[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GAME FINDER THREAD: LITERALLY 2016 COME ON EDITION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: game finder.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
game finder.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
>GM or Player
>System
>Schedule/Timezone
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
>>
>GM or Player
GMs and Players
>System
Many!
>Schedule/Timezone
Various!
>Contact Information
#LFG on Rizon IRC
>Additional Info
We're an LFG channel on Rizon IRC! Drop in and find a game, advertise for a game and hang out with your fellow RPG nerds! Join with your IRC client or with Rizon's web client at https://www.rizon.net/chat

Everyone is welcome!
>>
File: 1397708088645.jpg (54 KB, 437x402) Image search: [Google]
1397708088645.jpg
54 KB, 437x402
>GM or Player
Play-doh
>System
Fantasy Craft / WHFRPG / Pathfinder
>Schedule/Timezone
Mondays and Wednesdays 4pm-8pm GMT
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
Remember kids: Don't wash twice, wash nice
>>
File: boogieman.jpg (183 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
boogieman.jpg
183 KB, 800x621
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Rifts Chaos Earth
>Schedule/Timezone
Not scheduled yet
>Contact Information
#RiftsOOC on Rizon IRC
>Additional Info
Recruiting for Chaos Earth! Bring your plasma missiles!
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG, Mage 20, Exalted, Shadowrun
>Schedule/Timezone
GMT-5
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
Prefer text games.
>>
File: semirelatedimage.png (258 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
semirelatedimage.png
258 KB, 500x375
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
5e. I don't have a massive amount of experience, but I am more than familiar enough to play. I don't mind learning/working with other systems.
>Times Available (with timezone)
Mountain Time.
All of Saturday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after 17:00 or 5pm.
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Skype/Teamspeak/Whatever you use for voice chat as well as Roll20. Will not use video.
>Voice or Text
Voice
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I'm looking to branch out from my current games, and get more invested in tabletops. I'm not completely inept when it comes to /tg/ games, but I only have a few games of experience, and still have a lot to learn so expect inexperience. I'm down for anything, am not the type to just drop out of game, and can usually get along with anyone.
>>
>>44504611
want to join a star wars saga play-by-post game?
>>
bampu
>>
Bringing All My Posters Up
>>
File: quebec-poutine-chez-ashton-3.jpg (191 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
quebec-poutine-chez-ashton-3.jpg
191 KB, 960x638
>>44503981
>GM or Player
player
>System
any starwars game
>Schedule/Timezone
7pm to 11:30pm GMT -5 (EST)
>Contact Information
Ether_master (Jeff) look for an Inquisitor looking Gendo
>Additional Info
I never played any system that Starwars uses
>>
>>44505540
Not him, but link?
>>
>>44509871
http://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=25139
>>
>>44504364
Don't do it. The channels controlled by a sperglord who throws a hissy fit every time he doesn't get his way. the only reason I haven't left is because I love watching the retardation so much.
>>
How many of these games actually last?
>>
>>44513369
1 or 2 per year
>>
>>44513503
Makes sense to me. I got burned in so many games last year, ones I found on gamefinder, I gave up on the dream of long running sessions. Hell, there was a Shadowrun oneshot that happened to run over into two sessions, and over half the players up and flaked, leaving us with a two player finale.
>>
>>44513369
More than you'd think, but less than you'd hope.
>>
>>44513816
Why is it so hard for this shit to work?
>>
>>44513369
A game I started here has been going for almost a year now.
>>
>>44515685
I don't even know. If I had to guess, it's probably the exact same reason I ended up quitting on the dream: It takes a lot of mental effort to keep these things going. Not just in terms of sticking to schedule, but making sure you're motivated per session and have your character ready to do things. That's just scratching the surface of what you need to worry about for yourself - and we haven't even started on the issue of inter-party relationships, including tone, having compatible characters, etc.

>>44515754
Nice to hear you're the one >>44513503 talks about.
>>
File: 6587548568.png (183 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
6587548568.png
183 KB, 650x650
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Pathfinder with a twist.
Text game on Skype and combat in roll20
>Schedule/Timezone
Wednesdays at 2 pm -5 est for about 4-5 hours.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info

This is an anime themed game.
Some stock fantasy world experienced some light environmental apocalypse.
One location that survived is a small mansion with the house master and his staff as the survivors.
The maids are being sent out to explore the world and figure out what the fuck is happening after getting some (poor) training.
This isn't an ERP game, don't ask.

Everyone would use the character gen rules in Maid RPG and roll for their stats and class. I'll provide the pdf.
You'll get small traits/bonuses based on what you roll on the maid rpg tables.
Fuck tight optimization and fuck the traditional kinds of games we get with this system. I'm running something different.
I'll promise at least several sessions with this.

Email me if you're interested, thanks.
>>
>>44516034
>Wednesdays at 2 pm -5 est for about 4-5 hours.
Well.
Good luck, I guess.
>>
>>44516034
>Wednesdays at 2 pm -5 est for about 4-5 hours.
lmao
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
5e
>Schedule/Timezone
Anytime
>Contact Information
bree free on roll20
>Additional Info
I've got some experience but have only played as a druid and bard.
>>
>>44516529
>>44516383
Are Americans really that self-absorbed that you can't understand different timezones?
>>
>>44518592

Speaking plainly statistically
Plenty of people that aren't them should be able to do stuff at those hours.
Needless to say there are also plenty of work at home people and neets in existence.
>>
>GM or Player
N/A
>System
Looking to host a bunch of Fiasco one shots, they last for about 2 hours.
>Schedule/Timezone
8pm GMT during the week or whenever on weekends
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
Fiasco is a GM-less super rules-light game about making "crime blunder" movies like Fargo, etc in a variety of settings.
>>
File: Nap Leon.jpg (818 KB, 2383x2817) Image search: [Google]
Nap Leon.jpg
818 KB, 2383x2817
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Fantasy Craft, Degenesis: Rebirth.
>Schedule/Timezone
GMT +1
Wednesdays around 7pm and Sundays most times.
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
Hard work and dedication can do great things kids.
>>
>GM or Player
GM atm, Player as well.
>System
WoD, Atm I have a V20 Vampires of the Masquerade that needs another player! We have three already plus me.
Exalted
Call of Cthulu
Mutants and Masterminds.
>Schedule/Timezone
Anyday, games will be in Wes tho
>Contact Information
pulmonary.edema-Chan @ skype
>Additional Info
>>
>>44513369

I originally recruited from Gamefinder. When a player dropped out (or was kicked for being a terrible person), another player would invite their non /tg/ friend to join.

Eventually all the Gamefinder people were gone, but their friends stuck around.

It leads me to believe that Gamefinder threads attract the worst type of players.... players who desire a game so adamantly that they're inevitably disappointed when it doesn't turn out like the (most likely fictional) greentext stories all over /tg/.

I don't think I'll ever recruit from /tg/ again. I can't trust people to be reliable here. Not only that, but some of the of the worst people I've ever played with were recruited from that Gamefinder thread.

I'm not sure how many GM's share my sentiment, but I doubt I'm alone in this.
>>
>>44511000
>1000
pretty good numerals bro
>>
>>44519478
Nope, that's 100% accurate.
>>
>>44519381
Wes? Do you mean West Africa Time zone?
>>
>>44519512

Okay, glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

I guess I'm fortunate in the sense that the /tg/ folk introduced me to some amazing players and people; if they hadn't, I think the game I'm running would have died two years ago.

I have another theory; that people in Gamefinder threads are inherently trying to experience "that guy" moments (even when they're not there). You can see it in how mean spirited the conversations are here, when people who have played with each other cross paths again in these threads.

Like >>44511000 for instance.
>>
>>44519546
No lol. Wednesday. I retard
>>
File: 1447565083525.jpg (70 KB, 384x704) Image search: [Google]
1447565083525.jpg
70 KB, 384x704
>>44520225
>Anyday, games will be in Wes tho
>Anyday

pic related

On another note, what's the timezone?
>>
>>44516034
This guy's a flaker. Beware.
>>
>>44519478

As a counterpoint, when my last campaign had a sudden session 0 drop, I recruited off /tg/, and the player was a complete newbie, but quickly learned and picked up, and stayed the course for a two year campaign, and is now a full-fledged member of my usual group.

Remember that you can find good players on /tg/, you just have to be choosy, and that your job as GM is more than rolling dice: You need to facilitate the players in building a rapport with each other.
>>
>>44520341

I ran a campaign for five sessions and then announced I was stopping instead of vanishing.
How am I a flaker? I'd love to hear your reasons.
>>
I think that a majority of the people whining about shitty Gamefinder people are shitty Gamefinder people themselves. If you're a bad person, you're gonna attract other bad people.

There's no set in stone rule about how the gamefinder works. It's a gamble, that's the charm of it all, some times you strike gold and other times you strike a buried land mine.
>>
>>44522142
The GM isn't supposed to stop running a game, he's supposed to keep making a good game for however long the players want to continue.
>>
>>44522251
You support GM slavery, then, I take it.
>>
>>44522268
It's just wanting a decent game, there's nothing outrageous about it.
>>
File: 1451076018428.png (71 KB, 506x329) Image search: [Google]
1451076018428.png
71 KB, 506x329
>>44522251
>>44522268
>>44522355

Yeah I'm just going to say that expecting someone to continue running a game after they've lost interest is ridiculous.
And frankly, regardless if you agree or not, more than half the people here that host don't even last 1-2 sessions in my experience.
So you can do a lot worse than someone that ran five sessions despite his players constantly being late and dropping without a trace.
If I promise at least several sessions, you'll get that.
I never promised to run my last game indefinitely.

I'm not sure if I'm still talking to the supposed player that decided to call me a flake without reasons, but don't be a bitch about this.
>>
>>44522355
Host then, shitface.
Host the fucking game and never once back off, no matter what the players want. Never quit even though there is something personal. What is more important than the whim of the player?

In truth. You are the absolute shit of /tg.
A privileged little fucker who expects everyone to do as you want.
>>
>>44522251

It's supposed to be fun for us GMs, too.

If all my players turn out to be shit, I won't run a game. Just like how as a player, I will drop a shit game.

Players like you are the problem.
>>
>Join a game as a player for the first time in years, since I've been a ForeverDM for so fucking long
>Get to the first session. DM has no interest in prep, no interest in the who or why or how of my character. Just "How do you want to show up?" at the beginning. "You can just swap places with someone, we don't care."
>Oh boy, this is gonna be great...
>5 hours of game session
>10 minutes of that is something you might call "roleplaying" if you had only ever experienced awkward sketch comedy at a drunken open-mic.
>3 hours of poorly thought-out and executed combat.
>And the kicker, on top of all of it? The DM said he thought it was one of his better sessions.
>Oh and he said he expected me to interact more. In a session where 90% of it was inside jokes between drunks.

I don't think I'm going to be a player again.
>>
>>44522531
>>44522478
>>44522467
>Players like you are the problem.
No, it's entitled GMs like you who are the problem. Your role as the GM is to create a game for the players, it's entirely unnecessary for you to have 'fun'. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and just run the fucking game. When did this idea that the GM is supposed to be 100% satisfied with a game or else they won't run it come from?
>>
File: 1450839693996.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1450839693996.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
>>44522713
Is this bait?
>>
>>44522742
Yes.

On the real real, though: DMs have a right to enjoy the game they run, just as players have a right to play in a game they enjoy. No player is required to stay in a game they don't enjoy, but no DM is required to run a game for players they don't enjoy playing with.

Unforunately, taking the time to find and select the players you want to play with, be they excited and engaged roleplayers or wacky joke players, takes a ton of effort and time. Things players do not have to invest on their own.
>>
>>44522713

You're probably a troll, but I don't really care.

There are people actually like this, so I just want to ask in case you really think this,
Why should anyone take up the role of the GM if it's unnecessary for them to have fun and they apparently can't stop when they want?
What would anyone possibly get out of that?
>>
>>44519653
The better theory is that people who hang around in Gamefinder tgreads obviously are looking for a game, and when people end up looking for a game for too long they turn bitter.
>>
I'm looking for a cool gaming group in Indianapolis. I need to get out of the house and talk to people again.
>>
>>44524139
Try a local game store, comic book shop, university club.
>>
>>44524213
there are a few really good places, i just... hate people. finding someone online gives me time to vet them first.
>>
File: 1279039878953.png (78 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1279039878953.png
78 KB, 400x400
bump
>>
>>44524447
That's honestly best. Nothing fucks up a game worse than having a player who is nice enough but is a massive fuck up in some manner that derails the game so you feel bad about kicking him but have to kick him to save the game.
>>
File: Green-forests-Jungle-background.jpg (706 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Green-forests-Jungle-background.jpg
706 KB, 1920x1200
>GM or Player
GM
>System
DnD 5e with a few houserules
>Schedule/Timezone
Pst, I work Retail, SO my schedule is erratic
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
I need someone for an existing group, real life stuff made one of the players bow out.

>Overview
Players are agents of the Church who are being sent to the new world as missionaries for the church of the eleven gods.
>>
>>44503981
>>GM or Player
GM+3 Players, need 1 more
>>System
Dark Heresy 2e
>>Schedule/Timezone
Erratic for holidays, EST
>>Contact Information
dien.zora on skype
>>Additional Info
We had our first session today and two people flakes out, so we need to round out the numbers again.

Inquisitor Benedict "Viktor" von Jaeger XXIII has been dispatched to Pontem Iudiciis after word from a Rogue Trader that the tech priests ruling over this forge world were succumbing to chaos. If the reports are true, you'll have to fight your way to the citadel and eradicate the heresy before exterminatus has to be called upon it.
>>
>>44526824
voice or text?
>>
>>44526969
Voice
>>
>>44527069
good luck then
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Shadowrun 5e
>Schedule/Timezone
Eastern, flexible schedule
>Contact Information
primezenith, Skype
>Additional Info
My current GM and some team members are great, but That Guy is ruining it. Save me.
>>
Anyone running Maid?
>>
>GM or Player
Whichever

>System
If I ran I'd want to play Savage worlds or Shadowrun. If I'm a player I can learn any system.

>Schedule/Timezone
Central, I would only be able to play Saturday nights(after 6:45) and Sundays(can play all day).

>Contact Information
swiftnightrunner on skype
RagingCannibal on steam

>Additional Info
I'm pretty easy going and I'm not a rules lawyer. If I run a game don't expect me to play 100% percent by the rules all the time. It's about having fun and making friends after all,
>>
>>44530012
Do you have any experience GM'ing Shadowrun? It seems like there's a high demand for GM's, but low player supply.
>>
>>44531238
>Low player supply
I meant high demand for GM's, and high player supply.
>>
any play by posts/ email ?
>>
Anyone doing GURPS?
>>
bampu
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.