[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tg, I want to make an actually fleshed out character instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: kkk 200.jpg (50 KB, 680x660) Image search: [Google]
kkk 200.jpg
50 KB, 680x660
Tg, I want to make an actually fleshed out character instead of some half assed thing I got from the top of my head.

This will be for dnd 5th edition, stats are being rolled right now.

noko+dice+18d6
(The reason I rolled 18d6 is that i'm rolling 3d6 for each of my stats. I'll just add them up top down.)
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 3, 3, 6, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4 = 59 (18d6)

Fuck. I didnt roll right, repeat after me, sleep is vital.
dice+18d6
>>
Rolled 3 (1d9)

Stats will be then, 12,6,8,7,18,8.

We will allocate upon choice of class.

roll 1d9 to decide alignment.
1 being LG
5 being TN
9 being CE
>>
STR 12
DEX 6
CON8
INT 7
WIS 18
CHA 8

Your character a shit. Enjoy playing a car salesman evangelist.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d9)

Rolling to decide alignment now,

1-9
>>
>>44497224
>Allocating after class
If you're going to use a random generation, you don't become a pussy about it halfway through anon.
Down the line or gtfo.
>>
>>44497227
Naw, we can allocate based on the class we choose. We're not going to go top down like that.
>>
>>44497238
Fuck it. He's right, we'll do it all this way.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d12)

So far we are a Chaotic good with this shit statline.

STR 12
DEX 6
CON8
INT 7
WIS 18
CHA 8

Rolling to decide class
These are the options.

Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Magic-User/Mage/Wizard
Monk/Mystic
Paladin
Ranger
Sorcerer
Thief/Rogue
Warlock

1 will be barb
12 will be lock
>>
Rolled 3 (1d9)

We are now a Chaotic Good Sorceror with 8 charisma. Fuck.

STR 12
DEX 6
CON8
INT 7
WIS 18
CHA 8

Now we roll for race.

Dwarf
Elf
Halfling
Human
Gnome
Half Elf (oh please god this for the charisma)
Half Orc
Tiefling
>>
>>44497169
Why not just use a small base for a character and have the flow of the game itself decide for you?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d37)

We are a chaotic good halfling sorceror,

STR 12
DEX 6
CON8
INT 7
WIS 18
CHA 8

We now roll for backgrounds.

Adventurer
Afflicted
Antiquarian
Apothecary
Battlesmith
Bounty Hunter
Buckaroo
Cavalryman
City Guard
Clone
Cursed
Diplomat
Dishonered Noble
Doctor
Executioner
Exile
Farmer
Feral Child
Firefighter
Gladiator
Gypsy
Hellborn
Inquirer
Master Inquisitor
Metal worker
Monster Hunter
Mystic
Pirate
Prospector
Psychic
Reaver
Shadow Thieves' Member Guild
Slave
Slayer
Spy
Squire
Student of Magic
>>
>Tg, I want to make an actually fleshed out character instead of some half assed thing I got from the top of my head.
>Proceeds to roll it randomly due to chronic lack of imagination

Yeah, your CHA 8 sorcerer is gonna be an awesome, good character that's totally not a shitty gimmick.
>>
File: 1b5.jpg (35 KB, 293x636) Image search: [Google]
1b5.jpg
35 KB, 293x636
>Rolling to determine stats
I guess maybe, even if it's not a perfect system what is-
>Rolling for character traits
You know, not a bad idea. The Background section has tables just for it after all-
>Rolling for class
Why?
Why even?
If you want a fleshed out character, at least invest thought as to what playstyles fit you and narrow the classes by that before filtering by compatibility with your statline
>>
You know, OP, I could actually help you make an actual character concept you want to play.

Since, you know, this sure as fuck won't make that happen.
>>
A chaotic good halfling bounty hunter sorceror.

STR 12
DEX 6
CON8
INT 7
WIS 8
CHA 18

I'm going to pull magic jewery and change my charisma and wisdom scores. I'm allowed this simple right due to rolling utter shit.

Now. we decide this fuckers background. What the hell does he do in bounty hunting. What made him go bounty hunter. What is everything about him. Pitch me ideas, /tg/, I fucking suck and its 2 30 AM where i'm at, can't think straight.
>>
Fuck it. Ignore everything before this.

We're going to make fleshed out character. Random generation probably wasn't the best idea in hindsight.

Let's just throw ideas around, then roll for stats n shieet.
>>
>>44497424
You have to give us something to work with. What direction are you intrested in? What do you like to do in a game? What kind of character type, off the top of your head, feels compelling to you?

I mean, from experience, I can throw ideas at you forever, and it's not going to do anything unless you have some semblance of what you actually *want*.
>>
Idea 1 - Autistic paladin. Bought an order for himself after finding a lottery ticket on the floor. Makes up random rules whenever it suits him, bitches and moans whenever people complain about them. Creates a scene everywhere he goes.

Idea 2- a rogue with no hands. Does shit with feet and mouth.

Idea 3 - Paladin white human supremacist. Think /pol/ with holy powers. Could be combined with idea 1

Idea 4 - a drug dealing orc who constantly gets screwed over in deals but makes money with brute force and sheer luck/charisma.
>>
>>44497445

That was something i caught onto way too late>>44497459
>>
>>44497224

wow, those stats are fucking fucking awful. Sweet jesus. The 18 is kind of nice to start off with but you're going to have a negative mod unless you pick a class that only needs one real stat, and even then you're going to suck at everything else.

Barbarian? Maybe?
>>
>>44497459
Most of these are retarded gimmicks, and you fucking know it. Only idea 4 is even remotely viable for any kind if "actually fleshed out character", and something tells me you're still just looking for retarded gimmicks.

Here's a tip to get you started: you're going to be way more satisfied playing an actually well realized more ordinary character than you're ever going to be playing Wacky Gimmick Number Potato.
>>
Idea 6 - Bored human peasant finds sword, doesnt know shit about training but it looks expensive as fuck. he gets targeted by mafia because it is THEIR sword, goes on the run. Is also white supremacist /pol/
>>
>>44497459
>Rich Autist Paladin
Why? You're just going to put arbitrary limitations on other players or NPCs, someone is going to not put up with it in or out of character, and it will likely turn into violence in or out of character. Not that a trait which predisposes characters to action in a certain situation is bad, but that seems like an unnecessary complication.
>Rides Bike with no Handlebars
No. That sort of gimmick will do nothing but gimp you. Maybe would take for an incompetent one-off NPC.
>...well, maybe. It could be done. Just find a way to play with your Oath, and not losing your Oath. Just don't make it incompatible with major NPCs or party members.
>Druggy McMissingTooth
Could work, but you'll need good rolls to back it up ingame.
>>44497549
So what, Inheritor background? An interesting interpretation of it to be sure, but a bored peasant who doesn't know sword training does not an adventurer make, unless some power in the sword gave him competence. Fae bullshit or something. Fi.
Best case, you force your DM to write up a part of the campaign about you getting pursued which inconveniences everyone and makes the whole thing about you. Worst case you're all killed.
>>
>>44497544
>>44497614

Alrighty. No. We are going with /pol/ paladin.
Just because I feel like I would have extreme amounts of fun doing that.
This doesn't have to be Tryhard Mc1337, this is something that'd be fun to rp as. Pol paladin. The order promised to let him back in if he submit himself to 3 years of working with non Aryan humans convicts. Raised by a neo nazi cult, he infiltrated the paladins. The neo nazi cult died, and paladin was his only marketable skill. He gets kicked out of it, he's broke.
The convicts have to be with him because he's meant to be rehabilitating them. They can't rat each other out, so they're fucked and stuck together for 3 years.
They're broke too, the paladin is meant to cover expenses, but the order gives him less than minimum wage. Monthly. So they resort to petty crime and odd jobs to pay the bills. They all live in a single apartment in the hood.

What would be a good system to run this idea on? Something I can feasibly do on /tg/
>>
>>44497842
>What would be a good system to run this idea on? Something I can feasibly do on /tg/

Wait, what the fuck are you actually trying to do? What the fuck is this? Is this for a quest?
>>
>>44497859
Pol Paladin has to work with nonhuman non white convicts in an attempt to make money to pay rent in a big city and to keep the bills paid. They go around doing various oddjobs, petty crime, and DIY treasure hunting (as in, walking around dark caves in the hope to find bodies to loot and pawn off)
>>
>>44497888
Why are you asking for something you could feasibly do on /tg/?
>>
>>44497842
>>44497859

this thread just gets shittier and shittier with each passing moment. what a way to start the new year; with a terrible advertisement for an unfunny idea for a quest thread; the worst type of thread on /tg/.
>>
>>44497459
I should have known with how you tried starting this thread but just getting past idea 1, I can confirm: you're That Guy, OP.

I can't even call you a faggot because even faggots know to avoid being That Guy.
>>
>This will be for dnd 5th edition, stats are being rolled right now.
>What would be a good system to run this idea on? Something I can feasibly do on /tg/

What is even happening?
>>
I mean, is it just me, or does this thread seem literally insane? I'm not sure what the fuck the OP wants to do, and he seems to be behaving like a mentally disturbed person who's operating on some completely incomprehensible logic. What, exactly, is this thread actually about?
>>
Alcohol and /tg/ dont mix.

I'm killing thread.
>>
>>44497920
>>44497912

honestly this is all our faults. why are we even surprised? look at that opening picture. we thought we were going for a ride, and now we're domestic terrorists.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.