[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Adventure 8: Forbidden Love Arc Quest Part 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 4
File: 1450999522418.jpg (52 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1450999522418.jpg
52 KB, 736x552
Long story short we are a young student adventurer from a school for adventurers having fallen in love with a female dungeon keeper named Nova, having been influenced to kill the party of students we were traveling with to save her from being killed. We were able to hide it as mind fuckery, so now in between going to school and dungeon exploring we live with her as our GF along with the her comrade the sentient dungeon Heart Vek as well as her motley crew of bandits.

As a side quest we are trying to become a demonic-death reaper, learning the unique style practiced by demons who mimic and supplement death reapers with their own demonic talents, otherwise known as Death Demon's. Mostly because it's cool.

So now we're trying to finish up adventuring school while hiding the fact that we (sort of) willfully murdered some other adventurers, are directly working with dungeons and bandits, sleeping with the enemy, as well as practicing in otherwise illegal and forbidden demonic arts.

Previously we were doing and now are continuing a special new years event thread.

Also Vek is bribing us to calm down Nova via some loving in exchange for dungeon loot

(Note: I am not the OP and the thread isn't active right now. This is just a placeholder for when OP wakes up and its easier to link from the old thread)

Pastebin of some relevant info and main characters skills/equipment:
>http://pastebin.com/992GiM4s

Old Thread:
>>44470369

Quest Archive:
>Go to very bottom and look for Dark Adventure Quest
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=hivemind
>Actually, the start of this quest took place at the end of another quest by the OP, we just recycled the thread. That one is on 4plebs
>Part 1 http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44196360/#44234973
>>
And with that this anon goes to bed and will await OP to wake up in the morning.
>>
Checking in. Hope genie sees this thread.
>>
Red anon, standing by
>>
Bamp
>>
>>44497880
Bump
>>
bumple
>>
[Excited anticipation for Genie]
>>
File: your girlfriend.jpg (89 KB, 800x1091) Image search: [Google]
your girlfriend.jpg
89 KB, 800x1091
Rolled 72 (1d100)

"I am giving you the compass because she insisted. Otherwise with the offerings would never suffice and I ain't about to do it for free. Now hurry up and get naked."

"In other words no deal punk. You try to resist and I'll just slap you with an aphrodisiac."

"You play real dirty you know that?"

"Hell yeah I do. I am a bad guy of course I'll drug your ass if necessary. Not like she'll complain and if she does I'll just hit her with it too."

And so you strip before waiting on the bed. You could clearly hear her coming given the what she is saying to Vik quite loudly. She does however pause upon seeing you and simply states "Vik we'll finish this later..." before stripping from her armor. After which she quickly jumps onto the bed and pounces you.

Vek meanwhile replies with a "Heheheh" as his masterful plan goes underway.

Sometime later you are finally freed from the ongoing coitus. Feeling sweaty but oddly good. You swear its somehow better then then the last time every time. So there you lay realizing its rather late and your not sure if you want to get up to go back, take a bath, or simply sleep here...might have some other stuff to do also.

What do?
>Sleep
>Get up
>Bath
>Go home
>Other?
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>44504776
>Bath
>Other?
Start using the compass of desires. See if it works, and how it works.

Make a list of things we are or are not able to find.

Things we want to try to find:
>A Blacksmith that can do demonic forges and frozen forging as well as fiery forging, who also isn't going to mind the fact that demon shit is illegal

>A fiery hell dungeon
>Fiery Ingot
>Vial of liquid fire essence
>Lesser Fire demon (of the opposite gender to the Frost Demon)

>Boo!

I have a plan to entice the Frost demon to inhabit our awesome scythe and then make it even MORE awesome!
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44504918
So we're gonna pull off the same trick with the demon Vek pulled on us eh?
I can dig that.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44504918
...I take it finding Boo isn't related to the plan with the blacksmith and the demon. Vote
>>
>>44505090
kek, no it's not. Just wanted to see if we could find him.

It'd be funny if it was though.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>44504918
Rolling
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44504918
As you took a bath you tinkered with the compass of desires. Apparently it would focus on whatever you desire the most at that moment. So if you were thinking of your love it would point towards your girlfriend while riches it would point further away.

It would appear to be useless if you do not desire something enough as it will tend to focus on whatever you desire the most.

The blacksmith it points towards an unknown destination.

The fiery hell dungeon and fiery ingot request both point in the same direction. Perhaps its in the same location?

Vial of liquid fire essence it points back to town.

Lesser fire demon points to an unknown location.(technically its a frost flame demon the one you got is).

Boo it spins around as if uncertain.

What do?
>Go home
>Follow GF
>Sleep here
>Dungeon Exchange
>Other?
>>
>>44505473
"Nova, I'm thinking of going on a small journey to get someone to forge my Seeker Sword into a Demonic Seeker Scythe of Fire and Ice.

I was wondering if you'd like to tag along, or if there was anything you'd like me to get for you when I return."
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>44505547
"You if want something like that just ask Vek to provide you a treasure like it. Vek has quite the potential for materializing goodies. I just takes resources or as Vek explains it energy, matter, and transformation."

"Otherwise the dangers of finding someone who can do that...they are most unlikely to be a very nice person. Demon forging is rather frowned upon and to fuse opposites requires unbelievable skill. Assuming you could find someone you would never be able to afford their services. Even I wouldn't if I bankrupted both myself AND Vek."
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44505473
>Action
Ask Nova to give us some of our lust in a vial, and for Vek to give us a flask of his best aphrodisiac. Store them in the book (contained, but not used yet).

Use our new Speed skills and boots to help make our journey much faster.

Go to town, I presume the liquid fire essence is for sale. Buy it.

Then head for the Fire Demon, we're going to capture it.

Invite Nova to come come with us, safety in numbers after all and hey there might be loot on the way. We can carry her in our arms to keep up, as long as she stores her armor in the book.

Time to start working for that Demonic Seeker Scythe of Fire and Frost.
>>
>>44505647
Oh.

"Well, it would still make sense to get the materials right? LIke the liquid fire, the fiery ingot, for Vek to use I mean.

What do you think about capturing the fire demon and then, ah, "incentivizing" them to co-habit (possess) the materialized scythe?"
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44505720
"It does decrease the cost a bit if materials are provided. Why do think I always had the bandits haul everything including their trash to the dungeon?"

"Most demons aren't fond of being forged into something. Possession is more their style and lets stay free should anything happen. I do know of some ways to force a possession and forging."
>>
>>44505785
"Well, my plan was to capture a Fire Demon. I'm not sure if the Frost Fire demon I have is a girl or a guy, but the compass should point to a one of the opposite gender.

Then, with a bit of our store up lust (Yours for the girl, mine for the guy) and some of Vek's aphrodisiac I lock them in the book in a plane of deprivation, where they can see but not touch each other. I'll leave them there, maybe adjust time to go faster , and tell them I'll let them out only if they agree to inhabit the scythe together.

And hey, maybe we can use all that pent up frustration they'll build up as the energy.

. . .perhaps you have a much more simpler idea?"
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>44505871
"...Your line of thinking is like Vek to a disturbing degree. If your skilled enough you can forcefully forge them into it and if your strong enough you can make them agree with it. Otherwise there are other ways to go about it but those two are the most well known. I happen to have a few of those other ways."
>>
>>44506010
"I was strong enough to capture the Frost Flame demon, but I am no blacksmith. Let alone a blacksmith of ice. I'd have to entirely rely on Vek for that.

What were those other ways you mentioned?"
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44506038
"I know only a few most of which are my own techniques that i can forcefully use to say infuse a demon into an item. They are rather rare and i only got them thanks to Vek. I was using them to nourish myself and my gear."

"To get Vek to help he is gonna need quite a bit of resources. Especially for something as exotic and difficult as your request. It will take time to compile the required resources and some time for Vek to develop it."
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>44505473
>Other?
Go out and collect those materials. Buy the liquid fire from town, a fiery ingot, and then go and use the Choker Chain to capture and bind a suitable Flame Demon.
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>44506102
>>44505671
Time to gather materials
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>44506102
Okay, let's get to work on the weapon.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>44506102
The liquid fire was the easiest to acquire if expensive. The fiery ingot on the other hand once you found out its price made you weep tears of blood. You barely afforded it by tapping out the rest of your savings.

The demon meanwhile was amusingly easy to capture. You found it a piece of burnt forest wandering around in its immaterial form. Fortunately your chains worked on it otherwise you would of been in trouble.

What do?
>Go home
>Go to GF dungeon
>Explore
>Raid a dungeon
>Other?
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44506323
>Go to GF dungeon
To get their demonic consent to be forged (which I imagine like most demonic magics, getting them to agree has power) get the vial of lust as well as Vek's aphrodisiacs.

Open and toss it and the two demons into the Book, and put them in a Deprivation Plane where they can "look but don't touch", as well as accelerated time.

"I'll let you out of this predicament when you agree to live in a forged weapon."

Give the book to Vek. "Vek, care to try some practice at that thing you mentioned last night? You said you were good at that.

See how long it takes for you to get them to give me their agreement to the forging process."

I'm going to get you stuff you might want as well as items to speed up forging my scythe."

>Give vek the ice/fire ingots and liquid ice/fire

>Raid a dungeon
Go out and speed loot the four normal dungeons to gather materials and energies to speed up Vek's forging process. Use our two compasses as well as Killjoy's run. Bring them back to Vek to help him prepare our scythe.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44506711
Anon those 4 dungeons aren't exactly normal. One of them is a fucking fairy forest.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44506711
I'll back it. Go out and get stuff while we let them 'cook'.
>>
>>44506767
oh. Uh, what about the other three?
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44506797
Another is the legendary labyrinth and your GF's Dungeon. The other two a bit more normal.

Best to start with 1 dungeon at a time. They can be very scary places if and when you get down to it.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>44506877
Okay
>>44506711
Do this but
MODIFICATION:
start on the one normal dungeon first
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>44506933
Backing
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44506933
Alright, let's keep the ball rolling. Vote

I wonder what the crits from the new years event will do
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44506933
LOOT
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44506933
You give the book to Vek who laughs at you for thinking the stunt you tried would work. He does give you credit for handing it off to him though.

As for the dungeon you decide to go it was the ordinary forest one. Yet again you sneaked your way through and looted whatever you could safely do so. Sadly it didn't amount to whole lot as the better stuff is naturally under guard. You were quite fast about it though. It may have helped that it was so late at night.

What do?
>Go home
>Dungeon raid
>See GF
>Make Camp
>Other?
>>
>>44507215
Hmm, what kind of guards or traps where we able to see here?
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44507215
>Dungeon raid
Try again the same dungeon, in a more slow yet thorough raid, trying to kill and assassinate the guards we can. We should be able to use what info we gianed from speed looting and have a better idea what we're dealing with.

Use some of the recent tutoring and skills we got to the test. We'll keep looting this place until we have more to help Vek in our weapon crafting.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44507253
Most of the traps were natural. Much of the guards were different beasts, plants, and a few monsters or savages.

They naturally tend to congregate near the most valuable places.

>>44507335
Your lacking in healing items and party skills.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44507335
RAID!
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44507365
Well shit. Guess this a bit beyond us.

>>44507215
>Other?
We're not prepared to solo a dungeon, not witout school training.

I think we got a decent amount of stuff done. Maybe let's do something for Nova?

Pull out the Compass of Desires. We should give her something nice now and then, like some new pretty wildflowers.

Oh, and we should find a species of beautiful and exotic bugs, like a wild butterfly or something. Add a little bit of beauty to the dungeon (and also makes good bait).

And maybe some fruit. Safe wild-berries. A nice little natural treat that she can also grow from the seeds.

>Go home
Go home and train/spar with our girl, before giving her the gifts. Give Vek what loot we had towards our Scythe.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>44507552
vote
damn, gonna have to go to work. Good luck everybody.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>44507552
Sure.

Then while at the Dungeon we should see if we can get some healing items.

Also do to us costing Vek so much, in the background. We should get some stuff to smooth over their annoyance with us.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44507552
Rollan
>>44507676
We go to school and take up some basic self-healing classes. Also ask our healer friend for basic tips.
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>44507552
By using the compass of desires you were able to find something nice for Nova.

...So wait you want to move in with her anons?

Anyway you go to her but not before giving her the gifts...or to be more precise leaving them out. According to Vet she was out working but she wouldn't mind sparring with you when she gets back in the early morning. So you gave him some loot to go towards the scythe you want. Vek isn't entirely sure why you want a scythe but given your death demon style actually has it as a preferred weapon you don't mind it.

After that you fell asleep in the bed only to awaken to some morning sex upon her return as she climbs into bed.

What do?
>Stay
>Rest
>Go to school
>Train
>Other?
>>
>>44507847
Yes I want to move in. With the boots we have we can now not be late to school.

The only concern is someone tracking us, but with our shadow skills and numerous cloaks plus secret dungeon entrance that shouldnt be a problem.
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>44507847
Well if the new speed boots and skills can't allow travel between here and school to work. Then I guess we can't really stay here, yet.

Otherwise I'm down for moving in.

Stay till she goes to sleep and haul ass to school. Also leave the gifts for her.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44507962
If you really want to get to her undetected take to the town's dungeon(its an adventure town placed over a huge dungeon) and use the secret exit to get out to go to her. Then use the secret exit to return to town with no one the wiser. Especially if you sneak through parts of it.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44507847
Spend the rest of today training on our self healing.
Ask Nova to show us her way.
Ask our healer friend to show us his way way
Get classes fro school
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44507988
>>44508053
school and healing healing
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44508053
Healing training
>>
>>44507847
Yeah I'm good with moving in
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>44508053
Given your lack of caster training much of the healing you could learn involved medicines, operating, and first aid. Which you naturally concentrated on though it did make you wish you spent more time on magical studies.

Nova meanwhile was extremely excited to find out you were willing to move in with her and gave you a ring. A very strange treasure which she stated was for the one ring you gifted her...apparently her way of accepting the offer. She made it painfully clear that you were to under no circumstances lose the ring. Should you take it off it should be placed at a certain location within the room.

So she was more then happy to show you her means of healing. Of which she practiced several. She had one where you spent energy to follows the body's means to improve it, she had another where you would steal the life of another to improve/heal yourself, and her healing hands was a simple spell she could cast with a long duration that she could use to heal. She also liked to use it for other things as it was a variant spell so it had surprising number of extra uses.

Your healer friend used magic to heal and prayed to deities of healing.

Classes went especially well today. You feel as if you made a lot of improvement, but you also know it will soon be time to specialize in school. So you will have to make a choice eventually where to concentrate your schooling efforts.

Naturally you ended up packing up your possessions in the dorm and moved out. Much to the utter shock and concern of your friends as well as others. They all believe that aren't you moving too quickly? and who the hell IS this mysterious girl that is making you act so stupid? Fortunately you got a little time before they notice. Probably thinking your enjoying some extended stay at GF's place.

Ah come to think of it now there wont be a way to escape Vek's bullshit so easily...crap.

What do?
>Move out
>Stay
>tutor
>shopping
>Other?
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44508530
What sort of specialization options are there?

>>44508530
>tutor
Tutor on some partying skills that we lack to solo even a basic dungeon
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44508704
Seconding this
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>44508704
Rolling
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44508704
Martial.
Shadow.
Magic.
Divine.

Creates the minimum for an adventuring group to be well rounded and successful.

>>44508704
You do your best to tutor on the other skills but the teachers warn you its best to specialize and master then to end up a jack of all but master of none. They say its for that reason that adventurer groups make sure to organize themselves a certain way.

What do?
>Move out
>Stay put
>Train
>Shopping
>Other?
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>44508923
I vote we specialize in shadow school and make moves to get there
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44509707
Seconding
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44509707
Vote
Also we should try raiding with a party soon
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>44508923
Roll out using the sneaker paths. Since it would be good to hide our destination from people.

>>44509707
I'm thinking martial with shadow skills, like a commando. Sneaking, breaking necks and able to fight hard if needed.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>44509707
What about some actions?
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44511081
Hmmmm.

for some reason, I'm highly tempted to have some fun with our GF and her bandits. Going out on a raid or something. Maybe recruit since we lost some numbers from the last battle.

Alternatively we practice our live capture skills.

>>44511081
Talking Stone:
"Hey love, are there any new minions you might be trying to get a hand of?"

>>44508923
As for specific actions,
>Read up on those Demonic Tomes we discovered, continue learning about demonic kind, arts, and stuff that will help us in our Death Demon style and the scythe
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44511617
"Everything. Except goblins and bugs or fungi I already got."
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44511617
Rolling
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44511617
Alright, study up on demonic arts
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44511617
That feel when players seem intent on playing a dark or evil adventurer. That feel when I hadn't gotten that far in my setting.

Fuck...at least the antiheroes were easy.

----
You decide to read up on the demonic tomes that were discovered. It contained much information on the demons. In fact it was too much as it turned out there was an astounding variety of them. Many with their languages and culture. All of them were both evil and spiritual but everything else would easily vary wildly. It also discussed their habits, likes, dislikes, weaknesses, strengths, and even their history. Turned out the demons have an unbelievably long history their own texts date back even before the rise of humanity. It talked about their tactics, their weapons, their armor, their styles, their beliefs, and their methodology of war. The books contained far more then you would of that would of been necessary.

What do?
>Move out
>Train
>Shop
>Study
>Other?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>44512162
To be fair, we started pretty dark when we killed our trusted party of adventurers in the name of love.

>>44512162
>Study
Study up the history and methods of shadow magic while we're at it.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>44512162
I doubt there is evil intentions, it's more rule of cool driving. Otherwise a weapon made of opposites is kinda a bad move. Well in most cases I know off.

-----------

I vote we head through the sneaker path and see what it's like before taking our belongings with us. Unless we don't have much to begin with.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44513326
>>44513397
I vote both
>Study shadow magic
>check out the hidden path
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>44513665
Seconded
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>44513665
Sure. Vote
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44513397
Magic ain't gotta explain shit.

...though yeah in most case that is indeed true, but if you can get the opposing to work it results in a much stronger effect. Hence why frost flames are so dangerous and powerful.

>>44513665
The hidden path that is in the local town dungeon. Which took some bribery and schooming to get in solo. Was actually rather difficult to find and it took some time to figure out where it was. Eventually though you did find it and was very thankful the first layer is so weak. Well outside the bosses or elites that is. You did have to make some detours when you spotted some of them. The path while dangerous will do wanders at keeping yourself from being followed. Assuming that isn't you aren't being followed by anyone particularly strong and or especially sneaky.

It took some time but you did eventually find your way to the hidden entrance. With this experience you have decided to enter the advanced way of shadows. Where the sneakier adventurers are trained who deal with things like traps and nasty surprises. So you registered for it.

What do?
>Go to GF
>Go back
>Explore
>Raid
>OTher?
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>44514091
>>Go to GF
We can bring our stuff later. After all we still need to see what the trip back will be like.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44514176
To Nova's dungeon through the sneaky path! Let's see if any progress was made on our Scythe or how the demons are holding up under Vek's work.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>44514176
>>44514334
Yup
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>44514334
>>44514176
Vote
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>44514176
You wonder off to your girlfriend's place, but wow are you getting sick and tired of going through all big ass fuck bugs and those magical shrooms. Its awful. Eventually you make your way down though it would appear your girlfriend already left for work.

>>44514334
According to Vek the only thing he is waiting on is acquiring enough resources. The scythe you want is rather complex and difficult to generate.

What do?
>Sleep
>Go to town
>Train
>Study
>Dungeon raid
>Other?
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>44514526
>Dungeon raid
Keep on gathering resources by any means necessary.

Maybe use some of the demonic tactics we learned from school today as well as additional shadow magic, practice becoming killier instead of just sneakier.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44514590
Resources!
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44514590
Murder!
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>44514590
Vote
>>
>>44514757
>100
>Gathering resources
>Demon skills
>Shadow skills

THIS IS GOOD. I ENOY THIS VERY MUCH.
>>
>>44514757
Fuck yesss
>>44514782
Man, it's great that we're rolling so well on the style we set out to do.

Instead of, you know, rolling 100s to "go home" or something mundane.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44514710
>>44514644
>>44514590
Vote. But we need to eventually get a raiding party. With pack mules, carts, and varying hirelings and squires
to carry loot and help with the hum drum minutiae of the adventuring life.
Actually Finding other evil adventurers may be tricky but it should be a priority

Our boy needs some friends so far he has no personally
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>44514757
Welp Vek is gonna be crying like a little bitch. Now to figure out the other stuff besides that...
>>
>>44514821
The personality I'm seeing from him is something of a repressed unspoken regret for the murder he committed.

He see's what he did, murdered fellow adventurers, killed comrades that should have trusted him, all because he fell in love with a woman. He can't get away from it, can't even atone for it, and the woman he loves is a reminder of why he did it and that in truth

he'd do it again. And he knows, chances are, he might have to in the future.

Thus, I see him embracing it. Choosing to become something dark, something wicked, hidden underneath that adventurers gaze. A demonic agent of death.
>>
>>44514821
We also have friends, perhaps we should hang out with them more. I feel we've avoided them for some time since being preocupied with our GF, her dungeon, and our sins.

I do agree on the raiding party
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44514590
The demonic tactics as it turns out works ABSURDLY well with your death demon style and what little shadow magic you know. So you may have ended up turning into a spectre of death as you proceed to charge through the dungeon slaughtering everything in your way.

Swarming Bugs.

Big bugs.

Spore monsters.

Fungal Beasts.

Fungi Zombies.

All were slain before you. As you charged through the dungeon killing and looting everything in the way. It only ended when unexpectedly you found nothing else to kill...so you went through it all again just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Turned out you did miss some stuff.

Naturally you took your loot back home ignoring a pitifully crying Vek. It was so bad that when your girlfriend returned the first thing she asked was 'what happened to my dungeon?'

Then she saw the pile of loot and you could see her eyes widen and a 'o' appeared on her face. Naturally Vek turned on you claiming you killed EVERYTHING and looted even his HIDDEN goodies!

She responded by what did he expect with the agreement? Before giving you a good job kiss after which she exhaustedly took off her armor and slinked into bath. Where she asked you to join her.

You took up that offer once you realized how filthy you were from the exertion, also made you impressed that she kissed you despite the fact.

What do?
>Soak
>Sexy times
>sleepy times
>Get out
>Other?
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>44515120
Hmm, I really should have considered specified a different dungeon to loot. I mean, unless by looting Vek's dungeon we somehow generated resources from him, it kind of defeated the purpose of getting more shit to speed up the scythe progress.

In theory if we use all the loot we got right now and told Vek "This is all for the scythe" that results in a net increase towards that project right?

Also what kind of loot/hidden goodies did we get? THAT I am interested in.

>>44515120
>Soak
>Sexy times
Remember how she's always ready to go after a fierce exercise?

Well, guess the fuck what now the boots on the other foot. And we're gonna be the one to pounce. So dive on in, this water is gonna get hotter.
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>44514821
He does have a few friends...granted most he killed or ended up dying. Adventurers aren't exactly known for their living a long time.

Nor is he all that evil...he is just in love with a terrible person.

>>44514902
That is true.

Thing about him is he feels awful about it but he also can't really talk about it or seek redemption...because he knows if he has to he will do so again without hesitation. His lover is a constant reminder of that fact which REALLY fucks with him as before that he was your typical adventuring heroic honorable fool.

He was a good guy...but he did all of that and he knows he will do it again if its required of him. There is no atonement for him because of it. Yet oddly that doesn't bother him as much as he thought.

He is a good guy though right? right?

Truth betold he was he just did a terrible thing for someone he loves and he knows he will do it again without hesitation. The source of his evil has others will note his is lover and they may act accordingly by trying to kill her so as to free him of that bond.

That is why I am been writing him as so repressed, because internally he is all kinds of fucked up. His actions, what he is and used to be all he's struggling with. He may turn evil or be that good guy until he slides a knife in your back with a smile simply because you tried to harm his lover.

It really depends how hard he relies upon and follows his lover. At the moment the players are following her pretty hard so he is following a very dark and evil path but he can still turn away from it...somewhat. At least until someone tries to threaten her again.

because he knows no matter how good he may be or become later on no matter he will kill those who threaten his lover without hesitation. He knows this fact because it did it before. Granted he may of been nudged a bit but that potential was inside of him regardless and he knows he will do it again. Without prodding especially now that he has got to enjoy her love.
>>
File: HumanBalthazar.jpg (164 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
HumanBalthazar.jpg
164 KB, 1280x800
>>44515335
>The source of his evil has others will note his is lover and they may act accordingly by trying to kill her so as to free him of that bond.
And that in turn why he's focusing so much on becoming an agent of death. The demonic reaping.

So that when the time comes, when he has to fight for her again, he will do it and channel his such unholy fury and rage that was all his sins, fears, regrets, and the fires of his emotions upon them.

They fought the girl before thinking she was the main threat, while all the time it was him who killed them.

Now he's preparing to be able to do it again. When the time comes, no one will know that his shining adventurer armor hides just underneath it the terrible visage of death, wanting to protect his love.

>He may turn evil or be that good guy until he slides a knife in your back with a smile simply because you tried to harm his lover.
I don't see him smiling. I don't even see him frowning.

I felt that he did it almost apathetically, without a face even. He did it not out of anger or joy, but because he /had/ to. His true face, the face he showed when she was threatened, was that of death. Cold, unwavering, and single minded on one thing: killing you.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>44515335
also see >>44515239
1.) what kind of loot did we get
2.) did our actions give us resources to make Vek progress the scythe faster, or just resulted in no net gain since it was the same resources from Vek's own dungeon
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44515335
So I have been waiting to see how the players will direct him. Because no matter what it will be fascinating to watch even if you decide to run away from it...

Its very entertaining.

Will he walk beside his lover on her vile path?

Will he run away from it in the attempt to escape it?

Will he walk his own path despite knowing his potentially traitorous tendencies because of his love?

Or maybe something else entirely?

No matter what i will admit to finding this fascinating.

>>44515239
Vek was cultivating some rare items for himself and nurturing some bug eggs. Including a bug boss egg. He naturally did his best to stash it but you found it regardless.

The rare items you nabbed from him are insanely rich in nutritional power and extremely valuable substances. In total the items alone would be worth as much as everything else you gathered combined and possibly a bit more.

The eggs he was nurturing were monstrous bug eggs and a bug boss egg. They too are insanely valuable(especially the bug boss egg).

>>44515493
The resources are of no use for the scythe your after. The stuff you robbed him of was meant for his own development.

The stuff he raises for your girlfriend he apparently keeps closer to her areas so she can keep an eye on it herself. Makes you rather curious what kind of insanely valuable goodies were being developed for her...
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>44515531
>>44515531
Which is why Vek is crying so hard. As if killing everything wasn't bad enough you ALSO looted his most PRECIOUS of treasures(which required a 100). As per the terms though he can't really complain that much or hard.

Does't mean he don't weep hard though.

Some of the stuff you robbed him of he was developing for many years to use for himself when the time was right.

Most of the stuff that remained unpicked was apparently meant for your girlfriend's use.
>>
>>44515531
Oh drat, then we completely failed in our original intent of getting more resources for the scythe. And honestly, we have no exact uses for this stuff we got either (it's cool, but we aren't bug focused and honestly this stuff IS better in his hands).

>The resources are of no use for the scythe your after. The stuff you robbed him of was meant for his own development.
>Most of the stuff that remained unpicked was apparently meant for your girlfriend's use.
Which makes matters more complicated.

All things point to the fact that we probably /really/ should give this stuff back.

Because not doing so would set back the dungeon and our GF back a LOT. Which is not good.

The only other alternative is wonder if there was some way we could trade this stuff for something even more valuable for Vek's dungeon, but I doubt that.

So we're at an impass where if we keep/sell the stuf we looted, we make off Vek worse (and more than likely delay our project), where as if we give it back for free well, shit, that stuff took a 100 to get.

I hope we at least leveled up our demonic skills.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>44515666
The stuff is picked much of it will no longer be possible to develop further as its been plucked. Vek did a damn good job at hiding it all...just not enough.

The stuff that you didn't get was largely for your girlfriend. You hadn't thought there would of been goodies in those areas so you hadn't check. You just sorta robbed him blind not her.

The stuff if sold on the open market will be worth a real fortune. Enough to get you decked out in good quality adventuring gear.

Turns out Vek also directs resources to be spent and its not just her.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>44515605
How I feel about this guy is he can be a good guy. It's just, love makes ya crazy and who wouldn't want to protect the one they love.

I would like to play him neutral. Enjoys being an adventure, but will do what is needed to.

>>44515666
Yes Satan, we will level the skills and give back their stuff to grow. Just wanted to test our skills after all.

I say we hit up the tunnel we need to use to get back home. That way we can learn it better. After this that is.

>>44515120
>Soak
Ask Nova how her day was and what she has been up to.

>>44515752
Aw, to bad. It would be nice to see what comes of the items.
>>
>>44515752
>The stuff is picked much of it will no longer be possible to develop further as its been plucked. Vek did a damn good job at hiding it all...just not enough.
Well, that makes us feel bad.

>The stuff if sold on the open market will be worth a real fortune. Enough to get you decked out in good quality adventuring gear.
But that makes us feel good!

Hmm, I wonder what we should buy. Someone mentioned armor.
>>
Weren't we supposed to give the shit we looted to Vek?

Selling it on the open market would be a huge loss as the resources leave the ecosystem.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>44515962
Not that big actually. Much of the stuff is raised or developed in such a manner as to continously provide resources to the dungeon until harvested. Thing is by the time its ready to harvest it can already more then made up for its expense.

There are also those which pop up naturally without the dungeons interference in which case they are pure profit. This is also true from resources that come from outside.
>>
>>44516037
Does Nova and her bandits know any access to the Black Market where we can buy illegal stuff?
>>
>>44516037
I thought our agreement was that we could kill stuff as long as we gave the resources to him for processing.

If that isn't the case then selling it could be a great idea.
>>
>>44516080
I'm trying to compile a list of stuff we can/should buy given that we have just been alloted a substantial amount of wealth.

In particular things that will help us solo dungeons more effectively so we can speed up both scythe development and dungeon development.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>44516062
Yes.
She knows some smugglers and slavers too.

>>44516080
There was no such agreement. Be aware that exchanging with him doesn't keep outside market prices in mind. So a famine could be going on outside but the dungeon would still produce or purchase food at its own price despite what the outside influences would otherwise say it should be.

This makes it so you can make more or less money depending on how play out the shortages and such.
>>
File: angel_of_death_by_yonaz-d79ofji.jpg (188 KB, 800x923) Image search: [Google]
angel_of_death_by_yonaz-d79ofji.jpg
188 KB, 800x923
Potential shopping list/amazing gear we might want in a pipe dream.

Gauntlet's of Power - Gauntlets with some magical enchantment, perhaps a gem, that allows us to channel different kinds magic through them. Improves our known Fist styles, as well as perhaps allows us to launch bolts of magic from our hand.

Disruptive Stake Harpoon of Anti-magic - A rare stake made of pure Disruptium, the rare magical disruption and draining material that is strongly effective against all forms of magic, good and evil, earthly or outsider. Can be used as a stabbing too in close quarters, or launched upon a harpoon chain that reels it back in.

Concealed Armor of Unseen Infernal Death - An incredibly fine crafted armor that uses powerful magics both demonic, shadow, and death, as well as some amazing craftsman skills the likes of even the dwarves would be impressed.

It has the capability of folding and compressing into a tiny object perhaps a piece of metal at the end of a necklace, in one's pocket, or even in a bag of holding or a book. Can be summoned where it unfolds with great speed to cover the persons entire body. While small and compact it is both hard to see and detect thanks to strange combination of non-magical materials around the shell in its compact form.

It even has additional concealment when in its full form, such that it combines shadow, infernal, and death making it both VERY strong and yet at the same time very hard to comprehend and see, making it suitable as stealth protection. Even looking at it can cause confusion upon the beholder.
>>
>>44516458
Bejeweled wings of energetic flight - Unlike normal crafted wings or even some enchanted flight methods, the Bejeweled Wings of Energetic Flight function on a different system.

A central jewel is enchanted in such a way that any forms of magical energy sent at it immediately translate it into powered flight and wings. Channeling fire magic into it gives one wings of deadly flame, channeling shadow magic into it gives a flying shadowy cloak that hides and shrouds, channeling death magic into it creates a deadly vapour that surrounds yet also protects the self by killing thoes that come in contact into it.

The jewel itself can be placed in a safe spot such as in the chestpiece, under the armor in the back, or any other such place.

Mouth of Terror - A set of fangs or teeth that when worn like a mask, or placed upon a helmet or mask, allows the user to speak in a dark and terrible voice that is infused with fear causing magic, the sound being able to be heard not just by ears but felt in the body and soul. Works well with known chants and phrases and spells of fear and terror
>>
>>44516458
>>44516501
Bracelets of the Intangible - Allows the user to phase through most solid and magical physical objects, and reduces damage from magical objects.

Shield of Porticular Retaliation - A curious circular shield with a dimensional portal on one side. When an attack is made at it, it enters the portal, whereupon the shield through the work of dimensions sends it back at the attacker.

---

Okay. That was the fantastical and probably hyper expensive list. Now for a more reasonable one.

Some good shadow armor
Those amazing flying shoes fro earlier
Anything that will help speed up scythe construction
Some sort of timepiece that allows us to think at much faster speeds, so we can handle the speed increase of how we fight
A more effective Adventuring and Dungeon raiding kit. We can't become a jack of all trades but by golly if we're lacking partying skills to solo a dungeon, this will help.

Gonna try to think of more practical/afforadble gear
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>44515120
Anyway, for this turns actions I vote we sell our stuff for money and then check out the stores in Town and in the Black Market.

I want to see if there's some other gear that would fit our style or give us inspiration that we aren't noticing

>Go to the Shops of Town and Black Market and just go window shopping, see what kind of wares are being sold
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>44516613
>Blades of Repeated Wound: A pair of incredibly penetrative short swords.
>Stabed or hacked into something or someone, and the blade breaks off at the hilt. A new blade is conjured in its place. The user can turn their foes into pincushions full of blades that cut up the body while they move. Can be used to climb walls too.
>Blades turn into rust in about an hour, causing additional blood poisoning

>>44516651
Vote. See if any of the stuff listed so far appears too.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>44516651
>>44516734
Shopping time?
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>44516651
>>44516734
Rolling
>>
Honestly the rolls so far in this quest have been stupid...
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>44516876
When are they not?

*Genie proceeds to cry in a corner*

>>44516651
against all odds during your shopping you found a gauntlet of power for sale. In the black market meanwhile demon forged and even posssessed items were the norm. You found all manner of highly illegal and questionable goods for sale. You even found 3 pieces of Demon Demon made equipment. Including a scythe, a hood, and a pair of boots.

The merchants when you brought in the goods were utterly shocked at the stuff you sold, but they were EXTREMELY happy you sold it to them! It even ended up causing a bit of a sensation to acquire such extremely rare materials. It didn't even matter with how late it was considered.

As for other wares you can find all kinds. Especially adventuring gear in particular was quite abundant. Even the black market was unexpectedly huge to deal with the burgeoning adventurers who needed certain illicit gear or to sell otherwise hot and or illegal items.

What do?
>Go to bed
>Keep shopping
>Investigate the shadows
>Go to GF
>Other?
>>
>>44516993
"Hey Vek, if I buy you a ready made Demon scythe will that make things faster?"

What do the Hood and the Boots do?
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>44517077
"A bit."

Neither you or the merchant knows what they do. Its typical demon equipment as far as he is concerned. illegal but some are willing to pay big bucks for it.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>44517161
>Rolled 69
Heh, I wonder what they do indeed.

--
I wonder if there's something here we can buy for our GF or Vek too
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>44516993
Buy the Gauntlet and the Scythe

>Other?
Use the Compass to direct us to something or someone in this black market able to tell us all about these items and what they do. Somewhere the information is around. Perhaps a captured creature, a crystal ball, or something.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>44517327
That's a good idea. A market guide we can buy or hire. Maybe there's a slave whose freedom we can buy.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>44517327
Okay
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>44517327
Let's do it
>>
night bump
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.