[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else on /tv/ having problems with this peice of fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: TauKV128Stormsurge01.jpg (67 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
TauKV128Stormsurge01.jpg
67 KB, 600x620
Anyone else on /tv/ having problems with this peice of fucking shit's feet staying on?

Who the fuck thought ball joints where a good idea for something this big?
>>
I think a better question to be "How the fuck is that thing supposed to get back on its legs after it falls over?" Does a Riptide just follow this thing around, like some sort of seeing eye Battlesuit?
>>
>>44501485
Fuck that model on every level. It serves you right for playing Tau, and buying that thing. Fuck you.
>>
>>44501485
learn to pin
>>
>>44501512
No, don't be silly. It requires an entire Manta to babysit it in case it needs to move faster than a slow waddle.
>>
>>44501512
Grav stabilizers? If it falls, it gravs itself up.
>>
>>44501739
You know what would have been a better use of giant grav engines like that? Making a giant tank.
>>
>>44501739

And what if it breaks, like you know, a fall from 30 or 40 feet up when that thing tips over would likely do?
>>
>>44501512
If it falls over it's probably been hit with enough firepower to blow the entire torso off anyways.
>>
>>44501485
That is the problem with the entirety of the Tau's suits models.
>>
>>44501764
Or somebody has bumped into your leg with a Rhino.

Maybe that's why a Tank-shock instantly kills it?
>>
>>44501797
Makes sense to me
>>
>>44501754
Fuck Tanks

Walkers/Bipedal best girl
>>
>>44501485
Why not, I don't know, give it four fucking legs?

You'd think the Tau would realize now that as their mechs get bigger and more cumbersome, the extra dexterity provided by two legs matters less and less; if they want a fuckhueg weapons platform to fuck shit up with, and don't want it as a tank, give it 4, 6, hell, even 8 legs!
>>
>>44501600
What does wrestling have to do with this anon?
>>
>>44501844
I'm still wondering why they wouldn't want it as a tank. If they just need a platform to mount a big gun, a tank makes more sense.

Plus then you can give it to Longstrike and he'll murder everything forever.
>>
>>44501763
I would assume the device isn't that delicate.

>>44501877
>race known for their battlesuits
>put gun in/on tank
It stops making sense very fast.
>>
>>44501877
>>44501942
I'm telling you anons; multi-legged walkers. All the benefits of a tank, while still being mecha.
>>
>>44501942
>It stops making sense very fast.

How? It's not like Tau only use battlesuits. All of their other Superheavies are vehicles in the form of flyers. Hammerheads have already been used for long range fire-support. A bigger Skimmer tank could retain some of the size, mobility, and firepower of the flyers, while being a smaller profile and being more heavily armored.

>>44501997
Unless you need to reposition quickly, in which case a skimmer tank can move flat-out and get there much faster.
>>
>>44501485
Pretend it doesn't exist, anon. It's what I do. Just like I do with the Riptide when I'm not facing cheese.

>>44501942
They're known for trying to use the best tool for the job. Tanks where tanks are appropriate, battlesuits where battlesuits are appropriate. The stormsurge would be far less retarded as a 4 legged walker or even some sort of tracked tank.
>>
>>44501826
only if it has arms and hands
>>
File: trex[1].jpg (117 KB, 650x712) Image search: [Google]
trex[1].jpg
117 KB, 650x712
>>44501512
>How the fuck is that thing supposed to get back on its legs after it falls over?
>>
>>44501485
>/tv/
REAL TAU BEING
AND A REAL HERO
>>
>>44501877
Because all the big Tau battlesuits are all made by one earth caste dude who keeps embezzling funds to make bigger battlesuits.
>>
>>44502034
>tracked tank
Too un-Tau

Although I'm pretty stingy with what I consider "pure" Tau. To me, overcharged Gets Hot ion weaponry, and unreliable Nova Reactors are very un-Tau. The nerfed for safety Plasma Rifle, is very Tau.

But this is just my feelings an opinions. Obviously at the end of the day Tau ethos is whatever GW puts on the page or the table
>>
File: 1426992752213.png (225 KB, 459x403) Image search: [Google]
1426992752213.png
225 KB, 459x403
>>44501485
>Anyone else on /tv/ having problems with this peice of fucking shit's feet staying on?
>/tv/
>>
>>44501754
Id like to see a new Tau tank, but only if its given MC type. AV is too hamstrung in 40k, I wouldnt even bother buying the kit unless it was an MC or GC. Tanks are for suckers who dont care about winning.
>>
Why do you even play 40k?
>>
>>44503001

No. Sho'aun is the FW embezzler guy. GW tried to one up him with their own donut steel I'shuron. But nobody cares about him because he's boring and unfun.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.