sounds good! “
Absent: “So, how long then?”
Alibaster: Hmmmm... 100 years?”
GM: “Alibaster and Absent watch as the world spins, natural disasters, love, new people, kingdoms and wars go by like nothing.”
Alibaster: “And its over. Lets go visit the four.” --Starts with Haze--
GM: “Haze is found in a desert town's shopping district”
Alibaster: “Haze... My buddy.”
Haze: -- turns quickly and jumps back --
Alibaster: Whats up?
Haze: “Oh, well, wasn't expecting you...”
Alibaster: “Just visiting. I likewhat you have done with the place.”
Haze: “Oh, this isn't mine. Just passing through.”
Alibaster: “Oh. A wanderer.”
Alibaster: “Now I gotta see if Pestilence is still rotting away in a cave.”
Alibaster: -- Heads to Locust --
GM: “Locust resides in a Mercenary camp.”
Locust: “Alibaster!”
Alibaster: “Mhm. How are you doing? “
Locust: “...What do you want? “
Alibaster: “Im just checking up on you.”
Locust: “Why? You left us for ages.”
Alibaster: “I did. It felt like minutes. So I need to check on Path and Interstice”
GM: “Interstice is locked away very deep underground is some prison.”
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: “Why are you in prison?”
Interstice: -- looks up --
Alibaster: “So uh... Why...?“
Interstice: -- opens mouth, his tongue has been cut out --
Alibaster: “Son of a... “-- Snaps his fingers giving him his tongue back -- “So what happened?”
Interstice: “Hehe... You make things too easy sometimes.”
Alibaster: -- Sighs -- “So what happened? “
Interstice: “I committed several crimes.”
Alibaster: “Mhm...which were?
Interstice: “Well, theft, fighting, heresy, ect ect”
Alibaster: “Why?”
Interstice: “Well, apparently they don't agree that you're god “
Alibaster “Oh.” -- Shrugs -- “They dont need to worship me. Who do they think is god?”
Interstice: -- shrugs -- “They just call it God.“
Alibaster: “Ah. Well, Im gonna teleport you to a different town.”
Interstice: -- You notice he doesn’t have his sword --
Alibaster: “Where the hell is your sword? “
Interstice: ”...What'll you do if I tell you?”
Alibaster: “Nothing.”
Interstice: “Somehow I don't believe you.”
Alibaster: -- Sighs -- “I won’t do anything. I made the swords for a reason.”
Interstice: “Last I know, Haze has it.”
Alibaster: “He does? Do you know why he has it?”
Interstice: “Because he wanted it, I'd presume”
Alibaster: “I hope he knows one of the four can’t become god.”
>This rule came completely out of nowhere, he never established this
Alibaster: -- Makes it so none of the 4 can open the box --“Well. You lost your sword.” -- Turns to leave --
Interstice: “Since you're here, I assume you'll be visiting the rest, yeah?”
Alibaster: “Yeah, I just got Path left,”
Interstice: “Well, can I come with you?”
Alibaster: “Sure.” -- Brings them to path --
>>
Cont.
GM: “They teleport to Path, who is in his town commanding troops”
Alibaster: “Hey path.”
Path: “A-alibaster!”
Alibaster: “Mhm.”
Path: “Where have you been?!”
Alibaster: “Watching Gaia”
Path: “...watching?”
Alibaster: “Also thinking.”
Path: “While innocents were killed?!”
Alibaster: “I didn't really get to watch”
Path: “It's been 100 years, a lot happened! But the worst... Haze, he's trying to collect all the swords.”
Alibaster: “I have noticed. Also he's an idiot. One of the four can’t become god.”
Path: “What? Really?”
Alibaster: “It wouldnt be fair if they could.”
Path: “Either way, this behavior cannot stand.”
Alibaster: “You mind if Interstice hangs out here?”
Path: “...Interstice?”
Interstice: -- peeks out from behind Alibaster --
Path: “You!” -- tries to charge past Alibaster at Interstice --
Alibaster: -- Holds Path back with one hand -- “woah, what’s this about?”
Path: “You damn traitor!”
Alibaster: “Wait. Traitor? What did he do?”
Interstice: “How can I be a traitor? I'm literally, like, the god of being neutral.”
Path: “He GAVE his sword up for Haze!”
Alibaster: Oh. Well, why?”
Interstice: “Because he wanted it.”
Path: “And apparently your tongue too!”
Interstice: “What can I say, I'm a generous man.”
Path: -- backs off -- “Feh. Either way, Alibaster, we’ve got to stop Haze.”
Alibaster: -- Nods--
Interstice: “I knew you two could come to this conclusion, which is the reason I came here. The entire point of the swords is for a way to defeat Alibaster, to surpass him. Interrupting with this in anyway would completely defeat the purpose of creating the swords, would it not?”
Alibaster: “...True. Besides, Haze can’t open the box, and doesn’t even know where it is.”
>>
Cont.
Interstice: “Anyway, I don't think I'm welcome here, mind sending me off somewhere?”
Alibaster: -- Sends him to a snowy mountain and makes him a temple. Shortly after he heads to ragnarok --
GM: “Meanwhile, elsewhere... “
>cutscene time
Locust: -- he stands on a battlefield full of corpses, both of his group and the enemies. He seems to be the only one left --
Purgandum: -- walks up, being careful not to step on the corpses -- “What now, genius? The people who're supposed to pay you are dead “
Locust: -- sighs -- ( sometimes, it feels like you were sent to me as some kind of punishment. )
Traveler
-- he approaches from a distance, cloaked in black --
Locust: Still one more? -- he holds his green sword out towards him --
Traveler: -- a shot of pestilence is fired at him, but it's deflected with a swing of his own blade --
Purgandum: What the hell?!
Locust: (Nothing should be able to block an attack from the 4 swords... not even Arcana!)
Traveler: -- rises, revealing his sword to be The Sword of Absence --
Locust: “...Damn, so someone's finally went about collecting these things.”
Purgandum: “Locust, just give him the sword...he has Interstice's, and that means he was strong enough even with a normal sword...”
Locust: Don't be ridiculous. Interstice became a lazy bastard "devoted" to being neutral. Probably just used some kind of Arcana to put him to sleep, then stole it and Interstice was too lazy to get it back.”
Traveler: -- walks forward, his hood falls down revealing a face with multiple scars and black hair -- “Sorry, but I can't use Arcana.”
Locust: “Oh, so you're a Ghoul then?”
>Ghouls are a 3rd species Alibaster created, basically like Vampires, can’t use Arcana
Traveler: “Nah... I'm something you've never heard of.”
GM: “The 2 clash swords.”
>>
Cont
GM: “Alibaster teleports to Ragnarok. The realm hasn't changed much, but Thanatos seems to be missing.”
Alibaster: “Where is Thanatos?”
GM: “The darklings all look in surprise as Alibaster suddenly appears”
Ragnarok: “I killed him.”
Alibaster: “Why?”
Ragnarok: “He had no use to me, and I won't accept any further ‘gifts’ from you.” -- points to Garden Of Eden, everything is grey and dead, clearly never cared for --
Alibaster: -- Snaps his fingers as he brings Thanatos back to life and brings him to Alibasters feet -- “Get up.”
Thanatos: -- climbs out of river, horrified -- (I was...dead)
Ragnarok: -- clenches fists --
Alibaster: -- Looks up -- “He’s not for you anymore.”
Ragnarok: -- slams fist -- “That is not what this is about! You make things too easy, and easy lives create weak people! How is a world to grow, if always steered from any kind of hardship, and constantly treated as a baby?!”
Shiva: (He's been preparing this speech for 100 years...)
Alibaster: -- Ignores Ragnarok, teleports him and Thantos to an empty field far away from civilization --
Ragnarok: -- punches throne, busting it -- “COWARD!”
Alibaster: -- He stares at the ground -- “Thanatos.”
Thanatos: “...Yes?”
Alibaster: “I’m going to be gone for a long time. I need you to do something.“
Thanatos: “What?”
Alibaster: -- He creates a child, giving him very strong Arcana. He then creates a house which can only be seen by the child and Thanatos --
Alibaster: “This child, he will live forever just as you would. He will stop aging at 23. You must train him. Nurture him. -- Creates one last sword of Golden crystal -- “The Sword Of Hope. This child is the final keeper. Train him. Give him this sword when he is ready.”
Thanatos: “I'm not sure I understand...but I'll try”
Alibaster: “I will be back in 1000 years.” -- Heads back to absent --
Absent: “Well, how was it?”
Alibaster: I'm afraid. I'm a God and I'm afraid.”
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: “Skip 1000 years”
Absent: “As you wish, m’lord.”
>As the thousand years go back, we witness multiple scenes of things happening around the world
GM: “0 Years Ahead in time, as Locust and the stranger battle, the stranger uses the sword to teleport by entering nothingness and returning somewhere else, narrowly avoiding fatal blows. It becomes apparent that, even with injuries from the battle, Locust is far beyond what he can handle, even if he has The Sword of Absence.”
Locust: -- knocks him down, holding his sword to his neck -- “Tell me your name. You got 1 sword, further than anyone else yet, and you're the first. Tell me your name so I may spread it through history.”
Traveler: “My name is Gyle. But I don't need you to spread my name...” -- grabs Locust's sword, it cuts his hand and green liquid begins to flow in --
Locust: -- sighs -- “You idiot” -- pulls sword back, cutting Gyle's fingers off --
Gyle: -- take the opportunity from Locust pulling his sword back and thrusts through his chest, impaling him --
Purgandum: “NOO!”
Locust: -- he coughs up green blood as he falls onto his knees, dropping his sword --
Gyle” -- slowly approaches Purgandum--
Purgandum: “S-stay back! This sword cut you, you've got more diseases crawling up through your hand right now than there are known to man! And I'm the only one with any chance of curing you!”
Gyle: -- looks at fingerless hand -- “So that's one of his sword's effects, huh?” -- crouches, holding arm against ground, and cleaves it off from the elbow down --
Purgandum: “...You're insane...”
Gyle: -- stands up and charges Purgandum, killing her -- “I'm beyond insane. I'm from a whole different world.“
>At this point, Alibaster now HATES Gyle OOC, but doesn’t know about him IC.
>>
Cont.
GM: “146 years after Alibaster's 2nd Disappearance. Haze is surrounded by soldiers, Path shoves his way through to the injured being.”
Path: “All this time, all this preparation! We've known where you were for over 6 months, 6 months planning an attack, and you don't even draw your sword?! Do you know how much of an insult that is, to hold back your strength against us? Do you just think we're beneath you?”
Haze: “Everything's always about you, Path, isn’t it?. You're only worried about the swords cause you know you're a target.”
Path: -- kicks him with a giant metal boot -- “I didn't give you permission to speak. Take his sword.”
GM: “The soldiers search him, but find nothing.”
Haze: “You should know me better. If I had the means to kill you all, I'd do it.”
Path: “...You son of a bitch!” -- chops his head off --
Path: -- angrily panting, looking panicked -- “We need to find where he put his sword!”
GM: “221 Years after Alibaster's 2nd Disappearance. In a room in a far off kingdom, an old man lies in a hospital bed, hooked up to strange machinery. Tubes from the machinery can be traced back to 4 kids sitting in chairs along the wall, in which they're plugged into”
Kid: -- struggles against nurse as she tries to plug the tube in -- “No! No, I don't wanna!”
Nurse: “Sweety, this is very important! I promise, it won't hurt.”
Kid: “I'm not afraid 'a pain! I'm tough as nails! I don't wanna lose my Arcana, it's not fair!”
Nurse: “You were picked randomly, just like the other 3, it was completely fair. We owe this to The Great Elder, he was the one to discover Arcana in the first place, and taught it to everyone else!”
Kid: “No! I'm gonna be the first female Paladin, I can't do that without Arcana! I've trained so hard!“
Doctor: -- charges into the room -- “Quick, we need to lock this room down, now!”
Great Elder: -- wearily -- “What's...going on”
>>
Cont.
Doctor: -- he and the Nurse shut the iron doors, bolting them closed -- “There's an attack, we don't know who yet, but we can't risk- “
GM: “The doors are sliced in half, along with the nurses, as Gyle enters.”
Gyle: -- now wielding The Sword of Sin -- “Damn, really can cut through anything.”
Great Elder: -- he leaps up, suddenly seeming full of life as his veins bulge and glow purple -- “Where did you get that?!”
Gyle: “Same place I got these 2.” -- reveals Sword of Absence and Sword of Pestilence on his hip --
Great Elder: “Y-you've got a powerful arsenal indeed, but it's nothing against over 300 years of Arcana!” -- he slams his hand on the ground, a strange hieroglyphic circle is made that a purple, transparent 3 headed dragon emerges from -- “See this? This is 10 lives worth of Arcana, in a perfected form!”
Gyle: -- he slowly approaches, sheathing his weapon --
Arcana Hydra: -- it roars, the 3 heads charging at him --
Gyle: -- holds up his hand, the head crashes into it, then the entire hydra seems to split into 1000 glass pieces and fade into nothing --
Great Elder: -- shoots rapid arcane blasts at him in desperation while backing away, each time one makes contact it breaks in the same way the hydra did -- “What are you?!”
Gyle: -- draws the sword of sin, rushing and impaling The Elder -- “Sorry, Arcana don't work on me.”
Kid: -- pulls a knife from it's sheathe, and stand to face Gyle, knees shaking -- “I-I'm gonna b-be... a great paladin one day...I can't stand down from a fight!”
Gyle: -- looks down at her boredly, then cuts the knife in half with the Sword of Sin, continuing past her with a small grin -- “Well, good luck!”
>>
Cont.
GM: “553 years after Alibaster's 2nd Disappearance, somewhere in Path's kingdom.”
Path: “You say this thing's explosive?” -- holding a gun, looking at it strangely --
Inventor: “No no, it uses explosive powder to propel the bullets, I promise it won't explode”
Path: -- aims at target and fires wildly, then smiles proudly --“I don't know what this is, but I want more of 'em! I'll getcha all the money and resources ya need!”
Inventor: -- shakes path's hand, almost being crushed by his grip --
GM: “994 Years after Alibaster's 2nd Disappearance, in a very strange city seemingly made of metal.”
Gyle: -- he stands in the street, now with a new robotic arm, surrounded by bodies from the Path Army --
Soldier: -- they fire at Gyle, but he teleports, wielding Absence with his robotic arm --
Soldier: “We need back u-” -- interrupted as Gyle pulls out Pestilence with his normal arm and fires a green bolt through his head --
Soldier: -- terrified, he aims his gun at Gyle --
GM: “Suddenly, a gigantic metal foot destroys the building next to them, the resulting Debris knocking Gyle back and crushing the soldier."
>>
Cont.
Path: -- approaches Gyle in a giant mech, it's shoulders open and expand into multiple rockets --
Gyle: -- as the rockets are fired at him, he shoots them down with Pestilence bolts one at a time --
Path: -- fires Gatling gun hands at him --
Gyle: -- He dashes behind the debris which is quickly eaten away but red-hot bullets. He sheathes pestilence, takes out Sin and teleports below the mech, cutting it's leg with Sin then teleporting away with Absence, falling to own knee, obviously tired --
Path: -- fires at Gyle while falling to one knee, getting a few hits in, but missing most from falling --
Gyle: -- some of the shots hit his metal arm, saving his life, but making his arm come off, dropping Absence --
Path: -- it fires more rockets, trying to push itself back onto 2 feet with it's arms --
Gyle: -- he leaps into the air, jumping off one rocket to the next, using them like steps, leaping down at the mech with an overhead swing --
Path: -- as it gets onto it's feet, the front half is chopped in half by Sin, falling to the ground. Path emerges from the back of the machine, running away into the broken building as Gyle gives chase. He eventually hits a dead end, and pulls out a large pistol, firing at Gyle over and over --
Gyle: -- he deflects a few shots, but is also getting hit by a few, not stopping as he walks closer and closer --
Path: -- his gun clicks, out of ammo -- “Why won't you die?!”
Gyle: -- coughs up blood -- “I gotta... go back...” -- laughs -- “and unfortunately for you... this is... the only PATH I can take” -- pierces Path with Sin --
Path: “You'll...never find...virtue...”
Gyle: “I'll find the sword, but I've given up on Virtue.”
GM: “It is now 1000 years later.”
Absent: “Well then, Alibsater, are you ready to see what's new?”
Alibaster: -- He changes his form to a young man with a red shirt and and red hair. -- “Yes.”
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: -- Teleports to Thanatos --
Thanatos: -- on the porch, reading a book --
Alibaster: -- Walks up to Thanatos and waves --
Thanatos: -- shuts book, worried -- “Do I know you?”
GM: “A young man peers out the window, which Thanatos then stands in front of”
Alibaster: “Thanatos...” -- He looks up and smiles -- ”It's been 1000 years.”
Thanatos: “...Alibaster? It is you! Why the change in look?”
Alibaster: “You will see.”
Thanatos: -- calls Diatobi to come see you --
Diatobi: “What is it?”
Alibaster: -- Holds out his hand -- “Do you know who I am?”
Diatobi: -- shakes head no --
Alibaster: “I'm God. Or well... Your father.”
Diatobi: “...So, you made me, then left me for a thousand years. What have you come back for?”
Alibaster: “Do you have the sword?”
Diatobi: -- draws the Sword Of Hope, beautiful and golden --
Alibaster: -- Smiles -- “Guard that with your life.”
Diatobi: -- nods --
Alibaster: “I'll be back by sunset.”
Diatobi: “Is that it, then? I'm just supposed to live forever in this house, guarding this sword?”
Alibaster: “All you’re required to do is guard that sword with the best of your ability. There is a whole world to explore.”
Diatobi: “And there's a whole world that's very dangerous that I could get killed in. So which is it? Protect the sword or live my life?”
Alibaster: “Why not do both? The others before you did.”
Diatobi: ( and look how they turned out. ) -- walks back into the house angrily --
Thanatos: “Hehe, sorry about him... At some point, he became stronger than me, and well, it's kinda hard to control someone who knows they can defeat you for 1000 years. Where will you go next?”
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: -- Heads to a nearby kingdom. --
Diatobi: (Psshhh... "The others before you did." Yeah, and they're all dead besides the one who just gave his sword up...)
GM: “Alibaster heads to a nearby city, but everything is...very different”
Alibaster: -- Looks around, walks up to a worker --
Worker:: -- looks at Alibaster -- “Can I help you?”
Alibaster: Hey buddy. Where can I find the leader of this place?”
Worker: -- points him to manager --
Alibaster: --walks up to manager “So you, are the king of this place?”
Manager: “King?” -- puffs from cigarette -- “What do you think this is, some kinda Renaissance Fair?”
Alibaster: -- He stares at him -- “Erm... The leader of the town? Whatever you’re called? I’m looking for someone named path”
Manager: “Path died 7 years ago.”
Alibaster: “He was a good friend of mine...”
Manager: -- laughs -- “Yeah, and Chancellor Vechor is my old drinking buddy. We got a lot of work to do here, do you mind?”
Alibaster: “What if I told you I was God?”
Manager: -- looks you up and down -- “Might be glad I stopped going to church.”
Alibaster: “If you could wish for one thing what would it be?”
Manager: “A million- no wait, more wishes, classic set-up.”
Alibaster: -- Suddenly 1000 dollars appears in his hand --
Manager: -- looks at it excitedly --
Alibaster: -- It disappears --
Manager: -- rubs eyes --
Alibaster: “Like I said. I’m god.”
Manager: “That or I'm getting a contact high from whatever you're on.”
Alibaster: “Well the world is gonna change. Very soon.” -- Teleports to a random field, then revives Path and summons him to Alibaster --
Path: -- gasps --
Alibaster: “Who killed you?”
Path: -- grabs you by the collar, on his knees -- “Oh, thank you God! It wasn't Haze, or rather, Haze wasn't the real threat! This guy named Gyle...”
Alibaster: “Describe him.”
>>
Cont.
Path: “H-he came from nowhere, he was around for thousands of years like us, so he's immortal... He had a robotic arm, and scars, and black hair and- oh god, thank you!”
Alibaster: --Revives Locust and summons him. He snaps his fingers and destroys the God ring and the box, looking behind him --
GM: “Alibaster snaps his fingers, then looks behind him”
Path: “Alibaster, my lord, we need to kill Interstice for what he did. If it weren't for him giving up his sword, Gyle would've never been able to defeat Locust and me!”
Alibaster: -- Silently summons Interstice --
Interstice :-- looks around -- “Hey, the gangs back together! Almost, at least /”
Alibaster: -- Runs up to him punching him in his chest and breaks all his ribs --
Interstice: “Oh, fuck, that hurts!”
Alibaster: “Shut the fuck up.” -- Grabs one of his legs and snaps it in half --
Interstice: “Aahhhaaahhaaaa!”
Gyle: -- stands in the distance --
Alibaster: -- Stares at gyle his eyes red with rage. He summons Absent --
Gyle: -- gives the same glare, but with a hint of pity --
Alibaster: -- He also summons the Child he created and had thanatos train -- “Its time to kill this mother fucker. I want everyone to see what happens to those who defy God.” -- Revives the old elder, the first Arcane Child and summons him here --
Elder: -- gasps -- “Yes! Life! Again!”
Alibaster: “Its been a long time. I still remember the day I gave you that mark...”
Elder: -- looks at mark fondly --
Gyle: -- stares at Alibaster with tired, hateful, and pitying eyes --
Alibaster: -- Stomps on Interstice’s knee, breaking his other leg --“GET UP.”
Interstice: “You've broken my leg, and you want me to get up?!”
Alibaster: -- Grabs him by the throat --
Interstice: -- grins, your grip suddenly feels weak -- “Well, if you insist” -- leg snaps back into place, along with chest, before standing up. --
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: --He waves his hand, slamming Gyle into the ground
Gyle: -- nothing happens he raises his hand, Locust, The Elder, Absent and Path turn to dust --
Alibaster: “...”
Gyle: -- steps closer, smiling -- “So much better than I imagined.”
Alibaster: -- Glares at Interstice --
Gyle: “I already opened the box. I gave you all the powers I could think of to trick you into thinking you were still omnipotent.”
Alibaster: (This isn’t good... I have to reset again... somehow)
Gyle: “You made a 5th sword, but you forgot to put a 5th lock on the box. Now, let me ask you, before I let you know why you're a monster who needs to be put down. Who do you think I am, exactly?”
Alibaster: -- Sighs -- “Ragnarok sent you.”
Gyle: “I don't even know who the hell that is.”
Alibaster: “Then who are you?”

Big post coming up
>>
File: 1429827362524.gif (455 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
1429827362524.gif
455 KB, 250x192
What is this?
You randomly selected a player who can now do basically anything he wants? What's the point? Everyone left because they don't want to sit around while 2 GMs talk to each other. If there aren't any rules, if everything is controlled by one guy with omnipotent, omniscient power, why bother calling it a game at all? It isn't D&D anymore if you have one player that can just unmake and remake literally everything by saying so. You're just talking to a guy while he makes up shit from his own head.

Why not just make him the GM and listen to him explain the setting?
>>
Cont.
Gyle: “When I got these powers, I read your mind and looked at your past, just so that, before I killed you, I could see every single terrible thing you've done. But it doesn't go any further than when you lost your memories. I'm from the old world. The one you erased. In the moments before you DESTROYED my world and made Gaia, Interstice saved me. He used the sword to teleport us into the realm of Nothingness, and brought me back once Gaia was created. He took me to Haze, and told him he would give him his sword if made me immortal. Haze accepted, wanting to be God himself, but then you changed the rules, like a child losing at Hide And Seek.When he realized he couldn't be God, he passed the mantle, and the swords, onto to me. Because he knew I had the burning desire for revenge that would get me there, and he had that same desire for revenge against you, for creating him as a sinner, and removing his only chance at redeeming himself. For more than 1000 years, I thought I was up against some supremely evil overlord who killed everyone I cared about. But after looking at your past...you're not that at all. You wiped out billions of lives, just because you wanted to "reset" like this was all a game. It's your turn, to be reset. --he grasps his fist, all of Gaia crumbles until you, him and Interstice are alone in space -- To have EVERYTHING THAT MATTERED, every last good thing, every last bad thing, ERASED.”
>>
Cont.
Alibaster: --turns to Interstice-- “Why?! Why did you save him?!”
Interstice: “Because you gave me compassion.”
Gyle: -- holds his fist out, a beam of white light hits Alibaster, destroying him -- “...now to bring it back” -- He re-creates the universe as it used to be, fast forwarding through billions of years until his time --
Interstice: “What’ll you do now, Gyle? Oh, I’m sorry, you’re God now, ‘m’lord’”
Gyle: “I'm going back. I never wanted to be God, I just want my world.”
Interstice: “Well, God cannot simply cease to exist. But, you can resign, if that is what you desire.”
Gyle: “Make me...human again”
GM: “A white flash washes over him as he rejoins with his original consciousnesses, which watches the light from earth with his family, making wishes on the ‘shooting star’ above them. The clast causes Interstice to lose his form and memories, all he can remember is that he was a servant of God, and something about Absence”
Interstice: “My name...I think...Absent?” -- looks over at Gyle, no, God’s body, now bleached white from the blast --
Gyle: -- Floats in space as he watches the empty universe --
Absent: “What's next sir?”

The End.
>>
>>44504393
As shit, I fucked up in the beginning. by ">Creates little black ball character named Absent" I meant I added a little black ball character into the space, that floated up to him.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 855x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 855x644
>>44504821
That was a neat story. Thanks for sharing, OP.
>>
>>44504777
this is just two kids playing make believe
>"I wave my hand and slam you into the ground"
>"It doesn't work because my character is immune"
>"I'm God!"
>"No I'm God!"
why bother?
>>
>>44504997
Except it's not.
If you paid any attention at all, you'd know that:
1. Alibaster Created a "God Ring" which would transfer his power to someone else, meaning there is only one God at a time
2. Gyle tricked Alibaster into thinking he was still omnipotent, because Gyle had become God.

At no point were there ever 2 Gods.
>>
>>44504997
You can say that about literally any rpg. Collaborative storytelling is a rather fun and interesting way to play an rpg if you have even an ounce of creativity.
>>
>>44505109
Agreed. The story was a bit corny. The player was a bit gay. But it still looked like fun.
>>
>>44505109
Except with literally any rpg there are dice rolls, risks and rewards, and challenges to overcome.

As I understand it, Alibaster could have done whatever he wanted at any point before he was reduced to a pseudo-god. There was no risk, no substantial reward except maybe a good story, and certainly no rolling to see if something succeeded or failed.
>>
>>44505245
What do you EVER gain from D&D besides "a good story"?
It's not like you roll a dice and actually get the loot your character gets. Every reward is all PART of the story.
>>
>>44505245
I was going to write up a big long response to this but then I saw that OP had responded here >>44505296 and basically said what I was going to say. The game had quite clear challenges, risks and rewards, they just were less obvious what they might be because the GOAL of the game was far more nebulous than the typical "defeat the dungeon boss and get his phat loot". The goal was defined by the player. He had something he wanted to do and he set out to do it. The player had restrictions in what he could and could not do, though they were far more open than what you'd have in typical games. It's quite mind-boggling to hear someone say that there was no risk involved when if one had bothered to read the actual story they'd realize that not only were there risks and challenges, the MC LOST. He FAILED.

It's important to realize that people play role playing games for a huge variety of reasons. Not everybody plays to see huge numbers, but some people do. Not everyone plays to see a cool story arise but some people do. Everyone has something they look for in a game and just because it's not what you like in a game doesn't make it pointless.

I forgot to put this in and I can't be assed to figure out where it should go, but the challenges in this kind of game aren't so much "CAN you solve this issue" as they are "HOW do you solve this issue". Some people get enjoyment out of coming up with a premise and seeing how it might play out if it happened.
>>
File: 1447992014579.jpg (20 KB, 232x254) Image search: [Google]
1447992014579.jpg
20 KB, 232x254
>>44505462
>>44505296
I guess you're right about the game being more open. I could argue further but I don't care to, I respect your opinion and what's important is that both you and the player enjoyed it.
>>
>>44505628
Ayy
>>
>>44505296
I didn't like the choices that the player made. I didn't like them at all. Boring. Animelevel ripoffs full of balls-touching.

I also read the entire thing, and told myself how much better I could have done. Which means I was interested. After reading it, I thought " how would I have done it".

So, success. Beyond " I roll to attack the orc". With rewards beyond " you find a ring of protection +1".

7.5/10, would play such a game.
Thx op.
>>
>>44505998
The creation of Gyle was basically a spawn of my dislike over him just straight up erasing the old world.
>>
>>44506182
Well yea. Because fuck that. Fix it. Or evacuate it. But just to "poof" it? That's pretty shitty.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.