[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy Races
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Viera_%28fft%29.jpg (121 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Viera_%28fft%29.jpg
121 KB, 600x800
How might you stat the races of Ivalice? Particularly as PCs.

Any system you feel comfortable with, although ideally Pathfinder and the 40kRPGs.
>>
Viera as Elves, Bangaa as Half-Orcs, and those pig faced guys as Dwarves.
>>
File: FFTIvalice.png (123 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
FFTIvalice.png
123 KB, 496x368
>>44490420
I thought ivalice only had humans and everything else were monsters?
As I recall the codex entry for moogles even says they have been extinct for quite some time.
>>
>>44490910
Different races appear in different eras. The viera, for example, are mostly closed off from the outside world and hide in great forests, but in some eras there are young females who leave their wardens as explorers or mercenaries before they go back to settle down. The bangaa are a populous race in FFTA but appear less and less in subsequent games of that era and canonically die off shortly after the events of FFTA2.
>>
>>44490910
Ivalice has a pretty long timeline.
All other Ivalice games have Bangaa, Moogles, Viera and N'Mou, and most have Gria and Seeq as well.
>>
File: IvaliceAllianceTabletop.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
IvaliceAllianceTabletop.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44490420
Here.

Several years ago (like, I was fresh out of High School, I'm 23 now) I started writing up a tabletop D20 version of Final Fantasy, focused on the Ivalice setting. I drew up stats for all the playable FFTA2 races, did a bunch of core classes, tacked on a mana system, items, etc.

A lot of what's here is old, out of date, or was once WIP, but it's a labor of love, long abandoned.

Knock yourself out /tg/.
>>
>>44491316
D20 homebrew?
Why do I have the feeling it can't be good?
>>
>>44491512
As in it uses twenty sided dice, yes. Not a homebrew based off of the D20 game. Heaven's no. It's modelled more closely off of Pathfinder though I like to think it evolved into it's own system over the years.
>>
>>44491645
Pathfinder IS D20.
>>
I prefer Vagrant Story Ivalice, honestly.
>>
>>44491746
Well yeah.

I thought you were talking about D20 Modern for whatever reason, which no one talks about.
>>
>>44491019
>>44491106
So now that I have read up on FFTA and its sequel, why the fuck do they take place in Ivalice?
The setting was pretty awesome as its own thing, as opposed to filling some generic FF quota.
>>
Stat Gria and how they're better than Seeq, and Bangaa
>>
>>44491974
D20 usually refers to OGL, which is D&D 3.5, PF and their ill-begotten ilk.

>>44492067
FFXII and its spin-offs and FFTA2 take place in Ivalice, while FFTA takes place in a copy of Ivalice created by the Gran Grimoire.
As to why: If you've got an interesting setting, why not use it?
Crystal Chronicles was also expanded, timeline wise.
>>
>>44492196
>If you've got an interesting setting, why not use it?
But they didn't, they used the name of an old setting, presumably for recognition, and then wrote up a new setting that doesn't fit thematically.
>>
>>44492425
They elaborated on the past of the setting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.