[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just got the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series for Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: guardsman.jpg (130 KB, 868x744) Image search: [Google]
guardsman.jpg
130 KB, 868x744
So, I just got the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series for Christmas and have been playing through it. Finally reached Dark Crusade and am doing Necron path first. Pic related is my opinion of the fucking Imperial Guard and their refusal to die.

Also, general Dawn of War thread, feel free to post whatever shit you liked about the games.
>>
>play Soulstorm
>play SoB
>IGs are all over the place and you can't get rid of them
>play IGs
>SoB's purely flame weapons exploits IGs "high numbers, low moral" weakness

talk about your stalemate situation
>>
>>44497738
Worst part with IG is that the second you field something that takes care of their high number weak guy troops they roll out a Baneblade or a swarm of Lemans to support them in milliseconds.
>>
>>44497694
Keep some flayed ones in the monolith to deep strike right in the middle of the guardblob to distract and demoralize.
>>
How the FUCK did you get those for Christmas? I got those like ten goddamn years ago for Christmas myself.
>>
>>44497832
the whole set of the first game was on sale for like 10$ on steam, my sis bought me them.

>>44497821
I try that, but they always keep the flamer tanks mixed in with the group and those things turn flayed ones into flambé'd ones in no time at all
>>
>>44497877
Use destroyers in packs too then?

You're using your necron lord to go in and smack some bitches around right?
>>
>>44497907
oh most definitely sending in the lord, but the sheer number of the little bastards means that until he goes nightbringer he can barely make a dent without getting put in the ground.
>>
>>44497924
Even with full in-battle upgrades like lightning field and phylactery?
>>
>>44497946
yep. as I said in the OP, guard are little fucking swarms of cockroaches.
>>
>needing tactics with the fucking Necrons

Turtle
Build high end units
Activate monolith
Attack move
Gg next map

The only time it's challenging is when you're invading a map where the enemy has their guards stationed and you get swarmed by an entire army as soon as you load.
>>
File: cron.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1130) Image search: [Google]
cron.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1130
>>44497694
Lots of flayed ones, destroyer/immortal support, get some Pariahs and your immortal in there, win. Warrior squads for cannon fodder, if you have the population space.

Good luck with your extermination campaign, fellow Lord.
>>
>>44498142
>The only time it's challenging is when you're invading a map where the enemy has their guards stationed and you get swarmed by an entire army as soon as you load.

replace "as soon as" with "after 1-2 minutes" and that's accurate. I normally do that strategy.
>>
>>44497694
I always found them to be alright to deal with. Its the fucking eldar that are a pain to deal with
>>
Anybody else just not do the hyperion peaks territory? The one where you have no base and the enemy has around 3.
>>
>>44497694
probably my worst experience with the guard was one time when I was playing 'cron and had to do a defense mission. The usual "hunt the humans and break their HQ, you start with advantage" shit.. Sound easy? well, it would be if the fucking guards didn't build the max number of HQs scattered around the map randomly and any time one went down would immediately replace it. Fucking 'crons don't move fast enough to be at one base and just warp across the map to the next base you're already halfway-through building! I ended up literally having to run them out of requisition, it took hours.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.