[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when EDH was kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Csstf6P.jpg (72 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Csstf6P.jpg
72 KB, 540x960
>>
>>44501024
Better start buying up proper fetchs for fixing. No more shortcuts because Sheldon Memery said so.
>>
>where were you when Sheldor bazinga'd the format
>>
>>44501024

>banning fetchlands

For what purpose? If the issue was about money they should have banned mana crypt years ago.
>>
>>44501024
Is this old? Figuring out how to word it has been a thing for a while.
>>
>>44501456
No this is happening literally right now

And there's no reasoning with Sheldon because he purposefully misinterprets any argument with him and becomes a victim immediately in any conversation about "his" format, only to later say "b-but I won't let the EVIL BADPLAYERS destroy my gift to M:tG players!" and then the SIDF comes and sucks his e-peen and praises him as their autistic savior
>>
>>44501495
>giving a singular fuck about the b& list
m8 my gaming store has actively thrown that out already because its retarded bullshit and sheldon is a dumbfuck.
>>
>>44501516
I go to GPs and shit and I want to play with people I meet without having to explain that I think Sheldon is a dumbass and that's why I have offcolor fetches
>>
>>44501596
>i want to cheat and not be called out on it

1v1 a gun
>>
>>44501621
thanks for the (You), Sheldon
>>
>>44501644
you seem pretty butthurt about the expectation that you should obey the rules you cheating parasite
>>
That's the problem here. House rules are fine and dandy. But when it comes to playing socially, there needs to be set rules so everybody is on the same page.
>playing with strangers

Yes it happens. Yes it's how you meet new people.

But this rule is fucking retarded.
>>
>>44501700
You seem pretty anusirritated people should expect decent rules Sheldon
>>
I don't understand why off color fetches should be allowed when hybrid cards aren't, but whatever

I just don't like fetch lands because they are overpowered compared to literally every other kind of dual colored land

Really though I think there are worse issues with sheldon's rules like free partials and the ban list
>>
>>44502237

Wasn't Maro actually pretty peeved with EDH for hybrids and phyrexian mana cards not having more flexible color identities?
>>
>>44502305
MaRo isn't exactly in a position to start throwing stones.
>>
>>44502952

I agree, but you gotta be fucking up if even Maro is ragging on you.
>>
Maybe I am just a retard or maybe it is just cause I haven't been playing EDH in over a year, but why the fuck do you need off-color fetches?

Like, why is this something that needs to be banned even, why would someone do it. Is it just Landfall triggers and such?
>>
>>44503242
Mana fixing
Landfall for specific decks (on nix, omnath, Titania)
Budget alternative.
>>
>>44503396
Ob Nix*
>>
>>44503396
>Mana fixing
Derp, until you said that I forgot the panoramas even existed. I am pretty sure I even run them in a few two color decks myself, like I said it has been a while since my friends and I played EDH

I was just thinking the two color fetchs and wondering why you wouldn't run the basic in its place if one was off color.
>>
>>44503459
Almost all decks can benefit from using fetch land shuffles with cards like Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack since they manipulate the top of the library.

>I was just thinking the two color fetchs and wondering why you wouldn't run the basic in its place if one was off color.

Say you're running an two color Izzet deck. You can replace one of your mountains with a Wooded Footlhills.Now whenever you draw what would've been just a mountain, you can fetch for a Steam Vents for dual colors since it qualifies as a mountain as well. The consistency you get from those off color fetch lands is really noticeable when you play with them.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.